if no reply
I WILL REPORT YOU
bots,afkers are messing up Q

Think of me as a good Pirate :D
back to Questin......

Nochi
09-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Wow bud no need for name calling

please do get a pair of reading glasses because if you actually read my post its states
"if you are auto running into wall, and you dont respond when i ask if you are a bot question"

lmao yes i know autorun, i use this feature whenever i ride,run...VERY USEFUL!

BUT

Its a difference tho when you are autorunning into wall to so you dont get "disconnected by the gods"

kids these days

Rivas
09-20-2014, 09:30 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2150eoz.jpg

Pretty cut and dried. System messaged stated their intent clearly that while we have queues, afk mount leveling is considered afking. According to reports from Ollo, people were getting kicked off the server for afk mount leveling.

Up to you to parse the statement, but seems to me that Trion has stated explicitly that afk mount leveling is something that can result in a kick from the server.

Not sure which way I lean on this, but at least they've made a statement about it.

Nochi
09-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Thats good +1

Jestunhi
09-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Who exactly do you think you are? You think that anybody is under any obligation to answer you? If some self important jack wagon such as yourself was to whisper me and ask if I was a bot, I would ignore you. I have no obligation or desire to respond to "random jw54" asking if I'm a bot. How about you stop trying to police the server and instead focus on your gameplay.

Tl;dr
You're a nobody, and you whispering someone to check and see if they're a bot has precisely zero bearing on whether or not they are actually botting. Nobody has to answer you.

Indeed they don't.

So don't reply. If yopu're really at your keyboard then if / when a GM investigates you can show that and it's no big deal.

Like the OP I report people who are autorunning into a wall or circle running their mounts so that if they are trying to evade the AFK system GMs can investigate.

Rivas
09-20-2014, 09:56 AM
My only concern was to inform f2p people that afk mount leveling can result in getting kicked to the queue, which can be lengthy at times. IE, is it worth getting 300xp every few minutes for your mount only to come back to a 2 hour queue?

Anyway, since it costs someone labor to report someone it's their choice whether they want to risk losing labor to do it. Since there's already a cost based incentive/disincentive to reporting (you will be rewarded with extra labor if you are deemed to have reported a bot properly) there's no reason to criticize anyone for their choice to report or not.

Not sure why you care if he reports or not. And if people are using external macros or scripts for their afk mount leveling, that is considered botting. Not everyone who afk levels their mount uses the numlock method, since the external macros/scripts using 3rd party programs can circumvent the afk kicking in the first place.

TLDR: Not all afk mount leveling uses the numlock method. Bots/3rd party programs may be involved, hence resulting in a bannable offense.

Jestunhi
09-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Please go look at the FAQ. And the forums. And all other information. Afk leveling mounts and beating the afk timers is not punishable like BOTTING. The difference is huge. The GM's specifically say that they are not allowing afk mount leveling WHILE THERE ARE QUEUES. Does this sounds anything like the verbiage describing the punishments for botting? You guys need to be informed before you start thudding away with bot reports. The GM'S are kicking afkers. You do realize these people can just log back in right? By what stretch of the imagination do you think that the GM'S need a report of BOTTING so that they can kick someone? You're creating more work for the GM'S and the CS system. A botter is a completely different freakin issue than someone afk leveling a mount.

Botting = ban. Afk leveling = kick. Yet this OP is asking people if they are a BOT and then reporting them just for using Numlock. Give me a fricken break. You guys are extremely confused on what equals a reportable issue and what does not. You are confused about what a bot actually is. And you clearly have no concept of how to gather enough information to make an informed decision. I guess ignorance must be bliss.

As soon as they provide a different ingame reporting method I'll use that instead. For now I work with what we have.

As for the punishment being different - so what? I'm not deciding the punishment, I'm simply flagging the character for a GM to investigate. It's their decision if and how to punish.

Nochi
09-20-2014, 10:12 AM
I think the guys who get mad at this post are the ones going AFK :P HAH spotted!

Jestunhi
09-20-2014, 10:29 AM
You admit that afking is something punishable.

What do you think would take more GM / CS time, randomly wandering the world looking for AFK people or having a nice list of people who have been reported to check?

:edit:

If they are AFK they won't be back in a few minutes - there's no one there to rejoin the game. They will have to wait until they return, at which point they will likely have to requeue.

Jestunhi
09-20-2014, 10:45 AM
At this time, the GM'S are kicking people for afk, yes. However, the OP is reporting afk people as bots. See the problem? Botting is bannable. Afk is temporarily kickable by GM. The OP is, by his own admission, accusing those using NUMLOCK of being bots. I mean come on man, this is a different violation.

And the GM'S have their own tools to detect afk and pet leveling. What I'm saying is that filling up the report system with accusations of botting, for the sake of reporting an afk, when GMs already have the tools to see it themselves, all that is nuts. A GM cannot simply look at a report and say that you're guilty and kick you, they have to go into their tools and check it themselves, WHICH THEY ARE ALREADY DOING. So filling the report system with accusations of botting, is slowing support for legitimate issues, while at the same time flagging players for the wrong type of violation.

When Trion ask people to stop reporting AFKers and people evading the AFK system then I hope people will stop.

This has not happened yet. You are assuming that they don't want it to be done based on no statements whatsoever.

Like I said, when they provide an alternative ingame reporting function people can use it. But this is all they have.

@Scrapes - feel like chipping in? Should people be reporting AFKers or just ignoring them and hoping that a GM spots them?

Rivas
09-20-2014, 10:51 AM
And you never responded to the fact that people use 3rd party programs to afk mount level without getting the 45min kick. Which is a bannable offense. /shrug

Jestunhi
09-20-2014, 11:01 AM
You greatly overestimate your own importance.

Says the person trying to tell others what to do (or in this case what not to do).

Most amusing.

I will continue to report people until Trion says I shouldn't be or provides another ingame tool for doing so. Your complaints that people are being reported are not going to change that.

Rivas
09-20-2014, 11:18 AM
If I see you auto running into wall

No where in the original post did he specifically state that they were using the numlock method. There are multiple methods, including such fun methods as this (http://i.imgur.com/ipMo3E0.jpg). Hey, they didn't use numlock wtf. Not everyone uses the numlock method.

/shrug

Jestunhi
09-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Your example is so far away from this situation that it's laughable. Trion has said that people should not be AFKing. Trion make the rules, Trion police the rules and Trion run the game. Your example is reporting to a 3rd party about laws which the people running the store have no say in. It's apples and oranges.

I'm sorry if you are upset that AFKers are being reported. But they are. And they will continue to be. There's nothing that you can do to stop it, whining that people are being reported is in no way going to help. All you're doing is bumping this thread up so that more people annoyed with waiting in queues get to read it and consider reporting AFKers themselves to free up slots for people who want to actually play the game.

You tell people what to do and call others self important. You say that no one has asked people to report AFKers yet feel you are entitled to tell people what they are allowed to report people for - who asked you to do this exactly?

Jestunhi
09-20-2014, 11:30 AM
No man, you're totally right. Lets just report EVERYONE, I mean who knows? They just might not be using numlock. That guy there is killing a monster, he didn't answer my whisper so clearly he's a bot. Aint nobody allowed to ignore my whipsers, else I be reporting them for botting. I mean that's what it's all about right? Ultimately I'm just mad that some people are afk, but since I can't get each person to talk to my annoying ♥♥♥, imma report them as botters. Its clearly the rational and reasonable thing to do. We should guild up and police the land, who knows how many players Trion isn't physically eye balling for suspicious numlocking! We're their only hope! Hurry!

Ad hominem. A great way to strengthen your argument!

:edit:

Actually, I think I mean Reductio ad absurdum. My latin's not great...

Ocho
09-20-2014, 11:34 AM
You're an ignorant fool. Numlock autorun is DESIGNED INTO THE GAME. If they don't want people to use it, they would need to remove it. Threatening people with reports doesn't help anyone, in fact you make yourself out to be a target for peoples dislike because you're threatening fellow players with disciplinary action when they aren't breaking the rules.

It would actually be time well spent if all who read this, report YOU for filing false reports and potentially harming innocent players. What you're doing is actually abusing the reporting system, punishable up to and including a permanent ban. You'll be feeling the bite of your ignorance soon enough, I have zero tolerance for people filing false reports, and neither does my guild. Reported. /thread.

Autorun is fine, trying to use autorun to avoid AFK detection is not.

Jestunhi
09-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Lol man your replies get less and less convincing. If you want to report players as afk, then report them as afk. Oh wait, what's that? You can't report them as afk? The only category is botting? I wonder if this is a sign that maybe afk isnt reportable....hmmmmmmmm.....tough call to make.....

Thanks for keeping it bumped. As many people as possible should read this thread!

Jestunhi
09-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Autorun is fine, trying to use autorun to avoid AFK detection is not.

Ocho - should we be reporting them for doing so or should we leave them to avoid the anti-AFK system and hope that GM's notice them?

Ocho
09-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Ocho - should we be reporting them for doing so or should we leave them to avoid the anti-AFK system and hope that GM's notice them?

Reporting never hurts.

Jestunhi
09-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Anyway I think I've spent enough time here trying to get you people to understand basic concepts of gm-ing and reporting. Tl; dr if you want to report people as afk, wait until you have a way to report or designate them as afk. Reporting people as bots for just using numlock is throwing the baby out with the bath water. We've all seen people get banned for the wrong reasons, if you're gonna report someone, how about you do them the courtesy of getting it right or not at all. Don't shoehorn in a report in a much more serious category just so they can kicked off the server a while, leave the bot reports for the bots so they can get their perma ban. Yall are being the afk police, and while it is highly amusing to watch you try to justify how a numlocker deserves a bot report, you're just coming off as being try hard wannabe GM's.

Nice timing, now that a Trion community manager has responded with this:

Reporting never hurts.

;)

Rivas
09-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Reporting never hurts.

And Ocho has spoken. :)

Stonelotus
09-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Reporting never hurts.

unless you don't get your labor back, amirite?

Britannicus
09-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Why do you get "invalid target" when reporting? I saw someone standing AFK in the bushes for awhile so I tried to report, but couldn't.

Ocho
09-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Why do you get "invalid target" when reporting? I saw someone standing AFK in the bushes for awhile so I tried to report, but couldn't.

Right now you need to use the report function on the support site for it to go through.

Ocho
09-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Ocho please don't troll us with this kind of answer!!! You definitively know that a large bunch of players lacks of Patron status and do not have enough LP to report Bots.

So instead of spending LP to report bots most will use it for crafting and all your reporting system will fail.

Reporting through the website does not require labor.

Secrets
09-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Reporting through the website does not require labor.

That's really an inexcusable response. There should be a button ingame to open a reporting interface (similar to crime point reporting) to report a player and automatically open a ticket with Trion. No one in their right mind is going to open a support ticket by themselves for 50 bots.

Cyanure
09-20-2014, 01:49 PM
you don't understand it yet ? trion don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the game they just came back recovering from the drinking week they had burning all founders money on alcool and girls.

Piko Island
09-20-2014, 04:35 PM
You're an ignorant fool. Numlock autorun is DESIGNED INTO THE GAME. If they don't want people to use it, they would need to remove it. Threatening people with reports doesn't help anyone, in fact you make yourself out to be a target for peoples dislike because you're threatening fellow players with disciplinary action when they aren't breaking the rules.

It would actually be time well spent if all who read this, report YOU for filing false reports and potentially harming innocent players. What you're doing is actually abusing the reporting system, punishable up to and including a permanent ban. You'll be feeling the bite of your ignorance soon enough, I have zero tolerance for people filing false reports, and neither does my guild. Reported. /thread.

This guy just gave himself away as being someone or knowing people that exploit the AFK system.

Tet
09-20-2014, 06:30 PM
This guy just gave himself away as being someone or knowing people that exploit the AFK system.It's hard to blame anyone who does when you regen more labour online and have to wait in a queue if you log off.

Nochi
09-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Autorun is fine, trying to use autorun to avoid AFK detection is not.Right now you need to use the report function on the support site for it to go through. Reporting through the website does not require labor.

Glad you cleared this up! Ocho :D

Gentatsu
09-20-2014, 07:36 PM
I have to say, If I spend 6 hours in que and finally get in game and am able to play 2 hours, 4 hours or how ever many.. If i end up having to use the restroom and some azhat reports me for afk because i didnt respond within the 5 minutes i was on the craper droping a resume and i get booted for AFKing. I will be severly and extremly pissed off. because popular to common belief no one can avoid using the restroom eventually. So if yer going to report someone for AFKing, you should damn well make sure they are actually afking and didnt have to just spend 5 minutes on the throne.

yeah, i know its a disgusting way to put it but it has happened.

juniormix
09-20-2014, 08:48 PM
There are 11 bots right now on Kyrios near Jaun's ranch in Mahadevi. Something must be done, I have been in the line trying to get in for 3h.

slgbreakaway
09-21-2014, 08:37 AM

It would actually be time well spent if all who read this, report YOU for filing false reports and potentially harming innocent players. What you're doing is actually abusing the reporting system, punishable up to and including a permanent ban. You'll be feeling the bite of your ignorance soon enough, I have zero tolerance for people filing false reports, and neither does my guild. Reported. /thread.Built into the game? Jus because its there doesnt mean you abuse it, your just backing it because you do it. They shouldnt need to remove someting that was made for making playing easier, its ♥♥♥♥ heads like you that the report option was made. So what do you say, just because there are bots, we should remove mining? What if theres a glitch where people can level up to 50 in one day, is it ok if it stays? Its a part of the game. No i bet your the type to ♥♥♥♥♥ about it if you cant do it, but if you can its all ok. Que like the rest loser.

slgbreakaway
09-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Exactly. I can understand people being mad about the queues, but reporting people for being afk is just absurd.It would be fine if they were afk, and going by the timer. But they are afking ALL day, and with the LP system, its stupid. Also, theres a reason that afk kicking is made, so people can actualy get in, with how many bots, and afk running i see at mirrage isle, and other places. ALOT of people would be in the game. Its just annoying that people abuse the game. If you dont like the que, que early simple.

Psihawk
09-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Of course they should be reported and kicked. And of course, those who are guilty of doing the crime will cry about it. Let them cry. As long as they aren't hogging bandwidth in the game while crying.

Don't forget to report the mount AFKers on Mirage and anywhere you see them.

If these people wanted to play the game then they wouldn't be afk.

Eldrich
09-21-2014, 06:39 PM
You know that you can afk in character log right ?