PDA

View Full Version : Shadowblade 1v1's

Villani
09-22-2014, 05:10 AM
Put a small 1v1 arena video together of a few matches :)
It's not anything special, but thought I'd share it since there's more to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a552U6Jlmx4

I hope it's not totally awful. :3

New video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T06_nlH1N8

Nuvian
09-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Shadowblade looks fun!

Uus Corp
09-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Sounds is nice vidéo quality pretty much ok , but TOO SHORT !

Villani
09-23-2014, 12:42 AM
I'm working on a longer video with OWPvP and some arena matches as well :)
Just waiting for more people to reach 50 and start doing pvp so there's more variety.

CCedGirlsAreEasy
09-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey man! Great video, please link your build! I am loving the class but cannot get the build down by myself. Also, I've been using a 2h weapon, are the daggers or one handed swords better?? PLEASE HELP ME!

SevenRin
09-26-2014, 09:35 PM
Duuuuude, that 5K crit :O

Zyler
09-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Nice video. You just made me change my class to Shadowblade as it looks super fun. :)

Can you share your build if it's possible?

Vicken
09-27-2014, 01:49 AM
Put a small 1v1 arena video together of a few matches :)
It's not anything special, but thought I'd share it since there's more to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a552U6Jlmx4

I hope it's not totally awful. :3

Dont be fooled guys, he only fought people his class is made to destroy and he over gear most of them.
Not a single tank class guess why? tho player seems good just cant say without seeing him pvp his anti classes

Villani
09-27-2014, 05:44 AM
Hey man! Great video, please link your build! I am loving the class but cannot get the build down by myself. Also, I've been using a 2h weapon, are the daggers or one handed swords better?? PLEASE HELP ME!

This is my build: http://waa.ai/acchan
And about using a 2h as a shadowblade... I wouldn't really recommend it since you lose alot of attackspeed and critrate/ ranged parry from the passive. Sure using a 2h works, but it's not really optimal... this is my opinion.
I'd recommend using a sword / dagger combo for the sword giving you extra parry and the dagger a chance to proc attack speed.

Villani
09-27-2014, 05:48 AM
Dont be fooled guys, he only fought people his class is made to destroy and he over gear most of them.
Not a single tank class guess why? tho player seems good just cant say without seeing him pvp his anti classes

No reason to hate. I'm using the quest gear from hasla/ karkasse through the whole video, which is the same as my opponents have.
My swords are from hasla, my opponents have hasla weapons as well (most of them that is).

Also, if you happened to miss it there's a tank class right in the beginning of the video, thou' he isn't greatly geared and is using a 2h nodachi. The reason there's hardly any tank classes is because all of these matches were one after the other. I didn't re-arrange them at all.
There were no tank classes queuing at the time, as I've mentioned before, this is just a quality test.

I will include blighters/ abolishers or which ever you wish in the official video if that makes you happier.

Yar987
09-27-2014, 10:53 AM
This is my build: http://waa.ai/acchan
And about using a 2h as a shadowblade... I wouldn't really recommend it since you lose alot of attackspeed and critrate/ ranged parry from the passive. Sure using a 2h works, but it's not really optimal... this is my opinion.
I'd recommend using a sword / dagger combo for the sword giving you extra parry and the dagger a chance to proc attack speed.

Any reason you prefer Tiger Strike over Wallop, for 1v1s? Apart from the B/P/E immunity TS has. Wallop hits a bit harder, and gives you some quick bloodthirst.

Vicken
09-27-2014, 11:03 AM
No reason to hate. I'm using the quest gear from hasla/ karkasse through the whole video, which is the same as my opponents have.
My swords are from hasla, my opponents have hasla weapons as well (most of them that is).

Also, if you happened to miss it there's a tank class right in the beginning of the video, thou' he isn't greatly geared and is using a 2h nodachi. The reason there's hardly any tank classes is because all of these matches were one after the other. I didn't re-arrange them at all.
There were no tank classes queuing at the time, as I've mentioned before, this is just a quality test.

I will include blighters/ abolishers or which ever you wish in the official video if that makes you happier.

It does int make me happy or sad, i just stated facts i can kill with shadow blade archers and mages all day too its not hard push 4 buttons and 2 shoot them u know, but im looking forward to ure new vid coz as we all know what happens when SB meet fella with shield

Yar987
09-27-2014, 11:20 AM
It does int make me happy or sad, i just stated facts i can kill with shadow blade archers and mages all day too its not hard push 4 buttons and 2 shoot them u know, but im looking forward to ure new vid coz as we all know what happens when SB meet fella with shield

Every class has a counter, and I don't remember seeing where the OP said they'd wreck every class anyway.

Villani
09-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Any reason you prefer Tiger Strike over Wallop, for 1v1s? Apart from the B/P/E immunity TS has. Wallop hits a bit harder, and gives you some quick bloodthirst.

Tiger strike cannot be blocked, evaded or parried. It also works as a gap closer against people that rely on range. Wallop doesn't offer either of those.

Villani
09-27-2014, 02:37 PM

Finally managed to get my first 1v1 arena pop in ages and it happened to be against a hexblade, so I thought I'd record it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev0QfcRKGtQ

I'll be making the official video whenever I get enough footage from Arenas and/or open world pvp.
Thou' 1v1's against some shield classes are sorta boring, so those are probably gonna come from open world pvp scenarios rather than 1v1 arena.

Yar987
09-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Tiger strike cannot be blocked, evaded or parried. It also works as a gap closer against people that rely on range. Wallop doesn't offer either of those.

Very true, I didn't really account for the gap close part.

nisky
09-29-2014, 02:31 PM
Awesome videos man. I am playing a Heirophant right now and i want to switch to this class!

:):) Good work.

DN

Fishingsloth
09-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Finally managed to get my first 1v1 arena pop in ages and it happened to be against a hexblade, so I thought I'd record it.

I'll be making the official video whenever I get enough footage from Arenas and/or open world pvp.
Thou' 1v1's against some shield classes are sorta boring, so those are probably gonna come from open world pvp scenarios rather than 1v1 arena.

Subbed to your channel. The song in that video makes me want to play Osu again :)

Vicken
09-29-2014, 04:58 PM

Horrid hexblade manage to get one round, kinda just proves mine point

Broheads
09-29-2014, 10:51 PM
Hexblade who doesn't use scepter.... and forgets (or didn't spec?) to use ennervate+mudhand or boastful...., lol oh god.....

Villani
09-29-2014, 11:32 PM
Hexblade who doesn't use scepter.... and forgets (or didn't spec?) to use ennervate+mudhand or boastful...., lol oh god.....

You really shouldn't spec a hexblade more into witchcraft than taking the necessities...
That's how I'd play it anyways.

Villani
10-08-2014, 01:19 AM
New video out with a bit more variety in the opposing classes :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T06_nlH1N8

Raigoz
10-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Nice videos ^^

Asset
10-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Nice job dude and dont listen that dumbass hater. There are so many baddies in area its not his fault he is showing off the class that is not a cookie cutter fotm Prim, DR, Daggerspell.

OP, dont forget to use mud hands (heh) instant cast when you use backflip. That combos well into a lot of your attacks and you will do more damage. FYI

tragicslip
10-24-2014, 11:49 PM
people are so sure they are great they want to dog anyone doing something worthwhile. even if this player sucked, their videos offer a viewer a good look at how to counter some common stuff (dropback out of leash range for example). haters, you suck 'cause you don't know as much as you think and your minds are closed.

nice vids

i doubt shadowblade wants mudhand snare over shadowplay/battlerage