PDA

View Full Version : Just arrrived on Calleil last night....

Zafu
09-23-2014, 10:20 AM
and man, I'm glad I did.

I rolled on the East and experienced a good player base with lots of land there for the taking. Managed to get a place and scarecrow and looking forward to getting to know the community.

Timing of this servers birth is perfect. It appears we are getting a good mix of patron and f2p.

Would like to find a guild mostly focused on PvP, although obviously farming, crafting and pvp are important and fun aspects of the game.

If any new players or existing see this post, I highly recommend this server. You will find it far less of a hassle on all levels.

Cheers

Spoonfed
09-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Welcome. I look forward to our inevitable but glorious conflict.

Psynful
09-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Indeed. Same story here. Except west side. Glad I moved.

Zafu
09-23-2014, 11:38 AM
You know what's strange; in general chat all you see are complaints about Ques, lack of land, etc; but I post about this server as a solution and my experience from last night and not one reply and already on 6th page after 15 minutes. Seems people would rather complain than find solutions. /shrug

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?64881-For-those-frustrated-about-land-and-ques-Calleil-Server

Psynful
09-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Yup, I made a similar post telling folks there was plenty of land here. It was buried fast. Oh well, more land for us!

You know what's strange; in general chat all you see are complaints about Ques, lack of land, etc; but I post about this server as a solution and my experience from last night and not one reply and already on 6th page after 15 minutes. Seems people would rather complain than find solutions. /shrug

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?64881-For-those-frustrated-about-land-and-ques-Calleil-Server

Spoonfed
09-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Well, no wonder your post were buried. They were neither negative nor poisonous. Post like that just don't fly around here.

Psynful
09-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Touché

Well, no wonder your post were buried. They were neither negative nor poisonous. Post like that just don't fly around here.

TattedSoul
09-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Welcome to the server.

Dahk72
09-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Exact same here. Rerolled from Kyrios , went East , got a spot over beside the lake in Silent Forest. Very much looking forward to getting to know folks on here and even you Western folks to fight :)

Casimyr
09-23-2014, 07:17 PM

While appreciated, and I do hope it got a few people to jump over to the server, many founders have spent a decent amount of credits on their current characters.
Lets use me as an example, who does have a character on this server, just none of my friends came with.

If I were to focus on this server's character, I would need to give up my character, his 45,000 Metalworking, 40,000 weaponsmithing, fully expanded warehouse and inventory, an alabaster horse, my Thatched Farmhouse (Which is not placed while I wait for land to come up), 304 gold that I worked to get with only an 8x8 farm, playing the AH, and buying a few worker's compensation potions to sell off, and about 9,000 credits of investment total into the character.

I'm not even in the ballpark of "high" for what people have invested into their characters on the original servers that are plagued with queues. Given that, I'm still not overly fond of the idea of swallowing $60 USD of loss just to find some land that may or may not be available by the time I can work back up enough Gilda, gold, and resources to buy a farmhouse and build a clipper (sans friends to play with).
--

So, before assuming people just want to whine or complain, consider that perhaps they simply do not, or can not, want to eat hundreds of dollars in losses already invested into their character(s) on that server.

Zafu
09-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Casimyr,

Thank you for your reply.

I wasn't thinking of those folks to be honest. Those I had more in mind are players who didn't buy founders and put all that effort in 4 days prior to launch. There has been a huge influx of F2P players and from that pool and even to start, new patrons. Surely all those threads and complaints can't be from those you represent, of which I'm one. Like you, I too put all that money and energy in; but frankly; and this is personal, I love the game and would rather have a full playing experience and be out a few bucks than wallow in pain.

Cheers and good travels.

Respen
09-24-2014, 06:39 AM
I'm a founder, played 4 day headstart had a 16x16 and 2 small farms. I was level 46, had about 80g... turned my assets into apex (about 14k credit worth). I moved and am happy here, there is a good mix of people and land available.

I was on Salphira, we had the two biggest streamers, Cohhnation and Swiggity Swooty filling up the server and totally unbalanced population because of this as both were east. Leveling up in hellspawn, I'd see 4 Eastern players to every 1 Westerner. On top of this I found groups that spoke english maybe twice outside of my guild. All of this on top of a que and character creation blocker that prevented friends from playing made the decision a no brainer.

I do feel like I wasted a LOT of time on my old character, and see that the ques are getting better every day on all servers, but Calleil is just a better server and better AA experience.

Psynful
09-24-2014, 06:44 AM
So, we can turn our assets into Apex and transfer that wealth over to this server? How do I do that? I have a lvl 38 and a lvl 24 sitting on Tahyang. It would be sweet to transfer at least their wealth over....

turned my assets into apex (about 14k credit worth).

Psynful
09-24-2014, 07:01 AM
I understand this totally. Similar situation here, except I didn't have any land on the old server. I have put 200 dollars so far into this game, so I moved hoping to at least get some land. And land I did get. Plenty of it in a good spot. So, in the end the move was well worth it for me.

While appreciated, and I do hope it got a few people to jump over to the server, many founders have spent a decent amount of credits on their current characters.
Lets use me as an example, who does have a character on this server, just none of my friends came with.

If I were to focus on this server's character, I would need to give up my character, his 45,000 Metalworking, 40,000 weaponsmithing, fully expanded warehouse and inventory, an alabaster horse, my Thatched Farmhouse (Which is not placed while I wait for land to come up), 304 gold that I worked to get with only an 8x8 farm, playing the AH, and buying a few worker's compensation potions to sell off, and about 9,000 credits of investment total into the character.

I'm not even in the ballpark of "high" for what people have invested into their characters on the original servers that are plagued with queues. Given that, I'm still not overly fond of the idea of swallowing $60 USD of loss just to find some land that may or may not be available by the time I can work back up enough Gilda, gold, and resources to buy a farmhouse and build a clipper (sans friends to play with).
--

So, before assuming people just want to whine or complain, consider that perhaps they simply do not, or can not, want to eat hundreds of dollars in losses already invested into their character(s) on that server.

Sharasapasta
09-24-2014, 07:01 AM
You can purchase Apex on the auction hosue adn then use it to apply the credits to your account. The credits are account wide and not locked to just that server so you can then use it on the new server for workers comp potions or other credit items and sell them on the auction house.

Psynful
09-24-2014, 07:02 AM
Agreed. So much win.

I do feel like I wasted a LOT of time on my old character, and see that the ques are getting better every day on all servers, but Calleil is just a better server and better AA experience.

Psynful
09-24-2014, 07:04 AM
Oh yea! I forget about the apex on the auction house thing. lol. I have never used it before. Even coming from rift, never used the Rex there. I have always just paid for my credits with cash. But this is a handy trick for this scenario. Hells yes.

You can purchase Apex on the auction hosue adn then use it to apply the credits to your account. The credits are account wide and not locked to just that server so you can then use it on the new server for workers comp potions or other credit items and sell them on the auction house.

Sharasapasta
09-24-2014, 07:08 AM
You will lose some credits cause it wont be a 1:1 trade as the newer server has lower costs on things, you may only get about 50% of the gold back buuut its now on a new server.

Spoonfed
09-24-2014, 07:36 AM
Im pretty sure Tahyang is not Connected to Our servers AH. If it were the prices would be better.

Psynful
09-24-2014, 09:26 AM
I will be happy just having the credits since I have spent on two character expansion scrolls so far and mounts and bag expansions on all characters. rofl. At least the old characters are not a TOTAL waste anymore! happy happy happy!

You will lose some credits cause it wont be a 1:1 trade as the newer server has lower costs on things, you may only get about 50% of the gold back buuut its now on a new server.

Rezkingx
09-24-2014, 09:39 AM
I as well switched from Tahyang, had a level 50 outrider with only a small farm. I know people say not everyone is supposed to gain land, that you are either supposed to fight for it or sell it to raise economy. but to me its 1 of the sole reason why i play AA, i like housing and farming as well as the open pvp and ocean experience. It took me less then a week to level the outrider, and it will take me 3-6 weeks waiting for land on that server to either demo from either auroria opening or ppl stop playing. in half that time figured i might as well roll a toon on a decent server with land in half that time and have another 50 with house and lrg farm and boat and etc. to me it was a good choice. everyone so far on that server ive ran into are cool. even had one guy at my illegal tree farm ask me for advice, I was glad to give it while we wait to compete for my trees, and at the end of the convo he kindly just parted ways and i was able to collect my entire tree farm.... nice guy lol :cool:

Anyways this server seems really balanced and not over ran buy zerg streamer guilds/ overpopulated community guilds that will destroy whats in there way and move on. i look forward to the halcyona struggle and ocean warfare! GAME ON!

Psynful
09-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Welcome home buddy! Enjoy yourself!

I as well switched from Tahyang, had a level 50 outrider with only a small farm. I know people say not everyone is supposed to gain land, that you are either supposed to fight for it or sell it to raise economy. but to me its 1 of the sole reason why i play AA, i like housing and farming as well as the open pvp and ocean experience. It took me less then a week to level the outrider, and it will take me 3-6 weeks waiting for land on that server to either demo from either auroria opening or ppl stop playing. in half that time figured i might as well roll a toon on a decent server with land in half that time and have another 50 with house and lrg farm and boat and etc. to me it was a good choice. everyone so far on that server ive ran into are cool. even had one guy at my illegal tree farm ask me for advice, I was glad to give it while we wait to compete for my trees, and at the end of the convo he kindly just parted ways and i was able to collect my entire tree farm.... nice guy lol :cool:

Anyways this server seems really balanced and not over ran buy zerg streamer guilds/ overpopulated community guilds that will destroy whats in there way and move on. i look forward to the halcyona struggle and ocean warfare! GAME ON!