PDA

View Full Version : Guild vs Guild competition/tournament

Nothingtoseehere
09-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Would like to see if there are any guilds currently interested in maybe getting a guild vs guild tournament or competition started.
Might be 10 vs 10 up to 50 vs 50 depending on what is preferred.

Video's of every match would be nice to have off course.
Any suggestions?

Ollerus
09-28-2014, 12:49 AM
Meh. We'll get enough of this here in a few months, until then just get ready.

Shootersa
09-28-2014, 12:54 AM

^ this :D

Nothingtoseehere
09-28-2014, 01:09 AM

Thats just boring

Ollerus
09-28-2014, 01:28 AM
And I think it's fun, point?

Nothingtoseehere
09-28-2014, 01:48 AM
And I think it's fun, point?

I was looking for people that would be interested in getting this started.

You obviously arent interested yet.... so whats the point of filling this thread with these kind of posts?

Ollerus
09-28-2014, 02:34 AM
You're guaging interest, I began by showing disinterest, how is that not following the theme of the post? Then I was just following up on your comments, so the better question, why are you filling this thread with those kind of comments?

Nothingtoseehere
09-28-2014, 02:45 AM
You're guaging interest, I began by showing disinterest, how is that not following the theme of the post? Then I was just following up on your comments, so the better question, why are you filling this thread with those kind of comments?

Again im looking for people that ARE interested.
I dont see it written anywhere that im looking for people that are not interested in doing so.

Would like to see if there are any guilds currently interested in maybe getting a guild vs guild tournament or competition started.

I might be wrong here but im pretty sure im asking for GUILDS CURRENTLY INTERESTED.
Not guilds/people that are not interested.

So can we please stop this useless discussion?

HidekiG
09-28-2014, 03:24 AM
Already in the works.

Patience, young'un.

WNxRip
09-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Seems alot more interesting than the idea I came up with in the car on the way home from work today: A monthly or so Guild Leader meeting on TS3 where all the leaders of the guilds on Kyprossa meet up on TS3, Basically like the fellowship of the ring where we all get round a table, and then we'll time how long it takes for that meeting to turn into a flame war where we all start chatting ♥♥♥♥ about the guild leaders we dislike.

Funny but pointless

killimandros
09-28-2014, 08:34 AM
guild vs guild fights is what attracts me and other guilds to MMO's. WAR had some ok tournaments (player organized), which I remember with a smile, so Ill be positive to any initiative like this. Would be interesting to see if theres actually more than pve guilds on the server (obviously not those responding so far in this thread). What about just start making a "our guild will be outside Haven, Hellswamp at 19:00 GMT", then another guild picks up the glove, and first come first served.

xReorks
09-28-2014, 09:32 AM
While i would absolutely vouche for this event to happen a part of me is remembering that i went to ArcheAge to forget the "arranged fight madness" that was already outtaking most of the games i played.
Thus i hope to don't see it all over here, as we have a quite nice population on kyprosa and pvp is going to happen anywhere , anytime, as soon as you look for it.
Yet best not to rely that much on the faction system, but this will settle once auroria opening (since now my post will contain the word "Auroria", just because...) many guilds will clash each other to control a territory or a spot.
Yet with Hasla and Halcyona predictably outdated for most of the playerbase this would surely be a cool event and if we want to partake, well, i'm in as long i can arc lighting people and leliana. :D

Sylar
09-28-2014, 10:08 AM
I would say it's better to wait out these queue issues and then organize something like this.

Mordran
09-29-2014, 03:42 AM
While i would absolutely vouche for this event to happen a part of me is remembering that i went to ArcheAge to forget the "arranged fight madness" that was already outtaking most of the games i played.

lol, so scared of even fights ? Yes my dear, thats not the ganking easy mode you usually do ^^

Ollerus
09-29-2014, 03:53 AM
lol, so scared of even fights ? Yes my dear, thats not the ganking easy mode you usually do ^^

I'm pretty sure the key word he was focusing on was "arranged" and not the made up ♥♥♥♥ you said, but you can be a dick if you want.

As in, he's referring to liking the somewhat spontaneous large scale fights here in AA rather than pre arranged ones in other games.

AALust
09-29-2014, 10:26 AM
You just gave me plenty of ideas for games with tradepacks =D

xReorks
09-29-2014, 07:18 PM

Yea, i'm so scared that i'm actually duo-ing all over haranya forcing your guilds to bring entire raids to stop our duckshooting, 2-3 v 10+ and still we do NOT die. thats how good you are, ofc i'm scared.
Now i'll back to my easy mode, hopefully we'll meet :)

I'm pretty sure the key word he was focusing on was "arranged" and not the made up ♥♥♥♥ you said, but you can be a dick if you want.

As in, he's referring to liking the somewhat spontaneous large scale fights here in AA rather than pre arranged ones in other games.

He's bad at being a dick as he's bad at pvping, he's one of those people that asks for equal fights when he realize to be at whichever disadvantage.
Thank you for trying to explain my post to somebody that clearly has a negative IQ, but wasn't really needed.

And yea, i dislike arranged fights for the simple reason that ... they are arranged.
Lets be real , in an arranged fight there's nothing to lose, nothing to gain, its the denial end of a meaningful pvp situation that a sandbox should promote.
And there's plenty of areas, plenty of reasons to jump into a massive fight, i myself caused an hundred of small pvp to become larger one involving multiple guilds, why should i resort to arrange a fight with my enemies? why should i ever want them to be prepared for my attack? thats not a sandbox mentality, thats a desperate try of themepark players that can't find pvp in the odds they wish.

MamaDosvidoss
09-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Yea, i'm so scared that i'm actually duo-ing all over haranya forcing your guilds to bring entire raids to stop our duckshooting, 2-3 v 10+ and still we do NOT die. thats how good you are, ofc i'm scared.
Now i'll back to my easy mode, hopefully we'll meet :)

He's bad at being a dick as he's bad at pvping, he's one of those people that asks for equal fights when he realize to be at whichever disadvantage.
Thank you for trying to explain my post to somebody that clearly has a negative IQ, but wasn't really needed.

And yea, i dislike arranged fights for the simple reason that ... they are arranged.
Lets be real , in an arranged fight there's nothing to lose, nothing to gain, its the denial end of a meaningful pvp situation that a sandbox should promote.
And there's plenty of areas, plenty of reasons to jump into a massive fight, i myself caused an hundred of small pvp to become larger one involving multiple guilds, why should i resort to arrange a fight with my enemies? why should i ever want them to be prepared for my attack? thats not a sandbox mentality, thats a desperate try of themepark players that can't find pvp in the odds they wish.
+

M4r00n
09-30-2014, 03:46 AM
@xReorks

I think you're painting a very black and white picture there without any need for it. I do enjoy the random fights and just escalates into madness, but I do enjoy the occasional arranged skrimms as well. Practise against other guilds or players is fun and very useful when making up strats and builds. I also like arranged fights to settle a grudge between players and guilds.
This does not, however, mean that I don't enjoy fighting outnumbered, because that's what gets the blood pumping.
Some want arranged fights, some don't. Just move on with your lives.

Kittens
09-30-2014, 03:50 AM
You can have both dont see a issue here

xReorks
09-30-2014, 06:11 PM
You can have both dont see a issue here

Yea, that'll be fine as long as the arrangement doesn't take off from spontaneous ones. :)
I'll partake to both as PvP is what keeps me hooked to the online gaming.