PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge is A Game, It's Not Personal

Paranos
09-22-2014, 05:18 AM
If you have your hauler blown up, it's not personal.
If you lose during PvP, it's not personal.

The amount of people that I see spewing hate when something doesn't go exactly their way is stunning. I don't care if you're the most ruthless pirate on the open seas - it doesn't mean you gotta be all juvenile when you get killed.

Enjoy the game. ALL aspects of the game. But remember ... it's a game. It's not personal. :)

Written Sept 22, 2014. Still valid 1 year later ... lets hope Hanure has a better community.

Krittek
09-22-2014, 08:24 AM
This post made me so mad.

You just made my list Paranos! :mad:

Layke
09-22-2014, 08:32 AM
If you get PK'd, it's not personal.
If you have your crops stolen on a secret (illegal) farm, it's not personal.
If you lose during a war, it's not personal.

The amount of people that I see spewing hate when something doesn't go exactly their way is stunning. I don't care if you're the most ruthless pirate on the open seas - it doesn't mean you gotta be all juvenile when you get killed.

Don't want your crops stolen? Plant them in a very secret place ... not the edge of a mountain, next to a town, where everyone can see them.

Oh, and lastly ... taking time out of your day to threaten someone's pixels is laughable.

Enjoy the game. ALL aspects of the game. But remember ... it's a game. It's not personal. :)

I fully agree that people should take things in this game less personal, but stealing and continually PKing to the point of griefing, while not personal, still doesn't make you any less of an ♥♥♥.

It all boils down to the whole, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" sentiments. I get the game allows this and often encourages it, but because it does, people often take it too far or to an extreme level. I'm not going to rage, get mad, or private message someone in game to display my frustration, as that only makes the people happy, but it's still not a cool thing to do. But, again, the game allows this and guilds form around it. Just don't be surprised when your own faction begins to turn against you because of what you do. Then you get the pleasure of fighting 2 factions. ;)

Laelais
09-22-2014, 08:43 AM
I fully agree that people should take things in this game less personal, but stealing and continually PKing to the point of griefing, while not personal, still doesn't make you any less of an ♥♥♥.

It all boils down to the whole, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" sentiments. I get the game allows this and often encourages it, but because it does, people often take it too far or to an extreme level. I'm not going to rage, get mad, or private message someone in game to display my frustration, as that only makes the people happy, but it's still not a cool thing to do. But, again, the game allows this and guilds form around it. Just don't be surprised when your own faction begins to turn against you because of what you do. Then you get the pleasure of fighting 2 factions. ;)

Not to mention coming here to post about it....lol aren't you your guilds public relations officer cause your kinda coming off as a dick......just my 2 cents.

Paranos
09-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Not to mention coming here to post about it....lol aren't you your guilds public relations officer cause your kinda coming off as a dick......just my 2 cents.

Yes, I am the guild's public relations officer.