PDA

View Full Version : <Maelstrom> West Guild

Maelstrom Miles
09-22-2014, 09:12 AM
My name is Miles and I am the GM of <Maelstrom>.

We are a medium sized guild and part of the initial rush of people who server changed when Ezi went live. We were the first mercenary guild on Ezi and will continue to be a part of the community. We are not a zerg guild and pride ourselves on our accomplishments and services we provide are second to none.

The Services We Offer

- Trade Pack security (We will not carry your packs just protect them)

- Sea protection with multiple Galleon support

- Farm quest taxies

- Additional firepower for your needs

- East or West does not matter! We do not kill clients on either side.

- Auroria castle siege support

- Anything else you want to pay us for…

Our Mercenary service is a very simple process. Just contact myself, Eab, or Bic and we can get you where you need to be. We have the first documented cross faction mercenary contract http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?79159-lt-Maelstrom-gt-Guild-Trustworth-even-Cross-Faction.-Server-First-documented-cross-Faction-job-complete. With our naval fleet thriving and growing every day we can get the job done for you. We have prime land claimed throughout the west and on Freedrich. If it needs to be killed we kill it. We are not a NBSI (not blue shoot it) type of guild. We consider every situation different and proceed accordingly.

Recruitment is OPEN. If you are interested in joining us PM, apply on the website, or drop a line in the thread. We do communicate through mumble and like our players to be on comms to coordinate our efforts more efficiently.

If you are looking to join <Maelstrom> we now require an application process through our forums. http://maelstromguild.forumer.com
Just a few quick requirements that need to be met:
1) Minimum of level 30
2) Must use Mumble during our pvp raids and mercenary contracts

You may see us on the sea or land. Just look for the <Maelstrom> tag and hit someone up if you want more info. Nice to meet you all and may we see you soon with sword in hand.

Bats
09-22-2014, 09:57 AM
-salutes-
My IGN is Batsaias. I started yesterday and was able to get my glider and upgrade it, but I can't play a game without being a part of a good group or guild. I am new, but always a team player and love PvP.

I am a Trickster (shadowplay, archery, witchcraft), but am willing to change my witchcraft for something else. If you have any ideas on what would make a better PvP, I would greatly appreciate the help. I'm just experimenting with my 3rd class trying to find out myself.

Is Maelstrom willing to take a new 23-year-old, Lv.13 Elf, eager to sail the seas, as a promising new recruit?

Maelstrom Miles
09-22-2014, 10:10 AM
You can hit me up in game around 6PM CST M-F and pretty much all day long on the weekend.

Bats
09-22-2014, 10:19 AM
You can hit me up in game around 6PM CST M-F and pretty much all day long on the weekend.

Will do. I'll start the queue as soon as I get home (6pm, EST). Hope I get on not long after.

LokiTricksterGod
09-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Are you guys planning on staying west, or do you have aspiration of Piracy?

Maelstrom Miles
09-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Well seeing as I was the first on the server to have a trial, I would say piracy is kinda inevitable. Not sure on the time frame as we have a lot of infrastructure already established and to maintain in the West.

Gihzmo
09-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Will your guild be focusing on naval trade or simply PvP? Do you have teamspeak/vent? Are you more geared to older (25+) or the younger crowd?

Maelstrom Miles
09-22-2014, 01:37 PM
We will be focused on PVP and naval trade at least for the moment. We are not sure how the naval trade will factor in once the server grows to have other guilds in the waters with us but PVP is defiantly a big focus for us. We use mumble for our voice communication. We have a wide range of ages with our youngest being 16. Age is not a factor for us as long as you are mature and can handle crude language at times. We tend to get loud and excited about things (especially me :D) and we are not ashamed of it in the least. We do not tolerate massive amounts of trolling, though some is OK in the right settings.

Faction 3
09-22-2014, 02:08 PM
Hey Miles.

I'm definitely interested in joining your ranks and seeing all AA has to offer with a good, coordinated Guild. Although I'm currently F2P, once the seasons change I'll have more free-time to put a Patron Subscription to use. I play a Nui Blighter, level 12 (love the heavy weapon Warrior types), and am usually on after 7pm CST.

IGN: Ingram

Thanks!

EDIT: Although I have zero problems being on the High Seas, my true goal is to own a Tractor and a Race Car one day...I'm from Alabama, so we rednecks love our farm equipment & race cars.

Klown King
09-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Howdy there Miles, I attempted to pm you in game earlier today seeking recruitment but neither you or the other two guys you mentioned were on. What is the time frame you guys are usually on? I would really enjoy joining you guys in your pillaging.

IGN: Klownking
Faction: West
Class: Darkrunner
Ship: Harpoon clipper

Cerrano
09-23-2014, 07:55 PM
I hired Maelstrom for a clipper run across the sea, for the large scarecrow quest about 20 minutes ago. They got me there alive and I was able to turn in the pack in addition to getting the quest credit. Great job. I'll definitely hire them again.

-Riddick

Setzboyz
09-24-2014, 05:40 AM
My character names is Ouse, serving as a Warpriest (archery, sword, and vitalism) and would like to join your organization. I am happy to answer any questions that you may have of me. I will seek you out in game when I next log in.

I enjoy most serving as a healer and have done so for SM several times now. I also enjoy very heavily the crafting and goods production.

Thank you, sir!

LokiTricksterGod
09-24-2014, 12:59 PM
I hired Maelstrom for a clipper run across the sea, for the large scarecrow quest about 20 minutes ago. They got me there alive and I was able to turn in the pack in addition to getting the quest credit. Great job. I'll definitely hire them again.

-Riddick

Good thing I noticed you lag off the boat! You would have been sharkbait! Glad we could be of service to you.

hazardousdonut
09-25-2014, 01:04 PM
are you a trading guild/crafting guild too? trying to finish trade pack missions but im interested. my IGN is hazardousdonut and im on the west. Im a fleshshaper and i got no ship

canada est

LokiTricksterGod
09-25-2014, 01:18 PM
are you a trading guild/crafting guild too? trying to finish trade pack missions but im interested. my IGN is hazardousdonut and im on the west. Im a fleshshaper and i got no ship

canada est

We do certainly perform trade runs and craft. However, our main external focus is on providing mercenary services whenever needed.

BicZero
09-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Shameless bump.

Maelstrom Miles
09-27-2014, 07:36 AM
Come join us for our galleon launch tonight. Should be a blast (cannon joke in there somewhere). We are still looking to add more people to our ranks but we are closing in on our recruitment goal. See you on the battlefield!

KittenLC
09-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Come join us for our galleon launch tonight. Should be a blast (cannon joke in there somewhere). We are still looking to add more people to our ranks but we are closing in on our recruitment goal. See you on the battlefield!

It sure was a blast! Thanks for the invite guys!
https://i.imgur.com/bSirSNI.jpg
- Kitten & the rest of Laughing Coffin sends their regards. <3

Also you missed our launch for our merchant ship forever ago.
https://i.imgur.com/NgAxg04.jpg
It's OK though, there's a new party every day :3

LCSaturday
09-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Pretty sure LC had a "Blast" on your Galleon.

Eros maybe LC
09-28-2014, 01:51 AM
i see the cannon reference.

Sigman
09-28-2014, 02:09 AM
I had fun, how about you?

Maelstrom Miles
09-28-2014, 06:37 AM
Yea it was fun. We lost the Galleon to ♥♥♥♥ty game mechanics in the harbor to a guild with more than 5 times our numbers but it wont happen again. We learned a lot from that run but good on you guys for taking advantage of the situation. See you on the battlefield even if you guys swarm the hell outta us haha

Solaris Han
09-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Destroying your Galleon, the Mothership was fun ^.^
Although I feel bad for you guys, it'll be awhile until anyone has 20k Alch, and those things are damn expensive

MyllianaLC
09-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Like Kitten Said it was realy a blast to be on that Galleon =D

Yiko
09-28-2014, 09:34 AM
The zerg got zerged? wowzers.

Maelstrom Miles
09-29-2014, 07:50 AM
Don't really know how we are classified as a zerg but ok.

Anyways…it has forced us to push someone to 20k alchemy as fast as possible to get that big boat back on the ocean. It will be out rolling soon enough. Would love to fight LC again but I just really don't think even with our Galleon our numbers will be able to compete. Such is the life of open world pvp zergfest.

If you have questions regarding recruitment hit up the contacts from the guild list. See you guys on the battlefield!

Solaris Han
09-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Don't really know how we are classified as a zerg but ok.

Anyways…it has forced us to push someone to 20k alchemy as fast as possible to get that big boat back on the ocean. It will be out rolling soon enough. Would love to fight LC again but I just really don't think even with our Galleon our numbers will be able to compete. Such is the life of open world pvp zergfest.

If you have questions regarding recruitment hit up the contacts from the guild list. See you guys on the battlefield!

At least you're being a good sport about it, I know there are probably far more people that would just be straight up raging

Shaquisha
09-29-2014, 09:14 AM
The one time we fought you guys you had about 40 people vs our 6. Last I checked that would be a zerg. But your zerg defiantly pails in comparison to LC they have like 550 members. However LC are pretty terrible so they need those numbers.

LokiTricksterGod
09-29-2014, 09:18 AM
The one time we fought you guys you had about 40 people vs our 6. Last I checked that would be a zerg. But your zerg defiantly pails in comparison to LC they have like 550 members. However LC are pretty terrible so they need those numbers.

At the time we fought, there were about 15 of us, 3 groups in a raid. But yes, almost triple the amount of people you had with you so I can see the confusion.

Nodoze
09-29-2014, 12:22 PM
GL on getting her afloat again. Wish you guys had an Eastern chapter as you all seem to be one of the more honorable (& fun) Mercs out there.

Blimps
09-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Hey there,

Just want to thank both Bic and Eab for taking me along on the journey from Dewstone to Austera. You guys were great.

Bic and Eab are a couple of conscientious players. I needed help getting a quest completed and they were kind enough to help. Bic explained that this quest required us to go into hostile territory and that I would be in for a fight as soon as we got close to the region. Sure enough, There were several enemy players waiting to rob players like me of my hard-earned loot. I will come back stronger and make sure that they learn their lesson one day!

Thanks for the fun. If you guys are looking to recruit, I'd be happy to join up.

Eabegne
09-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Hey there,

Just want to thank both Bic and Eab for taking me along on the journey from Dewstone to Austera. You guys were great.

Bic and Eab are a couple of conscientious players. I needed help getting a quest completed and they were kind enough to help. Bic explained that this quest required us to go into hostile territory and that I would be in for a fight as soon as we got close to the region. Sure enough, There were several enemy players waiting to rob players like me of my hard-earned loot. I will come back stronger and make sure that they learn their lesson one day!

Thanks for the fun. If you guys are looking to recruit, I'd be happy to join up.

Glad to help. If you are interested in joining contact miles or eab in game and we'll have a chat.

Erkekjetter
09-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say a big thank you to Bic and co. for helping me finish the trade quest across the sea. Very helpful, courteous, VERY quick and professional. Very upfront, they did what was asked, and are cheap!
Big ups! Would recommend them highly and ask them for sea trade routes in the near future!

Maelstrom Miles
10-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Thank you for using our services everyone. Feel free to hit us up at any time or check our subreddit as well.

Mystyrys
10-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Hello. I am in need of passage to Austera to complete the trade pack delivery for the large scarecrow farm quest. My in game name is Mystykyl or Jubilation. I will try to contact one of you next time I am online. I am USA Central and I do not play during prime time evening hours (RL family time) so it would be late night or during the day, whichever is more convenient.

Nodoze
10-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Mystyrys, I would take that offline (you can send an in forum PM) as there are pirates who are watching for trips like this and paying cash for those that tip them off... I don't know how serious these Pirate folk really are about looking for leads and you may not be a big enough target but regardless I would use caution... Post your success afterward & give a good word for the Mercenaries that gave you good service but don't post anywhere public more details than you need to prior to the mission...

Eabegne
10-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Hello. I am in need of passage to Austera to complete the trade pack delivery for the large scarecrow farm quest. My in game name is Mystykyl or Jubilation. I will try to contact one of you next time I am online. I am USA Central and I do not play during prime time evening hours (RL family time) so it would be late night or during the day, whichever is more convenient.

Hey there Mystyrys,

Please contact us in game if possible and we will try and set something up. We are primarily active in the evening but i think we can find some people and time to get this done for you.

eab

BicZero
10-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Wonderful night tonight, repaired the galleon and blew up some ships. All in all, good times were had.

LokiTricksterGod
10-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Wonderful night tonight, repaired the galleon and blew up some ships. All in all, good times were had.

For us :P

Mystyrys, I would take that offline (you can send an in forum PM) as there are pirates who are watching for trips like this and paying cash for those that tip them off... I don't know how serious these Pirate folk really are about looking for leads and you may not be a big enough target but regardless I would use caution... Post your success afterward & give a good word for the Mercenaries that gave you good service but don't post anywhere public more details than you need to prior to the mission...

While this is totally a concern in terms of piracy, the fact that no times are discussed outside of game, i see this as a non-issue regarding interception. A few hours is a huge window of time on the open sea. Pirates will always be abound, and if one were planning a very high-yield mission, then yes definitely keep that in game/voice comms.

LokiTricksterGod
10-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Also, we are still recruiting! As we get more and more people to 50, our naval killing machine will become a force to be reckoned with.

Shaquisha
10-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Maelstrom, is this how you perform for your clients? #MaelstromFearsPurpleDrank

http://i.imgur.com/VBe910U.jpg

Xtc
10-04-2014, 01:04 AM
GF Maelstrom was EZ though!

Maelstrom Miles
10-04-2014, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the free bumps guys! It was fun being camped by 11 lvl 50 Purple Drank guys while we had only 4 50s in our raid AND we had trade packs.

This was no client run just our own guild run. We came up there with 11 packs and managed to only lose 3 to this "elite" group of pirates. So good, so strong, much epeen! Not to mention after you guys came back for round 2 when we had no trade packs AND we were fighting LC and DB you guys still were so horrible. Get it together PD...thought you guys were better than that.

I know this request will just blow right by you because you are a bunch of trolls and scrubs but in the future please try to keep all troll posts out of the recruitment and ad threads. If you still feed you must troll us please start a new thread to call us out but get your facts straight.

bitterlol
10-04-2014, 08:26 AM
We turned in a lot more than 3 packs but whatever helps you sleep at night while you're cuddled up with the Nui statue.

Fun but ez.

iLician
10-04-2014, 09:50 AM
We took atleast 7 packs from you, and we had 7 people round two and still wrecked you guys by just outplaying you.

Shaquisha
10-04-2014, 09:54 AM
We came back and purged our island of the filth Maelstrom, LC, DB. We wrecked you all.

But yes you did manage to keep your packs. Sitting at a Nui stone for two hours does make it hard to get your packs. Hope your guild enjoyed their night of camping the Nui stone!

Nodoze
10-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Miles, Check you PMs...

BicZero
10-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Miles, Check you PMs...

He won't be on till Monday, sadly.

7Shadows
10-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Hey guys, Check out my thread here http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?77723, Are you the guild for me? How is your voice chat? Is it constant F bombs? It's cool if a few get let loose here and there I do it myself but when its the 15 year kids trying to act cool and its f-ity f, f , f, f, f, f, f then that's no so cool I have a 4 year old son... Thanks :)

Nodoze
10-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Hey guys, Check out my thread here http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?77723, Are you the guild for me? How is your voice chat? Is it constant F bombs? It's cool if a few get let loose here and there I do it myself but when its the 15 year kids trying to act cool and its f-ity f, f , f, f, f, f, f then that's no so cool I have a 4 year old son... Thanks :)7Shadows,

I only spent one mission on their Mumble VOIP so I can only speak to that time but I found them fun yet working hard to be well coordinated on their mission. They willfully curtailed their language for the mission as I wanted my daughters' characters to get their 16x16s and thought it would be fun for them to hear a Mercenary team in action protecting them even though they were "red" to us so after discussing before hand I had them on THX surround sound with daughter & my wife nearby and can attest that no one got their mouths washed out with soap (I am pretty sure my wife even smiled at one of their jokes but she won't admit it)...

That being said from what I observed, while they certainly aren't F-bombing just to F-bomb, I got the impression that they are regular fun loving gents and do have some colorful language including some irreverent humor as is typical in almost every guild chat I have ever been in. As a retired Naval Officer I literally know what it is like to 'cuss like a sailor' and they are no where near that level but if you are going to have wife/kids coming in/out regularly you likely will need to play with a headset on or have guild chat in just one ear so everyone can continue to let their hair down. If you previously used to cuss a lot (like I used to) you will maybe need to discipline yourself to not return back to those ways as that is normal with guy activities (poker nights, gaming, etc)...

Regarding fit, from what I read in your post it looks like you are looking for a 'Paladin Council' type guild and I am not sure if there are any like that on AA anywhere yet (East or West) though if I come across one I will post about it (and would appreciate you posting as well if you come across one). I got the impression they are certainly loyal to their customers and honorable in their transactions but didn't get the impression that they were striving to be Paladin types...

Miles, Bic, Eab and team can speak for themselves but those were my impressions from my limited time with them (in summary a very favorable fun loving Mercenary focused group that I would hire again). If you want more info on the mission you could read here:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?79159-lt-Maelstrom-gt-Guild-Trustworth-even-Cross-Faction.-Server-First-documented-cross-Faction-job-complete.

Maelstrom Miles
10-05-2014, 04:51 PM
7shadows...if you are interested in the guild please contact Eab, Bic, or myself ingame. We might not be a "paladin" type guild but we do hold our ideal of Mercenary work very high. Our open recruitment is coming to a close and will soon require a reference or application process. We do have colorful language but I absolutely do not tolerate racist or aggressive comments. Again if interested please contact us in game and we can discuss it more in depth.

Maelstrom Miles
10-07-2014, 06:49 AM
We are very close to our recruitment goal. Only about 10 spots left till we shut down open recruitment. We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Maelstrom Miles
10-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Open recruitment is now closed. If you would like to join <Maelstrom> please see our first post to apply through our forums.

Maelstrom Miles
10-10-2014, 01:15 PM
We have closed our open recruitment but our mercenary contracts are available. If you need anything please let us know.

hibiki6
10-13-2014, 12:39 PM
didnt you get killed by 3 50s and 2 pirates all wearing trade packs...when u had like 2 more people than them. Then jesus got sent to jail...JESUS!!! Dx

nescria
10-13-2014, 01:00 PM
when was this lol ? in fact who even are you ? one those other nobody's ? but for your peace of mind
http://i.imgur.com/0ri3wrv.jpg
RIP lgod's galleon

hibiki6
10-13-2014, 01:02 PM
when was this lol ? in fact who even are you ? one those other nobody's ? but for your peace of mind
http://i.imgur.com/0ri3wrv.jpg
RIP lgod's galleon

last night on freedich was miles and a couple of his guildies trying to farm packs.

nescria
10-13-2014, 01:07 PM
oh you are that pirate who isnt good enough to join purple drank, farm packs lol ,maybe they were packs that were stolen but that ♥♥♥♥ happens on freedick all the time its stupid to bother posting ♥♥♥♥ about people in battles with anything under 20 people. if someone thinks they are bad ♥♥♥ because they killed 6 or 7 people then big ♥♥♥♥ing deal.

LokiTricksterGod
10-13-2014, 01:12 PM
last night on freedich was miles and a couple of his guildies trying to farm packs.

Yeah, we were involved in that fight, we were hella unorganized during that. Half of the group were across the island when we started engaging the group of 3+G/2P's. Last night was merely just a pass the time kind of thing, nothing organized in the least. Not at that time though, I logged shortly after that.

ShaquishaPD
10-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Yeah, we were involved in that fight, we were hella unorganized during that. Half of the group were across the island when we started engaging the group of 3+G/2P's. Last night was merely just a pass the time kind of thing, nothing organized in the least. Not at that time though, I logged shortly after that.

Loki, every time Maelstrom loses you guys say you were unorganized. It begs the question, have you guys ever been organized? Also does it really take organization to kill 5 randoms?

nescria
10-13-2014, 01:19 PM
you obviously don't understand what loki is saying, we don't sit around and baby sit every individual doing there thing, we organize groups for activities on occasion like for a contract. if miles and a few were hanging out at freedick then its because they are dicking about.

and should a remind you of the other night where you ran into a group of mael and pornstars and your whole group was wiped there in sand deep adn sent to jail, i must say it was pretty unorganized of you guys to rush in 1 at a time........

LokiTricksterGod
10-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Loki, every time Maelstrom loses you guys say you were unorganized. It begs the question, have you guys ever been organized? Also does it really take organization to kill 5 randoms?

You're right, we are more often unorganized than not during these spur of the moment 4-7 man groups. Last night being no exception, but we have had our share of organized groups that pay/turn out much better. At least I'm not resorting to just calling other people bad and recognize the fault in which it lies.

With that, I'm also not going to argue with you on whether a group of 5, or even 1, randoms takes orginization. Each situation is typically different when factoring in player skill/gear level.

ShaquishaPD
10-13-2014, 01:39 PM
you obviously don't understand what loki is saying, we don't sit around and baby sit every individual doing there thing, we organize groups for activities on occasion like for a contract. if miles and a few were hanging out at freedick then its because they are dicking about.

and should a remind you of the other night where you ran into a group of mael and pornstars and your whole group was wiped there in sand deep adn sent to jail, i must say it was pretty unorganized of you guys to rush in 1 at a time........

I wasn't there so I can't comment or be reminded, but I agree that sounds dumb... which really tells me it had to be one of the fng. Though I don't know who you would have killed in Sandeep... who was rushing in one at a time? I should also note that I love how every single western guild that claims to do anything noteworthy always has to include another guild because they are too terrible alone to do anything. The east is so much better than the west.

P.S. We have never been 'organized'. Everything we do is "Hey lets go do this... <throw out an invite> and go do it. Maybe we should host some events so we can get organized. Fishing trip anyone?

LokiTricksterGod
10-13-2014, 01:41 PM
I wasn't there so I cant comment, but agree that sounds dumb.

P.S. We have never been 'organized'. Everything we do is "Hey lets go do this... <throw out an invite> and go do it. Maybe we should host some events so we can get organized. Fishing trip anyone?

You have my axe...

... And my rod.

PS: You found my weakness. I'll go fishing any time, anywhere, with anyone! Specially if you chum the waters :D

Maelstrom Miles
10-13-2014, 08:39 PM
The funny thing is that Chibi is trying to say we are "bad" or whatever but die or live we still took the 4 trade packs your little group brought in and we got the turn in. Thanks for the free gilda stars and hopefully we will see you out there again. I had a blast turning those packs in anyways.

hibiki6
10-13-2014, 09:42 PM
The funny thing is that Chibi is trying to say we are "bad" or whatever but die or live we still took the 4 trade packs your little group brought in and we got the turn in. Thanks for the free gilda stars and hopefully we will see you out there again. I had a blast turning those packs in anyways.

had 6,u got 3 i think. and one was because i didnt bother to get it from the shore. So yeah you may of gotten 3 2g trade packs. But i sent one of your guildies to jail for an hour....so yeah. Come at me?

nescria
10-13-2014, 09:59 PM
lol i had to include pornstars because they hate us all so much as is they might e said if i didnt give them any credit and actually the groups were pretty even, it doesn't really matter who was working together its the fact we were each killing each other and stopped mid fight to kill you guys instead. maybe it was hellswamp though but it was the same night xtc got 500+ minutes

Maelstrom Miles
10-14-2014, 05:17 AM
lol Chibi...I definantly got 4 from you guys because I made a comment last night on mumble "why are these only worth 3 gilda" then realized people been turning that pack in like mad. Don't act tough because you got a kill. It is pretty easy to kill someone if you keep rushing back from the Nui. We accomplished our objective of taking the majority of your trade packs so it is a win in my book :D The pvp kill number means nothing if you can't do what you came to do, unless of course you only came to kill. Which you didn't.

hibiki6
10-14-2014, 06:25 AM
lol Chibi...I definantly got 4 from you guys because I made a comment last night on mumble "why are these only worth 3 gilda" then realized people been turning that pack in like mad. Don't act tough because you got a kill. It is pretty easy to kill someone if you keep rushing back from the Nui. We accomplished our objective of taking the majority of your trade packs so it is a win in my book :D The pvp kill number means nothing if you can't do what you came to do, unless of course you only came to kill. Which you didn't.

we only had 6? 3 were lost,1 was lost then recovered. Why are you trying to avoid the fact that 2 under leveled greens 2 fresh 50 greens. And 2 quest geared pirates were able to own and fight off all of you with packs on? I was only come to told to bring my pack and put it down at the place for the guy to turn it in. Which i succeeded in,they expected only 1 of the packs to make it,but they got 3 in. So yeah,you guys got owned and you cant take that in xD.

Maelstrom Miles
10-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Say what you will Chibi but you didn't turn in anything lets just be honest here. I will not make excuses like you do. Sure there are times when we get our butts kicked but we didn't lose that fight for sure. I with I had taken a screenshot of taking your packs and the ensuing mails I received. It is ok though. I just wanted to explain the situation to you but your delusions of lost packs blinds you from the truth. Please reply to this so that <Maelstrom> continues to get free bumps :D

hibiki6
10-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Say what you will Chibi but you didn't turn in anything lets just be honest here. I will not make excuses like you do. Sure there are times when we get our butts kicked but we didn't lose that fight for sure. I with I had taken a screenshot of taking your packs and the ensuing mails I received. It is ok though. I just wanted to explain the situation to you but your delusions of lost packs blinds you from the truth. Please reply to this so that <Maelstrom> continues to get free bumps :D

so first u got 4 of our packs..then 3...now u got all 6? logic? we got 15 gilda,you got like 9? So obviously packs were turned in. And idc if you get bunked,atleast it will be you being seen as a sore loser xD.

Maelstrom Miles
10-14-2014, 02:26 PM
First off, I never said we took 3, that was you. Second of all, yes we got 4. Not 6, I misspoke on that last post. Yes you got a few of yours turned in but we most certainly got 4 packs from you. Either way we hope to see you on the battlefield again. No one is being a sore loser here. Thanks for using the <Maelstrom> pack turn in express.

hibiki6
10-14-2014, 02:29 PM
First off, I never said we took 3, that was you. Second of all, yes we got 4. Not 6, I misspoke on that last post. Yes you got a few of yours turned in but we most certainly got 4 packs from you. Either way we hope to see you on the battlefield again. No one is being a sore loser here. Thanks for using the <Maelstrom> pack turn in express.

eh,means more easy honor points.

Astora
10-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Ignore chibis, he's just an attention ♥♥♥♥♥

hibiki6
10-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Ignore chibis, he's just an attention ♥♥♥♥♥

dont hate,and that should be my pirate guild name.

BicZero
10-14-2014, 06:46 PM
dont hate,and that should be my pirate guild name.

Those royalties, though...

Bats
10-14-2014, 07:51 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-hears a voice over the com-
"reds on the island, about 20-25"
"Okay"

-Maelstrom moves their ships carrying Vagabond in towards the Island-
"Move in! Stay with the group!"

-I look at the reds and think "What are we doing?! That looks like more than 20! We should have waited!"-
"Push in, stay with the group!"

-I see everyone's health start to drop... stunned... 1 of us drops...no...2 packs down.. I'm almost dead, healed, I look up and see 8 reds left..no 5 reds...2...-

"Vagabond, drop the packs! Turn them in!"

"We're on it."

"We recovered a pack!"

"Vagabond, Pick it up!'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Successful run.
We marched in carrying trade packs against a group of reds. Maelstrom was able to drive them off and keep them at bay while we turned in our packs.
We might have lost 1 pack, but with the amount we had, 1 pack is way less than we expected to lose. They even reimbursed us for the lost trade pack!
Without Maelstrom, Vagabond would never have made it.
Vagabond will definitely hire Maelstrom again. :D

nescria
10-14-2014, 08:48 PM
"Okay"

-I look at the reds and think "What are we doing?! That looks like more than 20! We should have waited!"-

-I see everyone's health start to drop... stunned... 1 of us drops...no...2 packs down.. I'm almost dead, healed, I look up and see 8 reds left..no 5 reds...2...-

"We're on it."

"We recovered a pack!"

"Vagabond, Pick it up!'

Successful run.
We marched in carrying trade packs against a group of reds. Maelstrom was able to drive them off and keep them at bay while we turned in our packs.
We might have lost 1 pack, but with the amount we had, 1 pack is way less than we expected to lose. Without Maelstrom, Vagabond would never have made it.

I am still disappointed i wasn't there to help protect you guys due to class, but i am really happy the peeps were able to take you guys on such a successful run, thanks again for sharing though.

SHRAP
10-15-2014, 12:07 AM
"Okay"

"We're on it."

"We recovered a pack!"

"Vagabond, Pick it up!'

Successful run.
We might have lost 1 pack, but with the amount we had, 1 pack is way less than we expected to lose. They even reimbursed us for the lost trade pack!
Without Maelstrom, Vagabond would never have made it.

LOL That's pretty much exactly how it went down too. Another successful contract. Glad you guys got all your packs turned in.

Honestly, I think the pack that was lost belonged to some other crew. Someone said "incoming packs from the south". We killed 6-7 reds and someone picked up a pack (on the opposite side of the island). I was escorting him back when we got pwned by a sea of red. We almost made it, but died like 50 feet shy of turn in. That pack was lost. I think that's the only one we lost and it didn't belong to Vagabond.

Maelstrom Miles
10-15-2014, 06:42 AM
It may very well had been that we recovered all of Vagabond's but just to be sure I refunded the money because I honestly couldn't say that wasn't ours. Either way it was a good run by everyone and hope to get many more like it.

Everyone listened on comms and thought I was crazy telling everyone to stay together and push forward towards the reds but they did as told and we got them turned in. We were going to stay and pvp after the job but 40-50 reds show up for backup and we decided that wasn't a good idea.

Great job to everyone at <Maelstrom> and thank you for the business <Vagabond>. We look forward to more business in the future.

Cerrano
10-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Just posting to say thanks to Maelstrom. I had an alt that needed the large scarecrow quest so I whispered Miles two nights ago and he set me up with a guild member to get that quest completed. Second time I've hired them. Did it on my main also.

-Riddick

SHRAP
10-15-2014, 12:18 PM
We communicate with the assumption that children are not listening, or at least I do. I swear in voice all the time. Use a headset. I stay out of comms most of the time though. I have prosthetic ears and I prefer it quiet.

Nodoze
10-15-2014, 12:30 PM
It may very well had been that we recovered all of Vagabond's but just to be sure I refunded the money because I honestly couldn't say that wasn't ours. Either way it was a good run by everyone and hope to get many more like it.

Everyone listened on comms and thought I was crazy telling everyone to stay together and push forward towards the reds but they did as told and we got them turned in. We were going to stay and pvp after the job but 40-50 reds show up for backup and we decided that wasn't a good idea.

Great job to everyone at <Maelstrom> and thank you for the business <Vagabond>. We look forward to more business in the future.Very cool to hear. Just goes to show what a coordinated force with first mover advantage can do too a larger force (until they recoop/regroup &/or summon reinforcements).

LokiTricksterGod
10-15-2014, 12:37 PM
The 1.7 changes to freedich are going to do wonders to the pack game there! I am EXCITE!

Nodoze
10-15-2014, 12:55 PM
7Shadows,

When I play I find that a lot of times my daughter, who is also 4 years, and my 6 year old son are sitting with me. I have yet to run across any language or content being spoken that I would have to keep my children from hearing.

I am sort of new to Maelstrom and I thoroughly enjoy playing with them as they are a very mature and fun loving guild.We communicate with the assumption that children are not listening, or at least I do. I swear in voice all the time. Use a headset. I stay out of comms most of the time though. I have prosthetic ears and I prefer it quite.Nickol, If your kids do play AA and they want to be on with other kids or on exclusively kid friendly voice chat you are welcome to contact Prif in game or PM me in the forums about you all joining <Creepers gonna Creep> (CGC). CGC is a kids and parents only guild at this point with 2 dads and 6 kids ages 7-13 IIRC. Basically the kids play much of AA like MineCraft & Farmland and do some exploring, trade runs, crafting, or PVE (most of the kids are in their 20s with a few at 30th level). I am going to leave at least one of my alts as an officer in the guild but will be pulling my mains out as I start to PVP just to not get the guild name associated with PVP. As a parent you would be welcome on vent anytime (it is available but optional) but wouldn't have to have a character in guild if you don't have any slots to spare. We do have a decent amount of land setup for guild and/or family access so if your kids are F2P don't have any land but want to raise some animals or what not I think we could help with that... Basically each of our current families have 3 accounts per family and all are currently patrons but we are in the process of converting some of our kid's accounts to F2P...

Otherwise I definitely would recommend a headset for general fun & freedom for those in almost any guild chat that I have been on.

The above being said, when discussed before hand, <Maelstrom> was willing to do a kid friendly mission... My 9 & 12 year old kids needed their 16x16 farms and since it was for them that we were doing the run I asked if they could listen in on the communications and Bic & crew agreed and did a good job moderating their communications. We even had 7 year olds listening briefly (they stopped by before brushing their teeth) with no issues... Being retired from the Navy I literally know how to curse like a sailor and old habits die hard so anytime I put on a headset I can slip myself but <Maelstrom> did great and the kids really enjoyed it...

SHRAP
10-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Thank you for your Service Nodoze. Army 12 years here.

I'm not an officer or anything, so I don't speak for the guild as a whole. But I've never heard anyone say that we can't swear because children are in chat. I'm sure if the contract required it we could keep it in check (as the previous contract did). But on a normal day I don't hold back my language. I'm guessing Miles could set up a chat channel where foul language is forbidden, but that's just an assumption.

Nodoze
10-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Thank you for your Service Nodoze. Army 12 years here.

I'm not an officer or anything, so I don't speak for the guild as a whole. But I've never heard anyone say that we can't swear because children are in chat. I'm sure if the contract required it we could keep it in check (as the previous contract did). But on a normal day I don't hold back my language. I'm guessing Miles could set up a chat channel where foul language is forbidden, but that's just an assumption.Shrap, Thank you for your service. I also like to be able to cut loose when raiding or PVPing so I understand (I will likely be using my headset when I move my main to a PVP guild). Bic moved us to a separate channel with only the client and mission members and I was on headset while they did the mission briefing and discussed the parameters. Only after everyone agreed to the challenge did I put the mission on speakers (<Maelstrom> was on on THX surround sound ;-) and they were making my girls giggle a lot by saying hi, introducing themselves, & telling clean jokes (my kids couldn't really talk back but could hear fine and literally Laugh Out Loud).

Maelstrom Miles
10-15-2014, 01:43 PM
We are here for you guys. If you require something specific, such as clean language, we are going to abide by the contract. We have built this guild to be at the service of our clients and will remain that way. We love to pvp and things get heated during it for sure, but if you were to listen to our comms during a pvp battle you hear clean and concise communication. Most of the leadership came from Eve Online and we know how to speak in a clear manor during our pvp ops. Most of the time it is a fun experience and our language does flow freely at times.

Moral of the story: We are here to help you get done what you want, for a price.

Bats
10-18-2014, 09:03 AM
I got a few screenshots this time, though I'm horrible at it, lol.

Here we go pushing in towards the traders.
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z445/ziggy103/maelstrom2.png

And here we are defending while we finish trading them in.
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z445/ziggy103/Maelstrom.png

All in all, successful. Went in expecting something, Maelstrom Delivered. :D
Maelstrom is just great at what they do.

Nemi the Free Spirit
10-20-2014, 01:36 AM
Back to the front

Zabrak
10-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Back to the front

You will do what I say when I say

BicZero
10-20-2014, 09:58 AM
You will do what I say when I say

You will die when I say, you must die

LokiTricksterGod
10-20-2014, 10:58 AM
You will die when I say, you must die

You will fish when I say, all must fish.

Maelstrom Miles
10-20-2014, 11:45 AM
You will fight when I say, everyone fights.

Maelstrom Nickol
10-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Nodoze,

To be fair I play from Italy so a lot of the time it's just me and a few people in mumble. I have experienced the language and if it does start I do just put on my headset.

At the time of the post I was and still am rather new to guild. I've removed the post because it was not an accurate statement and I appreciate the offer but I will be remaining with Maelstrom because they are a lot of fun to play with.

Thank you for your service!

Maelstrom Nickol
10-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Nodoze,

Also my daughter just gets on to ride around on the horse and point things out to me, which is a lot of fun in it's own right.

Maelstrom Miles
10-22-2014, 06:48 AM
1st post was just updated to now show the services we provide

Stugots
10-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Hey Maelstrom,

I am currently level 50 on Ollo server and I haven't really been having a great time with my guild. They are great people but more into farming/trade pack running etc and not so much into organized PvP or PvE. I was also a noob to AA at release and really wish that I rolled a different class so I had a few questions about your guild.

1. For starters would you guys be willing to take a reroll?
2. What size is your active player base?
3. Do you guys run GHA and group PvP regularly?

LokiTricksterGod
10-22-2014, 01:31 PM
@Stugots

To start off by answering your questions:

1) With open recruitment at a close, we now only accept players at/above level 30. But attaining that level is super easy and quick.
2) We are not LC, Instinct or anything like that. We are generally evening players, but typically have at least a handful or two of players on at any given point. Message Bic, Eab, Miles, or myself (Lokilaufeyson) in game for more details on this matter once you've reached level 30.
3) Right now, we do everything. Ranging from GHA to Hasla to organized trade runs. Honestly, if there's something you feel like doing, chances are at least a couple others will join you.

You can check out our forums when you are ready to apply. The link is within my signature.

Nodoze
10-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Thanks <Maelstrom> for another successful mission. I found some prime real estate coming up for demolition in a PVP zone during war time and was concerned that I would get ganked when I tried to claim it...

Was concerned that if I hired someone who was not trustworthy they could just kill me and take the property...

<Maelstrom> showed up in force ahead of the demo time and cleared the area of all potential challengers and then protected me while I claimed it and then built it to make it private.

Thanks again gents!

Beo
10-23-2014, 05:00 AM
This is my swamp.

Nodoze
10-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Nodoze,

To be fair I play from Italy so a lot of the time it's just me and a few people in mumble. I have experienced the language and if it does start I do just put on my headset.

At the time of the post I was and still am rather new to guild. I've removed the post because it was not an accurate statement and I appreciate the offer but I will be remaining with Maelstrom because they are a lot of fun to play with.

Thank you for your service!Nickol, I didn't go back and reread my previous post but wanted to be clear that it was in no way an attempt to induce you to move your main character from Maelstrom. We play on the East but if I was on the West and looking for a guild I would definitely look to Maelstrom first as they seem like a lot of fun...

Since you mentioned your kids were involved some in the game I was mainly trying to let you know that there is an actual kid's guild on the server that is only kids and parents and your kids would be welcome there to do farming or what not (we mainly do farming & trade runs in non-pvp areas with the kids & we have lots of land set to guild/family use for kids to farm). My reference for you having an alternate character in the guild was just so you could keep tabs on guild chat and what not if/when you ever wanted to or if you wanted to have an alternate character dedicated to farming and what not with your kids. As far as I know it is the only exclusively kid's/parent's guild on the server (currently 6 kids ages 7-12 & 2 dads). Both families have at least 3 accounts with 3 characters per account (some have 4) so in addition to kid's characters we have lots of alts for various farming/crafting/etc.

Regarding main characters I personally plan to move at last one main out of the parent's/kid's guild into a large PVP guild so I can take part in large (hopefully epic) battles once I get one to 50 so definitely would not be trying to recruit folk's main characters here for PVP.

Thanks for the thanks and wishing you the best of times to you and yours!

BicZero
10-25-2014, 04:44 PM
To the top with you!

Maelstrom Miles
10-27-2014, 08:29 AM
We are opening recruitment again after much talks in order to get prepared for contracts coming with the Auroria release. If you are interested in hiring or joining us PM Bic, Eab, or myself and we can get you more info. We are still taking bids on contracts for castle sieges for Auroria to provide the manpower you need.

LokiTricksterGod
10-29-2014, 11:21 AM
To the top with thee! Please check out the first post to see more details on the services we offer!

Blimps
10-31-2014, 04:28 PM
bumping for a gg guild that I've now joined after using and receiving some great services.

Nemi the Free Spirit
11-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Back to the top, recruitment is still open and currently getting ready for Auroria!

LokiTricksterGod
11-03-2014, 02:04 PM
With Auroria releasing tomorrow. The call to arms will grow. Join us if you want to take part in the coming mercenary contracts for castle sieges and defenses. Join us and skip the whole chaos that is farming pebbles while still having all the PvP in the world!

Also, come fish with us!

Maelstrom Miles
11-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Still recruiting active and pvp focused people. Pvp is the best part of the game so why not get paid to do that? PM here or in game for more info.

LokiTricksterGod
11-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Alright, back to daily business Ezi. If you need extra-manpower, get at us! Or, if you want to join us hit us up in game, PM via forums, or apply directly on our forums (link in my sig)

ShaquishaPD
11-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Still recruiting active and pvp focused people. Pvp is the best part of the game so why not get paid to do that? PM here or in game for more info.

Do you pay the people who help with the protection runs? How much on average do your players make on a protection run?

LokiTricksterGod
11-06-2014, 01:57 PM
It all depends on the contract. For example, some trade runs we've done solely for pack worth at 2-5g per pack early on, and that was kept for guild stores and events. But some others we do indeed split between participants from the guild. It's a case by case situation.

As for average on protection run, since there is no set fee currently, its all negotiated at the time of contract creation. Hard to give a direct answer on this one.

Maelstrom Miles
11-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Still recruiting pvp focused individuals.