PDA

View Full Version : Can't find land

dbrior
09-29-2014, 07:21 PM
I paid for patorn not only to support the game... But because I wanted to build a farm. I just got my scarecrow farm and there's no space anywhere... And especially not in temperate climates... What do I do to get land?

Khaaannnn
09-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Pray.

Or grief.

Or wait.

Vantwan
09-29-2014, 07:26 PM
Unless you're in one of the servers which had a headstart I don't see how you can't find ANY place to put down your stuff. Just today in Enla I visited Windscour and there was plenty of space available. If you look hard enough I'm sure there is somewhere you can put down your farm, just don't be picky and demand that you get temperate+coastside in a safe zone cause you're out of luck, just like many others.

dbrior
09-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Ezi wasn't a head start server was it?

Khaaannnn
09-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Ezi wasn't a head start server was it?

No. Actually, I've seen available land on Ezi not too long ago. But mostly in PvP zones.

Syce
09-29-2014, 07:32 PM
you probably wont find land unless you get extremely lucky. it really is just too bad that some have to take A LOT of land away from others but it is what it is.

Vantwan
09-29-2014, 07:37 PM
No. Actually, I've seen available land on Ezi not too long ago. But mostly in PvP zones.

And that's the problem with most of these whiners on the forums about "QQ NO LAAAAAAAAND" cause they all expect to have a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ocean-view house + scarecrow farm in Vilanelle and they think it's the end of the world when (obviously) there are no spots left there. To these people the housing areas in pvp zones don't even exist.

Meliut
10-03-2014, 10:07 AM
I play on Naima... please show me where to find land available. I'm a patron using the 1 week 8x8 public plots and looking for ANY land. I'm even looking for the hidden ones, away from any vendors or bank.

If I could move my char and my guild I would go to one of those new servers. But it is really BAD that a game system would make me even think about that.

Erokusan
01-03-2015, 09:25 AM
And that's the problem with most of these whiners on the forums about "QQ NO LAAAAAAAAND" cause they all expect to have a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ocean-view house + scarecrow farm in Vilanelle and they think it's the end of the world when (obviously) there are no spots left there. To these people the housing areas in pvp zones don't even exist.

Actually thats not entirely true, there are people on older servers who are literally just looking for 8x8 scarecrow farms places, and trust me, most of the time pvp zones are taken to
I have a scarecrow farm personally and am wanting to upgrade to Thatched Farmhouse, but there is literally even less chances of that than what I have :/

junweizhu
01-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Actually thats not entirely true, there are people on older servers who are literally just looking for 8x8 scarecrow farms places, and trust me, most of the time pvp zones are taken to
I have a scarecrow farm personally and am wanting to upgrade to Thatched Farmhouse, but there is literally even less chances of that than what I have :/

Actually, in the beginning people complained there was no land as they only wanted prime spots and as time goes on they give up, looking at other places only to realize they're also taken by then. They lost lot of chances to get land because they kept complaining about prime spots without getting a spot elsewhere. That's in the beginning I guess.

It's obvious land is going to be hard to come by in highly populated servers or servers with lots of people who doesn't know how to be efficient and/or focusing on only high rng stuff like TS and those bear cubs.

If you're in melisara and need a 16x16 farm because you don't have any, I have one spot you can get.

Bandito
01-03-2015, 09:55 AM

Hmm... dare you speak for all old servers? Please don't speak for Salphira. Lots and I mean lots of 8x8's in every location. Anything larger is still hard to get but that's just something a little patience and work will still get you.

kiralia
01-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Even on ollo there are lots of 8x8 spots freely available, anything larger you either have to get very lucky with an expiring land grab or buy from someone who is selling up. Prices are a lot lower than they used to be though and even with just 1 or 2 8x8 farms you can still make money and save up to be able to buy something larger. Patron did not guarantee anyone land, just the ability to take it if you can find it.

Fargrist
01-03-2015, 03:26 PM
10% of players have 100% of the land.

Cheating is how you are guaranteed land, people make $40 a time when selling the program to automatically place land.

Trion made a huge mistake with land.

"Become a Patron. Your land. Your rules."

Trubbles
01-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Don't necro old threads from September ffs. Yea cheaters have the majority of the land, but over time I've managed to acquire several prime properties, so it takes a bit of effort and anyone can own almost anything. Let's not be ridiculous. Good plots are hard to come by and costly, but you can even own those and manors to place on them.

Amused Observer
01-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Land is still plentiful over at Auroria. the climate is AWESOME for growing stuff. Also, if you're looking to get a TS tree farm set up, Auroria is actually a great place to do it, as pines mature much faster in 2 days (rather than 2 days + 10 hours).

Hobgoblyn
01-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Found a 24x24 outside marianople tonight. Destroyed my 8x8 in Two Crowns and found space for it right next to my new 24.

I then destroyed my 16x16 house, also in Marianople as there's simply zero market to sell it, 2 hrs later when I logged, the plot was still empty.

I now have 3 16x16 farms one 24x24 cottage and one 8x8 all outside Marianople, all found empty without having to buy any. All found in the past few weeks when I destroyed my land on Auroria due to me leaving the guild I was in. Again no market to sell land in Auroria and last time I looked, I could have placed my 24x24 in about 20 odd places there without looking very hard.

Tonight I noticed I could also place my 8x8 right next to one of my 16x16 (right by the East Marianople gate) but chose to put it next to my 24x24 instead.

I'm on Orchidna, plenty of spare 8x8, while looking for a 24 yesterday I noticed a fair few empty 16x16, yesterday I did find a 24x24 but it wasn't in Marianople so after seeing many properties expire tonight and tomorrow, I decided to wait. I was the only person at the 24x24 that became available tonight.

As for how active the game is, I started playing in October, I have noticed a huge drop in players. Sure there's still plenty of people around, but it seems to be the same names from the same 3 or 4 guilds.

I joined a guild after asking in the guild hall section of this forum on 25th October. Within 3 weeks they chose to merge with another guild due to falling members. Within about another 3 weeks that guild and another guild chose to merge with yet another guild, but as pk was that guilds main aim, I decided to leave and am still guild less.

I noticed my old guild leader was in yet another guild tonight, I had a quick look at the PK guilds website only to see as of yesterday they have closed the guild, in their words

So we're pretty much done in ArcheAge. All founding leaders are currently going inactive in ArcheAge or are inactive already. We rather stop when we're still all together rather than wither away and die and that is why we're disbanding the guild in ArcheAge.

So had I stayed that would have been the 3rd guild in 2 months that ended. I joined a guild in Lotto 6 years ago and was still in it when I left last year. I joined a guild in ESO and am still in it nearly a year later.

I like to find a guild where I get to know people and make good friends. I've now given up looking for one in Archage.

Don't get me wrong, I am having great fun still, but in my opinion anyone that says there isn't a problem with player numbers, has their head in the sand. Mind you, Archage and most other mmos, don't need huge number to keep ticking over, but the less players there are, the less money, the less money, the less investment. A 3rd party publisher could decide it simply isn't profitable enough, who knows.

Adellain
01-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Found a 24x24 outside marianople tonight. Destroyed my 8x8 in Two Crowns and found space for it right next to my new 24.

I then destroyed my 16x16 house, also in Marianople as there's simply zero market to sell it, 2 hrs later when I logged, the plot was still empty.

I now have 3 16x16 farms one 24x24 cottage and one 8x8 all outside Marianople, all found empty without having to buy any. All found in the past few weeks when I destroyed my land on Auroria due to me leaving the guild I was in. Again no market to sell land in Auroria and last time I looked, I could have placed my 24x24 in about 20 odd places there without looking very hard.

Tonight I noticed I could also place my 8x8 right next to one of my 16x16 (right by the East Marianople gate) but chose to put it next to my 24x24 instead.

I'm on Orchidna, plenty of spare 8x8, while looking for a 24 yesterday I noticed a fair few empty 16x16, yesterday I did find a 24x24 but it wasn't in Marianople so after seeing many properties expire tonight and tomorrow, I decided to wait. I was the only person at the 24x24 that became available tonight.

As for how active the game is, I started playing in October, I have noticed a huge drop in players. Sure there's still plenty of people around, but it seems to be the same names from the same 3 or 4 guilds.

I joined a guild after asking in the guild hall section of this forum on 25th October. Within 3 weeks they chose to merge with another guild due to falling members. Within about another 3 weeks that guild and another guild chose to merge with yet another guild, but as pk was that guilds main aim, I decided to leave and am still guild less.

I noticed my old guild leader was in yet another guild tonight, I had a quick look at the PK guilds website only to see as of yesterday they have closed the guild, in their words

So had I stayed that would have been the 3rd guild in 2 months that ended. I joined a guild in Lotto 6 years ago and was still in it when I left last year. I joined a guild in ESO and am still in it nearly a year later.

I like to find a guild where I get to know people and make good friends. I've now given up looking for one in Archage.

Don't get me wrong, I am having great fun still, but in my opinion anyone that says there isn't a problem with player numbers, has their head in the sand. Mind you, Archage and most other mmos, don't need huge number to keep ticking over, but the less players there are, the less money, the less money, the less investment. A 3rd party publisher could decide it simply isn't profitable enough, who knows.

Agreed mate. Have been in wow guild for 10 years and swtor & sto since launch. No issues there. As for TESO the 2 guilds I tried both fell apart as folks realized the game wasn't worth a sub. Still looking for an 'active' guild that doesn't merge with another within 4 weeks here :(

As for properties, there are plenty of empty spots/spots about to be demo'd on Melisara. To the folk who mentioned marketplace items prices. Don't forget the AH combines a number of servers and not just the single one. That means prices must be going up across the board.

Amused Observer
01-10-2015, 07:25 AM
Hob, since you joined AA late you might not be aware that Trion had a presale (as in six months in advance) for founder packs ($50, 100, 150) that gave supporters a 3 day headstart before the official mid September launch. I won't rehash the disastrous issues for these folks (including myself), BUT Trion did comment publicly that these presales were enough to keep Archeage running FOR A YEAR! So whatever money Trion raked in after those founder packs could be viewed as profit going to the company's bottom line, rather than expenses to keep the servers running.

That being said, you are correct in your observation that a lot of players left in October, b/c that's the first month expiration for patronage (late October ish). November brought the Auroria launch, with another disastrous launch of important featured content and leading to massive rage quits among the player base (plus subs running out again). In December I started seeing some advertising for Archeage, and this led to some increase in new players. But now is the third month, and the last batch of founders who plan to quit will simply not renew their patronage in the next week or two.

Since it's clear that the game is losing more players leaving than new players coming in, I personally believe Trion will push up the release schedule for content in order to keep the remaining players paying for patronage. But this month and next month you will see a lot more land becoming available as the 3 month founders start to leave the game.

Kaosfury
01-10-2015, 07:47 AM
Many people leave every day. Game is too hard for them

Evilsix
01-10-2015, 09:12 AM
I play on Naima... please show me where to find land available. I'm a patron using the 1 week 8x8 public plots and looking for ANY land. I'm even looking for the hidden ones, away from any vendors or bank.

If I could move my char and my guild I would go to one of those new servers. But it is really BAD that a game system would make me even think about that.

Rookborne. Watermist. Loom around, there has been plenty of 8x8 spots there lately.

Zan
01-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Many people leave every day. Game is too hard for them
It's hard fighting for land against hack user.

Bodil
01-10-2015, 11:43 AM
♥♥♥♥ing carebears... paying for patron doesn't ENTITLE YOU TO HAVING LAND. This isn't kindergarden where everyone gets a medal.

Evilsix
01-10-2015, 12:26 PM

To be honest, I've seen a lot of land go up for grabs and successfully taken by regular players, not hackers. If you read the fors you would think all land is being hacked, which is totally not the case. Obviously it exists, but let's be fair its not like a regular player can't get land if they try.

Svetlana Anesjka
01-10-2015, 12:49 PM

If you need land on Naima, send me a message, I spend alot of hours looking for land, securing it and helping those who need land, get it free.

All I know is if I can find land, it shouldn't be too hard for people to find it on their own

I own a 24x24 Manor in Villanelle
6 16x16's ..5 in Villanelle, 1 in Windscour
3 8x8's
...all done by searching on my own

Shiverwind
01-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Theres lots of 8x8 availabe on NA ollo, also on EU dahuta I just got a 16x16 in lilyut and i see plenty of 8x8 there aswell

Goethe
01-10-2015, 01:06 PM

Are you kidding me? In the last few days I have yet to see a single land hacker, and even before if you tried harder you would eventually win some land, I have worked hard and have several farms and a mansion, most of my land I got it, and the other half was bought with hard-earned gold.

I'm always surprised by the lvl of whining of ppl who feels they are entitled to X or Y without working for, or sometimes when they say "why don't you give your land to new players or ppl who don't have it", how about, why don't you go through the grinding like everyone else, or better yet, why settle for a farm, when you can have a whole island, in that case, i know the perfect game for you.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dragons-world/images/a/a2/DWLoadingTip6.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/600?cb=20140329204156

Mhydrian
01-10-2015, 01:39 PM
There is a guild on OLLO that has an "in house" hacker. Who has been banned on four different accounts. This guild has been using this hacker for every demo for over a month. Hackers do exist and are a serious problem.

So not sure about those who never encountered a hacker. At every demo I have been at there have been hackers.