PDA

View Full Version : Endgame Lamentor PvE/PvP build

Anort
09-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Currently playing a level 42 lamentor aiming for this build at level 50, and I'm wondering how viable it will be in PvE and PvP, both solo and in groups.

http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#7.9.2/8sPZTaEtja1

Didn't invest much in the Songcraft tree because I wanna focus on dps and cc, not performing songs constantly. So how viable would a build like this be? Are there any changes that could improve it?

Anort
09-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Bump....where my lamentas at?(that's slang for lamentor, only we can say it)

Dyaus
09-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Not a terrible build but theres a few small changes that would make u a sizeable amount stronger.

1) get Bloody Chantey. Its super good. The attack speed increases the animation speed of your instant casts and reduces GCD. Not to mention you get a huge buff to +magical power.

You could easily just replace the cast speed buff on songcraft for this.

2) You don't need the -15% mana cost passive in Sorc. Its not good at all in fact its useless. You are never going to run oom in PvP.
Instead you could pick up Frigid Tracks or Freezing Earth which are both somewhat useful unlike the -15% mana passive

Anort
09-24-2014, 05:45 PM
Not a terrible build but theres a few small changes that would make u a sizeable amount stronger.

1) get Bloody Chantey. Its super good. The attack speed increases the animation speed of your instant casts and reduces GCD. Not to mention you get a huge buff to +magical power.

You could easily just replace the cast speed buff on songcraft for this.

But would that work? Because in order to keep the buff you have to keep performing the song. And since it only lasts 4 seconds, you'd have to re-cast it every 4 seconds to keep it up if you attack while performing it. Seems like that would eat through your mana extremely quickly. Your other point seems reasonable, I just have the -15% mana usage passive now to cut down on how often I need to use food and pots.

Harlox
09-24-2014, 05:59 PM
I want to level up a lamentor when Im done with spellsinger.

It looks like a fast casting class

Spyrit
09-25-2014, 02:57 AM
If you have songcraft in your build people will expect you to buff them, however anything with a cast time and a heavy mana cost is hard in a songcraft build due to the fact your songs cost a lot. Keep in mind too instant cast damage abilites are crucial to casting them between songs. (you have 4 seconds to interrupt a song that ability + gcd, when weaving songs and damage).

There are quite a number of viable builds in Lamentor, it's best to have at least 2 one for aoe and one for single target. In either have all four songs in your builds, they not only buff, but pack a punch as debuffs (on charmed targets).

When building for group pvp, bubble and earthen grip loose their effectiveness, people will break those ccs, purge is an absolute must have in any build you make. You don't have cc breaks, nor do you have mobility, you have to at least have the magic damage passive and the mitigation passive in witchcraft, disciplined performance in songcraft.

Speed is the name of the game, hummingbird ditty is not only nice for you but good for your healers as well. Magic circle makes everything hit like a truck.

Staff, scepter and shield, or a club (if you want to heal) are more than likely your weapons of choice for lamentor, as I said there's many viable builds in the class, but you'll also need to gear for them to bring out the best in your build.

At level 55, the class will be a force to be wreckened with. (wreck being the key word here).