PDA

View Full Version : Custom Crests

BlockSpiration
09-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Hello all, ever since I noticed that one could create custom crests, I had decided to do one too.
This is first time I am making a crest, and it turns out to be quite a charm!

However I am not sure with the copyright rules as I had personally drewn this in Photoshop.
Therefore, I will not be using it on anything until it is deemed acceptable for use.

Lee Sin Crest:

[Higher Resolution]

[Lower Resolution: Actual In Game Size]

Im giving away the Lee Sin Crest Inks for free! Tell me your IGN and I'll have it mailed to you!

If you liked the crest or know whether this is against the copyright rules let me know!

COMMISSIONS
NOTE: I WILL ONLY TRADE THE STAMPS AND NOT WITH THE EQUIPMENTS! SERVICES ONLY IN INOCH[NA][EAST CONTINENT] AND LUCIUS[NA][WEST CONTINENT]
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST SOMETHING THAT WILL INFRINGE COPYRIGHT
Ill try to complete the requests ASAP.
Sometimes orders have to wait as AH might be out of [CREST BRAINSTORMS] at the time being.
Sometimes i might have to change the request or cancel it (but not cancel it halfway through) due to reasons.
Commissions could take more than a week depending, sorry for that!

Block Heads:
Prices for this can range from around 10 gold to 15 gold depending of the complexity of request!

Crest Designs:
Prices for this can range from around 8 gold to 12 gold depending of the complexity of request!

Prices can raise or deflate dependant on the prices of the crest brainstorm in AH.

Others:
Still looking onto it, be sure to stay tuned!

CURRENT AMOUNT OF REQUEST SLOTS AVAILABLE: 2

REQUEST FORM

IGN:

TYPE: [CREST/CUBE HEAD]

DESCRIPTION OF REQUEST:

OTHERS:

CBMerling
09-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Don't think that it would be a copyright problem (fair use). It isn't original, as it has a likeness to Lee Sin from League of Legends. Now if you had that same crest, even drawn up by you, and tried to sell it for gain/profit. Then yes, it could have copyright problems.

I'm not an expert on the subject though, just my two cents. Guessing there are several crests in ArcheAge that take likeness to something owned by someone else. Eitherway, nice looking work.

Machiavellian
09-22-2014, 01:52 PM
I do not know what this is, some sort of rag for infront of the eyes...? or bacon....
Maybe some clarification XD?

And about the copyright issue, if you draw it exactly or even closely like the real thing you will be violating the copyright. But if you use the design and remake it into something new it is yours.
Copyright will be automatically applied (if proven new) due to the Berner convention and stay forever unless you die and 50 years pass.

Edit: Giving that a second look it is the rag of lee sin.... XD Might be a bit too close to the original rags with just another image put over it.

Ruumatsuku
09-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Well, I know everyone has been uploading copyrighted material but for personal use only…
No you shouldn't have to worry. Copyright infringement only applies when trying to sell it to gain a profit.

BlockSpiration
09-23-2014, 06:32 AM
Well, I know everyone has been uploading copyrighted material but for personal use only…
No you shouldn't have to worry. Copyright infringement only applies when trying to sell it to gain a profit.

Alright then, thanks!

BlockSpiration
09-27-2014, 11:01 AM
(Bump) Thread updated! I am accepting commissions!