PDA

View Full Version : Nation chat has become the unofficial french chat channel?

Pigglebee
09-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Dear French,

When playing the game, whenever my chatbox displays a green line, it's in French. Whole conversations are taking place in French. I do not speak French. The green chat (nation) could have been a dedicated goldseller spam channel and it would have had the same effect.

I really really support language specific chat channels where everyone can talk in their own language. Also, I totally understand not everybody talks English here in Europe (This is actually a major goof on XLGames that they didn't foresee this...ability to create chat channels like in WoW should have been in long ago, especially since we have so many languages here in Europe).

but please, don't force me to block the nation chat channel because I can't read it. Don't use it as a 'slowchat' channel. If you can't speak English, sure, a question here and there is ok, but please no entire conversations.

Imagine if everybody would claim a channel. The dutch would speak dutch in /f, the Russians would take over /shout with their cyrillic speak. It isolates people and provokes racist hate chat.

Hopefully, a French person can bring this message over to the French community. In EU, it's fine if you speak the occasional non-English in the channels, but please, don't claim a complete channel. It looks like a big f*ck-you to non-French people.

Peace out.

Teza
09-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Let me just add that this is valid for everyone and not only french. I have been seeing way too many germans, italian etc.

Thanks!

Pigglebee
09-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Let me just add that this is valid for everyone and not only french. I have been seeing way too many germans, italian etc.

Thanks!

Although I must admit, it wasn't as bad as yesterday as over the weekend. Thank you all for that! We're one big shiny happy family :cool: