PDA

View Full Version : Nice that there is no queue, but....

slowpoke68
09-24-2014, 07:59 PM
This is one of the worst gaming communities I have seen. Wow! To anyone over about 15 I would avoid this server like the plague.

I'm sure there are nice individuals, but overall the chat, character names, and overall server vibe remind me of the very worst of World of Warcraft.

Deleting my toon on this server and starting somewhere else.

Word of warning to any adults thinking about rolling here.

Isin Dule
09-24-2014, 08:03 PM
damn that sucks which server has the least amount of ******s?

Rakkan
09-24-2014, 08:21 PM
I've tried all of the servers, this is by far the best one I've found. It has the least amount of garbage in chat. If you find a better one, please let us know (Being sincere, I've been on a search for a nice community for the last week).

Spoonfed
09-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Archon is a decent, mature group. We are west side. Every server has those people I just honestly ignore Faction and Nation as a general rule.

Rizaun
09-24-2014, 08:38 PM
Isn't this true to every other server from every other game as well?

slowpoke68
09-24-2014, 08:56 PM
I've tried all of the servers, this is by far the best one I've found. It has the least amount of garbage in chat. If you find a better one, please let us know (Being sincere, I've been on a search for a nice community for the last week).

Rakkan I am curious if you are on East or West. I was on West. Going to check out some of the other newer servers.

The other server I played on was Tahyang or whatever and that one seemed much better, like night and day. That darn queue though.

Rakkan
09-24-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm on East, that might make the difference. The East on Tahyang is absolutely terrible, one of the worst places I've ever seen.

TattedSoul
09-24-2014, 09:14 PM
This is one of the worst gaming communities I have seen. Wow! To anyone over about 15 I would avoid this server like the plague.

I'm sure there are nice individuals, but overall the chat, character names, and overall server vibe remind me of the very worst of World of Warcraft.

Deleting my toon on this server and starting somewhere else.

Word of warning to any adults thinking about rolling here.

What?? LOL Ok this server is probably one of the nicest servers on the whole game. I'll go with just factions chats for a moment... this is probably one of the 3 best faction chat servers at the moment.. they have the least amount of racist and toxic behavior... there's not a lot of it going on here. However you feel free to go check out the other servers and I'll let you be the judge of it. Btw this server has a LOT of adults here.

This is exactly correct.

ElCid
09-25-2014, 03:32 AM
Judging a server by the actions of a few people is idiotic.

Rakkan
09-25-2014, 04:09 AM
Judging a server by the actions of a few people is idiotic.

And calling someone idiotic for wanting to be around decent people while minimizing their issues/concerns is rude.

I have been enjoying myself on this server, but this person could be having a completely different experience here. The issue is generally a lot larger than just a few people. If it were just a couple of people we could block and move on, but in most cases it is not. On my old server I had blocked dozens of players that weren't spammers, and then I'd be missing out on half of the conversation in a lot of channels. Even so, a small group of very vocal rotten players can potentially spoil the experience for the rest of us - so I disagree with your premise entirely.

Riddimreturn
09-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Sometimes Instead of watching and pointing fingers at others, you have to lead by example and be the difference your self, You cannot just expect to find " a perfect server" with the perfect community, it has to be built. with hard work and patience and humility. it will not every be easy, such is life eh.

slowpoke68
09-25-2014, 04:35 AM
Sorry to offend anyone, like I said, I'm sure there are nice people. I've been around mmos a long time, going back to UO launch and I believe different servers have different vibes and I did not like what I saw on this one, at least on the West. It was not just a few people for sure.

Ghost Shell
09-25-2014, 04:45 AM
I'm confused this is one of the nicest servers I've seen but farewell my friend hope you journey for a Super Nice Chat server is granted!

Psynful
09-25-2014, 05:53 AM
I like this server. In my humble opinion, It is a heck of a lot better than Tahyang was. I enjoy the more balanced mix of F2P and P2P players.

As far as the community, It's always a minority who are actually the loudest. Most of us just do our thing and stay in guild chats / party chats.

zdaz
09-25-2014, 07:46 AM
Eh, I'm 24 years old and the community is basically like any other online game.

Deilax
09-25-2014, 08:36 AM
Go spend 15 minutes on Valley of Titan in TERA and you'll learn what a "toxic community" really is. You won't even be able to make it out of Lumbertown if you're a new player.

I'm Easterner and yeah, we have our dickbags like any other game, but the amount of people that help and answer questions via Faction and Nation is phenomenal. I've only seen this level of help in FFXI and FFXIV, were they tend to have an older gamer base.

What I can say is when we get those effin' trolls that drop the "WoW was the first MMO" bait and EVERYONE bites the line for at least an hour. That drives me up a wall because I've seen this behavior since Vanilla WoW.

Note: 28 years old, married, child, and grumpy. First MMO was DAOC and I've been playing them for 13 years now, the community then compared to today is completely different.

Nynnaeve
09-25-2014, 09:38 AM
I left Tahyang and popped on this server then brought my whole guild. They like it too. Nice combination of new ppl and vets.

Doru
09-25-2014, 10:28 AM
not sure if OP was East or West but I've found the East community to be pretty good so far

RyanSide
09-25-2014, 12:32 PM
West is a good community only a lvl 20 but time spent playing on this server is great! I've had no bad mouthing or anything against me or others.

Dahk72
09-25-2014, 02:32 PM
Block the few obvious trolls and morons trying to spam chat with inflammatory remarks and you'll find it's a pretty friendly crowd on the East side anyway.

Takes all of two secs to right click block , after I did that for the 5-10 obvious morons (you know , the ones advertising 250 to join his guild while he chatted with his other moron friend in chat and a couple others ) , other than blocking spammers chat's been great.

I wouldnt be surprised if most of the server didnt have the idiot and his few friends I'm referring to on block honestly.

TattedSoul
09-25-2014, 03:39 PM
not sure if OP was East or West but I've found the East community to be pretty good so far

That's really good to hear. Try and get them to post the guilds on the forums so people on here can see who is over there.

Athalahelm
09-26-2014, 07:35 PM
It's far too early to rate communities...

It's the same for every MMO in creation... first 6 mos is the real trial period... it's who's left that defines the character of a server.

As for chat- I'm amazed you can filter through the gold spam to read anything substantial!

Senadin
09-26-2014, 11:48 PM
I dont know why everyone keeps making reference to 15 years old, well, beside the fact that some are acting juvenile, but the fact of the matter is the average age of today's gamers is around 30-35.

Ogrillion
09-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Obviously OP hasn't played on another server. I came from Tahyang West to Calleil East and I'm liking it much much more.

Nynnaeve
09-28-2014, 08:19 AM
I dont know why everyone keeps making reference to 15 years old.

LOL I had to snirk at this. I sometimes read faction chat and think, "What are you? 12?" I was close. XD