PDA

View Full Version : Magic Guard Officer

Xerocul
03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
I've been leaning towards being an assassin or Politian first, but having a tanky mage seems more interesting to me. Has any1 seen this build played on the KR servers successfully?

Bakemono
03-24-2014, 07:20 PM
I've been leaning towards being an assassin or Politian first, but having a tanky mage seems more interesting to me. Has any1 seen this build played on the KR servers successfully?

What is a Magic Guard Officer (i.e the three builds you are leaning toward)?

Xerocul
03-24-2014, 10:30 PM
It's Sorcery, Necromancy, and Protection

Sekkusu
03-25-2014, 01:13 AM
It's Sorcery, Necromancy, and Protection

I'll just name a few characteristics of the build so you can be the judge yourself. Generally the build is good for grp fights and somewhat decent in 1v1 but it's very immobile and prone to heavy CCs. You have the choice of going Wand/Shield to make yourself more tanky against melees and archers. However the Wand's dmg is sub par compare to the staff, you won't be able to burst anyone down. The staff with this build will give u a very respectable dmg but render 70% of the Protection tree useless. You have to choose between the two since you can't have the best of both worlds like on paper.

The build excels in grp fights where you can lockdown enemies with your aoe CCs and the all too useful Force Field. Just remember that with no mobility, it'll be very hard to chase or escape from your enemies. Since there is a lot of ganking and zerging in the game, it can be very frustrating sometimes when you're a sitting dock.