PDA

View Full Version : (EU) Nui server : New unofficial EU-RP Server?

SemillanZ
09-27-2014, 02:53 AM
Hey all,

I read more and more often in the Dahuta's faction chat that RPers are moving to Nui, so I created a character on Nui and there it has been confirmed to me and when I asked and they explained why: they can grab the land they want and they'll be more between mature and RP focused people.

I must say that since I started to play this game, that's the first time that I encounter some RP action (on Nui) as I never cross any on Dahuta.

So, does many of your EU RPers plan to go there or already did the move?

Nulucy
09-27-2014, 03:12 AM
Noone can stop it if it's already done, but i don't think it's wise to just do it unannounced and i guess it's just a portion of players again. I am trying to make a dialouge happen to discuss to move together in the thread "Rethinking to elect a new inofficial rp server possible?"
So spread the word and make it happen ;)

Jinjos
09-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Nui is definitely the wrong choice! It has queue / is full now too, while Nebe and Janudar seem to still have a low population.

Lovelypinklychee
09-27-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm already there since Dahuta is full.

Bearsus
09-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Nui is definitely the wrong choice! It has queue / is full now too, while Nebe and Janudar seem to still have a low population.

Tonight was teh first time I saw a queue on Nui server since it opened (and that was for about an hour). :D I say if interested join Nui asap, because there's still quite a bit of land to claim in good spots, but that will soon change. and when they lift the character creation restrictions, i'm sure a lot of new players of AA will abandon Nui to play with their friends on the more populated ones.

mattfire
09-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Hey all,

I read more and more often in the Dahuta's faction chat that RPers are moving to Nui, so I created a character on Nui and there it has been confirmed to me and when I asked and they explained why: they can grab the land they want and they'll be more between mature and RP focused people.

I must say that since I started to play this game, that's the first time that I encounter some RP action (on Nui) as I never cross any on Dahuta.

I don't know where you read that but you're horribly wrong. If you're relying on faction chat presumably on one faction that's not a valid source of information given ANYONE can tell you ANYTHING they desire be it trolling or factual information. I don't see how you could have it confirmed we're leaving Dahuta when we are not.... thus I have to tell you that you're wrong.

I am the head admin of the AA EU roleplay forums and have presence on the other forums regarding EU roleplay. On none of the forums nor this one is there any talk of us all leaving and in fact people are becoming settled rather swiftly with public events being staged and planned. If you complain you never encountered roleplay on Dahuta well... you do know the games been out about 2 weeks? People like to play the game and hit 50 before they roleplay especially in a game like this where the economy is wide open for exploitation of resources early on. Gold and land trumps roleplay at first and now as we've seen people hapy with their gains they are coming to roleplay. As I said general roleplay events for all are being hosted and planned and more will be going up over the next week or so.

On behalf of all the forum based communities and the few thousand people who voted on the poll to choose Dahuta I can tell you conclusively we are NOT leaving the server. In fact I see this post as a selfish cry for attention to try and steal people from Dahuta just because you've not been open enough to give things a try yet. Perhaps you believe because we were all in head start and got land before you that means you should go elsewhere. If that's the case I'd like to tell you leaving hundreds to thousands of people who spent money for that advantage and claimed land because you didn't get any is rather selfish, you should respect the effort they put in, and perhaps be more organised. Land is not a reason to move servers especially as when Auroria opens up most the pvpers will relocate.

To reiterate this is not an unannounced migration. Dahuta is our home. Dahuta is the voted for unofficifal roleplay server EU. Dahuta is not being abandoned. We are staying. Spreading ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ about this will create unnecessary community rifts and I suggest you stop if you care about EU roleplay full stop.

Other people posting similar threads do please stop your misinformation campaign.

Nulucy
09-28-2014, 01:49 AM
Hey all,
He came here to confirm or disprove it and you go on and ♥♥♥♥♥ about him. Nice one Mister community head.

420 total votes (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?25022-EU-Unofficial-Role-Play-%28RP%29-Server-Poll)
I am sorry but that is an over exegeration. Beside this poll the French community still went on Eanna (http://archeage-ressource.fr/roleplay/forum/) so did the
German community (http://archeage-online.de/forum/showthread.php?3594-Inoffizielle-RP-Server) in the middle of the voting since they where concerned with the pvp focused community.

So i understand that you are trying to hold what is on dahuta together, but overexegeration and false information will not help you with it.

In fact i find it rather selfish from yourself claiming that the whole community is on dahuta, when in fact it is quite common knowledge that, for now, the community on dahuta is to 90% at least patron only. So how can you claim to have the majority of roleplayers on dahuta, you yorself said that noone has any numbers, but the fact that dahuta is hugly populated from patrons only remains. So pretty much every rp interested player is a founder who started in the headstart? For now.

twitch
09-28-2014, 02:01 AM
mattfire's got a reputation for painting himself as a figurehead. Ignore it.

Anyway, there's a lot of flailing around and indecision going on due to the servers being overwhelmed (the game's even been taken off services such as Steam due to that), so it's probably too early to say for definite if there's any actual migration or whether players are simply spread out due to the character creation lockdown. Hopefully stuff will settle down sooner rather than later.

SemillanZ
09-28-2014, 04:52 AM
Hey all,
No problem mattfire, I won't take offense, I understand and I'm not myself proof to committing errors especially when tired. The solution: delegate, form, trust.
Managing can be quite demanding, depending of the ratio "experience in management/size of the project".

I won't involve myself in a RP community on ArcheAge as I haven't got the time and even:
for RPing I'll be more prompt to log in LotRO or SWtOR anyway.
So I choiced Nui to get the chance to have a look on the housing/farming part of the game but I can't say I'll stay on this game long yet as I find it's missing some tools that are important to me for RPing.

SemillanZ
09-29-2014, 06:39 PM
RP is growing up slightly on Nui and at the inverse of what I read about Dahuta, there's some real RPers here. Not the kind who do not RP during the leveling but those who RP straight away at level 1. Now this is something. Also I'm glad Charlene joined us as she willing to be active in the community and the feeling is "habitual", experience, and very good. So yes, Nui is definitely the overflow RP server and I have the feeling it will become quickly as big as Dahuta in term of community. At least it's starting much better in all ways.

Zak Blayde
09-30-2014, 06:43 AM
Hello,

Hopefully I found this server. I launched this game hoping to find some role play. The start of the game fright me a little. It looks like a theme park MMORPG, people running everywhere following quests alone. I did the same for two hours, hoping that it is just the tutorial.

When do the global gameplay start? Where can I find a good place to start talking to people? Do you feel this game could be a good place for nice role play about politics or religious themes? People fighting to get power, creating interactions, art, imagination, events, building things. This theme park side of the game feel nauseous. It's like every F2P you can find and it seems more solo or small PVE group oriented. But it is only the beginning. What do you think ?

My character is named Contrevent by the way. I think I will make him a bard or something.

SemillanZ
09-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Hello,

Hopefully I found this server. I launched this game hoping to find some role play. The start of the game fright me a little. It looks like a theme park MMORPG, people running everywhere following quests alone. I did the same for two hours, hoping that it is just the tutorial.

When do the global gameplay start? Where can I find a good place to start talking to people? Do you feel this game could be a good place for nice role play about politics or religious themes? People fighting to get power, creating interactions, art, imagination, events, building things. This theme park side of the game feel nauseous. It's like every F2P you can find and it seems more solo or small PVE group oriented. But it is only the beginning. What do you think ?

My character is named Contrevent by the way. I think I will make him a bard or something.
I, or anyone could answer you but it's delicate and it could fall quickly into: is that game good or not for RP which is exactly what you want to know :p

It's f2p, so don't invest yet, as f2p here is done like a trial. Like it a lot and then you'll spend some money if you want/can. You are making your opinion slightly and I'd rather prefer you follow the natural process of discovering the game. The only hint I can give you is, yes: the world will open to you, there's a learning curve here and it's very much appreciable as that's something that disappeared from games, except in EvE Online of course.
In what faction/race, are you playing?
If West, I can help: my IG name is Orodreth, I'm french with a good level of french (don't :D, french is difficult even for the natives) and intermediate in english. My RP level went down tremendously as it's not like biking: no practice, you lose it, especially in an other language than the native one.

Edit: I saw you're a Firran. But Nui is growing very much, it overtook even many other servers in term of population, probably because the name is good as Kyprosa (Nui > all :o in the lore), so you'll find some companions for sure. The storyline is mandatory, other quests much less. Do the trade run quests, make money by selling to the gold traders (longest is the road on the same continent the more gold you'll get, choice products you can grow on public farms, buy 2xAPEX on AH to become patron, "plant" two scarecrows, small and large, built a clipper, then a tractor if you need, and then your house later. You can rush the storyline on an alt to get quickly 50 gilda for the clipper or a thatched farm (more space to plant and a farmhouse on it) and send it to your main.

Nokitten
10-01-2014, 03:45 AM
NOOOOOOOO :(

Pls don't leave Dahuta !!!

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130215125805/lotr/images/thumb/0/05/Elves_leaving_Middle-earth.png/640px-Elves_leaving_Middle-earth.png

Zak Blayde
10-01-2014, 04:03 AM
SemillanZ: Thank you for the answer, it's what i wanted to know. I tried to cultivate but the publics farms are full. I shouldn't have taken a subscription and rushed the theme park storyline. But I hate this, it's really really boring. I hope I will be able to move my character from server after that (I'm also french so let's meet).

Thank you again.

Goshee
10-01-2014, 06:39 AM
In fact I see this post as a selfish cry for attention to try and steal people from Dahuta just because you've not been open enough to give things a try yet. Perhaps you believe because we were all in head start and got land before you that means you should go elsewhere. If that's the case I'd like to tell you leaving hundreds to thousands of people who spent money for that advantage and claimed land because you didn't get any is rather selfish, you should respect the effort they put in, and perhaps be more organised. Land is not a reason to move servers especially as when Auroria opens up most the pvpers will relocate.

To reiterate this is not an unannounced migration. Dahuta is our home. Dahuta is the voted for unofficifal roleplay server EU. Dahuta is not being abandoned. We are staying. Spreading ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ about this will create unnecessary community rifts and I suggest you stop if you care about EU roleplay full stop.

Other people posting similar threads do please stop your misinformation campaign.

Or you know, perhaps the reason people are choosing Nui is because people that are now joining the game are finding the Dahuta server is locked for character creation.

You sound incredibly childish.

Vee
10-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Jeez, he/she was only saying that he/she's heard that some RPers have moved to Nui (I have also heard that), no need to get so upset about it.

Dahuta is our home. Dahuta is the voted for unofficifal roleplay server EU. Dahuta is not being abandoned. We are staying.

You can't speak for everyone, there are people who have moved there.

In fact I see this post as a selfish cry for attention to try and steal people from Dahuta just because you've not been open enough to give things a try yet.

I think that's a really immature accusation.

Snuggy
11-30-2014, 12:07 PM
Hey all,

Snuggy moved to nui from NA server for 2 reasons 1 she can be herself and 2 way too many spam bots snuggy looking for helpful players no matter if they rp or not she plays to make friends and she is always in character no matter how she is speaking you will never see her type the OOC junk because she never is...

Aniki is Handsome
11-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Anyone knows which guilds are Roleplay Guilds in Nui server , East and West side ? most of the guilds i know are either pvp guilds or merchants , never saw a roleplayer in here in a while

Enzos
12-01-2014, 03:43 AM
How is being a merchant or warrior not roleplaying?

Liberator48
12-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Dahuta is the unofficial EU RP-PvP server... although i have yet to see anybody RP :/

Kraethas
12-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Dahuta is the unofficial EU RP-PvP server...

This.

although i have yet to see anybody RP :/

As for this, it is true that roleplay in Dahuta has dwindled. Personally, I cite several reasons that don't really have to do with the server itself. Draenor came out, as well as Dragon Age: Inquisition - meaning that some people get drawn to these games. Hopefully, in a few months when people have grown bored with WoW's new features or they've finished all the combinations of class / race they care to in DA:I, we'll see a rise again. The real people we'll lose are those that decided (or will decide) that ArcheAge is not the game they want after all.

Currently - just because no guild has opted to do so - there is no rp "hub" in any of the major cities. So that idea is up for grabs ^_^

A good alternative for anyone that doesn't mind to do a little bit of sailing or rowing (and then 'binding' to that locaton) is The Wellig Wench (http://archeageroleplayeu.enjin.com/forum/m/25396176/viewthread/16453799-westbar-wellig-wench), a tavern owned by the RP Guild "The Collective". It is usually staffed after 19.00 (UK time) and any and all RPers are welcome to socialize there and in the past we've had a few visits from eastern Roleplayers that could speak Nuian :)