PDA

View Full Version : Please keep up the Server Restarts!

Shibu
09-21-2014, 10:10 AM
hello,

Yesterday was pretty cool with the server restarts (dont care about the reason). all afk hanging idiots got kicked and i came instantly into the game! seems like its a fair way to all players. the afk auto kicking system just dont work, so pls keep restarting the server, so other players get a chance to enjoy this awesome game!

Shibu, LmiR!

Szponek
09-21-2014, 10:19 AM
yeah good idea :) like every 3 hours :)

Shibu
09-21-2014, 10:30 AM
its the easiest way to keep players on this low servers. ;)

Scapes
09-21-2014, 10:31 AM
hello,

Yesterday was pretty cool with the server restarts (dont care about the reason). all afk hanging idiots got kicked and i came instantly into the game! seems like its a fair way to all players. the afk auto kicking system just dont work, so pls keep restarting the server, so other players get a chance to enjoy this awesome game!

Shibu, LmiR!

We'll be doing daily server restarts for both NA and EU beginning tonight. Announcement thread being written.

xqz
09-21-2014, 10:33 AM
We'll be doing daily server restarts for both NA and EU beginning tonight. Announcement thread being written.

Only once? at nights? what about daytime? :D

Buckwald
09-21-2014, 10:34 AM

Thanks Scapes! I must admit, my opinion of you and your community team is rapidly changing. You're now posting multiple updates every single hour, and responding to threads even as small as this one. This level of publisher-community engagement is pretty unprecedented, so I have to raise my hat to you guys.

Dragonskull
09-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Please do it at random times, so that the AFK players can't "plan" their relog for one specific time ;-)

Reav
09-21-2014, 10:41 AM

Awesome job dude, I have noticed you guys are communicating alot more now too keep it up!

Shibu
09-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Please do it at random times, so that the AFK players can't "plan" their relog for one specific time ;-)

thank you for your response Scapes, but Dragonskull is right! just do randomly server restarts, its just needed in this beginning of the game, because "normal" people, with "normal" work times, don't even have a chance to play.

thanks for your efford!

Tokidoki
09-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Hello Scapes,

Is there any plan to make it impossible to stay connected in char select?
Right now everyone and their mom just put themselves in char select for 6-12 hours a day so they wont have to queue.
Also I see people everywhere running into walls or doing other repetitive things to stay online, very obvious if you just look around.

I agree too that more server restarts are needed since thousands of players are just logged in but not there.

Schirmchen
09-21-2014, 11:08 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/o6ilvq.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2mey7tw.jpg

Here is a perfect example from Orchidna. They are macroing every min with a jump or some rubbish signs in the chat to keep their char online. So randomly server restarts would help a lot.

Schirmchen, LmiR

Shibu
09-21-2014, 11:36 AM
pls restart the server now! i wanna play a little bit before i have to sleep, till 5:30 ;(

dragosmaftei
09-21-2014, 11:59 AM

u said that u will restart the server tonight and in announcement u said the 23rd

Dragonskull
09-21-2014, 12:02 PM
@ Schirmchen
Posting these Pics here in the forums breaks the forum rules, as you may read yourself here:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?7116-Official-ArcheAge-Forum-Rules

1. Do not attack others. A few examples of typical attacks that are not allowed are:

Insults (against individuals, groups, companies, or countries)
[...]
Naming/Accusing/Calling out: Do not name specific individuals and accuse them of wrongdoing.Also do not call out specific individuals (including members of the Development Team).
[...]

Pictures like that are only to be sent to the support team, to let them handle the issues.

xReorks
09-21-2014, 12:02 PM
yea, that either be a typo or no restart planned between 21th and 22th?

Shibu
09-21-2014, 12:21 PM
@Dragonskull

These Pics shows Gold- Seller Bots, just as an example. Unfortunally the Chat-Window don't show up their Spamming.
You are right with your point. But i hope Trion will make a difference between Gold-Seller-Bots and other real Players.

Schirmchen posted these Pictures just for an Example for this thread.

We still need server restarts!!!!!!!

Dragonskull
09-21-2014, 12:39 PM
@Dragonskull

These Pics shows Gold- Seller Bots, just as an example. Unfortunally the Chat-Window don't show up their Spamming.
You are right with your point. But i hope Trion will make a difference between Gold-Seller-Bots and other real Players.

Schirmchen posted these Pictures just for an Example for this thread.

We still need server restarts!!!!!!!

It's still a break of forum rules, either way round ;-)

And no, if I got this right, it's a pic of AFKing (alts?) that avoid the idle kick by random jumps & moves every now and then. To collect labor points (as these are bound to account, not only char) - and not of Gold-Seller-Bots.

dragosmaftei
09-21-2014, 12:41 PM
every time I refresh this page I expect a respons from scapes or of some1 else with the same question or a possible response but I don't expect some1 that makes off topic posts. if u have smth to say just pm between u guys ok ?

WNxRip
09-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Grr, you did it whilst I was at dinner, curse my life.

I really don't think a daily restart is going to anything at all, all that will happen is they relog in and just abuse to avoid being afk kicked. Bring in 15 minute afk kick timers and then you might actually start getting somewhere ^^

IronDreamer
09-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Kyprosa wasnt restarted. You just DCed.

WNxRip
09-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Kyprosa wasnt restarted. You just DCed.

Well damn, I knew I shouldn't have volunteered to wash up the dishes :P

Dragonskull
09-21-2014, 01:32 PM
u said that u will restart the server tonight and in announcement u said the 23rd

every time I refresh this page I expect a respons from scapes or of some1 else with the same question or a possible response but I don't expect some1 that makes off topic posts. if u have smth to say just pm between u guys ok ?

Sry dragos, just seeing it...:

As you may see in the announcement, he said the servers will be restarted on monday(!) the 23rd. But as monday (tomorrow) is the 22nd, you can assume it to be a typing error, meaning monday the 22nd instead of 23rd.

So tomorrow morning 5AM GMT will be flushing restart.

IronDreamer
09-21-2014, 01:55 PM
And TBH, a 05:00 is kinda useless for EU since there is none or minimal queues at that time (actually none). Best thing to do is do random restarts, one during the day and one around peak/prime time.

Dragonskull
09-21-2014, 02:01 PM
That's what I have suggested in the announcement thread... making it 5PM instead of 5AM would make ALOT more sense... And most sense would be random with short time InGame announcement for every non afk player to prepare... I hope I'll get some official feedback on that suggestion...

Shibu
09-21-2014, 03:34 PM
yeah, i hope Scapes will response to this thread again, just because its the easiest way to keep the que at a "normal" level! just restart the server every 2-3 hours with an announcment, so the active players are able to log in again and the afk bots will be sorted out!

in best regards, Shibu, LmiR

dragosmaftei
09-21-2014, 11:12 PM
or make 2 server restarts 5:00 AM and again at 5:00 PM or just 1 but make it at 5:00 PM cu the one u are making already does not help at all cus it's in the morning.

Fenrisar
09-22-2014, 01:40 AM
give 10 LP regen while offline(not only online) for patron status and it will remove some players from game in "afk" = low queues on this amount of players. They willn't leave character online to receive this bonus.

Ashreon
09-22-2014, 07:11 AM
give 10 LP regen while offline(not only online) for patron status and it will remove some players from game in "afk" = low queues on this amount of players. They willn't leave character online to receive this bonus.

Agreed. Restarts wont help you and kicking people at character select no. Just no. The reason as to so many people idling in the game is because we are -forced- to idle in order to do something else then kill for hours on end because you decided to craft 1 - and only 1 full set off tier 1 - tier 2 armor.
If they changed it so a Patron earned 10 LP online AND offline - idling issues would disappear.

LIKEWISE. Think a bit guys. That queue is several hours long and does NOT give a specific nor a just slightly accurate ETA. What you are asking people to do while sitting in hour long queues is to sit and ♥♥♥♥ing stare at the queue for hours instead of doing REAL LIFE STUFF while queuing because afk can and will lead to you having to requeue because you went off to do meaningful stuff.. Would you like that - hell no you wouldn't like that.

Trax
09-22-2014, 10:44 AM
I just feel as though EU is on the backseat.

Why are there no restrictions yet on the EU servers, NA has had them for a while yet and Scapes you said your self its the most populated server you have.

I might be missing something but it seems strange