PDA

View Full Version : Property location question

Psynful
09-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Ok so, what do you guys think is the most economical thing to do with property and two characters.

Should I,
1) go rush the land with my second character and nab a spot close to my main character in hopes to max my footprint in that area.

2) go find a new bad ♥♥♥ location with my second character in order to have bases in separate areas of the map for resource planning.

3) make my second character on the opposing faction side and grab land there to have a footprint on both main maps.

Any opinions are cool with me. I will be rolling my alt tonight after work.

bspooky
09-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Not an expert by a long ways as only did open beta and played quite a bit with a good guild on another server before re-rolling on cali to be with some friends...

1) Unless you really want a thatched farmhouse (the 3,000 stone, 1500 iron, and 1500 logs is a bigger deal than the 50 gilda) or a clipper right away I wouldn't worry about your first rush to 15 gilda being on your main. Take your main, get 15 gilda following just the story quests and get a cottage design from mirage, go to your spot and either plop it down or wait for your alt to do the same and mail the plans to your main so you can plop both down next to each other. Now do farm quests and get at least one 16x16 scarecrow, maybe two using your alt. Or if you want a house, make one of the plans the cottage.

2) I had two "bases" on Saphira, plus guild locations I could have used. Spending time traveling or hereafterstones to portal between got real old real fast. I am a fan of a consolidated base. One place to farm. You can get all the ingredients at your farm and then go 5 areas away to make the trade pack. So pick your location for what you want climate wise, scenery wise, proximity to what you want to do, etc. and go for it.

3) Something to be said for this strat though with the availability of land this server has maybe concentrate on getting your first area set up. Even if you don't want to buy a character slot for a third alt your first gets the 16x16 and sells it to your main, delete your alt when you are all comfy and then create a new one for the other side. You can't transfer your trailblzer glider and stuff, nor your 8x8, but all the other stuff after selling the farm or cottage, mail to your main (and collect on your main, doh!) before deleting.

Spoonfed
09-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Well There is something to be said for being able to launch a sea voyage from strategic locations. But having a house 2 small and 2 large farms all in one area helps a lot with farming efficiently as well.

If you have a decent guild behind you, you can make use of other guild members strategically placed land as well assuming its open for guild use.

Psynful
09-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the info. My main currently has his cottage and small scarecrow set in dewstone plains right next to the ore hot spot and the coast line and as of last night , there was lots of land around it. As for the alt, I will have to go through the process of queing the old server to delete one of the characters, or buy a second expansion scroll.... idk. I will probably just delete an old character if que is not too bad tonight. That being said, if land is still open when my alt completes his story run, I will probably settle it there. If not, I will just look for a second sweet spot.

Lionhardt
09-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Might as well queue again for Tayhang. That's what I just did, wasn't a queue at the moment, and deleted one of my toons. I don't want to delete my 48 lol. Deleted my other alt though.