PDA

View Full Version : Trion on the official forums...

Dresler
03-25-2014, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIIuR-HjFho

:rolleyes:

LlexX
03-25-2014, 11:46 AM
As expected... :(

They just keep showing their "we still don't care about the AA community" policy.

King
03-25-2014, 12:20 PM
As expected... :(

They just keep showing their "we still don't care about the AA community" policy.

More like there's a million questions with a million answers that cannot be said. As a lot of the game is still under internal testing (with things moving without a moments notice). This forum is not under a NDA. So they cannot just simply start discussing work-in-progress ideas regardless of if this game is released or not. This standback approach helps deter misunderstandings and allows speculation to be rather baseless- rather than giving accidental fuel to an unnecessary fire.

Furthermore, spending tons of time here is counterproductive- especially if they're trying to ramp up into attempting a smooth Early Access transition.

Roda
03-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Furthermore, spending tons of time here is counterproductive- especially if they're trying to ramp up into attempting a smooth Early Access transition.

Noooooooo non onononon onononononoo
You gotta foster that community early, man..

yuyu
03-25-2014, 12:35 PM
I wonder what "community managers" really do at work each day, when they interact with the community like 1-2 times a month.

xDrac
03-25-2014, 12:36 PM
Noooooooo non onononon onononononoo
You gotta foster that community early, man..
I agree with that, somewhat.
Visibility is important, and it reassures the community. Personally, I think a little more visibility on their own forums would be great, but it is how it is.
Perhaps that is still to come.

Chernobog
03-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Visibility is important, and it reassures the community. Personally, I think a little more visibility on their own forums would be great, but it is how it is.

I think we're likely to see more interaction as they have more to provide us with. maybe when Closed beta comes. Right now though they can't really say much....
Also, Forums are relatively new... give em some time.

Thraay
03-25-2014, 01:10 PM
They do need a dev / community tracker type thing though. Right now its not really easy to find anything the community team has posted.

xDrac
03-25-2014, 01:13 PM
I think we're likely to see more interaction as they have more to provide us with. maybe when Closed beta comes. Right now though they can't really say much....
Also, Forums are relatively new... give em some time.
Maybe so, but especially now that the forums are up and new, they should show their presence, reassure players that they are there and listening.
They don't have to release new information on the game with every post they make, simply posting something, related or unrelated, would already be enough if you ask me.

But hey, I'm sure they have their reasons. Lets hope they are working on ArcheAge so diligently that they simply don't have the time to be more "active".

Seahorse Captain
03-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Even if they cant discuss much, posting in threads and just having an actual presence does wonders. If its only to post about their favorite race, what they look forward to playing, or just to say hello, it still shows theyre acknowledging were around.

ApocaRUFF
03-25-2014, 01:15 PM
It's probably best if they keep the interaction low at the moment. There's a lot of discussion going on between us players and the forum community is growing by the day. Right now, the Community Managers probably can't say much on the game, besides what they showed at GDC and the recent livestream. I mean, what would be the point of them coming here and repeating, "No", "Maybe" and "Can't say" over and over? It would just piss people off more than anything else. Besides, members of the community who have played the Korean and Russian versions will, in most cases, be able to answer questions about the game better than the PR team. If the game were in a different state, and their decisions on subscription, cash shop, patches, etc... were already made, it would be different. But for now, the way they're doing things now is the best way to go about things.

King
03-25-2014, 01:21 PM

Visibility, sure. However, since there's quite a lot of flare up around PvP/PvE, Trade, 1.0 and the like- they might be waiting for things to get active and filled up off of that. Then they'll swoop in when a week goes by and they'll drop some information to keep the community going.

I may be giving them the benefit of the doubt (and some strategic prowess). However, there's usually more to everything that occurs.

Braiking07
03-25-2014, 01:23 PM
I understand some people are fine with the idea of Trion being friendly and joining in one certain threads that might be irrelevant to AA or vaguely relevant, making sure not to confirm or deny anything, but I can already see thread being made to demand have something answered or people whining to know if this or that will be in.

I agree with another poster here that I think it's best for them to stay low at the moment until they can get the flow of information moving. Clearly these forums are starting so the in-game community can start to feel one another out and I'm sure they will make their presence soon. How soon? I'd say when they start pushing into CBT.

Steelwind
03-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Well one of the reasons that Trion held back so long opening official forums was due to the fact that they were not ready to start sharing information. We went for over a year since Trion acquired AA and all this time with no official forums.

Now that they have opened these forums, one would think it was so they could start communicating and they now have something to say. While these forums are merely days old, I hope they follow through with their presence here. Otherwise what was the point of opening these to begin with? There were already plenty of other places where we could talk about AA amongst ourselves. GDC just ended so there is that but Trion needs to establish a presence here soon otherwise they will start to loose ALL credibility that they will ever engage their fanbase and that is NOT a good thing for the game.

aphelion
03-25-2014, 01:58 PM
I think given that they just got back from GDC on Friday we should cut them some slack. I would expect to hear more about how things are going once they catch their collective breaths.

Also, I don't think they have a lot more to say as they are still working through a lot of details. I'm looking forward to Friday and more information! :)

LlexX
03-25-2014, 02:00 PM
... give em some time.
Don't you think that it's too late to say this? -> "Soon™ since Jan, 2013"

Maybe they are just shy, really shy...

Scapes
03-25-2014, 02:03 PM
But hey, I'm sure they have their reasons. Lets hope they are working on ArcheAge so diligently that they simply don't have the time to be more "active".

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the team working on ArcheAge is hard at work getting ready for the shift from Friends & Family to a proper closed alpha. This is a lot more involved than it sounds like. As for yours truly, I'm preparing a content schedule to populate the website and keep giving the community reasons to come back and learn more about ArcheAge leading up to its launch. Today also is the second day since I've started to be able to really work on it (Defiance DLC4 and GDC 2014 kinda kept me busy). You'll be seeing plenty of me of here once I get some boulders rolling, just a matter of inertia.

We'll also have the producers posting here more regularly in the coming days/weeks. Things are just getting started. In fact, running into a meeting to further tweak the forums right this moment. Back on later.

Silvow
03-25-2014, 02:06 PM
As has been mentioned elsewhere, the team working on ArcheAge is hard at work getting ready for the shift from Friends & Family to a proper closed alpha. This is a lot more involved than it sounds like. As for yours truly, I'm preparing a content schedule to populate the website and keep giving the community reasons to come back and learn more about ArcheAge leading up to its launch. Today also is the second day since I've started to be able to really work on it (Defiance DLC4 and GDC 2014 kinda kept me busy). You'll be seeing plenty of me of here once I get some boulders rolling, just a matter of inertia.

We'll also have the producers posting here more regularly in the coming days/weeks. Things are just getting started. In fact, running into a meeting to further tweak the forums right this moment. Back on later.

Thanks for the heads up Scapes and keep up the work, you guys doing a great job :)

Steelwind
03-25-2014, 02:07 PM
Wow Scrapes, your timing is impressive! Thank you for the update.

I think we are all realistic as to how soon to expect active participation here but at the same time Trion has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to the AA community. I will admit to a noticeable improvement since you joined Scapes, I just hope the ball continues to roll and the momentum continues.

Chernobog
03-25-2014, 02:10 PM

Viola! You may all start calling me the prophet if you'd like. :p
its a joke ppl calm down lol

LlexX
03-25-2014, 02:11 PM

Finally a post!

Was it so hard to do this ;).

aphelion
03-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Finally a post!

Was it so hard to do this ;).

wow -_-

That's so not his first post.

Anyway, thanks for the info, Scapes. Looking forward to the livestream.

Aghorelia
03-25-2014, 02:14 PM
In the meantime we ask simple questions by mail or twitter but the answers are not forthcoming ... One wonders sometimes if it was just to show us the carrot on a stick ... I'm disappointed.

Skullz
03-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Yeah let em work on getting us the game, I'd rather have the game sooner than a cup of tea and a chat with em... :)

xDrac
03-25-2014, 02:29 PM

Well, there we go! Confirmation. Thank you for the info, Evan :)
Also, good to know you intend to tweak the forums a little more.

King
03-25-2014, 02:30 PM
In the meantime we ask simple questions by mail or twitter but the answers are not forthcoming ... One wonders sometimes if it was just to show us the carrot on a stick ... I'm disappointed.

Is that a reference to this thread? => http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?559-Trions-sunshine-Fanboys-A-tiny-comic xD

zefs
03-25-2014, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the update, please consider building a close community here for ArcheAge, like you guys are doing with Rift. This game is heavily based on community so it would be crucial for it's success.

Aghorelia
03-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Is that a reference to this thread? => http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?559-Trions-sunshine-Fanboys-A-tiny-comic xD

Haha Excellent ! :)

Sweetdeal
03-25-2014, 03:15 PM
They have lot of work to do, first they going around and visist Fansites :)

Aghorelia
03-25-2014, 03:20 PM
http://puu.sh/7Jrau.png
or not ^^

Palinore
03-25-2014, 03:34 PM

Hey! I want to have a picture under my name too! =)

GlennAd
03-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Yeah, having a presence on the forum is often a big factor in how people see the company. If they just try to sneak in a forum post per day or something like that, then I think most people will be failry happy with them, and more likely to spend money on the game. Heck, I've seen a ton of people from other F2P games spend money for the single reason that the company was active on the forum.

Mavol
03-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Look forward to the interaction!

Sirmilkbox
03-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Lol at prioritizing defiance over AA. Wasn't that game a huge failure?

King
03-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Yeah, having a presence on the forum is often a big factor in how people see the company. If they just try to sneak in a forum post per day or something like that, then I think most people will be failry happy with them, and more likely to spend money on the game. Heck, I've seen a ton of people from other F2P games spend money for the single reason that the company was active on the forum.

I wonder if the other community manager person will go onto the AA portion of Friday's stream. Would be nice. :X Even if it was a brief appearance to say hi- and maybe talk about himself or what he's been up to a little bit.

disciprine
03-15-2015, 05:43 PM
~clear~

*zap*

Tiesto
03-15-2015, 05:54 PM
That little shadow of a person under the rating, that is a dev or com manager responding to a thread. Apparently you were not aware of this.

Shiverwind
03-15-2015, 05:55 PM
But but but, they didn't respond to the thread the Op wanted them to respond to! that means they are not on the forums didn't you know?

Hodorr
03-15-2015, 05:57 PM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/asdf/images/1/1c/Necro2.jpg

disciprine
03-15-2015, 07:05 PM
~clear~

*zap*

We have a pulse people! I need replies - STAT

disciprine
03-15-2015, 10:18 PM
I will not lose you again dammit!!!

Stay with me!!!