PDA

View Full Version : Prisoner debuff should decrease while offline!

Truetonton
09-27-2014, 01:03 AM
So, I got a long time and I mean a long time. For killing bots, I logged out believing that it would decrease, did it? Nope. Wasted 4-5 hours believing that it would decrease while offline. So yeah, 1D prisoner debuff left after being forced to be online for 4 hours. Wasn't able to play most of the day yesterday, won't be able to play today and tommorow hopefully I will be able to play... I will only be forced to be online and watch my character. Fun... Fix this, so that you can be offline and it decreases. It's just absurd when people get this long and being forced to be online.

Ardon
09-27-2014, 01:36 AM
The entire point of having a jail is to punish players. Most sentences are under twenty minutes. Just a slap on the wrist. The system is meant to punish those that actively harm their own faction. Making the debuff time out while you're offline is counterintuitive.

Truetonton
09-27-2014, 02:00 AM
The entire point of having a jail is to punish players. Most sentences are under twenty minutes. Just a slap on the wrist. The system is meant to punish those that actively harm their own faction. Making the debuff time out while you're offline is counterintuitive.
Haha, it's punishment enough not being able to do anything while sentenced. But to force players be online? And keep in mind I killed only bots...

pussen
09-27-2014, 02:11 AM

So you really believe that with a 'fairminded' jury giving him 28hours ban(for killing bots, ruining the game mind you) gives this system any credibility what so ever?

If they start banning bots, then this MIGHT work. But at the moment this is just ridiculous.

Ironwing
09-27-2014, 02:41 AM
So, you somehow rack up 28 hours for killing just bots? Did your first two or three trips to jail not teach you? I know its unfair that Bots are running around but there are better ways to deal with them other than killing them? Whats a Bot going to do after you kill it? Go right back to doing whatever it was doing. Make a video of the suspected Bots in question and post it to Youtube, Twitch, send it to Trion, whatever, killing a Bot does nothing but, well, this. And how do WE know they were Bots? Theres no evidence to say they were or werent Bots. You could be lying right now just to hide embarrassment or you could be telling the truth, we dont know because you havent given any evidence to us and you couldnt give evidence to the Jury.

As for the Debuff, its meant to punish you for doing wrong. You stole, assaulted or killed one to too many people and as a result, youre Wanted (Dead or Alive). The Debuff is meant to make sure you dont act up again, so it prevents you from doing anything harmful.

While I DO agree there are corrupt jurors who max it just for spite or trolling, and theres the chance the guy you killed or stole from is now on the jury or his guild mates are there or whatever and the human factor should be removed somehow, how much of a punishment is "Hey, you messed up so dont play for a day" when you have a job or school. Just log on for 4-5 hours a day and do whatever you can (Not going down the prisoner route so dont know what you can do with the Debuff), sell some stuff, tend to your farm, stay in jail and play soccer, whatever. Do that for 4-5 days and youre set. If youre rich, bribe the jurors if they appear corrupt, if you arent hope they arent corrupt. Think of the Debuff like this, most real escapees have to lay low for awhile till we forget about them, change their name, their hair, everything. Most end up hiding in the forest or at a families house or whatever, they cant drive because they might get recognized, cant work because their coworkers heard the news. The Debuff just acts like real life.

Truetonton
09-27-2014, 02:50 AM
So, you somehow rack up 28 hours for killing just bots? Did your first two or three trips to jail not teach you? I know its unfair that Bots are running around but there are better ways to deal with them other than killing them? Whats a Bot going to do after you kill it? Go right back to doing whatever it was doing. Make a video of the suspected Bots in question and post it to Youtube, Twitch, send it to Trion, whatever, killing a Bot does nothing but, well, this. And how do WE know they were Bots? Theres no evidence to say they were or werent Bots. You could be lying right now just to hide embarrassment or you could be telling the truth, we dont know because you havent given any evidence to us and you couldnt give evidence to the Jury.

As for the Debuff, its meant to punish you for doing wrong. You stole, assaulted or killed one to too many people and as a result, youre Wanted (Dead or Alive). The Debuff is meant to make sure you dont act up again, so it prevents you from doing anything harmful.

While I DO agree there are corrupt jurors who max it just for spite or trolling, and theres the chance the guy you killed or stole from is now on the jury or his guild mates are there or whatever and the human factor should be removed somehow, how much of a punishment is "Hey, you messed up so dont play for a day" when you have a job or school. Just log on for 4-5 hours a day and do whatever you can (Not going down the prisoner route so dont know what you can do with the Debuff), sell some stuff, tend to your farm, stay in jail and play soccer, whatever. Do that for 4-5 days and youre set. If youre rich, bribe the jurors if they appear corrupt, if you arent hope they arent corrupt. Think of the Debuff like this, most real escapees have to lay low for awhile till we forget about them, change their name, their hair, everything. Most end up hiding in the forest or at a families house or whatever, they cant drive because they might get recognized, cant work because their coworkers heard the news. The Debuff just acts like real life.

First off, first time in jail... Ironwing, you seem like a good guy. But videotaping, ♥♥♥♥♥♥ bots is not really something you think about doing. Don't know how to prove it, but there seems to be a lot of bots in Ynstere. So There is a possibility there is on other servers aswell, you can se by their name most of the time. They go by just slamming the keyboard like "jkjlwq". So the juries should check the reports for those names, not just give the most sentence they can because they think it's fun.

I paid a lot of money for this game, founders pack. And I expect to be able to play most of the days, so should I get punished and be online doing nothing. can't mount up or anything like that. The only thing you can do is run around watching ah, you can't craft or anything like that. The punishment goes to an extreme if we have to be online for the prison time. Could be lvling an alt or anything like that instead, but nope. The debuff doesn't act like real life, in real life the doesn't just tick when you're awake.

huntrshado
09-29-2014, 03:28 PM
How did you get a 28 hour sentence on your first time to jail? Lol I have never seen anything higher than a 30 minute sentence for the first time.

Zeroes
09-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Agreed I think OP is lying through his criminal teeth.

Truetonton
09-29-2014, 10:33 PM
How did you get a 28 hour sentence on your first time to jail? Lol I have never seen anything higher than a 30 minute sentence for the first time.
I had 2400 crime points >.<

Agreed I think OP is lying through his criminal teeth.
Zeroes you're free to think whatever you want.