PDA

View Full Version : The 1 vs 1 Battleground Thread

Wolfi
09-23-2014, 01:56 AM
who do you love to fight? who do you hate to fight?

This Thread is all about the 1 Vs 1 Arena :D

So far Player Snow impressed me the most in the Arena rly good player.

Stuck In Marmalade
09-23-2014, 02:13 AM
Akiden and Ultimate are the 2 that I find the most difficult to face. Only ones who seems to know how to play Darkrunner.

Kittens
09-23-2014, 02:38 AM
Ultimate is a nubcake

/nufsaid

PS: if you post names please add their class

Stuck In Marmalade
09-23-2014, 02:51 AM
Didnt think it was necessary as I mentioned they were darkrunners. But added mine.

Ollerus
09-23-2014, 02:54 AM
I'll begin doing my arena marathon runs probably in less than a month or so. Can't do things like I did on alpha, since I have 140 ping instead of 50 lol. But should still be well enough to wreck.

Laoche
09-24-2014, 02:29 AM
Wish the 1v1 queue was faster

whysoemo
09-24-2014, 02:45 AM
Sad that the queues are so long for 1v1 though :(
At this rate you prolly get more honor by doing 5v5 with the instaqueues.

Kittens
09-24-2014, 03:01 AM
^ exactly the Reason why i cant say anything about current 1vs1 Queens or why so less ppl are mentioned that are good.
5vs5 is the way to go at the moment, and i enjoy it beside world pvp. Once 1vs1 Queues are fixed and i need a Honor im going to camp 1vs1 all day long

Ollerus
09-24-2014, 03:22 AM
Right now all pvp is kids throwing pebbles at each other. Showing skill with pebbles means nothing. Once it becomes more like people shooting rockets at each other will the skilled players begin to differentiate themselves.

Finrodi
09-24-2014, 05:15 AM
So once people start to one shot everyone instead of just every 2nd match is where the skilled players begin to differentiate themselves? :p
Not saying that will be the case but according to your post it seems like that's how it will be in the end.

Kittens
09-24-2014, 05:34 AM
He probaly speaking about specific Situations like Archery users that need Gear before being viable in 1vs1 vs Melee's that 1 shot even with Quest Weapon.

Ollerus
09-24-2014, 05:44 AM
Avoiding one shots takes more skill than sitting there wailing on eachother, anyway.

Kekkeman
09-24-2014, 05:49 AM
Haven't played too much 1v1s but the only player that really stood out was "Kitteh" or something, a darkrunner I think..

Kittens
09-24-2014, 07:26 AM
TBH its difficult to notice good Dark Runners if most of them run the shadowstep into sleep combo, thats why i find the measure of skill better in 5vs5 or Open World.
Ultinoob still good tho

Laoche
09-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Haven't played too much 1v1s but the only player that really stood out was "Kitteh" or something, a darkrunner I think..

Fairly sure he is a shadowblade. But yeah he seems to be fairly decent.

I don't really like the thought of waiting for people to get gear. Some people just wont have it and then you probably get gearwins all over the place. Doesn't seem very balanced to me. But then again I also would prefer it if potions and stuff were disabled too.

HidekiG
09-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Swiftstone: Pi
Darkrunner: Ultimate
Templar/Blighter: Fibsii
Templar: Kodex

Akiden
10-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Akiden and Ultimate are the 2 that I find the most difficult to face. Only ones who seems to know how to play Darkrunner.

Thanks for the compliment!! I don't really do 1v1 much as of the queues, But I enjoy them quite a bit. 5's are just more stable at the moment and with a good team are a breeze (plus give you very good group pvp experience).

WolfsRain
10-07-2014, 06:43 PM
I do enjoy 1v1's even tough I feel like im severaly behind in most matches as a shadowblade(with quest gear, working on that).

However, the past couple of days I have been getting so much lag spikes(even tough I live in Amsterdam and should have 7-8 ping to the server lol). Sometimes I even miss my giant ♥♥♥ fear while on my screen the guy is right in it, a second later he is somewhere else completely.

Queues are good after like 12-1 btw, if you stay up that late.

I have seen several good players(apart from the ones playing the fotm builds, im not that impressed by those, defilers, hexblades).

I should probably switch Darkrunner but ♥♥♥♥ it, more fun to get good at Shadowblade even tough its quite inferior in most 1v1 setups.

Akiden
10-07-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm leveling witchcraft so i can be shadowblade for a bit, it just seems a little more interesting than darkrunner (even though darkrunner is my go to class).

I'll check out the queues at that time on weekends, bit to late for me during the week. Plus those lag spikes seem to be server unable to hold itself up.

Melancholy
10-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I have seen several good players(apart from the ones playing the fotm builds, im not that impressed by those, defilers, hexblades).

I should probably switch Darkrunner but ♥♥♥♥ it, more fun to get good at Shadowblade even tough its quite inferior in most 1v1 setups.

xdxdxdxdxd

MamaDosvidoss
10-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Типа решил выебнуться лучником на арене?)

xReorks
10-07-2014, 07:56 PM
да сейчас все катится чертовски лучник потому западное сообщество любит легком режиме и полный незадачливых людей, родившихся без рук.
Так или иначе, кто заботится о аренах, я играю для открытого мира ПвП не аренах.

An arena discussion is the last thing we need on kyprosa.
Get started with pvping in open world pretty please, expecially esterners, hasla is already a joke i won't bear for any longer.

arknor
10-07-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm to op for the arena so I don't wast my time.

/stone arrow stance
/freedrich portal

gevr
10-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Myucel - Shadowblade

Even though you played my direct counter you completely overwhelmed me and I'm sure you do the same with a lot of people.

WolfsRain
10-08-2014, 04:51 AM
xdxdxdxdxd

You think Shadowblade is a fotm build? Hardly.

I have done so many arena's and 5v5 arena's. The amount of shadowblades is REALLY low compared to darkrunners, blighters, abolishers, primeval, stone arrows and daggerspells. Hell I even see more defilers. So, not sure what the fun here is buddy.

CookieNoyd
10-08-2014, 05:00 AM
Myucel - Shadowblade

Even though you played my direct counter you completely overwhelmed me and I'm sure you do the same with a lot of people.

Thanks ;) altho I don't think 1v1 arena is a good reference to ones skill. Only reason I go in it is for the fast honor :p

CookieNoyd
10-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Also, I think a thread like this is too early, most people dont have pots, dont have gear and dont have anything but hasla weapons pretty much. I don't often lose unless I ♥♥♥♥ up bigtime purely cuz nobody has resistances so its unfair to call skill out of these matchups.

On another note, I have yet to run into anyone that suprised me hard, only person I think is going to be really good with great gear is Phoa from Legion, he's the only primeval I run into so far that gives me a challenge every time. Mad props to him.