PDA

View Full Version : Forum Contest for Alpha Invite

Principe
03-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Hey since they made this forum for this use, wouldn't a contest be a good idea?
The reward may vary from 5-10 alpha keys and what not, this way the forum may see more activities. And besides, forums are always left out :mad:

Trion, it would be nice if you form an event/activity in here, forums, and hopefully the winners may be rewarded handsomely -- and by handsomely, I mean keys.

Palinore
03-26-2014, 08:05 PM
I'll support it if you hand over a key if you win multiples. =)

Principe
03-26-2014, 08:07 PM
Wait, don't misunderstand me please :P
I meant TRION should hand out alpha keys for the contest, if there will ever be one.

Mavol
03-26-2014, 08:08 PM
meh, i was never really a fan of key contests

Voom
03-26-2014, 08:15 PM
I think they should just invite ALL of us :)

Westeller
03-26-2014, 08:16 PM
I'll support it if you hand over a key if you win multiples. =)

^ I'm with this guy.

... ^ and this guy.

Either way sounds good to me!
...If there's some kind of contest, though, can we make it one I have a shot of winning? I mean, for example, I couldn't even draw a decent stickman with a pile of art materials and a month to get it right, so anything that would require me to draw would be bad D=

Roda
03-26-2014, 08:25 PM

I like how you think, buster!

Imperius
03-26-2014, 08:44 PM
The Forum is pretty active for its young age :) Lets just hope they put it in beta soon so we dont need alpha key contests here :D

Scapes
03-26-2014, 09:10 PM
Hey since they made this forum for this use, wouldn't a contest be a good idea?

In a word, yes. We're already scheming fun contests potentially for alpha access. Are there any particular flavor contests you all prefer?

Path
03-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Oh, hey, it's Scapes. Hi Scapes /wave

I like drawings (as in random selection of people), but that's mostly because I have no talent and is probably the only way I'd win something ;)

But we could also have maybe the most helpful/useful members get alpha invites, or the people who make the top fanart pieces/fan videos.

Addanc
03-26-2014, 09:22 PM
do something that doesn't revolve entirely on talent drawing or storytelling or something like that. it should be practical enough that everybody has a chance even if it's a slim one. at least that's my opinion.

Noah
03-26-2014, 09:23 PM
Oh, hey, it's Scapes. Hi Scapes /wave

I like drawings (as in random selection of people), but that's mostly because I have no talent and is probably the only way I'd win something ;)

But we could also have maybe the most helpful/useful members get alpha invites, or the people who make the top fanart pieces/fan videos.

I like it.

Principe
03-26-2014, 09:24 PM
In a word, yes. We're already scheming fun contests potentially for alpha access. Are there any particular flavor contests you all prefer?

Wow! :D
That just made my night and well experience posts --such as a story depicting your experiences throughout your gaming career-- would be great -- I'll most likely lose though as I'm quite young, but it should be fun for the older people.
Video-editing perhaps?
Picture-editing as well for some other MMORPGs

Essay would be nice as well, but we have to realize that not everyone has English as their first language -- me included, but I'm learning slowly ^^ -- and well, that's about it.

Edit to come when i can think of something :)

OH! Actually, what about a video that can sum up several players within a game expressing their feelings for Archeage? For example, in my game Uncharted Waters Online or Guild Wars 2, i can -- others as well-- can organize an event of several players and then do something classy like asking them to yell out "ArcheAge, i'm coming for you!" and commit a dancing action within the game or whatnot and thereafter modify it. Who knows? There's lots of minds here :)

And i'm contradicting myself (about the essay part) but an answer to this question: "What is game to you? And how does this specific subject define your current self?"

I just want Closed Alpha, i'll do anything for it o.o"

Requiem
03-26-2014, 09:26 PM
I'll do Anything for an alpha test ! Well except eating that cap that Scapes wears...lol

TehFrank
03-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Something Nyancat related for the contest =^.^=

Westeller
03-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Mmmm. Well, hey, as long as it's lotsa fun, win or lose, anything's fine, y'know? A drawing (random selection) or something of the kind would be rather dull, I think.. It'd be over before it really began. I can't draw (artistically) at all, and my deisgn skills of all types just plain suck, but even things like that would be preferable, because I'd at least get to enjoy seeing what everyone else came up with - private submissions are a no-no!~

Scapes
03-26-2014, 09:29 PM
I'll do Anything for an alpha test ! Well except eating that cap that Scapes wears...lol

I actually had to eat this hat once. Was playing The Resistance (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41114/the-resistance) and insisted someone was a spy, claiming I'd eat my hat if they weren't.

I was wrong. Om nom nom.

Amary
03-26-2014, 09:33 PM
As someone completely lacking in artistic ability... I totally get where some of you are coming from on the drawing/poetry/fiction contests. :D Unless it's "best-terrible MS Paint diagram".

Mavol
03-26-2014, 09:36 PM
I actually had to eat this hat once. Was playing The Resistance (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41114/the-resistance) and insisted someone was a spy, claiming I'd eat my hat if they weren't.

I was wrong. Om nom nom.

Nobodys ever not a spy..just a good spy. You were right suspect everyone! Trust no one lol

Path
03-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Ay! Double hit of awesome! I vote for picture of Scapes trying to eat his hat.

A multi-art-plop (as in all mediums of sfw art) could be a good contest, but also super hard to judge.

yuyu
03-26-2014, 09:57 PM
http://s11.postimg.org/j4e551q1f/Untitled.png

Ravrohan
03-26-2014, 09:58 PM
As long as it's not just an art contest, I've seen a lot of games where the contests were focused on drawing.

Requiem
03-26-2014, 10:00 PM

Wow that's a nice picture, I could never draw like that..:(

LunaNahueli
03-26-2014, 10:05 PM
... now I want to draw something ... thank you ... : p
XD a;skjfkdjsafdsa. /to the notebook/batmobile
/reach for the stars
/there's a snake in my boot
/to Infinity and beyond

Amary
03-26-2014, 10:10 PM

Glorious. I like the details, such as the grain crops ready to harvest and the jagged lines of white clouds in the sky. :D

FireCait
03-26-2014, 10:12 PM

Now that's art!

Admiral Mooloaf
03-26-2014, 10:18 PM

How bout something i've never seen anyone do?
An Anti-Joke contest, whoever gets the best laughs from the dev team wins!

or a Poetry contest, if ya'll are into that kinda thing (either humorous or any topic you make the rules)

Best planned guild theme and name? I know my fraternal little and I have an amazing guild name and theme planned out and i cant wait to make people laugh at it xD

Astraea
03-26-2014, 10:18 PM

I was wrong. Om nom nom.

That game breaks relationships just as fast as Battlestar Galactica, the board game.

Voldrax
03-26-2014, 10:21 PM
How about the most body hair... err, no. just no... maybe the least... wait... NO! OMG, NO!... perhaps the most unusual... KRIPES NOOO!!! lemme get back to ya on that.... :p

Requiem
03-26-2014, 10:22 PM
How about the most body hair... err, no. just no... maybe the least... wait... NO! OMG, NO!... perhaps the most unusual... KRIPES NOOO!!! lemme get back to ya on that.... :p

Man I don't want to know just how hairy you really are...:P

Zeus007
03-26-2014, 10:27 PM
I actually like the "drawing" from a raffle concept because it's random!~!~! But I know it doesn't necessarily lend itself to bringing us together as one big happy, wholesome, sitcom-y community. lol

Still. . . my votes for something like a draw. Something creative could probably accompany that drawing process but it's 1am where I'm located and I'm out of red bull so count me out of good ideas. ;D

yuyu
03-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Glorious. I like the details, such as the grain crops ready to harvest and the jagged lines of white clouds in the sky. :D

Now that's art!

Wow that's a nice picture, I could never draw like that..:(

Thank you:)

Voldrax
03-26-2014, 10:37 PM
Man I don't want to know just how hairy you really are...:P

LOL! Actually, I have hair all the way down my back, but it all originates on my head... tyvm. :p

Roda
03-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Caption contests are always a good go-to.
Pimp-my-boat contest? (Design a radical boat, points for style not for artistic prowess)
Irl cat -> Firran cosplay contest?
Staff LARP-a-thon, where we bet on who'll survive. The people who guessed correctly get put in a drawing for a key.
Dream house layout contest. (GRAPHING PAPER!)
Propaganda poster design contest
Secretly picking your forum favorites.
War rally song/chant contest.
Ads for your trading company / body guard service / hired goons / pirate crew contest.

That's all I got for now.

Westeller
03-26-2014, 10:44 PM
LOL! Actually, I have hair all the way down my back, but it all originates on my head... tyvm. :p

Longer than mine, then! Only goes around halfway down my back, when I hold it straight.
It's also..naturally curly? So it doesn't usually even reach that far.

... wait, darnit, does this mean you win!?

Admiral Mooloaf
03-26-2014, 10:47 PM
xD what do you guys think lmao

http://puu.sh/7Lb2H.jpg

Scapes
03-26-2014, 10:51 PM
xD what do you guys think lmao

http://i.imgur.com/DJwGcgJ.gif

Voldrax
03-26-2014, 10:52 PM

LOL! A firran on a cow... makes sense... endless supply of milk for your travels! :D

I hope you plan to stop and clean up the mooloaves from the road. ;)

Admiral Mooloaf
03-26-2014, 10:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DJwGcgJ.gif

at first i laughed i love gif responses! then i cried lol! never expected such a heartwarming response

/bow /bow /bow

xD LOL

Requiem
03-26-2014, 10:56 PM
LOL! A firran on a cow... makes sense... endless supply of milk for your travels! :D

I hope you plan to stop and clean up the mooloaves from the road. ;)

Yea your cow will poop and poop often on your adventures, I pass out everytime I see a cow on the road.. :D

Admiral Mooloaf
03-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Yea your cow will poop and poop often on your adventures, I pass out everytime I see a cow on the road.. :D

well actually mooloaf is a play off of meat loaf :3 but i guess people can interpret it that way c:

Requiem
03-26-2014, 11:00 PM

Check out the ending of this very nice fan made video and you will understand what I mean..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cap9ZhNM34&feature=youtu.be

Admiral Mooloaf
03-26-2014, 11:04 PM
i'm watching it now, but the theme of my guild will be to force all members in it to ride cows for mounts, and we kinda wanna do the pirate roleplay thing ya know xD

so backstory behind it is that Bubona is the roman goddess of cattle xD hence the name lol, but let me watch this video real quick - i've been following this game for 2 years now but im not quite sure what you mean xD

Admiral Mooloaf
03-26-2014, 11:08 PM
Check out the ending of this very nice fan made video and you will understand what I mean..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cap9ZhNM34&feature=youtu.be

amg yes! LMAO THATS EVEN BETTER!
God i really wish i could play this game right now, i have nothing better to do with my time due to my horrible series of unfortunate events that keep occurring to me right now, but man im bee lining it to the cow mount lmao

LunaNahueli
03-26-2014, 11:14 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/085/5/9/sdj_a_by_layaamaranthi-d7bstn0.jpg

There is one of what I sketched. I call it "Would you like some fish?"

someday, I will get me a cintiq. And life will be heaven. XD
... after I learn how to use photoshop and LAYERS (because layers are a nightmare)

Roda
03-26-2014, 11:18 PM
... after I learn how to use photoshop and LAYERS (because layers are a nightmare)

Layers are a godsend.

LunaNahueli
03-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Layers are a godsend.

I don't understand them. Every time I think I do, I get confused all over again. How they should work and how they do work ... the mechanics/know-how of it, just ... my brain explodes and then gives up. Maybe I should buy a 'layers for dummies' book ... they have one of those for everything else in the world.

Anywho, sorry, back to the topic-ish ...

I'm terrible at contests, so I'll just wait. But then people started mentioning art, and I love to draw, so. I shall go make a topic in Off-Topic. <3

Voldrax
03-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Layers are a godsend.

amen.

Here's an album cover concept I put together in Photoshop for my soon to be released album entitled "First Contact":

http://i.imgur.com/xrjwRgc.jpg

Mavol
03-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Man know what i would love?? A windows desktop theme for archeage, with screen savers,wallpaper, maybe even like icon changes and sounds. Oh man that'd be great :)

LunaNahueli
03-27-2014, 12:13 AM
Man know what i would love?? A windows desktop theme for archeage, with screen savers,wallpaper, maybe even like icon changes and sounds. Oh man that'd be great :)

that ... yes, yes it would. :D

Voldrax, that is amazing. :)

rawfox
03-27-2014, 12:34 AM
You know, when you need a new appartment and there is no offers but one or two ...
People tend to gather in masses, everyone wants that appartment but there is only one key and the landlord creates some kind of contest ...
So people start singing, dancing, being totally the clown, only to get that appartment ...

I was never in such things, under such circumstances i dont want a key.
And that, because i really want a key, but not rubbing my proud inside for it ^^
I dont wanna win a key, i want get one, because we all would have good from that :p

So, have fun on your contest and dont forget to throw the code in my PM !!!
^^ thats the importand part ^^

LunaNahueli
03-27-2014, 12:46 AM
I don't think there is exactly a contest at the moment (???) people just started posting stuff and so I posted stuff and pictures are fun ... XD

If I could just forget about ArcheAge until it's actually out that'd be great. It's what I did for guild wars 2. Unfortunately that strategy doesn't seem to be working this time.

Oskar
03-27-2014, 07:10 AM

Just in general making people laugh? :D

Deithrian
03-27-2014, 07:22 AM
... .... ....

Senpai noticed
03-27-2014, 07:30 AM
They should just do something where everyone has equal chance of winning. Not all of us can draw, make jokes, poems, stories, etc. Just do something very bland like "Guess the number" or "Guess the color."

To be honest I prefer if they just sold them in founder packs.

Westeller
03-27-2014, 07:37 AM
They should just do something where everyone has equal chance of winning. Not all of us can draw, make jokes, poems, stories, etc. Just do something very bland like "Guess the number" or "Guess the color."

To be honest I prefer if they just sold them in founder packs.

If they want to sell them, I wouldn't hesitate a bit to pony up the dough just to play even a week earlier.. but, hell, even if they did, I still think a few contests here and there would be loads of fun. Bland contests can be okay, but to be honest I'd prefer something a little more interesting and enjoyable. Hmmm.. well, you're definitely right that not everyone can do everything, but they could always opt for quantity as a solution to that, ne? Instead of one perfect contest for everyone, several less perfect contests would be fine. That is, something like a poem writing contest could be lots of fun and get a lot of people involved coming up with a ton of poems - some good, some bad, some silly, all fun. Then, because that contest might not have been fair to everyone, they could do another a bit later, y'know?

reighnman
03-27-2014, 07:43 AM
All of these have been WELL beyond my artistic capabilities. I can do stick figures though!

GlennAd
03-27-2014, 07:44 AM
Well, to get some of the most dedicated fans, you can hold a quiz about the game. Like, question about thing you can find/do/craft/etc. in-game

Deithrian
03-27-2014, 08:14 AM
... .... ....

m1sbhv
03-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Please make a drawing contest, I wanna draw something nice for you <3
http://weknowmemes.com/generator/uploads/generated/g1333946573716294511.jpg

Admiral Mooloaf
03-27-2014, 11:46 AM
Please make a drawing contest, I wanna draw something nice for you <3
http://weknowmemes.com/generator/uploads/generated/g1333946573716294511.jpg

did you not see my drawing in an earlier post on this thread LOL

someone else did it first xD

sillywabbit
03-27-2014, 11:52 AM

A contest where people with learning disabilities can win :( I never won a contest they always about lore or make a nice post with a story :(

a random number gen would be better, maybe add a little servery to get some player imput about certain things coming to your NA version

Astraea
03-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Whenever I see art contests employed by other game groups, I usually see them being multi-media contests overall. Say, you may not be able to draw, but you can do some awesome photoshop wizardry with a few screenshots or something...

Albeit there's no way to get screenshots for this game atm unless you do other client versions...

Pheonix82
03-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Some fun contest that everyone has a chance to win, so don't make it to hard i wanna win lol :D

m1sbhv
03-27-2014, 11:57 AM
did you not see my drawing in an earlier post on this thread LOL

someone else did it first xD

Here is no contest yet =)

Locket
03-27-2014, 12:00 PM

Contest for most epic cat beard.
http://catbearding.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/cat-with-a-cat-beard.jpg

Braiking07
03-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Contest always sounds nice!

Jaserion
03-27-2014, 05:04 PM
on rift forum, they've done trivia contests with answer can be found on the website itself. something to think about. :)

Ironfield
03-28-2014, 01:37 AM

A particular flavor of contest that I prefer? Yeah one I win :)

In all honesty though a contest were everyone's got an equal footing in winning. So a random draw work in that regard.

-Ironfield

Randomfacter
03-28-2014, 02:08 AM
A particular flavor of contest that I prefer? Yeah one I win :)

In all honesty though a contest were everyone's got an equal footing in winning. So a random draw work in that regard.

-Ironfield

This idea I like. It gives those of us lacking in special art, story, etc type skills a chance to actually win.

jlease92
03-28-2014, 02:31 AM
My type of forum contest would be a new name for the founders edition.
"The Ginormous Glamorous Golden Diamond Party Club Founders Edition"

LunaNahueli
03-28-2014, 03:24 AM
The Fantabulously Fabulous Fancy Founders Edition? XD XD

Vikeri
03-28-2014, 04:04 AM
Photo contest from around the World would be nice (photos somehow connected with AA).

KeksX
03-28-2014, 04:08 AM
Photo contest from around the World would be nice (photos somehow connected with AA).

Got the perfect AA related RL picture

http://cfnewsads.thomasnet.com/images/large/581/581798.jpg

Whoever gets it gets a cookie.

Locklear Aoi
03-28-2014, 06:39 AM
amen.

Here's an album cover concept I put together in Photoshop for my soon to be released album entitled "First Contact":

http://i.imgur.com/xrjwRgc.jpg

*Whistles softly,* Oh, nice work there! And deffently glad that layers are around!

Locklear Aoi
03-28-2014, 06:46 AM

*Tilts her head, thinking.* Ummmm... How about a Rocky Road one? Or Cookies and Cream, Moose Tracks, Tiger Tail, Butterscotch ripple, Orange Sorbey? Lemon Ice! Or possibly a Mint Chip? *Smiles as she waves to Scapes.*

Majestyk
03-28-2014, 06:56 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img513/8156/k5aa.png

By Me!! I love ArcheAge!!