PDA

View Full Version : Rethinking to elect a new inofficial RP-Server possible? [mainfocus EU]

Nulucy
09-26-2014, 03:48 PM
10 Days have past, you may say it's just to early and everything will set itself straight. You may be right, you may be wrong.
This is intended as a discussion to evaluate what the benefits and the setbacks are for choosing either option.

Let us see this debate as a worst case scenario :
What if, i repeat, what IF this situation does not go away as it is suggested from the one side and it will stay as it is for a month. ([/U] Please consider: Even if the restriction of MAKING a character goes away, there could still be the issue with the queue for F2P-Players)
What will we do then for example?
Will you/people still be willing to restart and give up what you did over the past 40 days to have the rp community together? (Please consider: since it seems that it's not possible to roll 2 servers, 1 for progress one for rp only i will generalise it to this extreme)
At that point everyone should be somewhat convinced that it will stay like that for a longer period of time, but what happens then? Since you build more(not just houses, but relationships too) and leveled more will people be willing to give up on that or are they going to be content with the fact that a larger part of the community can not join them?

I am talking from an EU perspective, i guess it is similar on NA but keep in mind that i will differenciate on that mater.
Try to keep it civilised and give your opinion on the mater, there is no need to trash on/ "lecture" anybody because you disagree with that person.
I will try to collect every point made in those opinions and post them summarized in the 2nd post of this thread.
If you think i missed something drop me a PM.

I guess it is obvious but to say it right away, i am pro change now.

The latest servers are out for 2 days now and there still is PLENTY of room on them, but first things first.
My main reason to vote for a change is that i see the Headstartservers as unfit to truly ever be of good use to us as a rp-community.
Those 4 servers harbor the biggest cut of Founders/Patrons that already played in Alpha or a longer time in Closed Beta and know what kind of game ArcheAge is.
They are not really affected by hype and, in my eyes, it is way more likely that they are going to try to build into that server to maintain a highly competitive field than they will change servers/ leave the game all together in the not so near future. Even if server transfers (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?68574-Eanna-%28EU%29-Server-Outage-9-25-14-at-6-00-PM-GMT-%28PDT-7%29&p=692969#post692969) will become possible in the future, i highly doubt it will be anytime soon and that a large enough portion of those Founders will just switch to resolve the issues.

That said, looking at the new servers, which are pretty much unclaimed and seem to have enough space to get all interested players into queue-free playtime i find myself thinking: Why do we not take advantage of it now while the inflicted setback is not that great for those people that actually have one?
To build on that, i only partially understand why there is a setback at all for people. Let me say this first, in my eyes the people that do have setbacks are mainly Founders/Patrons. Those are pretty much the only people that actually played on the headstartservers since F2P-players played mostly the queue-game.
We are blessed with an option of F2P that allows us to create an additional account that could possibly be used just for RP, on an in-official but dedicated rp-server.
I do understand that people want houses and it would be more work to maintain 2 patron accounts if you are on, let's say, Dahuta for different reasons than rp, but that is only the chase if you need all 6 spaces for something else right? Do i miss something critical here?
I also do understand that you may wanted to combine rp with pvp and calling a big swap now may interfere with that. It will take more time to level your characters to be able to do both.
I myself fall into that category, but i am willing to take that detour to get the pvp and rp experience on different servers.
All that said i am asking myself, is this thinking," I have my house 'here' now and i do not want to restart" really a valid reason to let the separation of our community happen/ progress even further? Because that is the main reason i hear most of the time. (in different variations of course, don't wanna lose my levels and stuff)

Truth be told i can not claim to have insight on every server, every faction side, but my impression is that we are already pretty split up and keeping in mind what i wrote earlier i do not believe that this status will resolve itself.

Edit_missed_: I think we have a good opportunity here to resolve the issue with relatively low cost if we do it now/soon. The longer we wait the higher the price for it to happen will be.
Just think about it, Trion even restriced charactercreation, they NEED people to switch servers, so why don't we do it together?

So what are your thoughts on that mater? Should we leave it as it is, should we postpone it and see for (random number) 10 more days what happens, should we change now?

With regards
Nulucy

Nulucy
09-26-2014, 03:49 PM
--Reserved for collecting--

Benefits of switching:

Restart for us as a community/ gathering us again since it is pretty obvious that we are split.
Most likely no queues now or in the future.
Separation of rp from high competitive pvp. (also a setback for different groups of people)
Fresh servers with all it's benefits.

Setbacks of switching:
If done wrong and hasty just adds up to the splitting.
Separation of rp from high competitive pvp. (also a benefit for different groups of people)
Still adding to the already divided community, since some will stay no matter what.

Benefits of letting it as it is:
Losing no progression in any form.

Setbacks of letting it as it is:
Not being able to play at all with friends on the headstartservers due to Queue and/or closed character creation. No date of resolving is available. (point was made that server transfers will not solve this post #4)
Waiting it out mentality (point made in post #17 part 3)

Points not agreed on. Very subjective:
Dahuta is one of the most toxic servers
The majority of rpplayers are on Dahuta because we had a poll.(implying the majority of RP-players are Patrons and where in the headstart)
Server full and character lock will not remain/will remain just for a short time.
It's all about the land. (Keeping it as much as not being able to get it in the first place)

Questions asked:
Should we go as far as merging NA and EU?
How about a secoundary server for NA and EU?

StormiNL
09-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Well I can't play with any of my friends atm on DArutha cause they disabled the character creation on it :|

Kisala
09-26-2014, 04:18 PM
The character creation disable is probably only for 4 days like on the NA servers. Remember if they do bring free transfers it'll be for people getting OFF populated servers, not on. So if you want on Dahuta later on it probably won't be an option unless you want to pay, and even then they may not allow it.

I personally think we should wait and if by next week there are still issues then people can vote on a second server to play on. I've honestly never seen so much indecision on voting on an RP server before in an MMO. :\ Usually it's decided and that's that but now the NA have split up over 3 or more servers and the EU is splitting. I know it's not the players fault per se (cause of the queues etc.) but I just hope it doesn't ruin RP in the long run.

StormiNL
09-26-2014, 04:22 PM
@Kisala What would you say is the 2e undecided rp server atm on EU side?

Kisala
09-26-2014, 09:43 PM
You mean the second server people are going to? It's hard to say. A lot are moving around on the new servers and there's no fixed place anyone has decided on. The only thing I think would be good from voting on a second server is at least people who couldn't get to play on Dahuta would have some chance of it rather than rolling on any new server and hoping for the best. But I think give it a few days and see if the restrictions are lifted and the queues have settled. I understand people wanting to play asap though.

Nunchi
09-26-2014, 11:06 PM
Keep in mind, I'm no actual rper, so having the RP server be Dahuta is cool in the sense that it's likely to be the center of whatever "competitive PvP" may be in this game. At the same time though, people won't respect what you do and you'll be outnumbered 10-to-1. At the very least it'll be interesting, but I'd never want to see Tichondrius (bad example; US WoW Servers) and Moon Guard merged. I think all of your points are valid and that if Archeage is to have any large, collective RP community, it's probably going to suck on Dahuta.

Though this endeavor, at most, might only serve to split up what number of rpers this game has. If you are to go about this successfully, you should get in contact or find someone who is in contact with the vast majority of the rp guilds in this game. You are to all agree that this must be done, and collectively reroll on a different, agreed server around a general date. Otherwise you'll probably just have to deal with it.

I'm only saying this because I literally haven't seen a single instance of RP in this server since the beginning of headstart. I wouldn't even know there was RP in this game if I hadn't hitherto been reading the forums. That, and just look at the server-specific forums. The top 5 threads are all a bunch of relatively massive PvP guilds (one of which, I'm in) either ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ on each other, or both ♥♥♥♥ting and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ on each other. You're largely outnumbered.

Korscei
09-26-2014, 11:51 PM
To be honest I wish the RP community as a whole would pick a single server to stick to. The fact is there is no restriction on Eu players Playing on NA servers or vice versa; I myself am a UK patron player and I have the same character rolled on four servers now: Tahyang, Dahuta, Melisara and Lucius for the exact reason of the Rp community finally getting it's act together and picking one Server.

Splitting up the Rp community into EU/NA servers only served to divide us in the first place and as new serves have come out (and will continue to do so) it is that division which causes confusion. There is no sense of cohesion at all.

Picking a single server for the whole community to play on would lend itself to that glorious state of 24 hour RP, in essence no matter where you are in the world you can drop in and find at a few people to roleplay with. At the moment I'm lucky to find at least one other person who Roleplay which is incredibly alienating and I'm seriously questioning whether to carry on playing Archeage because of it.

Get it together people!

Jinjos
09-27-2014, 12:08 AM
I suggest either Janudar (from what I've heard, next to no big griefer guilds) or Nebe (one or two BGGs?), Nui already has seen the introduction of some potential BGGs in it's server forum, so maybe not the best option. Best would be if the Dahuta community did move to one of these servers (or one of the next servers to be released) altogether, maybe through making new characters and restarting, maybe when char transfers are introduced.

The argument that Dahuta will be much more enjoyable in a few months is dangerous because a) no one can say that for sure, b) a few months are a long time to suffer and wait, c) the BGGs and most of the player base will probably stay.

Nunchi
09-27-2014, 12:58 AM
Again, just for the record, I'm not really an rper. Though:

Splitting up the Rp community into EU/NA servers only served to divide us in the first place and as new serves have come out (and will continue to do so) it is that division which causes confusion. There is no sense of cohesion at all.

Picking a single server for the whole community to play on would lend itself to that glorious state of 24 hour RP, in essence no matter where you are in the world you can drop in and find at a few people to roleplay with. At the moment I'm lucky to find at least one other person who Roleplay which is incredibly alienating and I'm seriously questioning whether to carry on playing Archeage because of it. This is actually really obvious, and I haven't even thought of it. Why is there two separate RP servers? What's even the purpose of that? I'm playing on EU from US and, really, the only thing I'd be hindered on is if I was doing 1v1s as a dps in arena, which isn't even a test of skill in the first place.

The argument that Dahuta will be much more enjoyable in a few months is dangerous because a) no one can say that for sure, b) a few months are a long time to suffer and wait, c) the BGGs and most of the player base will probably stay. qft

Jinjos
09-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Nunchi, I guess the NA-EU split is because of different time zones. Imagine: When there is an RP event at 20:00 on Tahyang, it would be 5:00 AM in most of western europe...

Nunchi
09-27-2014, 02:13 AM
Nunchi, I guess the NA-EU split is because of different time zones. Imagine: When there is an RP event at 20:00 on Tahyang, it would be 5:00 AM in most of western europe...
It's not like they really could attend it either way (though with non-split it's at least possible), the only real difference is that the non-split means 24/7 rp

Nulucy
09-27-2014, 03:15 AM
Why NA and EU is split is mostly the same reason why EU an the german faction is split. Not everyone can or want to rp in english so it has very little benefits for them in the actual rp sense. I disagree with that view since there are many other benefits to it but in general that's the reason for the split. (generalisation)
And i intend to let as many people know about this dialoge to make it as repräsentativ as possible. If everyone that is concerned spreads the word on his faction/Server it will help too ;)

SemillanZ
09-27-2014, 04:06 AM
On the US server the ping is 3 times more important than on the EU one and on a PvP game that's a huge difference; now if some do not really want to PvP on a PvP game where there's not even an emote chanel that's cool but I don't think there will be many of them.

So EU it is for me, and on Nui because it's the nicest name of all the servers and I can finally have a land and because I can't bear anymore the Dahuta's faction chat.
I have been in the past playing on Landroval server, if you're into RP you'll know what I speak about. That was a nice experience but the schedule of the event wasn't good for my IRL work.

Nulucy
09-27-2014, 04:43 AM
I started to invite different rp-comunities over the respective forum to this conversation and one thing caught my eye, pretty much every forum was talking about the splitting and/or had a poll ongoing to change servers, so i would take that as another indication that we are not only split in a server sense but as a community altogether.
The Idea in the beginning was to gather us all on one(each region) server after just 10 days it looks like that every part of the community acts for themselves already and has no interest of the overall picture.
I really hope we can change that with this dialog and gather us again.
Please spread the word where ever you can and you think it is important, don't just assume they already know/have no interest just tell them.

SemillanZ
09-27-2014, 04:58 AM
There will be no more server. If you follow enough the evolution of all the servers, you'll agree that it seems logical.
Now on Dahuta, some guilds started to move as far as I read in the faction chat, to Nui, because that's a new server and they prefered the name Nui.
If that must be the new RP server, don't think too long about it, because of land. SO rush to Nui as you can still have a land wherever you choice, Lilyut and Solzreed are filling fast but all other place have some free room.
COnsider that you can still create some villages with your whole guild. VOila, I for myself decided quickly because this game does not authorize to waste time.

Elisan
09-27-2014, 05:07 AM
I'll chime in here, as a long time RPer, who stinks at PvP and only intends to do it when necessary. I know the question was asked of why anyone who doesn't PvP would play a "pvp game" and I'll answer that from my perspective as a roleplayer first because it ties into everything: this game is so much more than PvP. The ability to build, to craft, to explore; this is what draws a lot of roleplayers to a game. It's pretty, I can build things and do something other than raid/quest/pvp and still gain experience.

That said, the issue of the divided community is a big one. Trion's choice to offer NA/EU servers isn't new but you're right to say it doesn't do the community any favors. I agree that a single server for roleplayers to be on together regardless of time zone is a better option but as mentioned, everything has pros and cons. I would be willing to restart on another server where the bulk of the RP community chooses to be to avoid the queue, to avoid the constant trolling and bullying by non-rpers. On Tahyang the other night I saw a guild advertise as the "anti-rp" guild which bodes poorly for us. It means there's at least one full guild of people whose active pursuit will be to ruin our play at every opportunity. That's not fun.

The 'wait it out' mentality because you don't want to lose your progression or your land is understandable but it leads to a very defined role on the server (the hidden minority). You'll always be waiting it out and the end result you're hoping for, never comes. You'll always be complaining about griefers and poachers and how bad the attitudes are toward roleplayers and the RP will go underground. It will be hard to find for new players coming in and hard for established players to get RP outside of their guilds which leads to cliques and exclusion. I don't want to see our community go underground this early in the game. I'd rather cut my losses now and start over someplace we have more of an open presence. There will always be those trolls who follow just to be dicks. There will always be non-rpers who think roleplay is stupid or pointless, etc. At least putting ourselves somewhere where those people are at a minimum is more tolerable than having to deal with in in your face non stop 24/7.

Ranyar
09-27-2014, 05:22 AM
Hi
Im on Eanna because they said its the German RP Server - but no RP there - maybe because im in East and the most RPlers are in West i dont know.
I coud not build Garden or House and im LvL 30 ... everything full ...

So i made a 2. Char on Nui - have my House and a second one were my RP Shop will be and a small Garden an all missing is other RPlers.
I guess everyone should play the way they like, my way is RP and thats what i spend my Time and Money for in AA.
And Housing ist a very important Part there for me, why i moved.
Im German an my English is just good enough to talk normal but not for RP.

I think its nor realy possible to unite Roleplayers, i have seen it before maaaaany Times.
So my Mainchar Ranyar is still on Eanna untill ...well do not know what to do with here right now.

Nunchi
09-27-2014, 05:38 AM
Why NA and EU is split is mostly the same reason why EU an the german faction is split. Not everyone can or want to rp in english so it has very little benefits for them in the actual rp sense. I disagree with that view since there are many other benefits to it but in general that's the reason for the split. (generalisation)
And i intend to let as many people know about this dialoge to make it as repräsentativ as possible. If everyone that is concerned spreads the word on his faction/Server it will help too ;)
US speaks english and the only language that links all of EU is english, there's no actual reason for the split language-wise.
The only actual, arguable downside is the ping.. but this is AA. It doesn't matter in large-scale pvp, only small-scale (and small-scale pvp doesn't actually matter because it's skill-less; whoever has a mechanical keyboard with a little bit lower ping who can press a button the fastest). This is coming from someone playing Dahuta from California.

Nulucy
09-27-2014, 06:07 AM
I think its nor realy possible to unite Roleplayers, i have seen it before maaaaany Times.now.

Let's prove them wrong. ; D

Lovelypinklychee
09-27-2014, 06:22 AM
So is Nui the new RP server?

Nulucy
09-27-2014, 06:31 AM
It would be great if we could conclude that server xyz will remain/be the new RP-Server, but for now it's to early to tell.

EraChanZ
09-27-2014, 07:07 AM
I'm staying on Dahuta for several reasons..

- Many people RP'ers or not, have build up their housing there, build up relationships with other players, found likeminded players and guilds to play with, etc..

- The whole 'server full' and 'character lock' issues are very temporary; the lock will be lifted in a matter of days, and the queue's have already become MUCH smaller, and will continue doing so over the next 2 weeks..

- The 'only' reason you haven't seen more RP yet is because people know and realize that they have to (or simply want to) build up their characters first.. They want a house, they want certain clothing, certain items like ships etc.. once people get settled OOC (allowing for more options IC; in terms of looks etc) RP will pick up

- I will be attending my first 'big' (50+ players) full IC event today on Dahuta; which will be a good first step towards getting more and more RPers together actively..

At the moment; trying to 'pick a new official server' for RP'ers will not bring everyone together again in 1 server.. it will do the exact oposite.. it will SPLIT the dahuta RP community in half (if people decide that they would go to this new server in the first place at all).. because there's no way everyone will simply restart their stuff ...

0/10; horrible idea.. sorry

SemillanZ
09-27-2014, 07:23 AM
More RPer without homes?
There's no land free on Dahuta for reasonable price.
THis morning on Dahuta there was some land freeing and there was 70 people ready to grab it, not to mention those who are using automated clicking.
It's not a good idez to pull more people on this server when they'll be very frustrated.
Also, the chat there is one of the worst. Xenophobia against nations, especially the french, bad jokes have been done on their recent lost hostage, there is no limit at all. And when there's not xenophobia, it's racism, sexism, I stop here. It's a toxic community, and I know it well since I started on Dahuta, and stayed till this morning.
SO I understand you want to keep what you have there, but for the new comers, those who have nothign, there's nothing to expect on Dahuta except deception.

Dragens
09-27-2014, 07:46 AM
I feel like Nui is a good choice for those who are not patron and for patrons who couldn't get any land. I will change to Nui later und hope for servertransfer to get my Main-Charakter over. This is a good opportunity to unite the F2P RP People with the Patrons. This won't be possible on one of the Headstart-Servers. People who prefere to stay on their original server is totally understandable as long as they are happy with it. But there are people who are NOT happy with the circumstances of the Eanna and the Dahuta Server.

Emmazor
09-27-2014, 07:56 AM
The Roleplays are united, they done a massive poll. Tayhyand and Dahuta where voted by a majority of RP'ers as the RP servers, splitting the community because of its early launch state is just ridiculous. The hype will die, people will leave, the ques and restrictions will drop and the land will become available.. and when that happens we'll be left with roleplayers being split thin throughout the servers because they weren't happy with the launch of the game and didn't have the patience to wait..

As it stands a -Majority- of Roleplayers are on Tahyang and Dahuta. It's up to preference if you wanna stick with the majority of RP or split away from them :3
They will be bringing out server transfers, so I understand if you want a temporary home away from the mass RP'ers while the launch hype settles, to then pay to join up the the RP servers, otherwise it'll be 70% on one realm, 20% on another, 10% on another.. and I just hope you've made the right choice when thinking of the long term AA roleplay community.

Jinjos
09-27-2014, 08:10 AM
The split away from Dahuta has already started and it's irreversible, so better declare the secondary EU RP server >NOW< so at least part of the community does split away on one and the same and not on several different of the new servers. Those who want to go will leave Dahuta anyway, and maybe they come back to Dahuta anyway >IF< your proposed improvement after many, many months will happen. It's everyone's personal choice, so make it two rp servers instead of a complete mess.

SemillanZ
09-27-2014, 08:23 AM
And what if we don't split from Dahuta?
The RPers there who would like we stay aren't going to free some land for us I suppose?
Many weren't in the headstart and can't have any opportunity on Dahuta.
So let us go on Nui, and that's it. We won't roleplay the poor people without a roof anymore for your pleasure on Dahuta. We are missing the core of the game: land = craft = trade and a PvP axed on the interception of that trade, you miss the first one and you are part of nothing except infamy, not a thing that everybody wants.
SO to recap, we are here to choice a nex server RP for EU, beside the "old one", a second one.
ANd I'll even add, it's already Nui. Why Nui?
Because Nui > all in the lore.
And because I'm *beep* years old, and that has nothing to do with this topic except, things move fast in ARcheAge server wise and someone has to take a decision very quickly. So why not me as I'm not in a guild, have no importance at all nor any interest.
So like the old native indians, I'll conclude with: that's my word, Nui it is. No let's thank the mother.

EraChanZ
09-27-2014, 10:45 AM
The split away from Dahuta has already started and it's irreversible, so better declare Nui the secondary EU RP server >NOW< so at least part of the community does split away on one and the same and not on several different of the new servers. Those who want to go will leave Dahuta anyway, and maybe they come back to Dahuta anyway >IF< your proposed improvement after many, many months will happen. It's everyone's personal choice, so make it two rp servers instead of a complete mess.

Listen, there's a difference between adding an ''overflow RP server'', or a second RP server because Dahuta is full (this is completely fine and understandable) and CHANGING the unofficial RP server to a different one (which is what the OP is suggesting, unless I am completely misreading?)

IF server A is full; it's nice to get as many other RPers onto server B, this is a nice concept.. But do ''redo'' the elections now and effectively changing the MAIN RP server to become a different one, that is just a stupid and un-thoughtful idea..

Jinjos
09-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Nui is definitely the wrong choice! It has queue / is full now too, while Nebe and Janudar seem to still have a low population.

Lovelypinklychee
09-27-2014, 11:41 AM
Nui is definitely the wrong choice! It has queue / is full now too, while Nebe and Janudar seem to still have a low population.

Nui doesn't have queue? I was able to log there several times today without any queue.

Jinjos
09-27-2014, 12:11 PM
I did check it in the server menu an hour ago, was surprised myself

Bearsus
09-27-2014, 12:46 PM
I did check it in the server menu an hour ago, was surprised myself
It is gone now, lasted for maybe an hour :) there are loads of lands left there so ppl interested in those should join asap. I suspect many new players will also leave to play with their friends once the char creation restrictions are lifted.

shanya
09-27-2014, 02:26 PM
And Nebe even still has empty plots available, I know cause I rolled a new character on that server and I had no issue finding a place for my thatched farmhouse, close to the City of Two Towers

Kisala
09-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Just FYI, just because there's two guilds in the Dahuta section of the forum having a pissing match against each other does not mean that Dahuta is the worst server. Guess what? You will get this on EVERY server sooner or later. They're just the most vocal because they post here a lot. These guilds will get bored and either leave the game or the land will free up once Auroria opens up because they want to compete their instead.

The Xenophobia? That will happen on the new servers too. It is not limited to Dahuta. Everyone has seen it on all the EU servers and even the NA servers have racism against anyone who's not white.

And I'm saying this as someone who does not have a house in the game. Yes I have a farm on one of my characters but not a house so my characters are "homeless" as well. I'm just going to wait it out and grab land as it expires.

It's completely fine to have an overflow server, I'm not saying you should not play/need to wait/not have land etc. That really is a fun part of the game and I understand your frustrations! But to say "we need to change the unofficial server because there's griefers, faction chat is bad! the queues are bad! no land!" then you're in for a shock when most of those are still an issue on the new servers. Plus the newer servers are likely to be merged with another later on (imagine if it got merged with Kryposa? yeah...).

Pick an overflow server, but please don't split the community.

Lovelypinklychee
09-27-2014, 04:09 PM
"we need to change the unofficial server.." It's not about changing the unofficial server and about more about having a 2nd RP server, people are welcome to stay at Dahuta if they want, but what about the ones who can't log on Dahuta?

Kisala
09-27-2014, 04:57 PM
"we need to change the unofficial server.." It's not about changing the unofficial server and about more about having a 2nd RP server, people are welcome to stay at Dahuta if they want, but what about the ones who can't log on Dahuta?

The thread title says "Rethinking to elect a new inofficial RP-Server" [sic] so how can that not mean changing the unofficial server? If you'd read what I said I even stated "It's completely fine to have an overflow server, I'm not saying you should not play/need to wait/not have land etc." and "Pick an overflow server, but please don't split the community."

mattfire
09-28-2014, 12:02 AM
The Roleplays are united, they done a massive poll. Tayhyand and Dahuta where voted by a majority of RP'ers as the RP servers, splitting the community because of its early launch state is just ridiculous. The hype will die, people will leave, the ques and restrictions will drop and the land will become available.. and when that happens we'll be left with roleplayers being split thin throughout the servers because they weren't happy with the launch of the game and didn't have the patience to wait..

As it stands a -Majority- of Roleplayers are on Tahyang and Dahuta. It's up to preference if you wanna stick with the majority of RP or split away from them :3
They will be bringing out server transfers, so I understand if you want a temporary home away from the mass RP'ers while the launch hype settles, to then pay to join up the the RP servers, otherwise it'll be 70% on one realm, 20% on another, 10% on another.. and I just hope you've made the right choice when thinking of the long term AA roleplay community.

^ This.

When we've selected a server already and it's fully populated with most the roleplayers it would be sheer idiocy to vote to change it. The restrictions didn't go up for over a week after general launch. If you didn't get land that's your fault... my guild managed to get 500 gilda stars to colonise an entire bloody area in THREE days with just ten people helping with trade runs. If you've not got land and tell the rest of us on Dahuta to move you're being selfish and self centered to the max. If you complain about the restrictions you at least have a point.

Anyone joining the game at this present moment intending to roleplay wouldn't be able to get on Dahuta due to the temporary restrictions. These are designed to prevent server overflow and spread the population evenly. If this is the case then certainly you could say the community needs to consider the best place for these stranded roleplayers to go until Dahuta reopens it's doors. In this case I'd say Nui seems a safe bet for getting -some- roleplay however bear in mind the EU RP communities are all Dahuta focused. If people join another non Dahuta server they should be open minded that when restrictions lift or server transfers become available it is in their best interests to move to Dahuta because we on Dahuta aren't leaving.

The unofficial EU server was voted for in advance. If the purpose of this thread is to ask us all to have a new election and move that's horribly unrealistic. If however I'm misinterpreting this and the intent is a poll for a second temporary EU RP community whilst Dahuta is closed off that is more reasonable. I would argue however such a poll is unnecessary since eventually most will return to Dahuta anyway. If this however is the desire of those trapped outside feel free to host such a vote for a TEMPORARY and I stress TEMPORARY second roleplay hub. Any attempt to directly compete with Dahuta as the main unofficial roleplay server disrespects every single roleplay there and will cause an unnecessary split in our community.

To those saying the split due to restrictions is irreversible in some senses you have a point yet your general sweeping statement is wrong. People want to be where they will get the most roleplay. If we look at WoW it was clear Argent Dawn for EU had the highest rp comncentration. There was roleplay on other servers to a lesser degree and whilst that kept people happy they stayed. However people for the most part eventually got bored of the lack of versatility and migrated their guilds to Argent Dawn. This is what will happen with any small pop up secondary rp servers and pretending otherwise again will merely cause unnecessary community rifts.

Dahuta is NOT considering moving. Roleplayers on Dahuta are staying on Dahuta.

Nulucy
09-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Just to clarify, it is my personal opinion that it would be in the best interest for the whole community to change it with the reasons i gave. Only a part of the rp community ever had a chance to even start on dahuta, but this is not the goal of this thread.

All i want is for us to come together and discuss the situation, explain to one another why we should do something/why we should not do something and what the options are.
I think a secoundary rp server for all of us, not just a portion of the community, sounds great too.

So please refrain from saying i want it changed i am just one person speaking for myself.
It has nothing to do with the intention of the thread, and the threadtitle says Rethinking to elect a new inofficial RP-Server possible?
Maybe it is missleading? I didn't think it is but if so, my bad i hope this clarified it.

So do not focus on me because I started this, focus on the reasons given from different persons.

Korscei
09-28-2014, 05:00 AM
For all those saying that picking another server will separate the community, I'm only going to say this: The fact that were talking about it shows that we are separate already.

I agree that having a secondary overflow RP Server regardless of EU/NA status would be the best course of action. A place where the WHOLE Rp community could go to if there respective main server was full etc.

I also have to say I'm annoyed at trion, if they had released an offical Rp server at launch I think allot of these problems would of been negated from the outset.

Kisala
09-28-2014, 10:29 AM
For all those saying that picking another server will separate the community, I'm only going to say this: The fact that were talking about it shows that we are separate already.

Honestly I think it shows more that people are impatient/selfish and want land as the reason for moving because "Dahuta is too full and we'll never have land". The impatience is justified because they want to at least play so an overflow server is GOOD as a temporary thing but not everyone is going to have land regardless.

So what if we all moved to this new server and someone else didn't get land and wants to move again and we get more threads saying "we needs to move! There's zerg guilds taking all the land!"? It's a vicious cycle and not every RPer is going to have land during the launch of this game.

I know it's easy for me to say because I was fortunate enough to get land. But I think the only reason the community is "separated" at the moment is because everyone wants land and it's just not going to happen right now.

Korscei
09-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Honestly I think it shows more that people are impatient/selfish and want land as the reason for moving because "Dahuta is too full and we'll never have land". The impatience is justified because they want to at least play so an overflow server is GOOD as a temporary thing but not everyone is going to have land regardless.

So what if we all moved to this new server and someone else didn't get land and wants to move again and we get more threads saying "we needs to move! There's zerg guilds taking all the land!"? It's a vicious cycle and not every RPer is going to have land during the launch of this game.

I know it's easy for me to say because I was fortunate enough to get land. But I think the only reason the community is "separated" at the moment is because everyone wants land and it's just not going to happen right now.

Your right this has started because there is enough land and allot of it is to do With OT (I've not encountered them yet in-game just going by forum posts here.)

There seems to me to be three sides to this debate: those that want to stay because of land, those that don't and want land and finally those who just don't know what's going on.

One point I would like to raise, why is it selfish to want land? if your paying the subscription and you cannot own land.. Well rather defeats the point of paying the subscription regardless if your an RPer or not.

For as long as this debate continues we won't have cohesion. We need to decide sooner rather than later.

Nulucy
09-28-2014, 11:55 AM
We all heard enough about the land debate. I honestly don't see it either way and i am saddened that people reduce it to just that, for me the most obnoxious point is that people can not and possible will not be able to join for several months. But back to the point: Please consider: Even if the restriction of MAKING a character goes away, there could still be the issue with the queue for F2P-Players

What if, i repeat, what IF this situation does not go away as it is suggested from the one side and it will stay as it is for a month.
Will you/people still be willing to restart and give up what you did over the past 40 days to have the rp community together? (Please consider: since it seems that it's not possible to roll 2 servers, 1 for progress one for rp only i will generalise it to this extreme)
At that point everyone should be somewhat convinced that it will stay like that for a longer period of time, but what happens then? Since you build more(not just houses, but relationships too) and leveled more will people be willing to give up on that or are they going to be content with the fact that a larger part of the community can not join them?

ArchGaden
09-28-2014, 04:02 PM
The RP population is already fragmented due to the launch que fiasco. I can't speak for everyone, but a lot of us didn't want to wait through hours of patron que every night to get on...so rolled onto newer servers. Now that we have land and are playing happily, we realize that not having land would be too much of a let down... so the unofficial RP servers just aren't going to happen for us.

In my eyes, the only hope for a unified RP community at this point is for Trion to launch a new official RP server and open up transfers. That probably won't happen and certainly won't happen anytime soon. So at this point... just take what you can get.

Kisala
09-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Your right this has started because there is enough land and allot of it is to do With OT (I've not encountered them yet in-game just going by forum posts here.)

OT are on Tahyang, the NA server. They're not on any EU server.

Kisala
09-28-2014, 08:38 PM
We all heard enough about the land debate. I honestly don't see it either way and i am saddened that people reduce it to just that, for me the most obnoxious point is that people can not and possible will not be able to join for several months.

So the NA gets restrictions for 4 days of restrictions only and you think the EU will get several months of character restrictions? That sounds very very unlikely. If queues happen for months people will more likely leave the game and ArcheAge will fail rather than just us needing to pick a new server. I know I wouldn't play if I couldn't get on Dahuta for several months.

So what you're saying is we should vote to change the server now or wait and see, yet earlier you said it's not about changing the unofficial server. I don't understand. Do you want the unofficial server changed or not?

@Scapes I really really wish Trion would mark a server as the RP server and give free transfers for us. This game is a great world for roleplayers and I think it would really be beneficial for roleplayers to have their own server. That and it would definitely help create a better community on it.

Charlene
09-29-2014, 12:17 AM
Hi there!

I am yet another roleplayer who happened to stumble upon this amazingly beautiful game. I only recently started playing (no longer than a week ago) and have fallen in love completely.

I came to the forums because I made my own thread earlier about establishing a rolepaying community on the EU server Nui. Admittedly, I did this before reading this thread. I confess to not reading the entire thread yet and am possibly posting prematurely so I apologise in advance if I repeat anything that has been said already!

I noticed that one of the discussion points is to designate a secondary server to roleplay and that idea I really like! There are many pros and cons to doing said thing but let me share my personal view on this;

Dahuta, as I've read, has a lot of the alpha/beta testers and patrons. The founders. Most of these founders I believe are more PvE and PvP focused. Now, I come from World of Warcraft where ruining immersive roleplay is a sport for end-gamers. I know absolutely nothing of this game's community yet. So, I apologise if I make assumptions/offend anyone, I really didn't mean to.

Lolling and trolling is one of my biggest "fears", of course. And putting aside that, immersion can be ruined by accident too. For example, if pve/pvpers and rpers meet out in the field, it can get awkward and uncomfortable fairly quickly for both parties.

Then there is also the queue/character creation restriction. Yes, the game is in a very early stage but I'm betting so many others who were unfortunate enough not to be able to create a character on Dahuta in time are also craving roleplay right now. So, why wait?

If enough votes go out to picking a secondary server, I want to offer my full aid and support on accomplishing this. I am a very passionate roleplayer and take the community's health to heart.

Now my opinion might not matter much but don't forget that I want the same as you; to explore this gorgeously designed world through roleplay!

- Charlene, EU Nui.

Dragens
09-29-2014, 01:31 AM
I read very much threads about these topics. In our german roleplaying forums there is the discussion too. There are people who want a change and then there are people "oh no no don't go you selfish land wanting ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags, we have our land and we want a great community so please don't leave us and give up on that content.

Clearly is it not possible to have land for every rpplayer out there. So there have to be a split if everyone wants land. This is a fact and this won't change. There won't be a GREAT community with roleplayers because the roleplay is not everything people want in the game. Sure I could have rp, but with nothing to progress and nothing to trade nothing to do money with, I couldn't even buy the proper RP-Clothes.

So please stop trying to stop people to change the servers. There won't be a big united RP community. There will be more then one RP Communities and you can hope and see if this is a community that suits you. I'm kind of sick of the people crying about the split of the community. With how many people you want to play? 100??? I'm good with 5-10 people to play with even 3 would be good enough. I get so many bad feedback about me leaving Eanna (with my main I will still stay there with other characters) and ask if someone is changing too, because I would DESTROY the RP Community and I would kick the work of others to unite the rp community with my feed.

Just change servers as often as you want if there are 5 communites, so be it. Because rp has not even started yet. People are freaking out about the Rp-Community who is not even build and playing yet. There is nothing to lose, because I think the people you are already playing with you, will stay at your side. Why should people who are not happy with the situation shouldn't change the server just because the people who say "we have land and we want to be united with all other rp guys" are to selfish to accept that this luxury is only possible if Trion would have set an official RP server and official descriptions for the Server types, so that there wouldn't be a missunderstanding like "Dahuta is great for RP and also the massive conflict server".

Don't blaime people for wanting their fun in a game and if it is a server change then let them. I don't think there will be a "unite" but there can be a good view and a good perspective about it. So if some people want a united community and to acknowledge the fact that it is splitting. Then create one more character and play on both servers.

Nulucy
09-29-2014, 01:42 AM
10 Days have past, you may say it's just to early and everything will set itself straight. You may be right, you may be wrong.
This is intended as a discussion to evaluate what the benefits and the setbacks are for choosing either option.

What if, i repeat, what IF this situation does not go away as it is suggested from the one side and it will stay as it is for a month.
I understand that the thread title may sound misleading, i didn't think so when i chose it but that is how it is now.
That aside i am getting rather impatient with people not reading the whole post and asking questions when the answer is in the same post, nor even reading the first post and the first two sentences from it so i will leave with posting just those two quotes that should answer the questions.

So again, for the 4th? time in this thread, this is not about convincing to change now, this is a discussion to get us together rather early TO BE PREPARED.

twitch
09-29-2014, 03:38 AM
It is literally impossible to create new characters on Dahuta. I wish people stop brushing off concerns about the issue as sour grapes regarding property.

ArchGaden
09-29-2014, 05:57 AM
Sure I could have rp, but with nothing to progress and nothing to trade nothing to do money with, I couldn't even buy the proper RP-Clothes.

Pretty much this... I'm playing AA to own land. Without that, I might as well jump back to any of the dozens of other MMOs where there are vibrant RP communities...some of which are even supported by the devs. Land ownership in AA is a big deal. So much of the game is built around owning land, you just can't expect players to be happy playing on a server with no land left. Yeah yeah... it's our fault for not waiting in massive ques for the initial land rush or camping out expiring properties for hours. I don't want that kind of stress! I'm here to have fun, and I'll be content to own land and play on Inoch, even without as much RP. Players that are dedicated, clever, or lucky enough to get land on the primary RP servers deserve their land, and I don't begrudge them their choice spots on those servers... but I won't be joining them anytime soon.

silvertemplar
09-29-2014, 06:32 AM
I find it quite amusing that RP'ers would brush off Housing/Land ownership so easily here . Of all the things in the game, Housing (i'm excluding farms here) is the least useful to PvP/PvE min-maxers. What do you really do with a house ? It's a roleplay /cosmetic item all the way....it's THE roleplay item to gain in this game. So just going "too bad you were too slow to grab land, suck it up and wait" is a pretty shoddy attitude to have....i sure would not accept that. How would that build a RP community with attitudes like that?

Anyway, while i don't consider myself hardcore RP, i also rerolled on Nui and found the situation much more "RP friendly" there in terms of lands/housing and community i did encounter. It also helps somewhat that the server community is still "young" in the sense that houses are still very much incomplete, spaces are open all over and players are not all sitting at lvl 50 staring at northern continent and camping the harbors like griefers because they got nothing left to do....

ArchGaden
09-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Of all the things in the game, Housing (i'm excluding farms here) is the least useful to PvP/PvE min-maxers.

To be fair, a house is useful for advanced craft stations, storage, and craft boost items which must be placed in a home you own. A high end crafter will need those facilities. Of course, that only adds more reason to own land. I could have fun with RP as a vagabond, but I want to fully experience the game as well. Land ownership is just too important to pass up.

On a funny note, I've heard a lot of "Just wait until land expires from unpaid taxes!"...and now that it is happening on the first wave servers, I'm seeing thread after thread of rage about a few players taking all the expired land using some sort of third party program that spams design placement. I just laugh... cozy with my 3 properties on Inoch.

To all those racing to get a few expired plots on Tahyang/Dahuta: May the odds be ever in your favor!

Kisala
09-29-2014, 07:25 PM
"So please stop trying to stop people to change the servers."

Wat? The discussion asked for opinions on both sides. What you're saying is "don't give opinions that are against mine cause you're just going against me having fun and playing the game etc . etc.". all I said was an overflow server is a good idea and we should keep the main one on Dahuta. I never said no definitely not. If you guys want to vote to change it go ahead but the main RP will be on Dahuta since it's been widely advertised as such and that's where new RPers will go in the future when they search for the unofficial servers.

It feels like in this thread, anyone who states they don't want to move get jumped on because "they already have land so don't care and just want us to stay cause they're selfish". But again that is not my reason at all and I reiterate. What happens if Nui gets crowded and some other roleplayer makes a thread like this in the future because they're not happy for X Y Z reason?

Nui will make a good overflow server, and if you want to vote go ahead. If for some reason Nui ends up becoming full of more RP than Dahuta I will gladly transfer over when transfers are done and consider myself wrong for going against this. But as it stands I still think Dahuta is the best option for main roleplay since it was voted on.

And just FYI, I was one of the people that didn't want Dahuta to be chosen because of the grief guilds. But after reading both sides you will get that on any server unfortunately.