PDA

View Full Version : Prospective to the server

Okita
09-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Hi there.

I just bought a Starter Pack and I was thinking of joining Lucius. I had some prelim questions before I make a final decision...

How is the server population / balance so far?
Is land availability an issue or are there still some options?
What made you pick this server?
What's the worst thing you'd say about this server?

I look forward to your responses and possibly playing with you.

kalgor
09-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Hi!

Population seems ok for the most part. You have your normal group of trolls, but the population count itself seems good.

Land is available still. Alot more in the later zones where PVP is also there. So that answer depends on your playstyle. I for one, live in such zone (PVP).

I picked it because Kyrios is an overloaded 2 dollar hooker.

Lot of ******s going on about BR jokes (and no Im not BR - I just think its old and seriously just stfu type less / play more).

Hope that helps.

Irongriffon
09-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Fair disclaimer- I am new and not the most knowledgeable about many aspects of the game, but since no one has responded, I'll give you my feedback.

I started last week, have 2 Harani toons up to 25 or so, so that's the extent of my experience.

I haven't seen any restrictions on character creation due to pop imbalance yet, but other than that, I can't comment as I mostly stick to the Eastern continent at the moment.

Most of the early zones are pretty well occupied. Land opens up in zones 20+. I have a few plots near the City of Towers, and what I see at the moment is, around that area, it is really crowded, but there are usually 1-2 spots daily that open up, as people either move or don't complete their construction. I'd imagine this might settle eventually, but for now, there are still some spots available.

The other servers had restrictions on character creation and long queues. Lucius seemed new and available.

At the moment...
#1) I'm having a hard time seeing communities/guilds really step up and stand out. This forum is a great example of how quiet things seem to be. I bet there may be a few major players on the server, but at the time of writing, I'm not feeling their impact as a player, yet. My main worry is an eventual server merge or shutdown as the game settles in after the initial rush, as this server seems to have a fairly low pop in relation to others.
#2) Some new areas have high competition for quest mobs / turn ins. That being said, people seem pretty open to grouping when it makes sense to complete a quest. But, lots of time is spent aggressively /competitively camping mobs. Maybe that's more game design and the rush of new players, but atm, it's worth mentioning.
#3) Probably a minor thing, but world chat channels are usually worth tuning out, but that's often the case in mmo's.

Overall, I'm pretty happy as a new player for the following reasons:
-shorter queue times
-character / race availability
-fairly safe noob areas (I haven't run into any ganking or jerks etc yet)
-Some fairly decent land seems to be available if you keep an eye out

Sorry I can't be of more help, but, as I said my experience is limited to early game adventures.

Good luck choosing your new virtual home!

Kieffer
09-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Server seems stable with the population. There are afew stand out guilds but atm things are mostly fleshing out. Land is open in a fair amount of places. The majority of players are below 40 still.

CrossFireX
09-25-2014, 08:03 PM
So Far so Good The Server population has been awesome and Ive met quiet a few awesome players, really good community wise, Most players are all helpful and open to conversation. Haven't seen too many of the Toxic Players that no one likes. The Trials in this server are HILARIOUS the things that go on in that chat are insane.

From what Ive seen there are still some options but definitely filling up fast! So you oughta hurry! :D

New Server when I started playing and had no Queues, still fast queues ~700 and amazing people! My Guild has grown tremendously as well within a few days we are 60+

To be honest, I haven't had any issues at all so far.

slowpoke68
09-26-2014, 05:29 AM
I just tried this server out last night. Much better than the last one I played on. I am on East.

I will agree with the person who said trials are hilarious on this server. Found myself chuckling a few times at different things that were said.

Only on for one good play session during prime time but that was what I found. So far, so good.