PDA

View Full Version : Constantly disconnecting

Primula
10-02-2014, 03:28 PM
I get the error "The gods have disconnected you" or whatever in certain situations.
I've been getting this issue since a couple days ago, before that I didn't disconnect as often (once or twice a day) but now I'm getting it at least once every 10 minutes if I try to attack a mob.

The majority of the time this happens shortly after entering combat (with quest mobs, I haven't done enough testing in pvp, have never had it happen in pvp). It also happened a couple times earlier while I was doing a trade run (no combat involved).
I go in to attack a mob, after a couple of skills all my skills become locked, my character stops moving, but the mob continues to attack and my hp continues to fall. Shortly after this, I get the disconnection error and then upon relogging, I'm dead and have to spend 50 labour to recover exp (done this about 8 times now).

Sometimes I don't get the disconnection message and things resume as normal.

Sometimes my character continues to do melee attacks (but still can't use spells), and I'm only able to use skills after the mob dies (instantly after it dies it's back to normal).

---

This is not an issue with the stability of my connection, I have done a lot of testing to ensure this.
I've tested different network cards and have monitored them while connected to the client, my connection remains stable while the client throws that error.

This is not an issue with firewall/antivirus etc, I have everything that could possibly conflict with the client disabled.

I have tried uninstalling and removing all traces of Archeage/Glyph and reinstalling, using default settings, lower graphic settings, dx9/dx11 etc.

---

In ArcheAge\Documents\ArcheAge.log I get a lot of errors, I'm not sure whether most of it is normal or something to worry about.
There's a lot of "missing chr material: ..." and "failed to stream material: ..." and "Cannot load texture ..." etc..
I assume most of these issues being logged are not important (they don't cause graphical glitches and they've been appearing ever since I started playing Archeage and reinstalling didn't fix them).

My most recent experience with this issue (which didn't cause me to dc, it recovered after the mob died from melee attacks) produced this in the log:
<23:03:08> [Warning] AI: Warning: COPUseSkill: start skill request timed out. 19262

I have spoken to a few friends who have never experienced this issue so it's not a problem with server stability.

Galaxitus
10-02-2014, 05:35 PM
I wish to confirm you, around 90% of the recent disconnection in Archeage aren't due to the player's side, but due to an issue between the server and the CryEngine.
If you want to double check what made your disconnect, you just have to open the last log file which should be at "C:\ArcheAge\Documents\LogBackups\ArcheAge" or something like that.
At the end of it (if you check it after the DC), you'll see exactly what disconnected you.

I can say (as I'm also a developer but not related to this game or any Trion's game and I have learned quite a lot about the CryEngine) that one of the main reason why some people might get disconnected is especially because of the CryEngine itself. The game was made with cells divisions that are loaded in real-time while playing. While the cells are loading, it also download locations and ID from local players and event. (So that you can see them which is logical) Now, what happens when either the server isn't able to keep up or whenever the client couldn't load all the information received? An error to which CryEngine is relatively highly allergic.

This is just a small list of things that are actually creating errors :
- Many mobs in the game doesn't have any death_animation state because they are supposed to be ragdoll-ed upon death. (This explain why some mobs die in strange fixed position something when the ragdoll doesn't load fast enough.)
- Some combat stance (for example, the twohand_re_combat_hit which is when you're hit while equipping 2h weapons) doesn't have every animation requested by the engine. (The exception weren't scripted correctly.)
- Update Quest sign fail to update constantly.
- When loading seamless cell terrain, sometimes, the terrain isn't generated before the mobs and that create a solidbody massive error which disconnect the player. (Since no ground are generated below the creature, the engine fail to determine the height at which the mobs fall due to the fall damage generator)

Archage is really badly made in an engine that require a complete remake just to be able to reach the RPG genre. (As it's natively build to be a FPS-set-in-the-stone engine)
Will they fix it someday? I hope for them, but with everything I see in the game that are conflicting with the nature of the engine, I doubt this game will ever be fully fixed.

Primula
10-03-2014, 08:04 AM
So I'm just expected to play with these constant disconnects? No fix?

The only thing I seem to be able to do in this game without disconnecting is crafting.

I just disconnected from the 5v5 battleground after dying.
<15:52:02> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph player_upper_body
<15:52:02> [Warning] AG Entity Primula:cannot find animation dead_01
<15:52:06> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/materials/effects/fume_h_ssd.mtl)
<15:52:09> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_2
<15:52:15> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand
<15:52:20> [Warning] Independent immortal particle effect spawned: X2_EFFECT_O.Interaction.enchant_wpn_melee2h_honor_ 2g
<15:52:21> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand
<15:52:27> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_2
<15:52:33> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_2
<15:52:39> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_2

And then when I log back on.. I'm spawned back in Austera.

Primula
10-03-2014, 09:02 AM
And another dc costing me labour.. yay
<16:57:12> seamless loading cell object(W25, 7), (L2, 4)
<16:57:12> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/env/02_harihara/001_hdeco/ma_dryingroom_set.mtl)
<16:57:13> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_r" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/male/nude/ha_m_base.chr".
<16:57:17> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/nuian/male/parts/pt/obj/nu_m_pt_leather145.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/nuian/male/parts/pt/obj/nu_m_1pt600.chr)
<16:57:18> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_r" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/male/nude/ha_m_base.chr".
<16:57:24> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph player_upper_body
<16:57:24> [Warning] AG Entity Imperial Spirit Protector:cannot find animation dead_01
<16:57:30> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_l" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/nude/ha_f_base.chr".
<16:57:36> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Casbeli, player_full_body) - no path from 'Horse_DriverRun' to 'jump_elephant_loop'
<16:57:37> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_r" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/nude/ha_f_base.chr".
<16:57:43> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_l" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/nude/ha_f_base.chr".
<16:57:48> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_l" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/elf/male/nude/el_m_base.chr".
<16:57:54> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_l" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/nude/ha_f_base.chr".

Primula
10-03-2014, 11:39 AM
And another dc, this time in arena just after jumping down at the start.
<19:36:11> -----------------------------------------------------
<19:36:11> * LOADING: 'instance_training_camp_1on1' loading time: 1.47 seconds
<19:36:11> -----------------------------------------------------
<19:36:39> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/parts/ar/obj/Material #55.mtl)
<19:36:39> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/parts/hm/obj/ha_f_hm_leather039.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/parts/hm/obj/ha_f_1hm164.chr)
<19:36:39> [Warning] Independent immortal particle effect spawned: X2_EFFECT_O.Interaction.enchant_wpn_melee1h_honor_ 2g

Primula
10-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Another dc, this time while boarding my boat.
<19:54:33> [Error] Error streaming texture: Error 'Cannot open the file', Texture: game/objects/editor/suithelper/gradf.dds
<19:54:38> [Error] Error streaming texture: Error 'Cannot open the file', Texture: game/objects/editor/suithelper/gradf.dds
<19:54:43> [Error] Error streaming texture: Error 'Cannot open the file', Texture: game/objects/editor/suithelper/gradf.dds
<19:54:43> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/env/06_unit/06_glider/glider_sp_black_grap02.mtl)
<19:54:43> [Warning] Error: CShaderMan::mfCreateShaderResources: Couldn't find subsurface texture 'objects/characters/ferre/female/face/face01/fe_f_face01_fur_sss.dds' in path '' [File=objects/characters/ferre/female/face/face01/fe_f_face01_fur_sss.dds]
<19:54:43> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/ferre/male/parts/gv/obj/fe_m_gv_metal145.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/ferre/male/parts/gv/obj/fe_m_4gf005_4gv402.chr)
<19:54:48> [Error] Error streaming texture: Error 'Cannot open the file', Texture: game/objects/editor/suithelper/gradf.dds
<19:54:49> [Warning] rigid-body own-entity; prefab=prefabs/boardship.xml/boardship.step_10boardship_normal node=AnimObject_28
<19:54:52> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/characters/hariharan/male/parts/ar/obj/ha_m_ar_cloth270.mtl)
<19:54:52> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/hariharan/male/parts/ar/obj/ha_m_ar_cloth270.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/hariharan/male/parts/ar/obj/ha_m_1ar905_1arm010.chr)
<19:54:53> [Error] Error streaming texture: Error 'Cannot open the file', Texture: game/objects/editor/suithelper/gradf.dds
<19:54:58> [Error] Error streaming texture: Error 'Cannot open the file', Texture: game/objects/editor/suithelper/gradf.dds
<19:55:03> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/parts/ar/obj/ha_f_ar_cloth162.mtl)
<19:55:03> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/parts/ar/obj/ha_f_ar_cloth162.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/parts/ar/obj/ha_f_1ar901_1arm012_3sh009.chr)
<19:55:03> [Error] Error streaming texture: Error 'Cannot open the file', Texture: game/objects/editor/suithelper/gradf.dds
<19:55:06> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Melancholy, player_full_body) - no path from 'Horse_DriverIdleToRun' to 'jump_pangolin_loop'
<19:55:08> [Error] Error streaming texture: Error 'Cannot open the file', Texture: game/objects/editor/suithelper/gradf.dds

Primula
10-03-2014, 03:43 PM
♥♥♥♥ yeah.. Killed by a slime 28 levels lower than me due to being DISCONNECT BY THE GODS, thanks Trion.

<23:38:44> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/characters/ferre/male/hair/fe_m_hair09/fe_m_hair09_hm_type1_grap02.mtl)
<23:38:44> [Warning] Error: CShaderMan::mfCreateShaderResources: Couldn't find subsurface texture 'objects/characters/ferre/female/face/face01/fe_f_face01_fur_sss.dds' in path '' [File=objects/characters/ferre/female/face/face01/fe_f_face01_fur_sss.dds]
<23:38:44> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/ferre/male/parts/bo/obj/fe_m_bo_cloth138.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/ferre/male/parts/bo/obj/fe_m_1bo201.chr)
<23:38:44> [Warning] Failed to Load Character file [File=game/objects/characters/ferre/male/face/fe_m_beard01.chr]
<23:38:45> ApplySharedMorphTargets - game/objects/characters/hariharan/male/hair/ha_m_hair010/ha_m_hair010.chr - objects/characters/nuian/male/face/face00/nu_m_face00.chr not exist
<23:38:45> ApplySharedMorphTargets - game/objects/characters/hariharan/male/hair/ha_m_hair010/ha_m_hair010.chr - objects/characters/nuian/male/face/face00/nu_m_face00.chr not exist
<23:38:51> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_r" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/nude/ha_f_base.chr".
<23:38:55> [Warning] ray outdated (VehicleGroundAlign)
<23:38:57> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_r" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/nude/ha_f_base.chr".
<23:39:05> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_r" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/nude/ha_f_base.chr".
<23:39:16> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_r" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/nude/ha_f_base.chr".
<23:39:17> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Bourico, horse_full_body.xml) - no path from 'Jump Start' to 'FIST_MO_NORMAL_RUN'
<23:39:22> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_r" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/hariharan/female/nude/ha_f_base.chr".

The only thing that keeps me from defending myself is the freaking box that pops up saying I'm disconnected.
I can still see people moving/killing stuff, I can still see people chatting, mobs can still hit me, I can see myself die.
I just can't do any actions because the disconnection box is there, not because I was literally disconnected.

Kancors
10-03-2014, 03:51 PM
So I'm just expected to play with these constant disconnects? No fix?

The only thing I seem to be able to do in this game without disconnecting is crafting.

I just disconnected from the 5v5 battleground after dying.
<15:52:02> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph player_upper_body
<15:52:02> [Warning] AG Entity Primula:cannot find animation dead_01
<15:52:06> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/materials/effects/fume_h_ssd.mtl)
<15:52:09> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_2
<15:52:15> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand
<15:52:20> [Warning] Independent immortal particle effect spawned: X2_EFFECT_O.Interaction.enchant_wpn_melee2h_honor_ 2g
<15:52:21> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand
<15:52:27> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_2
<15:52:33> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_2
<15:52:39> [Warning] AG Entity Blue Army Defense Cannon:cannot find animation fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_2

And then when I log back on.. I'm spawned back in Austera.

happened to me as well today... Awesome that no admins are responding to these threads...

warlord
10-03-2014, 04:46 PM
happening to me as well today after update i cant get onto any of the servers, it disconnects me

Primula
10-04-2014, 11:18 AM
More disconnects today.

Yet to receive a response to my new ticket.

Will continue to bump this topic until this problem is solved. ;--;

cdn123
01-11-2015, 07:29 PM
I get the error "The gods have disconnected you" or whatever in certain situations.
I've been getting this issue since a couple days ago, before that I didn't disconnect as often (once or twice a day) but now I'm getting it at least once every 10 minutes if I try to attack a mob.

The majority of the time this happens shortly after entering combat (with quest mobs, I haven't done enough testing in pvp, have never had it happen in pvp). It also happened a couple times earlier while I was doing a trade run (no combat involved).
I go in to attack a mob, after a couple of skills all my skills become locked, my character stops moving, but the mob continues to attack and my hp continues to fall. Shortly after this, I get the disconnection error and then upon relogging, I'm dead and have to spend 50 labour to recover exp (done this about 8 times now).

Sometimes I don't get the disconnection message and things resume as normal.

Sometimes my character continues to do melee attacks (but still can't use spells), and I'm only able to use skills after the mob dies (instantly after it dies it's back to normal).

---

This is not an issue with the stability of my connection, I have done a lot of testing to ensure this.
I've tested different network cards and have monitored them while connected to the client, my connection remains stable while the client throws that error.

This is not an issue with firewall/antivirus etc, I have everything that could possibly conflict with the client disabled.

I have tried uninstalling and removing all traces of Archeage/Glyph and reinstalling, using default settings, lower graphic settings, dx9/dx11 etc.

---

In ArcheAge\Documents\ArcheAge.log I get a lot of errors, I'm not sure whether most of it is normal or something to worry about.
There's a lot of "missing chr material: ..." and "failed to stream material: ..." and "Cannot load texture ..." etc..
I assume most of these issues being logged are not important (they don't cause graphical glitches and they've been appearing ever since I started playing Archeage and reinstalling didn't fix them).

My most recent experience with this issue (which didn't cause me to dc, it recovered after the mob died from melee attacks) produced this in the log:
<23:03:08> [Warning] AI: Warning: COPUseSkill: start skill request timed out. 19262

I have spoken to a few friends who have never experienced this issue so it's not a problem with server stability.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ALL 100% ON POINT with what is happening to me, seemed to start after i stopped paying for patron