PDA

View Full Version : Character deletion timer.

Odox
09-26-2014, 07:39 AM
I was under the assumption that the timers for deleted characters was removed. I know it was one day because I used it to move one of my characters to a new server. Didn't bother with my alt because I didn't really need to move/make him yet. I decided I liked the new server so I went to delete the old character only to see I had a 24h wait. Was this reinstated?

Airichan
09-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Yes the timer was reinstated after daily restarts were initiated as well.

Odox
09-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Where are you seeing it? I have checked a bunch of the posts but don't see a single one saying either way. I know it was dropped though because that's how I switched to a new serve.

LinLin
09-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Same, here I am sitting trying to delete a lvl 11 character and I have to wait 24 hours. Little bummed out that they put that timer back in. Or at least... does it have to be SO long?

Odox
09-26-2014, 05:12 PM
I don't get the point the timer is supposed to serve. It doesn't stop gold sellers because they can just make another account.

Chunkerbunny
10-11-2014, 12:29 PM
The timer is back, yeah. I can't delete my character right away..24 hours. Most ridiculous thing ever.

Tikigod
11-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Consider yourselves lucky if you're seeing a 24 hour wait time to delete your character.

I want to delete a character, and current timer I'm given is 7 days.

See this Trion support page for how they decide the timer period you have to wait to delete a character: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1809/~/archeage-characters-not-deleting

All very much utter crapola, and very very bad practise... but I suppose it makes them money from people who will throw money at Trion for more than the 2 regional character slots you get, unlikely myself who would much rather just decide to not play for a week and temporarily cancel are recurring sub until I'm playing again under the new character I want to make.