PDA

View Full Version : Thief Class/Skills

Delak
03-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know what kind of Thief Class and/or Thief skills will be available. Just so I am clear on what I consider Thief Class and Skills, think old school D&D or the classic Mud Gemstone III, things like:

Pick locks
detect traps
disarm traps
stealth (hide in shadows, move silently)
pick pockets

Chernobog
03-24-2014, 12:53 PM
so far, the only one that i've ever seen in game on your list is stealth... but its not "hide in shadows, move silently" its a skill you cast that makes you "invisible" for a set time. unable to target as well.

Mr. Burpee Gurkee
03-24-2014, 12:57 PM
The "Calling" tree of skills would be what would fit this closest. Like Chernobog says, the only skill from your specific list that is in ArcheAge is the stealth (AKA Invisibility) skill. While we cannot disarm or detect traps, there are skill trees in ArcheAge that can set traps.

Of course, if literal thievery is up your alley there is quite literally a thieving skill in your skills which you can level if you decide to be a thief and steal from other people's farms.

Delak
03-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Thank you for the quick replies.

Mr. Burpee Gurkee - what is the "Calling" skill tree?

I feel the rain of Delak the cow thief coming on......

I noticed in one of the live streams last week, that player houses had chests, doors and windows that can be opened, any word on if those can be locked?

Delak

Chernobog
03-24-2014, 01:58 PM
its called finesse in the RU version. Its where all the "theif" skills are. assassin class sort of thing.

buildings are set by the building owner as to who can access them. you will not be able to "pick" those locks.

Delak
03-24-2014, 02:00 PM
its called finesse in the RU version. Its where all the "theif" skills are. assassin class sort of thing.

buildings are set by the building owner as to who can access them. you will not be able to "pick" those locks.

Dang it.... Here is hoping for locked doors, chests, etc... out in the PVE areas.

Chernobog
03-24-2014, 02:07 PM
ya friend, if you're looking for the classic "thief" sort of toon, its not really an option in Archeage. Well... apart from stealing crops outside of farms, and killing players for their tradepacks.

Zev
03-24-2014, 02:31 PM
I miss snooping and stealing from UO, but i think crop stealing might give me the same feeling of lol sucks for you

Chernobog
03-24-2014, 02:34 PM
I miss snooping and stealing from UO, but i think crop stealing might give me the same feeling of lol sucks for you

hahaha it does, but you have to do some exploring to find the good ones. (tops of mountains, random islands, stuff like that) Happy hunting!

Mavol
03-24-2014, 02:46 PM
I loved the disarm thief the most, disarm to pack steal from pack run off. The rage that ensued was intoxicating

Zev
03-24-2014, 03:30 PM
hahaha it does, but you have to do some exploring to find the good ones. (tops of mountains, random islands, stuff like that) Happy hunting!
exploring and adventuring is my favorite part to playing games, this just makes the game that much better that i can get rewarded for climbing to the top of things now XD

Voom
03-24-2014, 04:52 PM
Using Finesse and the Thievery profession you'd be able to play a full-fledged Rogue who actually steals from other players (your own faction or otherwise). You can take it one step further and join the Pirate faction - become a Free Agent and work both sides for the highest profit.

greebo
09-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Using Finesse and the Thievery profession you'd be able to play a full-fledged Rogue who actually steals from other players (your own faction or otherwise). You can take it one step further and join the Pirate faction - become a Free Agent and work both sides for the highest profit.

Everything you just spoke of contradicts what about everyone else in the thread has said.

Myself, I never saw any 'steal' option available. Not that I would be averse to the idea... I was a town thief in good ole UO pre-trammel. As I said though, I saw NOTHING in the beta that led me to believe such a skillset would be even remotely possible... moving in stealth without being able to use any skill whatsoever ... I dont know what I would count it for - as unless stealth was used to set up for a nice 1 shot kill backstab... I would hardly call it a 'rogue' type skill.

Or maybe you will have the realization I had when I became a Sith Warlord... When I roll up on the set its game over! Im so badass I dont need to use stealth MUAAGAAHAHAHA!