PDA

View Full Version : Meowcenaries Trade Pack SFM'ers? (Just curious for my notes)

Strikes
09-24-2014, 09:56 PM
We had two guildmates get SFM'ed (Same Faction Murder; is it called something else? If so let me know, lol) and they reported it was Meowcenaries; whom we were actually having decent relations with... anyone from there, or know them, that can let me know what their official stance/policy as a Guild is on Trade SFM/SFM in general?

Just keeping my own little notebook here of Guilds and their actions; so we know who to partner with in the future and who to keep on an aggression list. Thanks!

Strikes
09-24-2014, 10:01 PM
I was just informed by another Guildie that got on our voicee server.... that there's a form of "Meowcenaries" on both Factions? Just one spelt slightly different than the other?

In light of that information; it might have been a EFK (Enemy Faction Kill). So, if that was the case... then disregard.

USA Cowboy
09-24-2014, 10:45 PM
Both players Abe + Yoho are also SFM.

At the time, level 38 + 40.

Different guild tag, I believe "Same Enemies" or something with "Enemies" in it.

Tet
09-24-2014, 10:50 PM
That was me. I killed you because you had a trade pack. Simple as that.

Strikes
09-24-2014, 11:12 PM
Clarification - It wasn't me that you killed; a Guildie. So, this confirms the information I wanted; thanks! We know it can be as simple as that but previous relationships with your guild had us at "Peace" one could say. Thanks for clearing it up and we'll make sure we hunt you all down as well ;) As we're Anti-SFM

Jeiel
09-25-2014, 09:01 AM
...we'll make sure we hunt you all down as well ;) As we're Anti-SFM
If you hunt down all who kill others in the same faction, you're basically doing the same but with a hypocritical reasoning. Better the people who do it out of pure and simple avarice, and claim no higher ground.

Or do you commit suicide after killing someone?

Paranos
09-25-2014, 09:25 AM
I just want a copy of whatever acronym dictionary you complete after 6 months of working out the kinks. :) lol

Dragnock
09-25-2014, 09:31 AM
If you hunt down all who kill others in the same faction, you're basically doing the same but with a hypocritical reasoning. Better the people who do it out of pure and simple avarice, and claim no higher ground.

Or do you commit suicide after killing someone?

Actually it makes him batman lol

Strikes
09-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Actually; it's not being hypocritical. (behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case)

No one's "Claiming Higher Ground" - It's just a simple system that goes back to the days of UO - PK's and Anti-PK's. (Cops and Robbers if you want to talk "Toddler Speak")

There's people that love to "SFM" and there's people that like to kill those people; but not the 'Innocent' Same Faction members. It sounds like you have your own interpretation that makes you believe that this puts us at some kind of "Higher Ground" because that's not at all what I said; and I'm not responsible for your own personal interpretation, sorry.

We don't "...hunt down all who kill others in the same faction..." - We hunt down SFM'ers - People that MURDER people of the same Faction; hence the term Same Faction Murder. It's quite simple here; and you're taking it to some crazy level trying to turn this around, borderline Trollish honestly....

Do we target and kill people of the same Faction; by basic mechanic of the game? Certainly, because that's the only way the game construes it. However in a game like this; as I've said, there's different cases for different situations. This post/question is one of the best examples:

"SFM" is an unwarranted attack against someone of the Same Faction. Like in this post; a Guildie of ours was doing a Trade Run in a contested area and was attacked without reason. Well, the reason would be that he had a Trade Pack and someone wanted to steal/murder for it. (Which is totally fine! It's part of the game!) These are called PK's (Player Killers) or in this game, SFM'ers (Same Faction Murderers)

"SFMID" is a term that means "Same Faction Murder In Defense" - As in the person was attacked, without reason, but able to repel and kill their attacker; in self-defense. (Usually if you see this term in Trial Chat you want to excuse them)

"Anti SFM" is a term that relates to what we generally do; we kill people that are known to SFM without reason. People that are Anti-SFM don't kill people without due cause/reason. Like defending the innocent or protecting people attempting to do trade runs. If we notice someone getting 'ganked' (like while questing/mob hunting) or jumped in a trade run... we'll come to their defense.

It's potentially a "Game/System within the Game" - Or "Gameception" if you will. Once you can come to understand it and start taking part in it... it's rather fun! You'll always see great sportsmanship from us out there; it's just a game and everyone likes to do different things in the wonderful age of ArcheAge.

Laelais
09-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Actually it makes him batman lol

Let's pack it up gents this man just won the internet.

Grailer
09-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Actually killing SMF is not good idea unless they have pack because
time spent in prison is profit lost.. so profit from your crimes not mindless
killing imo.

However if you are in hostile lands without protection then maybe you
are in the wrong guild.