PDA

View Full Version : House placement trolling

Baltromoon
09-27-2014, 03:17 AM
Why is this a thing?

Why do people feel the need to do it?

Our server has space to setup a nice looking housing area, not over flooded like other servers. Instead people plop down houses in the most inconvenient positions when there's a huge open field 15 meters west. So much potential for a nice community, ruined.

Pentalic
09-27-2014, 03:49 AM
RIGHT?! This happened to me. I placed my house on a nice outlook over the ocean in Vilanelle, left to get my farm (to place it in front of my house, securing the view) and came back to the spot filled in by a guy that placed his house 4 units to the right. The most awkward view possible.

Casimyr
09-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Some people are doing it to be jerks to keep people from building "near" them.
Others know that the large farms can be upgraded to 24x24 plots (Construction proficiency) and want to secure the required room to do this, once Trion gets around to adding the last piece required to our version of the game.
Others, that build 16x16 houses, might be trying to secure the land near-ish so they can sell it off as a 24x24 plot, or to upgrade the small house to a farmhouse.

It isn't too hard to tell which aim the person has, but yes, unfortunately, sometimes people just do it to be an ♥♥♥-hat.

Since this server has been flaunting the "available land" and "no queue" many people are coming here to start or re-rolling here, like I did.
That increased population is both good and bad.
Good because the AH prices will drop and stabilize, groups will be easier, PvP will be more populated, Guilds will grow to progress the PvE stuff.
Bad because, land grabbers will appear and snag up 20 plots with the most inconvenient placement possible, griefers will come out of the wood-works, All those over-sea trade runs I'm doing will get quite a lot more dangerous, haha.

Just grab land where you can if you REALLY want a house or farm down, then hold out and wait for the sudden rush to wear off. Taxes come due two weeks after placement + payment, and each week after that. Subs will die out, the people that whine and cry about no "end game" will grow bored and move on. Plots will begin opening up in more ideal locals.

PandaYang
09-28-2014, 01:36 AM
the pain there still place near the hot spring i mde my first house there :)

Knuxx
09-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Is there still a good amount of land to get on this server? even a 24x24?

Malorey
09-28-2014, 01:57 AM
.... left to get my farm (to place it in front of my house, securing the view) ...

Huge mistake!

Casimyr
09-28-2014, 07:29 AM
Is there still a good amount of land to get on this server? even a 24x24?

The "safe" zones are just about full. Still a handful of spots for 24x24 and 16x16s in Falcorth Plains.
You'll want to start looking into the "unsafe" zones by this point. Ynystere, Rookborne, Windscour, Hasla, and Permoor.

Tyrinel
09-28-2014, 08:29 AM
I was searching for a place to put my cottage and small farm. Ended up finding *just* enough room in the Falcorth Plains. The way people have been placing their farms and such have been a pet peeve of mine since I started this game.
When I was reading the housing guide, it mentioned that the housing areas are not the only places you can place houses. Apparently there are random areas that are usable, but you have to find them.

Nynnaeve
09-28-2014, 08:47 AM
I was in Gweonid looking for a house spot and found one WAY tucked in the back up against a cliff... but forgot I had no labor to place or pay taxes XD

JenRenegade
10-01-2014, 01:11 AM
If anyone knows of a 16x16 or 24x24 spot in either white arden or marianople, let me know or at least someone willing to sell or get rid of there plot. Decided to re-roll and start new, hoping to grab land considering how overcrowded ollo is and the ridiculous amount pple want for plots :/