PDA

View Full Version : Any position on racism.

Wilen
09-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Hello guys, I just come here to ask you to think a bit on that talk, and ask TRAION that something is done, this was an unnecessary act of a player, he lost the fight, was arrested and started complaining a leader of criticizing Brazilian guild. I just ask that an attitude is taken.

Look at the comment Samsta.

http://postimg.org/image/nz29yy97n/

klaern
09-26-2014, 08:43 AM
While I do not condone such behaviour, my feelings on this, as a thick skinned person, are to simply block that person and ignore them. Then I might also report them if I feel they're vulgar or disruptive enough to the game. Obviously if they make real world threats of any kind, this deserves to be reported.

It is against the ToU in Trion Worlds to "harass" or "embarrass or cause distress" to other players in game: http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/, that said AA being a competitive PvP sandbox game, they're probably a bit more lax since trash talking could be considered part of the game. "Real world" racism probably never will be though, and reporting could help.

Don't expect that person to be banned or anything when you report them. Reporting them will probably just get them a warning or something. If they continue to act that way and end up getting reported a few times by different people, over time they'll probably get a suspension or something. If they still continue and other people in game report them for additional offenses, they might end up with a ban.

My personal method for dealing with such people is to completely ignore them. Blocking them in game also makes it so you don't have to see their offensive language anymore. If you don't give them any attention, they go away and find someone else to bother. These types of people are attention seekers and nothing more. They want to get you all riled up. Don't give them what they want.

Scapes
09-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Hello guys, I just come here to ask you to think a bit on that talk, and ask TRAION that something is done, this was an unnecessary act of a player, he lost the fight, was arrested and started complaining a leader of criticizing Brazilian guild. I just ask that an attitude is taken.

Look at the comment Samsta.

http://postimg.org/image/nz29yy97n/

If you're witnessing or experiencing harassment or hate speech, let our Support Team know the details: http://support.trionworlds.com

Shadelen
09-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Racism shouldn't exist and I dont care how thick your skin is its not an excuse.I mean yeah joke between friends here and there but some people really need to learn why racism words existed before they start spouting them. Then people wonder why some people in the word today treat them different.

klaern
09-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Racism shouldn't exist and I dont care how thick your skin is its not an excuse.I mean yeah joke between friends here and there but some people really need to learn why racism words existed before they start spouting them. Then people wonder why some people in the word today treat them different.My overall response was more about offensive people general and the best way to deal with them. I agree that Racism shouldn't exist, but the fact is it does and people are jerks. Being somewhat anonymous online only exaggerates all that.

The best way to deal with them still remains to ignore them the best you can, and use whatever tools you have to block them. As Scapes pointed out, contacting the support team is a good way to combat problems like this. In real life this is the "remove yourself from the dangerous situation" that law enforcement officers give people.

Fighting back only makes the whole thing worse, and you're likely to incriminate yourself in the process. It also puts your argument as the victim into question if you start using vulgar words to combat them. The best thing to do is ask them to stop, if they don't stop block them & report them if they're harassing, using hate speech, or breaking the ToU in any way. Then completely ignore them.

In MMOs there's a fine line between in game fun and going over the limit and instead harassing someone. Real world racism clearly doesn't belong in the game, and Trion's ToU Supports that. But other such scenarios can be difficult for the support team to determine who is a victim and who is a harasser if both parties are being vulgar and arguing or griefing each other in game.

Samsta
09-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Hey Wilen!

First Off I'd like to ask you a question. Who is "TRAION"?

Usually when posting a statement to a video games forum, it might be good to spell their company name correctly.

Now lets just be perfectly honest. Our two guilds are at war. You know this, I know this. Even your dog knows this.

BUT, you know what I don't do? I don't cry about it. I don't need to run onto the forums and talk about it. I don't need to let everyone on the server know about these problems. I don't run around crying to other people about my problems. Even more so, I don't try to butcher your language.

I don't understand why you're sitting there pointing the finger at me trying to call me a racist, when obviously all I'm trying to do is make you upset.

Obviously it's working. Guess how that makes me feel? Spoiler alert, it makes me feel happy.

In life I can say I'm not a racist. When I run around in Archeage? Hey what I say to piss off your guild? Don't take it too seriously bud.

I mean look, when I get hateful messages like this for example;

http://imgur.com/T72VEqU

You don't see me crying about it.

Now check this out here's the crazy part.

Trion (notice the spelling) actually JUST made this brand new feature that not a lot of people know about. It's called the BLOCK function. I want you to guess what this feature does. It can actually stop messages from appearing that you dislike from people! I know this is way over your head but check this out. If I hurt your feelings so bad that it actually physically brought you to tears (which I'm sure it did hence why you made this thread). What you can do is type IN GAME, "/block Samsta" and BAM.

You will never ever see one of my messages again!

Crazy huh?

How should I put this in words you would understand? Huehuehue?

/thread

**Just to clarify, the image is of Hantaro, a member of Wile's guild <Endless> aka the Brazilian guild on Ezi.

Ocho
09-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Hey Wilen!

First Off I'd like to ask you a question. Who is "TRAION"?

Usually when posting a statement to a video games forum, it might be good to spell their company name correctly.

Now lets just be perfectly honest. Our two guilds are at war. You know this, I know this. Even your dog knows this.

BUT, you know what I don't do? I don't cry about it. I don't need to run onto the forums and talk about it. I don't need to let everyone on the server know about these problems. I don't run around crying to other people about my problems. Even more so, I don't try to butcher your language.

I don't understand why you're sitting there pointing the finger at me trying to call me a racist, when obviously all I'm trying to do is make you upset.

Obviously it's working. Guess how that makes me feel? Spoiler alert, it makes me feel happy.

In life I can say I'm not a racist. When I run around in Archeage? Hey what I say to piss off your guild? Don't take it too seriously bud.

I mean look, when I get hateful messages like this for example;

http://imgur.com/T72VEqU

You don't see me crying about it.

Now check this out here's the crazy part.

Trion (notice the spelling) actually JUST made this brand new feature that not a lot of people know about. It's called the BLOCK function. I want you to guess what this feature does. It can actually stop messages from appearing that you dislike from people! I know this is way over your head but check this out. If I hurt your feelings so bad that it actually physically brought you to tears (which I'm sure it did hence why you made this thread). What you can do is type IN GAME, "/block Samsta" and BAM.

You will never ever see one of my messages again!

Crazy huh?

How should I put this in words you would understand? Huehuehue?

/thread

**Just to clarify, the image is of Hantaro, a member of Wile's guild <Endless> aka the Brazilian guild on Ezi.

Hate speech is not an acceptable way to "make people upset".