PDA

View Full Version : Excellent idea to fix Kyprosa queue

Teartaster
09-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Upon connection have a popup asking whether you want to be part of the German speaking server or the English speaking server. One of these groups should then be transferred to a fresh server along with all their farms houses etc. Population cut instantly and tension over language in the public chat hugely alleviated. 2 birds, 1 stone.

I'm available for employment, Trion.

Teartaster
09-20-2014, 11:28 AM
I have a second idea too.

Random full server kicks. Make an in game announcement that the server will be reset in 10 minutes. Everyone who tries to login after the mass kick within the grace period gets in, everyone who was afk macroing won't notice freeing up a ton of space for those in the queue. Sure this will annoy some people but I think while things are as they are this would be a good idea.

S A L O M O N
09-20-2014, 11:49 AM
i play on kyprosa and have 0 problem with germans. we are in EU and ppl speak whatever they want to. ofc when germans speak only german they are limiting themselves.

Teartaster
09-20-2014, 11:57 AM
...ofc when germans speak only german they are limiting themselves.

Exactly, if we aren't communicating and playing together we may as well be on different servers. Everybody wins from this solution, shorter queues and people playing with people they can communicate with. The only potential issue is whether farms and houses can be transferred along with characters to a fresh server. If so Kyprosa should be split up and the most sensible line to divide the server is along the language barrier.

bummeline
09-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Also ich verstehe hier kein wort was ist das überhaupt für eine Sprache die ihr hier Sprecht ?

Kjeldsen
09-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Stop being language racists and accept everyone playing on the server. Nobody tells you to read everything in faction chat.
Let there be room for everyone.

chris
09-21-2014, 05:49 AM
I have a better idea: Ban all racicists from game.

WNxRip
09-21-2014, 06:00 AM
I don't understand the hatred towards the germans in faction chat. Hydra <3's you German buddies, got a few members from there as well, they usually translate any hate mail from Germans towards Hydra for me ;)

Scapes
09-21-2014, 06:04 AM
Upon connection have a popup asking whether you want to be part of the German speaking server or the English speaking server.

None of our servers will be language-exclusive. They're not even region-exclusive. "Splitting" a server by mirroring it and dividing its players is a rather extreme solution and not one we're exploring right now.

Tomodachi
09-21-2014, 06:07 AM
I have a better idea, compensate people their gilda stars back for buying property, houses, farms etc and give them free transfer to new server where they can set up their houses right off the bat again. Of course the character transfer is free. 3200 other patrons in front of me in queue to Kyprosa. Last time I was online was the last day of headstart, so I kinda feel I didn't get what I paid for. Buuut I'm patient. For now.

WNxRip
09-21-2014, 06:47 AM
None of our servers will be language-exclusive. They're not even region-exclusive. "Splitting" a server by mirroring it and dividing its players is a rather extreme solution and not one we're exploring right now.

@Scapes
Can you actually reduce the afk kick timer from 45 minutes to 20 minutes so we can actually play the game we paid for Scapes? Or atleast forward that advice to someone who has the power to do so.

I love Archeage but this 6-8 hour queue everyday is ridiculous, I have to set my alarm for 5am (When I usually get up to go to work) on my days off so I can actually play the game.

K thx bye <3

Lightning
09-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Or, do what I do... block them all germans. Often I see people now complaining about german when I didn't read a single sentence of it. Glorious. (Also, that also tells me it's the same sad people doing it 24/7 on a public channel)

arknor
09-21-2014, 09:30 AM

tell trion to stop being cheap and upgrade the servers maybe?

Have you ever heard of a game called eve-online? trion could learn a lot from them about upgrading server capacity

Lucamage
09-21-2014, 10:53 AM
i have a better idea, roll a new character on Aier, Orchidna ,Melisara or on one of the new servers that will be implemented on tuesday, its easy

Dreadlord
09-21-2014, 11:44 AM

Well with the amount of queues now you should really start exploring somehing really fast. Like right now!!!
The amount of que are just redicilous.

Dreadlord
09-21-2014, 11:45 AM
tell trion to stop being cheap and upgrade the servers maybe?

Have you ever heard of a game called eve-online? trion could learn a lot from them about upgrading server capacity

At this point they could probably learn from any other MMO company. Even failcom.