PDA

View Full Version : We have 850 patron queues now, wow!

Archaegeo
09-21-2014, 01:34 PM
You can tell its sunday night.

Fergu
09-21-2014, 01:42 PM
I didn't see a queue over 14 during the week, but today it got ridiculous, I've been trying to log in for over an hour

Naotsugu
09-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Same here, 950 in queue for patron. Gorgeous.

Layke
09-21-2014, 02:00 PM
If these are true Patron's (and not a bug) this is good news for our server, as bad as it may seem. I was getting worried when all the F2P players left our server would die. :(

xqz
09-21-2014, 02:01 PM
wait 1 hour or so, queues will be less than 10-15 mins

Paranos
09-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Not this time, I'm afraid. More and more people have been moving away from their overcrowded servers, Trion has locked character creation on 6 of their 11 servers ... so this means Inoch will start to feel a *little* pressure. We've had it too good for too long. :)

lansirill
09-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Yeah. Looks like this server is shot to hell too. I'd try rolling a new toon on another server but, really, that'd be my third time and I'd rather just quit. Really starting to feel like an idiot for buying a founder edition.

Raf
09-21-2014, 02:45 PM
We packed up and moved to this server when it came open. Left everything behind on Kyrios.

Not going to do it again. The only packing up I may do if the queues continue is to quit subbing and go play something else. 3 servers opened up in the last 2 days...why the hell are we queued?

Sarat00ga
09-21-2014, 02:45 PM
sad :( we left Kyrrios for this reason... will not move again unless Trion literally moves my character, house (supplies to rebuild it too), all supplies etc along with my guildies for free to the new server.....

Long queues is going to kill this game for a lot of people which would be a shame since it is a lot of fun otherwise.

Paranos
09-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Yeah, looks like it took me an hour to connect. Maybe I'll switch my sleeping habits and start playing all night when nobody is online. ;)

SilentSagas
09-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Well, we also have to remember that since we are close to one week since launch, a lot of f2p players have probably saved enough gold to buy Apex and get patron status.

This is also the first weekend since official launch, and Trion is probably closely monitoring how much of a population spike the servers are getting on weekends. They are probably going to have a meeting tomorrow and decide on various things to control the queue times during peak days/hours. I imagine that next weekend will be wayyyyy better.

I keep hearing f2p players talk about queue time and such and about allowing more people in each server. I think people seriously misunderstand how many people the game world is meant to hold. Sandbox games typically have way less per server than games like WoW, because land and resources are legitimately an integral part of the community health. The game world is not meant to be Hong Kong. The community would die.

NZ1
09-21-2014, 02:58 PM
trions handling the situation like complete morons

"yea lets overfill the servers beyond max capacity with people we milked for cash, then lets let in people who haven't paid anything so they can make gold, buy patron and make those who already paid in advance wait even longer"

theres no way they can undo it and there is no fix for it unless they remove the queues altogether and just let everyone in without forcing people to wait for no reason at all. dont believe that queue is people leaving and making more room, its not. its just a gate with no purpose at all other than to try and slow the influx and contain the overpopulation they created.

why the ♥♥♥♥ they didnt close the full servers when they hit max capacity is beyond me
total ♥♥♥♥ing idiots

SilentSagas
09-21-2014, 03:15 PM
The entire reason for the issues is something I have not seen anyone mention yet: 2 Day Open Beta.

They had open beta and it was so extremely short that they had no time to judge and prepare for what sort of population there would be at launch. Open Betas for games with such server setups should be one month minimum.

Laelais
09-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Don't forget about all the patrons and f2p that are staying logged in to get the labor points per hour. If they changed it for patrons to get 10 online and offline and f2p get 5 online and offline you will have a lot less people just standing around while flipping burgers all day.

toe nado
09-21-2014, 03:19 PM
So trions answer to server queues on some servers is to allow overpopulation and server queues on every server? Why is there not a cap in place for all servers? When this happened to ff14arr, they literally stopped selling the digital version of the game until server populations stabilized. What the actual ♥♥♥♥ is trion thinking?:mad:

Sarat00ga
09-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Don't forget about all the patrons and f2p that are staying logged in to get the labor points per hour. If they changed it for patrons to get 10 online and offline and f2p get 5 online and offline you will have a lot less people just standing around while flipping burgers all day.

You know this would go a long way towards a solution......

Raf
09-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Look... Patrons should get preferential treatment over F2P. We are paying a monthly sub to play. You guys are paying squat.

The reasons why you can't sub are too numerous to even address. Probably good reasons too in a lot of cases.

But paying customers should have first come access over F2P. Maybe they should even go for F2P servers and stop all this stuff.

USA Cowboy
09-21-2014, 05:26 PM
#920 @ 30 minutes

I just subscribed thinking there wouldn't be a wait!

NOooooooooooooooooooooooo

Whatever. This gives me time to reflect.

Brackstone
09-21-2014, 06:34 PM
This is unreal, I didn't play at all during Early Access because of all the mess and I wanted to wait until a new server got released for low queue times. Now I have to wait half an hour just to login? Wtf happned? Even last night during prime time AT MOST there was a 20 person queue.

Now we jumped up to 800?!?!

This is completely unacceptable!

dChronus
09-22-2014, 09:17 AM
I'd say a half hour is better than the 5, 6 or 7 hour queues others have seen. With a half hour I can do other things like eat, watch a quick tv show, shower, browse web, etc... while I'm waiting for it to pop... just keep checking back every 5-10 minutes and you'll be fine.

CBMerling
09-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Well, we also have to remember that since we are close to one week since launch, a lot of f2p players have probably saved enough gold to buy Apex and get patron status.

This is also the first weekend since official launch, and Trion is probably closely monitoring how much of a population spike the servers are getting on weekends. They are probably going to have a meeting tomorrow and decide on various things to control the queue times during peak days/hours. I imagine that next weekend will be wayyyyy better.

I keep hearing f2p players talk about queue time and such and about allowing more people in each server. I think people seriously misunderstand how many people the game world is meant to hold. Sandbox games typically have way less per server than games like WoW, because land and resources are legitimately an integral part of the community health. The game world is not meant to be Hong Kong. The community would die.

Thank you!

Minions of Inoch, gather some patience. As this good fellow, SilentSagas mentioned, the game hasn't even been officially launched for a week yet. Has it been a rough launch for Trion and its ArcheAge servers, yes, but they are trying to resolve this. Give it some time because it is rational to believe that if a F2P doesn't want to wait in a large queue, he is going to be more acceptable to going patron. That goes for any server. Eventually the server is going to get locked via the population count.

If that queue is a problem, try logging in when your time is occupied, so when you are free to play Archeage, you won't have to wait as long if you're not in the game by then.

Paranos
09-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Thank you!

Minions of Inoch, gather some patience. As this good fellow, SilentSagas mentioned, the game hasn't even been officially launched for a week yet. Has it been a rough launch for Trion and its ArcheAge servers, yes, but they are trying to resolve this. Give it some time because it is rational to believe that if a F2P doesn't want to wait in a large queue, he is going to be more acceptable to going patron. That goes for any server. Eventually the server is going to get locked via the population count.

If that queue is a problem, try logging in when your time is occupied, so when you are free to play Archeage, you won't have to wait as long if you're not in the game by then.

Agreed.

PS: Please make your font size smaller. I need to get more nostril-wind to fog up my monitor so I can properly wipe it clean while I read your post. ;)