PDA

View Full Version : Unblockable SPambots during the Night!!

Meciel
09-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Ok, this is happening right now... One spambot that (because of the "geniuses" that programmed the chat-module) is unblockable, is destroying every channel on this server. He posts a Wall of Text every second on every channel... And of course (because Trion is in over its head) there is no GM to be found ANYWHERE!

So PLEASE fix this incredibly easy to fix bug in the chat... Or have a GM on every server... Or have better tools for detecting spambots... I really don't care... BUT DO SOMETHING!

PS:

In case that wasn't clear... I did not come hear and start ♥♥♥♥♥ing right after it started... it has been 3 hours now that NOBODY on this entire server has been able to communicate at all. I just don't get it? Do you guys really all go home at 5pm and leave the servers to the bots? One GM for all the EU servers would be an improvement already!!

PPS:

And no, this time we could not find him in a starting zone as we had to do with all the others...

Cr0wnxx
09-26-2014, 11:24 PM
I don't want to be THAT white knight and say "Ohh, but Trion is so good at making this go away, stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing" because I get annoyed by this the same way as you do, but honestly? They have to do something about this, because people are quitting the game because of Bots and Spammers and I don't think they want to invest years into developing the game for international use, just to let it succumb into the hands of bots and spammers. I just can't believe that Trion is such a company.

The whole problem why this takes so long is, because to improve the ways to detect those spammers/bots and automatically ban them/etc. they have to speak to XL Games who in Turn need some time to implement those. Of course you are right with this whole GM thing, but Trion is not Blizzard, they don't have 100 GMs at their disposal on every hour of the day, especially the night.

So TL;DR:
They have to be actively working on fixing the problem, so just bear with it and don't leave this(in my opinion)awesome game!

With best Regards, Crown

Meciel
09-27-2014, 01:45 AM
I really like this game too, and that is part of the reason why something like this made me open a thread... If I didn't care about the game I would just take it lying down and leave the server for the night, hoping it will be fixed in the morning.

But I kept playing because I was in a nice questing party and was having fun. All the while getting more and more annoyed with the problem... I didn't ♥♥♥♥♥ about the server problems or the incredibly long queues during the launchweek, because I saw that it was a bigger problem and they were working on fixing it.

But this is such a little problem that is so easy to fix but at the same time can make a whole server full of players lose their fun and leave... So I wanted to bring it to someones attention... pretty sure that as usual noone in charge will take notice, but still.... Had to be said^^

Bearsus
09-27-2014, 11:50 AM
they're working on this i'm sure, but a temporary fix is to create a custom chat channel with only party/guild/local (and other necessities) channels. Annoying to be "unable" to use the global channels, sure, but not as annoying as that spam :(