PDA

View Full Version : Down time questions about classes!

Anhelios
09-24-2014, 07:17 AM
So I was going originally Daggerspell, which was fun. Friend wanted to take up that mantle and I decided I wanted to go back to a heavy armor class.

What I'm looking for is all PvE. I'm a carebear at heart for now till I get more knowledge of the game and such.

-Little down time
-Heavy armor
-Dual wielding if possible, otherwise any weapon suggestion works

I've been told Paladin, Templar and Abolisher fit those areas but with the 1.2 patch most information I find is out dated. So I look to the people who've played more during Alpha and beta than I myself have.

Skelter
09-24-2014, 07:34 AM
Abolisher is what I play. It can be built for tanking or decent CC/DPS for grinding. Templar is more of a healer, imo. Paladin I'm not too sure about, to be honest. I imagine it would be okay, since Battle/Def work well together anyway, but to get any real use out of Vitalism, you'd have to keep a club around to swap to for heals (unless you just use the club for melee, but I think clubs aren't that great for melee dps).

Abolisher is definitely easiest to level with out of the three, since the other two rely on having a club for heals, which you would have to craft. Abolisher gets all their gear from quest rewards.

Efaicia
09-24-2014, 07:35 AM
I have an abolisher, I like her. Haven't lvled her much since I want to get my healer max first.

Anhelios
09-24-2014, 07:43 AM
So Abolisher would be the class I'm looking for to switch to for my solo PvEing experience? Any other recommendations besides those three though?

Illana
09-24-2014, 08:00 AM
If you're playing on the west continent, theres a club that drops in SM(the first dungeon) which is viable for melee dps and healing in paladin from 18-30ish.

i leveled 1-25 as Reaper (sorc/occ/SP) but got tired of being so squishy and needing potions/downtime. that build has a ton of aoe dps but in PvE you get ripped apart trying to aoe.

with the club and full plate in paladin, i can pull 2-3 mobs 3 levels higher than me and use the frontal aoe and whirlwind to get them all low while battle pet chews on one, then nuke one with the defense tree shout and just triple slash/charge spam to keep the other down. in general i can kill a mob of equal level before it hits me three times with my battle pet out, and i rarely have to heal in combat the key is to use your snare+trip combos in a chain(charge+TS+LS+TS+front Aoe+WW and repeat) because that will keep a single target down for more than half of combat and will trip in aoe during that section of the rotation. I don't use any of the shield skills in def and my only threat gen is from the shout(which is an incredible nuke for PvE and PvP, i've ganked people 5levels higher than me during war-time by just shouting and then charging in/ using triple slash for about 7k damage in 3-4 CD's).

I've also played around with blighter, it's faster kills with more downtime if that's your style.

Anhelios
09-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Yeah. I'm a giant kitty cat. Lol. So I'm on east side. I just hate down time to be honest. So having a healing spell I figured would help but if healing does no good unless with a club.... I see no point in having Vit then. =\

Illana
09-24-2014, 08:49 AM
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.3.10/8S2ZZva1tls1

Link to the build i'm planning out. It's literally just a farming build set for little to no downtime.

But yea, check the thread on Blighter here:http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?48988-Blighter-Build

Probably the best build for you as long as you have potions handy. There's quite a few ways to run with it, you can focus Damage output or mitigation.

Kahl
09-24-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm surprised you had much downtime with a daggerspell. Were you utilizing your combos?

Fight opener <10m: Fireball (1 shot) + Bubble = ~25-30% of their damage in falling damage after extra high bubble.
Fight sequence: Frost arrow + 2-3 fireballs, enervate, drop back, mudhand (regain ~20% max health fromm hand), repeat. Fireballs super mana efficient.

I did all that minus dropback and had very little downtime... between arcane shield and enerv+mudhand my hp was fine, and I used fireball pretty liberally to conserve mana. I didn't have drop back (demonologist) but given I barely use occultism I'm surprised you had trouble in pve...

ed: I am reading comp fail, sorry op.

Archaegeo
09-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Blighter is the most solid melee class currently.

Zotik
09-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Been leveling abolisher and have practically zero downtime. Never runs out of mana and it's health hardly moves.

Anhelios
09-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Well I found out that Blighter is another solid class and it seems to fit me well. Since the classes are bit lower since I switched I think that's why there's a bit of down time. Any builds recommended for Blighter?

ArchGaden
09-24-2014, 12:16 PM
I can say that if you're using Archer as the primary damage dealer and wearing leather armor, you'll be mana starved unless you're chugging soup. I can generally kill 5-8 mobs before I go dry... and that is with falling back on shadowplay melee, which seems a bit more mana efficient for damage. I could entirely avoid downtime if I just fought with the basic shot and kiting... but that would, of course, take a lot longer to kill a mob, thus defeating the purpose. When I want to kill more than a handful of something, I aim to use more mana efficient moves... burst damage and CC skills take more mana than baseline damage skills. Luckily, most quests are 'kill 8 of these' or such, so I don't have to worry about that as much yet.

I think the mana system is setup to encourage consumable use for normal combat... which isn't a bad thing really. It bolsters the economy, giving life and purpose to other aspects of the game. I plan my hunting trips and keep a consumable supply with me. This isn't WoW and I'm not getting super magic water for free.