PDA

View Full Version : New Player on Dahuta

Tsu
09-22-2014, 08:34 AM
Hi there,

Im a new player to ArcheAge, a F2P player so my online time is really low at the moment. I can only log at dead times 1AM+.
I play MMO's for 14 years and im looking forward to find the best suited server for me.

I would like to ask you guys if the following information that I collected about European servers is correct.

1. Dahuta is the most balanced server in terms of nationalities. I took this information from Archeage gildex website by looking at every guild available in Dahuta.
2. Is this server crowded with PK'ers and bad players? The community is friendly? (For a Portuguese player)
3. Is there any chance for a F2P to survive in this server, find a good guild and share good moments in battles? (I love PVE but I am a PvP player)
4. Shatigon is mainly Spanish and Portuguese, Kyprosa has a lot of Germans and East Europe, Eanna is French? What about the other servers? Are they good for new players or I will fit just right in here?
5. I dont know nothing about this so... here goes a silly question: Houses, Farms, all that stuff occupies land in the common area to everyone? Is there any chance for me to have a spot for me later? or am I late already? (Yeah I need patron for some of those features)~

6. With the new servers, is the queue on Dahuta expected to reduce or it will be one of the most popular servers?

Im also looking for a PvE build to level up fast and a PvP build for my end game fun momments any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
~Tsu

Huzter
09-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Hi ther and welcome to archeage.....i play in this server.....and ya server its balanced but full gankers....i see a lot of 50's killing low lvl's .....i see and many from same faction killing us....but...this is the game ....from 35lvl its a pain ....you can lvl just on morning when serveers are low or when its Peace time.....and about chat......its full always with french,dutc,rusky and gold spammers.....but 90% its english........

P.s. if you whana try f2p come tomorow morning........now servers are with queue

Tsu
09-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Im in queue atm, I always try to log at this time but I never can. Im at pos. 1400 atm.

So this server has a lot of PK'ers? Dammit... Isn't there any savior guilds that protect the low level?

Asa
09-22-2014, 08:58 AM
I am on this server, the community is balanced however the chats are toxic with a lot of French hatred going on. it's to the point where you actually can't see any french speaker but only hatred and verbal violence. don't even think of speaking about the game, socialize, etc...unless you want the join the dumb talk. I hope TRION will have some GM put order soon.
one or two comments in other languages are able to go unnoticed by the hatred wagon for the moment tough..

Tsu
09-22-2014, 09:03 AM
I am on this server, the community is balanced however the chats are toxic with a lot of French hatred going on. it's to the point where you actually can't see any french speaker but only hatred and verbal violence. don't even think of speaking about the game, socialize, etc...unless you want the join the dumb talk. I hope TRION will have some GM put order soon.
one or two comments in other languages are able to go unnoticed by the hatred wagon for the moment tough..

Well that is kinda expected when no GM has control on the chat. I've tried to ask a few questions on the faction chat and I sucessfully did it but it took some time ^^

Kisala
09-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah. This game is a lot better in groups and at higher levels. I was exploring Freedich before the server went down and I'm only lvl 27. I expected no one to be there at that time but I got killed by a lot of reds. To be expected but then someone from the same faction at lvl 50 turned on Bloodlust and killed me. It just seems strange to kill someone at a low level in your own faction who hasn't got a tradepack, but eh. I risked it so it was my own fault really. But if I was lvl 50 and with a group of people it'd be much more fun.

You'll have PKers and griefers and gankers on all servers. Don't let it deter you away from whichever server you want to go on!

del
09-22-2014, 10:11 PM
Well have to say +1 to Kisalas post to be fair, as long as you have fun and enjoy the game do what ever you want which includes choosing your designated server.

Tsu
09-23-2014, 04:23 AM
Yeah. This game is a lot better in groups and at higher levels. I was exploring Freedich before the server went down and I'm only lvl 27. I expected no one to be there at that time but I got killed by a lot of reds. To be expected but then someone from the same faction at lvl 50 turned on Bloodlust and killed me. It just seems strange to kill someone at a low level in your own faction who hasn't got a tradepack, but eh. I risked it so it was my own fault really. But if I was lvl 50 and with a group of people it'd be much more fun.

You'll have PKers and griefers and gankers on all servers. Don't let it deter you away from whichever server you want to go on!

Thank you for your feedback.
Well it happens that I am split between Dahuta and Melisara.

I want to play in Dahuta because I would like to play in a RP Server and from the guilds i've collected so far, Dahuta will offer the best end-game server when it comes to group PvP.

About Melisara, I have 2 groups of friends there, that I dont even know if they are going to play a lot or not, but they are there. Also the queues are expected to be shorter in this server.

Dahuta has 82 guilds, while Melisara has 10 guilds, so im affraid that my end-game in Melisara may be a failure because with time people might just leave the game. I dont know about that, but my future in Archeage seems much more solid in Dahuta with "strangers" than in Melisara with friends that might quit after a few weeks of play.

Is the queue on Dahuta going to lower? it is already on 1400 at 12PM.

Well have to say +1 to Kisalas post to be fair, as long as you have fun and enjoy the game do what ever you want which includes choosing your designated server.

Im trying to find that perfect balance :D

Darquex
09-23-2014, 12:00 PM
You should keep in mind that Melisara is a newer server, so of course it's normal to have less guilds currently.
I'm playing on Dahuta myself and overall I think it's a nice server. Faction chat is decent and people are helpful.
Of course there are times when chat is covered with (some) hate and flaming, but that is to be expected in a MMO.
It is possible to speak in your own language, but only for a short time before people start saying "English plox!" :P
As for building and farming space; most land has been taken already. There are still some 8x8 plots, but you'll really have to look for them.

This game is all about playing together and being able to trust the people around you.
My advice would be to talk to your friends. Do (some of them) have patron? What are their plans for the future?
Considering the fact you haven't placed any property yet, you could also start a character on Melisara first, to see how it goes.
There is always the possibility to create another character on a different server.

In the end ArcheAge is all about having fun (after you beat the queueing game) :P

Tsu
09-23-2014, 01:23 PM
You should keep in mind that Melisara is a newer server, so of course it's normal to have less guilds currently.
I'm playing on Dahuta myself and overall I think it's a nice server. Faction chat is decent and people are helpful.
Of course there are times when chat is covered with (some) hate and flaming, but that is to be expected in a MMO.
It is possible to speak in your own language, but only for a short time before people start saying "English plox!" :P
As for building and farming space; most land has been taken already. There are still some 8x8 plots, but you'll really have to look for them.

This game is all about playing together and being able to trust the people around you.
My advice would be to talk to your friends. Do (some of them) have patron? What are their plans for the future?
Considering the fact you haven't placed any property yet, you could also start a character on Melisara first, to see how it goes.
There is always the possibility to create another character on a different server.

In the end ArcheAge is all about having fun (after you beat the queueing game) :P

Ahah well before ArcheAge we have ArcheQueue xD
Well, my friends are a guild and they are just having fun there, I need to ask them if they are planning in staying and create a guild or just free roam the land.

I guess they dont have patron or nothing, they are probably f2p. I will make a char a in both servers for now.

Looks like that this thread is friend making already, I would like to add you in the ganem so we can chit-chat a little bit better in game.
I will wait for the new servers to pop up, watch the queues and play. I guess ill pick the server that has the less queue time when I usually play ArcheAge. So far, and strangely, Dahuta seems to be better for me.