PDA

View Full Version : Holding right mouse button down to look around

apterous
09-21-2014, 09:57 AM
why do i have to play holding right mouse down all the time? why can't i look around normally? i can't really play this game the way i want to. i could bind some actually useful skill to right mouse but then i wouldn't be able to look around. fix this ♥♥♥♥.

and those who say "this is a norm among mmos" it is not. teso is not a mmo, darkfall is not a mmo, and so on..

Genzo
09-21-2014, 09:58 AM
What?Probably your settings.I look around with left mouse and turn with right lol.

apterous
09-21-2014, 09:59 AM
i want to turn the camera just moving the mouse. i hope this clears things up.

ArcheRage
09-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Right mouse controls character direction
Left mouse controls view direction

You're doing it wrong

Efaicia
09-21-2014, 10:00 AM
OP wants to play this game FPS style.

MagicWeaver
why do i have to play holding right mouse down all the time? why can't i look around normally? i can't really play this game the way i want to. i could bind some actually useful skill to right mouse but then i wouldn't be able to look around. fix this ♥♥♥♥.

and those who say "this is a norm among mmos" it is not. teso is not a mmo, darkfall is not a mmo, and so on..

Every MMO I have played uses the mouse button to change the camera angle unless you change it. You can change the keybinds as you wish. Since I have been waiting forever to get in the game (currently 9.5 hours today) I can't confirm what your options are, but I feel pretty sure that since you can change key binds you should be able to change mouse binds and use a key or whatever you want for moving the camera.

I personally don't know what would be better than the mouse, but that is my personal opinion and play style.

apterous
ok i guess i wrote it wrong, i dont want to hold any mouse buttons downm i want scren to move when i move mouse, got it?

Electric
09-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Go back to cod.

Efaicia
Have any of you played Tera? I think OP wants mouse to function the same way. OP wants basic first person shooter style. I don't think this game has those functions. It is a completely different gameplay/combat style.

apterous
OP wants to play this game FPS style.

yesh, this dude got it.

apterous
09-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Go back to cod.

i never played cod and never will

apterous
09-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Have any of you played Tera? I think OP wants mouse to function the same way. OP wants basic first person shooter style. I don't think this game has those functions. It is a completely different gameplay/combat style.

yes, tera did it too, plenty of games out there that did it.

blueferral
09-21-2014, 10:03 AM
I think he wants perm mouse look mode. A super good reason for nerd rage IMO. Please, complain about queues and new server next please.

MagicWeaver
09-21-2014, 10:04 AM

I often get mine in a kink and it rotates with just mouse movement. Not sure what the button press is I am doing (tapping right mouse or something) but there is a way to do that. I would suggest you experiment and find it. I don't like it so when it happens I tap the buttons until my cursor comes back. I know it is a button or combination of buttons with the mouse cause it happens to me when I am moving and I control my character with the mouse nearly 100% of the time only using WASD when I need to use my mouse to open a window or similar.

GR0MIT
I might be able to help you, i had a similar problem with Guild Wars 2 and i use a macro that reasigns mouse buttons and when toggled it locks the look camera.

It's called Immersive Combat Mode http://wesslen.org/ICM/ you will also need autohotkey downloaded for it to work, this is not a bot and does not do things for you such as farming etc, all it does is reassign the mouse buttons and lock the camaera when activated and unlock when deactivated, deactivation can occur when you simply toggle it with TAB (which can be reassigned) or when you pess any of the shortcut keys for social, inventory etc etc.

When you've downloaded it go into the folder and locate GW2CM.ahk - right click and select edit - seach for #IfWinActive Guild Wars 2 this is the active window it works with, delete this and it will work in all games like this, making the game play like TERA or Neverwinter. all you have to do is sort your keys out.

Hope this helps mate.

Any questions please post back and i'll try and help. I'll bookmarj this thread and check every day.

EDIT be sure to check the readme.txt and be patient with it, reassigning keys to get it feeling just right does take a bit of work but when you've got it right it feels just like TERA and Neverwinter.

Zyaph
He wants to play like an action-style MMO. Tera, Neverwinter, ect.
I personally don't think action-style would fit this game.

apterous
09-21-2014, 10:05 AM
I often get mine in a kink and it rotates with just mouse movement. Not sure what the button press is I am doing (tapping right mouse or something) but there is a way to do that. I would suggest you experiment and find it. I don't like it so when it happens I tap the buttons until my cursor comes back. I know it is a button or combination of buttons with the mouse cause it happens to me when I am moving and I control my character with the mouse nearly 100% of the time only using WASD when I need to use my mouse to open a window or similar.
please post here if you figure how it happens

GR0MIT
09-21-2014, 10:11 AM

This is an unreliable glitch, you'be better off with the Immersive Combat Mode made for guild wars 2 and deleting one line in the script to get it working with ALL mmo's that don't have indipendant camera lock, which quite frankly is dumb not to have have in as an option, those complaining GO BACK TO COD, don't be so narrow minded and petty, just help the guy enjoy the game.

apterous
09-21-2014, 10:13 AM
thanks gromit, i'll try it out

GR0MIT
09-21-2014, 10:16 AM
thanks gromit, i'll try it out

You're welcome mate, be patient with as the controls do need alot of work, try to unbind EVERY button in game and then rebuild it from scratch as one or two bottuns are double bound and can cause some amusing problems.

EDIT: also search for TAB in the GW2CM.ahk and change TAB to ` there wil be two entries for it, this activates/deactivates the script, obviously if it remains bound to TAB it will deactivate when youy target something or just not work.

Proje
09-21-2014, 10:20 AM
My controller is set up this way, go away with your crazy.

Socratic
09-21-2014, 10:22 AM
I always hold right mouse button in, give so much more accurate mobility using WASD and rightclick/mouse movement. There is a way to do what you are talking about, I sometimes accidentally switch into it but I don't know how it happens.

I think what I get is a bug, if you think about it, if you had this, pan your character left or right with just mouse movement, then you have no cursor. I don't see a toggle for cursor.

foufoufun
09-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Why would you want it this way? ArcheAge is a tab targeting mmorpg just like GW2. In Tera, ESO, Neverwinter, Darkfall... , the camera view is in free look because those are actual FPS without any targeting. (Wildstar is a weird exception) If the camera view would be in free look in AA, you wouldn't even be able to select the targets. You could always cycle through the targets with the tab key but it would be pretty annoying with more than 3-4 targets in front of you.

apterous
09-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Why would you want it this way? ArcheAge is a tab targeting mmorpg just like GW2. In Tera, ESO, Neverwinter, Darkfall... , the camera view is in free look because those are actual FPS without any targeting. (Wildstar is a weird exception) If the camera view would be in free look in AA, you wouldn't even be able to select the targets. You could always cycle through the targets with the tab key but it would be pretty annoying with more than 3-4 targets in front of you.
yes i can target with TAB, i dont need mouse for it. i want the mouse for other stuff.
after you've played games with free look for years, this system right here feels hard and pointless.

ToBbErT
09-21-2014, 10:52 AM
A mouselock doesnt change anything about the game. I dont understand the negativity. A simple mechanic that can help someone tremendously whats wrong with that?

Zelithion
09-25-2014, 07:04 PM
I find it idiotic that this game doesn't have free-look without holding a key down. Most MMOs I've played at least gave players the option to have one or the other. Why force everyone to use one or the other? Seems like the devs were lazy, honestly. Something like that could have been implemented so easily.

Kiyoko
09-25-2014, 07:15 PM

Only Action-MMORPG's have FPS-like mechanics. All other games use the right-click to move the camera (eg Aion, FFXIV)

SpliF
09-25-2014, 07:30 PM
get xmousebuttoncontrol, add archeage.exe in the application profil and select sticky right button for your right clic

Shar
09-25-2014, 07:41 PM
http://assets.razerzone.com/eeimages/products/17832/razer-orbweaver-gallery-06.png

I use an orbweaver.
the key under my thumb is to "lock right mouse button"
its basically a "mousedown, mouseup" command without the "mouseup" part of it.

when i need to access inventory, i unlock the right mouse and i get my cursor back.

but in pvp / pve my right mouse is always locked.
targeting is simple... anything thats directly in your crosshair gets targeted when you click tab.

use that DPAD for moving, and a key on your mouse to jump. (i use g600)

youre basically now playing quake on Archeage. i did this with AIon too ..
your mobility goes through the roof...

Puppy
09-25-2014, 07:47 PM
Right mouse controls character direction
Left mouse controls view direction

You're doing it wrong

Right mouse does it faster and cleaner for some reason though.

ITPalg
09-25-2014, 07:59 PM

With this reasoning, EverQuest and EverQuest II are not MMOGs.

Khosrau
09-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Double right click. It's magic.

Calistin
09-25-2014, 08:20 PM
What's with all the hate, like the OP I hate having to hold down the bloody mouse button when riding around, a mouse look control is frigging easy to set up I mean even DDO a game from 2006 offers it, it should be a standard option.

Not everyone wants to work on their carpal tunnel!

Reapher
09-25-2014, 08:37 PM
yesh, this dude got it.
well you do know that this is a mmo? right :P and more of a classic style one, not a FPS :P

and what about ESO isnt a mmo if i might ask?

and on another note, my mouse get stuck sometimes and actually let me do what you want hehe. but again whenever i right click it gets back to normal.

methodz
09-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Double right click. It's magic.

That doesn't work

klaern
09-26-2014, 08:48 AM
ok i guess i wrote it wrong, i dont want to hold any mouse buttons downm i want scren to move when i move mouse, got it?
You want to use only the keyboard to move around, and use the mouse only to control the camera?

NiburuSUN
09-27-2014, 09:00 AM
during combat i dont have to press the right mouse button constantly which is just a better feel.

An example using the skill shadow step. I look in the direction of my enemy and shadow step towards him, now i want to turn the mouse while executing commands and i have to hold down the right mouse button. I could use that finger to scroll the mouse wheel instead to use potions. I want to turn to shadow step towarss my allies.

I just want to look around while traveling without perma hodling down the mouse button, if anyone of you doesnt understand its his problem.

Nerisu
10-03-2014, 06:10 AM
Okay, I downloaded this ICM thingy from the link given by GR0MIT but there was no "GW2CM.ahk" file. Am I missing something?

:UPDATE: Nevermind, I got it from somewhere else and it works really great! Thank you very much~

Larseniche
10-03-2014, 06:11 AM
well that makes literally no sense l0l! gl with getting that fixed mane

apterous
10-30-2014, 04:50 PM
well you do know that this is a mmo? right :P and more of a classic style one, not a FPS :P

and what about ESO isnt a mmo if i might ask?

and on another note, my mouse get stuck sometimes and actually let me do what you want hehe. but again whenever i right click it gets back to normal.

heard of sarcasm?

Kaosfury
10-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Go back to cod.

Yea he wants fps stlye

Back to cod

BJUmholtz
10-30-2014, 05:35 PM
What you want would only work in a game like Neverwinter where there aren't NEARLY the amount of relevant actions to do. This is a different type of game. Sorry dude.

apterous
10-30-2014, 06:43 PM
What you want would only work in a game like Neverwinter where there aren't NEARLY the amount of relevant actions to do. This is a different type of game. Sorry dude.

how is that relevant at all?

Glove
05-24-2016, 11:34 PM
I have actually developed trigger finger from holding down the right mouse button all the time. It has damaged the carpal tunnel in my middle finger right hand. Flipping the bird is now hard work. I will try one of the above methods not to cheat or play fps mode but to save me pain.

arby
05-25-2016, 12:01 AM
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=108864&d=1396242100

Aeducan76
05-25-2016, 12:03 AM
I might be able to help you, i had a similar problem with Guild Wars 2 and i use a macro that reasigns mouse buttons and when toggled it locks the look camera.

It's called Immersive Combat Mode http://wesslen.org/ICM/ you will also need autohotkey downloaded for it to work, this is not a bot and does not do things for you such as farming etc, all it does is reassign the mouse buttons and lock the camaera when activated and unlock when deactivated, deactivation can occur when you simply toggle it with TAB (which can be reassigned) or when you pess any of the shortcut keys for social, inventory etc etc.

When you've downloaded it go into the folder and locate GW2CM.ahk - right click and select edit - seach for #IfWinActive Guild Wars 2 this is the active window it works with, delete this and it will work in all games like this, making the game play like TERA or Neverwinter. all you have to do is sort your keys out.

Hope this helps mate.

Any questions please post back and i'll try and help. I'll bookmarj this thread and check every day.

EDIT be sure to check the readme.txt and be patient with it, reassigning keys to get it feeling just right does take a bit of work but when you've got it right it feels just like TERA and Neverwinter.

WTF? Nice! Not that i am a big fan of that mode (playing BDO very casual and have know the usual suspects like Tera etc..).

I might actually be able to play AA with my SteamController. ;)

I mean PvP wise you´ll probably be busted and slow as hell (i am anyways ^^), but sure will be fun and frustrating at the same time ^^

And that´s for the necro - finally to do something again in AA. Have to try that.

Glove
05-25-2016, 12:16 AM
Irrelevent, roaming, made me lol as the controlls for AA have not changed. And say that after playing AA and holding down the right mouse button for 5 years. X mouse mouse works nicely, one click to sticky one to go back to cursor. People who do not want carpal tunnel syndrome should try it.

Aeducan76
05-25-2016, 12:36 AM
Irrelevent, roaming, made me lol as the controlls for AA have not changed. And say that after playing AA and holding down the right mouse button for 5 years. X mouse mouse works nicely, one click to sticky one to go back to cursor. People who do not want carpal tunnel syndrome should try it.

Imho what helps also is the FOV mod which is considered ok by Trion ( Trions Stance on what goes and what not (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?208840-Exploits-and-you-A-community-guide-to-what-goes-and-what-doesn%92t-UPDATED-3-8-16) ).
Not just for tactical reasons but you have to adjust the cam less (at least outside PvP).

But it doesn´t provide the FPS based combat-camera style. I´d sure be curios if any of the top PvP players would/could play in such a way.

If you have general health problem the using an ergonomic mouse like this one ( Ergo Mouse (http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Ergonomic-Optical-Vertical-Buttons/dp/B00FPAVUHC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1464161561&sr=8-3&keywords=anker+mouse) )is sure not a wrong way.
This model truly sucks for gaming and even a 100$ version from other manufacturers suck for gaming. At least i never got used to it. Tried to play Counter-Strike with a high quality ergo mouse for a week, wasnt really a good thing (for me).

I use the above at work actually, so my wrist is relaxed for later gameplay ;)

Zirconi
05-25-2016, 08:12 AM
Not sure if this helps, but if you hold left mouse button and right mouse button down at the same time, you can move like a pro ;3

Mudbone827
05-25-2016, 08:20 AM

Left mouse button to just look around.