PDA

View Full Version : EU GameMaster Petition

Wiken
09-23-2014, 01:41 AM
Id like to see a petition for a EU GameMaster to prevent spamming from GoldSellers and get ridd of them in realtime...

Respected and well known player with low or nothing in pay that does it out of pure intents to get ridd of these gold sellers. I feel as this chat spam has gone way too far with out trion doing much about it... now trion needs us to help them.

Am i alone in my sentiment? Thoughts? Ideas to improve my idea?

Huzter
09-23-2014, 02:37 AM
Id like to see a petition for a EU GameMaster to prevent spamming from GoldSellers and get ridd of them in realtime...

Respected and well known player with low or nothing in pay that does it out of pure intents to get ridd of these gold sellers. I feel as this chat spam has gone way too far with out trion doing much about it... now trion needs us to help them.

Am i alone in my sentiment? Thoughts? Ideas to improve my idea?

Ya that will help but for sure they don't choice gm like this.....

I think its better to do a chat in zones......its very full with sellers....and its better if trion can track and wisphers and ban and some accounts what buy gold....and after we willnsee who will buy.....

Wiken
09-23-2014, 02:56 AM
They choose GMs like this in other similar games.. i dont see how this would be any different :P

Taar
09-23-2014, 03:28 AM
Giving players the ability to ban other players in a game like AA is not the best idea. Spambots are very probably created and operated fully automated. So this would be an uphill battle in any case. The only solution short of making AA patron only is to ban low level F2P accounts from all general chat. A longer term solution could be to make a somewhat involved and non bottable questline including some captchas with which they earn the right to chat and at the same time prove that a human is at the keyboard. Short term a captcha for every 5 messages for F2P accounts < lvl 15 or so would help also. This would not remove them completely, but reduce their number sufficiently to effectively have an impact with banning,

Muffine
09-23-2014, 04:29 AM
+1 Taar.

=> only "whisper" / "guild" / "family" allow for all char under lv 15 (for all players , patron include).
=> random Captcha while mining or spamming (sure it will be for all players :/ but we can't avoid that if we want to reduce boting/spamming).
=> improuve bot monitoring (i know : easy to say, hard to do)

Good luck Trion ;)

GummiBear
09-23-2014, 08:42 AM
=> only "whisper" / "guild" / "family" allow for all char under lv 15 (for all players , patron include).
Will take a bit less than 30 mins to reach, and will put off a LOT of potential new players

=> random Captcha while mining or spamming (sure it will be for all players :/ but we can't avoid that if we want to reduce boting/spamming).
bots can be made that can do captcha though is a bit more advanced, but this for sure will put off a LOT more players than your first suggestion

=> improuve bot monitoring (i know : easy to say, hard to do)
well duh but not that easy to do yeah

So yeah 2 will do more harm than good and then 3rd i am pretty darn sure they are already and will constantly be working on

Manta de Ahsoka
09-23-2014, 09:01 AM
In this other game i used to play, they had player moderators that were trusted by the community that had minor administrative powers within the game.

They could flag an account for spam or inappropriate name for deletion. This would cause the player in question to get a debuff stopping them from talking at all and puts them in the underground jail cell.

I would like to see something like this implemented.

Seeth
09-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Make a special chat channel for it. Let them have a spam war there.

Those interested in buying will find it. The rest of us will just leave it.

Wiken
09-23-2014, 11:30 PM
In this other game i used to play, they had player moderators that were trusted by the community that had minor administrative powers within the game.

They could flag an account for spam or inappropriate name for deletion. This would cause the player in question to get a debuff stopping them from talking at all and puts them in the underground jail cell.

I would like to see something like this implemented.

I agree, this would be the most efficiant and cheapest way to deal with bots and gold sellers imo.

Wafalls
09-24-2014, 01:06 AM
More GMs would be nice to have, but taking them from the player base is inevitably going to lead to conflict and potential unfair play. If the GM tools are strong - which they should be - then they might get abused. Even if they are not, they are going to make people uneasy because people will think they are strong.

As an example, imagine if a member of votf is made GM.

Yeah...

Think about that for a moment.

Bertabear
09-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Player mods would be awesome! Even if it is only to stop the spamming, gold selling, and botting. It could be minimal power and any "boot" would be reviewed by TRION employees. Just a temporary stop until activity is determined by TRION to be one of the above. Also, if PMs abuse, they lose their ability. Runescape did this very well when I played it and it went a long way. Just my 2 cents :)

Tia
09-25-2014, 11:59 PM
We need real GM's, for more than just gold spam: teleport trade, farming bots and more, afk exploiters, endless spam (not just gold selling), ...
This has to be a full time job, for those who are willing to pay more if needed.
"It's like this in every MMO" it's an unacceptable excuse. Ignore this situation and the game will end being empty. I expect quality service, not this.