PDA

View Full Version : Demanth's Spam Block List - An effort to keep the chat clean!

Demanth
09-28-2014, 08:39 AM
Hey! Since unblockable (well..not unblockable. You just can't see their names on the chat) gold sellers are becoming a real issue, I decided to put online my list of blocked gold sellers.

My chat is spam free most of the times, unless a new Gold Seller shows up. Once it does, the list gets updated.

Keep in mind this list might not be up to date everytime you check it. I will keep it updated everytime Im online.

http://tinyurl.com/NuiSpam

Cheers.

Bearsus
09-28-2014, 08:47 AM
Nice idea but I think they delete the chars they use for spamming at the same rate as new ones are created.

Demanth
09-28-2014, 08:55 AM
Nice idea but I think they delete the chars they use for spamming at the same rate as new ones are created.

Well once they delete the chars, the game automatically unblocks them. So all the names you have on your blocking list still exist.

Phase
09-29-2014, 07:00 AM

They do not delete the chars. If your referring to the situation when you immediately block someone that just spammed and you get the message "That character does not exist" it's 99% cases a fake name being used in the chatbox.

Example:

[Faction]fsdfasdasd:

[Faction]rewr: www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal
[Faction]gfds: www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal
[Faction]trew: www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal www.lamesite.anal

The chars rewr, gfds, trew are fake made up names, but apparantly the chatbox works so, when you type it like that the fake names actually register as names, and thus become clickable for befriending and what not. They also always seem to be only 4 characters in length, maybe this is needed for it to become "clickable".

The real culprit in this example is ofcourse character fsdfasdasd, which has put so many spaces at the start of his message the chatbox bugs out and refuses to show the beginning of the message.

Yesterday the solution was to set font size to minimal and chatbox resized as big as possible, which enabled you to just see the spammers name.
But alas, they found a way to use even more spaces and now this also does not work anymore...