PDA

View Full Version : Spammers, Help!

EbonyofCalleil
09-23-2014, 01:01 PM
So today (9/23/2014) at 2:50PM we received a massive rush of spam bots key notes:
A)Can't be blocked
B) The characters are deleted within 10 seconds of their initial posts
C) even at max chat box size, no other text except last spam can be seen
Can we get a GM's help??

Psynful
09-23-2014, 01:31 PM
I read somewhere that they are aware of the new tricks and are working on flushing them. It will always be a cat and mouse game with it though.

TattedSoul
09-23-2014, 02:14 PM
The person running the bots set it up the script so they would just delete a character and make a new one over and over again..making them not be able to be blocked, cause there was no character to block. The new antispam did learn the habits of the bots and the person that is running them got pissed off and changed their scripts. I'm sure Trion will be on it, if they haven't figured out a way to combat it yet.

Arkainin
09-23-2014, 10:44 PM
sigh . . . yeah, some people are real dicks

Jiisho
09-24-2014, 10:05 AM
I read somewhere that they are aware of the new tricks and are working on flushing them. It will always be a cat and mouse game with it though.

I am not sure how they did it, the team at Turbine managed to eliminate gold spammers completely. In the three years that I have played LOTRO, only once did gold spammers infest the chat in that game. With in a month, they were gone and have not returned. That was about a year and a half ago. Maybe the devs could reach out for help. Just an idea.

Psynful
09-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Last night around midnight my time (central) they figured out a way to constantly spam in different colors so freaking fast, and the message was soooooo huge, that it rendered all chat server wide completely useless! Freaking crazy!!!

Spoonfed
09-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Trade chat became relevant last night lol!

Ghost Shell
09-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Seems the issue was fixed this patch no you can block them if they show up

Spoonfed
09-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Fixed? Awesome. That will last 10 minutes.