PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Launch Update #3: Two Million, Fast Entry, and a Bright Future of Updates

Hartsman
10-02-2014, 04:49 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Beta_Announcement_blog_header.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/02/archeage-launch-update-3/)

Hi, everyone! Quick update for you today on the top things that we’ve been up to since our last posting.

A MASSIVE NEW AGE

We’ve discussed the tremendous amount of interest that ArcheAge has gotten in recent weeks and we’re happy to put a number on that for you today. ArcheAge recently hit a very important milestone: there are officially now over two million of you registered with the game! Know that we’re not resting to celebrate – We’re all still here, hard at work seven days a week to help this rapidly growing world be the best experience it possibly can be.

SERVERS

As many of you already know with the addition of the new EU servers a week ago, bringing the total to 21 live servers, we’ve gotten server queuing for our European friends into a much better place, with the majority of logins now being either instant or in a handful of minutes. As we did in North America, we’ve temporarily paused character creation on the original servers, and we’ve already begun lifting those blocks as the populations have been evening out. We’re keeping an eye out for when the right time will be to remove the rest of the creation blocks, while keeping an optimal entry experience for everyone.

BOTS-N-SPAM

I’ve gotten a few questions from friends the last couple days: “Hey, did you guys do something about the bots?!” Happy to confirm that yes, we have. As many of you had correctly expected, we were holding back on some of it until we got enough data to act at once. I’m happy to announce we’ve booted out over six figures worth of bad actors from the game, and have started up new processes that are aimed at keeping their reentry as difficult as possible. (Yes, that two million number up there does have these folks subtracted from it already.) We’ll continue to tune this over the coming weeks, while ramping it up to catch even more hackers, and we’re tremendously grateful for your patience and your reports. Please do keep it up.

On Spam, we just got a delivery that will soon help our temporary anti-spam system be able to react a lot faster. It catches some in minutes or less, but not all. We’re working on getting this more reliable version up and ready for you before the weekend. Even though what’s in place right now is an interim solution, we still want it to be able to react as rapidly as possible, and we continue putting a lot of effort into making that a reality.

In the meanwhile, the permanent answer – our smarter, learning anti-spam system that specializes in outright blocking the kinds of spam that are frequent in western MMOs before you even see it – is in XLGAMES’ hands and they’re integrating it into the game for us right now. We’ll let you know when we get the delivery that has that in it.

AND WHATS NEXT?

Stay tuned later tonight to check out the patch notes for this week’s update, in which you’ll be able to find out about even more preventative spam measures being put into place as well as gameplay, UI, and Marketplace updates.

There’ve been lots of questions about Auroria lately. We’re working on the best time to release Auroria and all of the gameplay and recipes that come along with that. Our goal right now is to have that be in a handful of weeks, and we’ll be keeping you updated as the date solidifies.

At the same time the above has all been going on, we’ve also been here behind the scenes planning out the next year of live updates and holiday events! XLGAMES’ team and ours have been working hard together on some great, new collaborative things that we hope you’ll enjoy. Expect new fun for Halloween, for a fall harvest festival, and beyond.

Once again, we’re humbled by all of the interest and ever grateful for your choice to spend time in ArcheAge!

- Scott

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/02/archeage-launch-update-3/)

Rozenblood
10-02-2014, 06:19 PM
We need maid outfits, when are we getting maid outfits!?

Yuisoku
10-02-2014, 06:29 PM
WTB maid outfits

Mrrshaw
10-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Any updates on when (or even if...) the expanded borders + more housing zones can be expected to come to the servers? Because there is loads of patrons who did not get the opportunity to even do landgrabs and its hard to lure any F2P to play when all land are gone (Even luxury zones are now filled on Tahyang). I will read the updates later when they are published, but the issues im bringing up has been asked by both friends, guildies and allies across the server.

Brutus
10-02-2014, 06:49 PM
What about Skill Queue ?

NeoGriim
10-02-2014, 06:55 PM
So I'll be 50 with nothing to do for weeks? I basically sit around waiting for labor points to regenerate right now as is, every time I use a workers comp potion I drain that labor within an hour. We really need a lvl 45+ dungeon with good gear in it, but I'm assuming that's part of Auroria, even though it's in the basin? Or so I've been told....

Goldberg
10-02-2014, 06:57 PM
No mention of the BSOD problems????

Swars
10-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Any updates on when (or even if...) the expanded borders + more housing zones can be expected to come to the servers? Because there is loads of patrons who did not get the opportunity to even do landgrabs and its hard to lure any F2P to play when all land are gone (Even luxury zones are now filled on Tahyang). I will read the updates later when they are published, but the issues im bringing up has been asked by both friends, guildies and allies across the server.

If i recall correctly, XLGames does not intend to adding/expanding housing zones at all, to let player handle it by themselves with "real estate".

I have a ♥♥♥♥ty computer and ZERO BSOD, must be related to your computer and not AA.

Mrrshaw
10-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Swars - Both KR and RU had expansion of housing + added spots so...

Goldberg
10-02-2014, 07:42 PM
If i recall correctly, XLGames does not intend to adding/expanding housing zones at all, to let player handle it by themselves with "real estate".

I have a ♥♥♥♥ty computer and ZERO BSOD, must be related to your computer and not AA.

Thanks for your insight

Kiwi
10-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Wow grats on the figures! This game is so much fun I am not surprised.
Cheers Scott for the update and to all the team for the hard work.

crooner
10-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Really enjoying AA so far, thanks for the update.

Any word on how many of the 2 million are patrons?

Boredmuse
10-02-2014, 08:15 PM
and we are still waiting on our 10% we should have had at launch. Good show!

Honestly, arent you embarrassed to put out a letter like this ignoring big issues and acting like its hunky dory ?

Stonelotus
10-02-2014, 08:24 PM
(Yes, that two million number up there does have these folks subtracted from it already.)

now if we can just get you to subtract the additional hundreds of thousands still in the game we'll have an even more realistic number.

MrVasiu
10-02-2014, 08:30 PM
No mention about the missing patron? Are you guys doing nothing to fix it? because this thread is ♥♥♥♥ing dead http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?47390-ArcheAge-Launch-Known-Issues-(Updated-9-23-at-10-30-PM-PDT), more than a week without any update.

Yuisoku
10-02-2014, 08:33 PM

Check your RAM, Windows 7 hardly ever gets BSOD without hardware error. I assume that you have Win 7 or later ofc

BrittneyCat
10-02-2014, 09:17 PM
We want ALL the costumes! But mostly the maid one....

Xuxu
10-02-2014, 09:31 PM
What about rewards for exploring? XLGames deactivated it for their release, but we (EU/NA) should get something. We love to explore, but it isn't really fun when you get nothing. At least an achievement window where we can see our progress or something like that would be nice.

Nyaa
10-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Thank you Scott

and hey if you don't mind me asking, where can we order body pillows of our favorite characters? I want a Nui body pillow.

Franc Kaos
10-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Is this true? if so, wow! and don't forget, when the third land mass opens up that's going to free up land in the original two. Patience is the key (for me at least, I want this MMO to be a long term RPG), also, we don't really want any land being made available until the land hacking issue has been resolved - bots insta buying any available zones.

P3rconte
10-02-2014, 10:55 PM
What about land? Maybe, you should make them limited? For example:
1 plot 8x8, 1 plot 16x16 and 1 plot 24x24 limited for all characters on each server.

Atleast, we have limited space on our bag or werehouse, so why the lands are not?

badruk
10-02-2014, 10:58 PM
2 million registered users. 1.8 million of them with names like asadsdaasdd and ffhfgfhfh

LlexX
10-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Take away the bots from those 2 million players, and you already have just 1 million "real" players :p

Xlayer
10-03-2014, 01:13 AM
It would be great to get an estimated time for the server side ability queue implementation.

Having to wait 200-400 ms in between each and every single ability is a feature I've only ever experienced in Archeage.

Jonyijoe
10-03-2014, 02:30 AM
Take away the bots from those 2 million players, and you already have just 1 million "real" players :p

You clearly didnt read the article did you /facepalm ....

They had already subtracted that number from total players. After the subtraction was made they had over 2,000,000 players.

Jonyijoe
10-03-2014, 02:32 AM
2 million registered users. 1.8 million of them with names like asadsdaasdd and ffhfgfhfh

You clearly didn't read the article either. Bots were taken away from the number. They are celebrating 2 million REAL players.

mad555
10-03-2014, 02:51 AM
I would just like to thank everyone at XL and Trion for providing us with this amazing experience of a game :) It truly is something special - i have played countless mmorpgs, and none of them have ever come close recapturing that good old wow feel (sry for bringing it up lol) - that feeling of awe and wonder. Not only does archeage do so, but it even surpasses it with its new concepts and clever implementations. I could go on, but im sure its all evident to most of the two million - Xcept for the negative aligned.. they will always keep entertaining us with their whinin xD May they too oneday see the Light (of Nui!)

Thankyou.

Love & Light to all,

aLaN

Pyroathic
10-03-2014, 02:52 AM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Beta_Announcement_blog_header.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/02/archeage-launch-update-3/)

Hi, everyone! Quick update for you today on the top things that we’ve been up to since our last posting.

A MASSIVE NEW AGE

We’ve discussed the tremendous amount of interest that ArcheAge has gotten in recent weeks and we’re happy to put a number on that for you today. ArcheAge recently hit a very important milestone: there are officially now over two million of you registered with the game! Know that we’re not resting to celebrate – We’re all still here, hard at work seven days a week to help this rapidly growing world be the best experience it possibly can be.

SERVERS

As many of you already know with the addition of the new EU servers a week ago, bringing the total to 21 live servers, we’ve gotten server queuing for our European friends into a much better place, with the majority of logins now being either instant or in a handful of minutes. As we did in North America, we’ve temporarily paused character creation on the original servers, and we’ve already begun lifting those blocks as the populations have been evening out. We’re keeping an eye out for when the right time will be to remove the rest of the creation blocks, while keeping an optimal entry experience for everyone.

BOTS-N-SPAM

I’ve gotten a few questions from friends the last couple days: “Hey, did you guys do something about the bots?!” Happy to confirm that yes, we have. As many of you had correctly expected, we were holding back on some of it until we got enough data to act at once. I’m happy to announce we’ve booted out over six figures worth of bad actors from the game, and have started up new processes that are aimed at keeping their reentry as difficult as possible. (Yes, that two million number up there does have these folks subtracted from it already.) We’ll continue to tune this over the coming weeks, while ramping it up to catch even more hackers, and we’re tremendously grateful for your patience and your reports. Please do keep it up.

On Spam, we just got a delivery that will soon help our temporary anti-spam system be able to react a lot faster. It catches some in minutes or less, but not all. We’re working on getting this more reliable version up and ready for you before the weekend. Even though what’s in place right now is an interim solution, we still want it to be able to react as rapidly as possible, and we continue putting a lot of effort into making that a reality.

In the meanwhile, the permanent answer – our smarter, learning anti-spam system that specializes in outright blocking the kinds of spam that are frequent in western MMOs before you even see it – is in XLGAMES’ hands and they’re integrating it into the game for us right now. We’ll let you know when we get the delivery that has that in it.

AND WHATS NEXT?

Stay tuned later tonight to check out the patch notes for this week’s update, in which you’ll be able to find out about even more preventative spam measures being put into place as well as gameplay, UI, and Marketplace updates.

There’ve been lots of questions about Auroria lately. We’re working on the best time to release Auroria and all of the gameplay and recipes that come along with that. Our goal right now is to have that be in a handful of weeks, and we’ll be keeping you updated as the date solidifies.

At the same time the above has all been going on, we’ve also been here behind the scenes planning out the next year of live updates and holiday events! XLGAMES’ team and ours have been working hard together on some great, new collaborative things that we hope you’ll enjoy. Expect new fun for Halloween, for a fall harvest festival, and beyond.

Once again, we’re humbled by all of the interest and ever grateful for your choice to spend time in ArcheAge!

- Scott

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/02/archeage-launch-update-3/)

Lets me guess. You will present us with a gift: no restrictions on any server(incl. Dahuta)?!?!?!? That's what you are planning so hard for the holidays?

Brawn
10-03-2014, 02:56 AM
I’m happy to announce we’ve booted out over six figures worth of bad actors from the game, and have started up new processes that are aimed at keeping their reentry as difficult as possible. (Yes, that two million number up there does have these folks subtracted from it already.)

does that number of bots banned include all the innocent people who have got banned too for no reason? (i.e my girlfriend)

Geman
10-03-2014, 03:08 AM
How about having a Portal that takes you to a Farm land only area, a bit like the portal that takes you to Mirage Isle?
You could register one Portal in your book and you can only go and return from that portal but be able to carry trade packs.

It could have its own PTP and FTP areas and you could expand that land if the demand requires, this would also free up the main map and allow new players to join the server and not worrie that there is no chance of them getting a plot of land.

Just and idia i havent been playing long, but i do know already that land is a big issue for new players joining a server, i know of some who have just dropped a server to go look on outhers for the chance of some land, and a fear this will only get worse.

So a prtal to a Farmland only area away from the main game sounds good to me, what do you all think ?

Kirashi
10-03-2014, 03:35 AM
None of this matters because you still didn't address the issue of people who bought Patron and still didn't actually get it, so'?

Aicha
10-03-2014, 03:46 AM

... to let hackers handle it by themselves with "real estate".

Corrected that for you.

lockdowntime
10-03-2014, 04:18 AM
Any update on server transfer?

drapido
10-03-2014, 04:36 AM
Any update on server transfer?
They wont answer that

Pigglebee
10-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Don't forget 2 million is the marketing number. It includes a hundred thousand bots not identified as bots and 1 million players having subscribed to the game but who are not active anymore. In the upcoming weeks tens of thousands of players will also stop playing because of <insert any reason>. But 500.000 active players is still a nice number. Hope it's only NA en EU counted though and not including RU and SK

squidgod2000
10-03-2014, 06:07 AM
*sigh* There's that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ "registered accounts" number again. Twas a glorious day in MMO marketing when someone decided that reporting account registrations was better than reporting actual client downloads/players.

Leroyjenkins
10-03-2014, 06:08 AM
So I'll be 50 with nothing to do for weeks? I basically sit around waiting for labor points to regenerate right now as is, every time I use a workers comp potion I drain that labor within an hour. We really need a lvl 45+ dungeon with good gear in it, but I'm assuming that's part of Auroria, even though it's in the basin? Or so I've been told....

You seriously cannot find something to do and your imagination stretches as far as a crappy dungeon?

squidgod2000
10-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Don't forget 2 million is the marketing number. It includes a hundred thousand bots not identified as bots and 1 million players having subscribed to the game but who are not active anymore. In the upcoming weeks tens of thousands of players will also stop playing because of <insert any reason>. But 500.000 active players is still a nice number. Hope it's only NA en EU counted though and not including RU and SK

The 2M is just Trion, not other regions, but it does include everyone who signed up for Beta, whether they ever played or not and could include everyone who has registered a Trion/Glyph account for any reason. Like you said, it's a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ number designed to impress the idiotic masses. They could just as easily say that 50 million people are interested in the game based on website pageviews.

Leroyjenkins
10-03-2014, 06:15 AM
You clearly didn't read the article either. Bots were taken away from the number. They are celebrating 2 million REAL players.

There is honestly no point in correcting these people. They are just here to piss and moan on the forums about everything from bots to land ownership. The rest of us are busy playing while these people are sitting here all bitter.

Meko
10-03-2014, 07:45 AM
I noticed in my search for a Farm house plot that they did add a bunch of farm spots around the areas on Ollo. They are temp ones stating something like your farm will be destroyed in 7 days? I got tired of looking for land for a farm house and a large farm on my other toon and just made new toons on another server. One of the newly made ones. I find the people on this new server to be of a better kind of people. But yeah the lack of land is hard when your a paying customer and that is the major draw for you to the game. There is plenty of plots for the small farms everywhere but if you want something bigger your gonna be hard pressed to find it without having to pay a lot for it or getting ganked by 50+ other people all waiting for the same spot to expire......Just speaking on what my experience has been. I looked both in safe zones and out and had no luck.

charmmar
10-03-2014, 07:45 AM
@Franc Kaos re: when the third land mass opens up that's going to free up land in the original two
umm i don't think so because they will keep their land they have on other servers and put it for sale on ebay or some place like that to get real money.
There was a person offering his or her land for $200.00 us.
Yes you read that right $200.00 in real cash to have sent to him or her to get the land they own.
This is against the rules and this person should be booted out of game completely.

Ashreon
10-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Am I really, the only one that puts a question mark to the two million users.

Are you honestly, trying to make me believe that your servers have, on average, 95000 user?
- With such low queues as they are at the moment. Yeah, maybe not so much.

Sorry, but that's just no where near possible. Just look at WoW, look at the amount of servers they need to satisfy the amount of people. Now, calculate the percentages and compare them to your numbers (see the difference now..?). Now, give me an honest number instead of a made belief number to make you, Trion, look better.
- And if you actually have 2 million users, I would be ashamed of how utterly horrible you have managed to handle the headstart and launch when you obviously do know how to calculate on numbers (greed much over playability..)

I'm just sayin'. Screenshot or it didn't happen.

MuddyFINGERS
10-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Am I really, the only one that puts a question mark to the two million users.

Are you honestly, trying to make me believe that your servers have, on average, 95000 user?
- With such low queues as they are at the moment. Yeah, maybe not so much.

Sorry, but that's just no where near possible. Just look at WoW, look at the amount of servers they need to satisfy the amount of people. Now, calculate the percentages and compare them to users. Now, give me an honest number instead of a made belief number to make you, Trion, look better.
- And if you actually have 2 million users, I would be ashamed of how utterly horrible you have managed to handle the headstart and launch when you obviously do know how to calculate on numbers (greed much over playability..)

I'm just sayin'. Screenshot or it didn't happen.

2 million REGISTERED users. Not online all at once. Personally, since Sept.16 the server stability has come further then it was. Don't even see queue times anymore. Now if Trion would only respond to my email about payment method registering and getting error code 404. Might be the incentive I need to upgrade my PC.

Sessia
10-03-2014, 07:59 AM
I love all these new updates and I'm really happy to see how your company listens to the community. I remember one live stream where people were talking about the no space between the colon in chat, it was slightly annoying so I'm glad it's being fixed now.

Grimslade
10-03-2014, 08:04 AM
What about land? Maybe, you should make them limited? For example:
1 plot 8x8, 1 plot 16x16 and 1 plot 24x24 limited for all characters on each server.

Atleast, we have limited space on our bag or werehouse, so why the lands are not?
THIS ! To me as Patron, should be limited per character, It would be a good idea to even have Patron designated land.

Chef
10-03-2014, 08:27 AM
THIS ! To me as Patron, should be limited per character, It would be a good idea to even have Patron designated land.
Never going to happen, your wishing for something that will never exist.

This entire update by Scott is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and he should be ashamed of himself. Lag is insane, patrons still haven't received their 10%, some have received nothing at all, my daughter's account won't accept the authentication code Trion sent her and will not resend another code. I know some people who's Patron accounts aren't set to expire until January while others who shouldn't expire for another month are set to expire next week. Yeah! You hit 2m, big deal! yeah! Halloween event, who cares, most likely will be as lame an event as the end of Alpha!
Yes, I am grateful the queue times have been reduced and even eliminated, but that doesn't excuse that fact that those problems shouldn't have existed to begin with...you screwed up the launch.
Quit spoon feeding us marketing propaganda while the fact remains that there are still problems you haven't addressed . It's a great game, but it's still messed up.

Sinnafae
10-03-2014, 09:27 AM
I noticed in my search for a Farm house plot that they did add a bunch of farm spots around the areas on Ollo. They are temp ones stating something like your farm will be destroyed in 7 days? I got tired of looking for land for a farm house and a large farm on my other toon and just made new toons on another server. One of the newly made ones. I find the people on this new server to be of a better kind of people. But yeah the lack of land is hard when your a paying customer and that is the major draw for you to the game. There is plenty of plots for the small farms everywhere but if you want something bigger your gonna be hard pressed to find it without having to pay a lot for it or getting ganked by 50+ other people all waiting for the same spot to expire......Just speaking on what my experience has been. I looked both in safe zones and out and had no luck.

I have heard this from more than one person in our guild. It will be interesting to see how many patrons sticks around when their time expires.

Rustynail
10-03-2014, 09:35 AM
As for land it should be per account , not chars. and 2 to 3 plots is enough.
I have seen players take up areas that could fit 4 easy with 1 deed, to not have anyone next to them.
Go to White Arden and look .

As for 2 million , is that 70% bots and gold sellers included?

I know there trying to work things out, but come on you knew of the problems from the RU and Korean servers and could do nothing about it here.
I have seen players teleport a entire cart with packs.

I will give this game till my sub runs out , then will let my wallet talk after that point , all someone can do.

Pyroathic
10-03-2014, 09:52 AM
2Million-50% bots=big fail

Jubbly
10-03-2014, 10:33 AM
I've been on-line today and things are MUCH better, no spam, less bots, trial chat used as intended, whispers easier to read....
Thank you very much for the changes and for listening to the community

There are still things to fix, but at least things are being fixed now

Isin Dule
10-03-2014, 10:37 AM
says offline

badruk
10-03-2014, 10:37 AM

Don't believe everything you read. Most people never seem to learn that. Believe what you see. When I see 95% botters running around leveling up I make my own decision based on the facts I have witnessed. I don't rely and blindly trust on what I read.

Lacha
10-03-2014, 10:59 AM
You have already reported Jeleznaya on Inoch server west for being a teleporting 24hours a day bot to workbenches and then to goldsellers ect.

This person/thing has been doing this since I found them over a week ago non stop, I reported and zero action. Saw Jeleznaya again last night after a long ♥♥♥ trade run and tried to report again, "you have already reported this character"... that was over a week ago.

I have no hope of buying things in this game at a "fair" price with this crap going on as does anyone else.

ECONOMY ECONOMY ECONOMY

LazyPhilospher
10-03-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm going to enjoy this update :D

Galaxitus
10-03-2014, 11:07 AM
You clearly didnt read the article did you /facepalm ....

They had already subtracted that number from total players. After the subtraction was made they had over 2,000,000 players.

They subtracted the numbers they detected and not the actual number. Think of it as a medical record. They found out and removed a huge amount of cancerous cells, but as they did it, many new cancerous cells appeared. It's a constant fight which can't give off any "real" numbers. Of that 2M players, I can guess that at least around 15% were still bots which weren't designed as spammers, but looters/gathers. Some bots seems to be badly designed and can easily be recognized, but I'm pretty sure you can find less "stupid" bots which looks similar to players around.

Otherwise, how can the website posted by spamming bots still sell their stuff if all the accounts/char they made are supposed to be banned/inaccessible? Sure, they might "lie" and just run off with the money, but doing that actually make it easier to find their real identity and even have them arrested. It's not a fast system, but if an individual or business receive too many complain about fraud transaction, they get red marked and might not have access to any digital monetary system ever again as soon as they discovered. Imagine if no banks nor credential system ever accept you anymore for the rest of your life. That's the risk of fraud companies so that's also why they always have a "backup" account where they can get all the requested resource they're selling.
Sure there are also the gold seller that steal stuff from account (many at that), but that also play against their reputation. (Some times, those gold sellers don't even know that someone else tapped into their website and is the one who take the players' information)

I never have paid for such service nor ever visited their website as a "customer". Since I'm a developer, I was interesting in their system as a way to counter them, but it's a pain in the butt and one hell of a mountain to cross just to get a clear view of what that kind of system has become since the last two decades.

Enojah
10-03-2014, 11:10 AM
This update broke the launcher for me, no login /fistshake

shauncore
10-03-2014, 11:51 AM
please stop using the word gotten... it makes my skin crawl.

Shadowblades
10-03-2014, 02:49 PM
In addition to a program to block spammers, they need to also just add the website names and any partial words or letter sequences the spammers are using to a blocked word list. I only see 3 sites right now, so it's not that hard to add them to a banned word list. They are getting around the system now by changing .com to ,com or putting VVVVVV in front of it. They can set up accounts faster than they can be deleted, but if you block the words GOLDCEO etc, from being used, like any other type of profanity you want blocked, they would have to create an entirely new website each post. Not gonna happen because there would be no way to build a business like that. I don't think it would be a big loss to the community if we couldn't use those names either.

My personal opinion is that if you block the trading or emailing of gold entirely, you would eliminate the problem. Gold should be earned, not purchased. Your individual characters on one account should already share their gold by default, but not transfer it to another player. Again, I don't think the community would suffer for this any more than they suffer from not being able to transfer their personal character level to another character. I can't sell my level 30 ice arrows, can I? Gold should be tied to account only.

My last suggestion: please give us a way to block faction, trade, server, etc chat... I don't need to hear from someone who is entirely unconnected to myself. If this were the real world, which I think is sort of what we are going for, would I really be able to hear some guy in Korea shouting buy gold from me for $1 per 10g? No, of course not. I should be able to select what meaningless chatter I want to hear. I would like a default to automatically prioritize my "group" then if not in a group to simply speak to people near me as in "say". I would like to not get all the other stuff because someone was trying to tell me something important for our quest and I couldn't read it before all the other chatter wiped it from my screen, and the chatter was coming so fast I couldn't get the screen back up to the point where my group was talking. I don't need the trial chatter either. It's entertaining, but I don't need it running constantly in the background. If I want a laugh, I will turn it on for a couple of minutes.

Shadowblades
10-03-2014, 02:52 PM
I think most of the bots are there because they have the ability to farm gold and sell it. I made the suggestion that we should not be able to sell or transfer gold to anyone but the user account that earned it. I think you fight bots the same way you fight scorpions in Arizona/Nevada. You can't usually kill them with poison. Any poison strong enough to kill them would probably kill you just as fast. You kill them by removing their food source. You kill the cockroaches and crickets, the things that can be killed easily. If you remove the ability to buy and sell or transfer gold to non-connected accounts, I think the harmful bots would go away on their own.

Elyos
10-03-2014, 03:18 PM
*sigh* There's that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ "registered accounts" number again. Twas a glorious day in MMO marketing when someone decided that reporting account registrations was better than reporting actual client downloads/players.

Client downloads would not give any good information...... Since players share PCs and some installed it more then once

ArrowHead1236
10-03-2014, 03:28 PM
I just updated and got into the game, but when I wanted to type something in chat, it said "Chat Blocked." I don't mind waiting 6 min for chat, but still I would like to know. I just joined the game the other day and I'm still learning how to play. Is anyone else having this? I need help. :\

Elidyr
10-03-2014, 03:40 PM
I just updated and got into the game, but when I wanted to type something in chat, it said "Chat Blocked." I don't mind waiting 6 min for chat, but still I would like to know. I just joined the game the other day and I'm still learning how to play. Is anyone else having this? I need help. :\

Characters need to be lvl 15 to chat as of this patch.

Morkaen
10-04-2014, 08:38 AM
So 2million people, is that 1.8 million unable to play the game they may want to as there is no land available?

Ignisbe
10-04-2014, 03:10 PM
When can i get the bonus time you promised to be added in your last post?

Wellard2006
10-04-2014, 03:32 PM
I had land..I had a nice little house almost finished and then,,,my server vanished and took my characters with it along with all the patron perks I had..I spent 109 supporting this game and now it seems Trion have taken it away...in most places that would be regarded as fraud.

Geralt vi Rivia
10-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Hm, mentioned something about a Halloween event. I am looking forward to seeing that. I, personally just love pumpkin themed items and I really have high hopes of a pumpkin sword or something like that. Can any official confirm the existence of halloween items/pumpkin themed items for the event?

Sodium
10-04-2014, 04:43 PM
New update made the game unplayable! Server lags way to much,Drops frames from a stable 120 from 1st logging in to 40 max after 5 mins..Last patch never had this problem. Fix it now please..!

Gumball
10-04-2014, 07:30 PM
BOTS-N-SPAM

Ive gotten a few questions from friends the last couple days: Hey, did you guys do something about the bots?! Happy to confirm that yes, we have.

- Scott

Hey Scott,

get your head down from the cloud and get back to reality; "a few questions from friends"? Your "friends" are either in cloud9 like you or just dont know ♥♥♥♥ from ♥♥♥♥e.

Check your forum and feedback, touch your heart, and tell me if your few should be uncountable instead.

Ignisbe
10-05-2014, 02:10 AM
On a sidenote a more serious question for you Mr. Hartsman

Since your company provides this "service" for the US and the EU when can we expect your company to give us support during the EU daytime hours aswell?

I mean for example live chat is not available till 3pm here and runs till what, 7am? thats a bit useless.
The EU login server has been down for hours already and theres not even the acknowledgement that you guys are aware. For all we know you are all quietly asleep enjoying your sleep while about half your customers cant use the service you are supposed to be providing.

You need to get EU presence in your company.

Reject90
10-05-2014, 02:15 AM
I have just decided to try a one month patron status, because i found this game very exciting... But i'm getting to fed up with the issues... i just can't play never.. when i want to play it's always maintaining or other ♥♥♥♥..

AND NOW when actually no update, no ♥♥♥♥.. i got crashed with some "Login failed - Verify username and password".. BUT WHERE THE HELL SHOULD I DO THAT? AND HOW IT WAS GOOD BEFORE?

I'm getting angry about these things..

Geopenguin
10-06-2014, 09:56 PM
I like that you are going after spammers, but I'm worried some legitimate players under level 15 will not be able to ask questions and seek genuine help.

Rift has always been great about eliminating the gold farmers. Am hoping you can come up with a better solution.

Lanc
10-07-2014, 02:16 AM
Note to Trion,

Googling about haxes and guilds in normal google search (wont paste links here, or names or guild names)

You will find out pretty easily, that a lot of people already have coordinates ready to the next expansion areas.

This means, the day the new areas open, teleport hackers will teleport to correct spots in Auroria and claim land.

= so you know what to expect.

= so you can track them and ban them

Kinarra
10-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Im happy to announce weve booted out over six figures worth of bad actors from the game, and have started up new processes that are aimed at keeping their reentry as difficult as possible. (Yes, that two million number up there does have these folks subtracted from it already.)

does that number of bots banned include all the innocent people who have got banned too for no reason? (i.e my girlfriend)

Your Girlfriend is a bot :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C8Slzx-Gpc

Trancefate
10-07-2014, 08:50 AM

ALL land is patron only. I do however agree entirely; you should not be able to own more than a few (MAYBE four) properties.

Trancefate
10-07-2014, 08:54 AM
I think most of the bots are there because they have the ability to farm gold and sell it. I made the suggestion that we should not be able to sell or transfer gold to anyone but the user account that earned it. I think you fight bots the same way you fight scorpions in Arizona/Nevada. You can't usually kill them with poison. Any poison strong enough to kill them would probably kill you just as fast. You kill them by removing their food source. You kill the cockroaches and crickets, the things that can be killed easily. If you remove the ability to buy and sell or transfer gold to non-connected accounts, I think the harmful bots would go away on their own.

And then how do legitimate players trade gold? because if they can't (which I think is what you just suggested), then what is the purpose of gold anymore?

NightScream
10-07-2014, 09:00 AM

I posted in this thread just to quote this.

Barb
10-07-2014, 09:47 AM
I'd expect that the patrons who have not been able to get land yet will just stop paying for patron. So they really need to do something about the land situation if they want to keep those 2 million subscribers.

Amoret
10-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Hate to tell yall, not only bots use the tele hack. So there may well be patrons gearing up to tele to there spots when it opens

BrittneyCat
10-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Sooo is this said Halloween event coming this year or next year? It's October and haven't heard anything from Trion/XL... I would really love a Halloween event.... with maid costumes.......

For the people that will complain about Trion/XL creating events instead of fixing the game: I know it still has other problems but that doesn't mean we can't have fun things. They also probably have different teams working on different things.

Frankenstein
10-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Hate to tell yall, not only bots use the tele hack. So there may well be patrons gearing up to tele to there spots when it opens

And the patrons that use teleport to the spots to claim land before everyone else that doesn't have the ability to teleport should be banned right? Those that have gained an advantage over others should be banned correct? If that's the case, everyone playing the game would be banned. There would be no players. Of course some advantages over other players are overlooked by the gaming companies that make these games and they decide not to ban some players but ban the players that the community of the game believes should be banned. If enough players cry about banning something, the gaming company usually takes action even though the ones crying about banning are the ones that usually have acquired other ways to gain an advantage.

It's all about the word "advantage" and the belief of the customer base as to who gets banned and who shouldn't. But still everyone that plays ArcheAge from day one has sought an advantage over others and you say those that gained an advantage over others shouldn't be banned because you believe it's fair... well, that's hypocrisy.

KillaCroc
10-10-2014, 12:36 PM
And the patrons that use teleport to the spots to claim land before everyone else that doesn't have the ability to teleport should be banned right? Seriously? Yes. If patrons are use a tele HACK to claim land before anyone else, ban them. Those that have gained an advantage over others should be banned correct? If they are using hacks or exploits to do so, hell yes! If that's the case, everyone playing the game would be banned. There would be no players. Of course some advantages over other players are overlooked by the gaming companies that make these games and they decide not to ban some players but ban the players that the community of the game believes should be banned. If enough players cry about banning something, the gaming company usually takes action even though the ones crying about banning are the ones that usually have acquired other ways to gain an advantage.

It's all about the word "advantage" and the belief of the customer base as to who gets banned and who shouldn't. But still everyone that plays ArcheAge from day one has sought an advantage over others and you say those that gained an advantage over others shouldn't be banned because you believe it's fair... well, that's hypocrisy.

Its pretty simple how this works. It isn't as philosophical as you try to make it seem. If a person is cheating ban them. What constitutes cheating is defined, in this case of course, by Trion. If they want to allow bots, they can. Same goes for the tele hack. In which case everyone is free to use them. This is not the same thing as a group of people getting an advantage because their guild is bigger and they can do gilda runs easier. Its not the same thing as someone getting more labor points because they are a patron and in return can craft more. Those "advantages" are allowed because it is within the games ruleset. But telehacking, botting, and all the other means of cheating that break the rules Trion put into play, they grant advantages that should result in bans. It really isn't that difficult to understand.

Arrathene
10-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Just for everyones info I have located two bots on Kyrios server. They are named Yippeeyahoo and Drop. Both of them just sniped everyone that was waiting out of housing that was being destroyed. Drop is a level 10 and Yipeeyahoo is level 24.

You need to improve your BOT detectors. and clear out some property for us. Taking it back from the BOTS will free up a bunch.

Shaith
10-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Bright future? Too many of us are still sitting around with IP bans while your terrible support claims there aren't any bans in place. 2016 errors are rampant but seem to be swept under the rug.

existentialvoid
10-10-2014, 04:27 PM

For sure, at this point I don't know why I have patron status at all. I have enough tax certs to run my 8x8 for 50 weeks. Too many un-built houses 3 weeks after launch, alts logging on to pay a small tax fee to hold land, and a fair number of us are locked out of owning land at all. There really needs to be some thought about people who placed small farms blocking 24x24 spaces and such too. . .

dcofjapan
10-10-2014, 04:36 PM

wtb bunneh outfit

krd
10-11-2014, 09:40 AM
till now everything you fixed was an issue tha put danger in your pockets only.. your poor marketing tricks wont fix lag or crash or exploit issues....thanks

Nefar
10-13-2014, 12:29 PM
No foreign IP access to NA servers + No proxy allowed. End of your spam/bot/market manipulation problems. Might lose a low amount of players that access via proxy with no ill intent, however, the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few.

Bittymagnet
10-13-2014, 03:30 PM
No foreign IP access to NA servers + No proxy allowed. End of your spam/bot/market manipulation problems. Might lose a low amount of players that access via proxy with no ill intent, however, the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few.

+1, it'll never happen though, less money for Trion and XL

Lady Kilana
10-13-2014, 04:31 PM

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. There will still be people in NA that bot, spam, manipulate market, use hacks, use cheats. The only thing this really does is force people that have international friends to no longer be able to play with them.
and THAT, will hurt much worse.

kiwipearls
10-13-2014, 10:06 PM
How about having a Portal that takes you to a Farm land only area, a bit like the portal that takes you to Mirage Isle?
You could register one Portal in your book and you can only go and return from that portal but be able to carry trade packs.

It could have its own PTP and FTP areas and you could expand that land if the demand requires, this would also free up the main map and allow new players to join the server and not worrie that there is no chance of them getting a plot of land.

Just and idia i havent been playing long, but i do know already that land is a big issue for new players joining a server, i know of some who have just dropped a server to go look on outhers for the chance of some land, and a fear this will only get worse.

So a prtal to a Farmland only area away from the main game sounds good to me, what do you all think ?

I think Guild portal with farmland would be good, a place for guild members to place their farms and to share and to expand the land - as guild you need to pay.

Tropheus
10-14-2014, 03:44 AM
thats a very carebear idea, turning the sandbox world into a bunch of little farmville instances. What is this, Wildstar?

Pataran
10-14-2014, 06:34 AM
Fix the lags and give us server transfer...

PloXxY
10-14-2014, 04:58 PM
blew $150 on this game all i wanted was to build a house drive around in a farm cart and trade packs but i cant do any of it because all the land is gone wont be buying into alpha/betas ever again :'(

ohh and i did check safe/pvp maps even checked islands out at sea no space on salphira so i stopped playing at level 24 booo

Irrstern
10-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Sooo is this said Halloween event coming this year or next year? It's October and haven't heard anything from Trion/XL... I would really love a Halloween event.... with maid costumes.......

For the people that will complain about Trion/XL creating events instead of fixing the game: I know it still has other problems but that doesn't mean we can't have fun things. They also probably have different teams working on different things.

the next year of live updates and holiday events!

explains itself

Applesauce1254
10-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Adding a ranked PVP system would satisfy MANY players desire to achieve success in a ranked system. PLEASE work on this. Note: For the short term please provide the option to join as group and implement 2v2 and 3v3 for more complex team compositions. THIS IS NECESSARY for the longevity of the title. Thank you

Stigandr7
10-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Damn the holiday events! All I want for x-mas is this ♥♥♥♥ing game to stop lagging and auroria to open. God dammit trion.

And the guy talking about arena rankings, FFS MAN, stop trying to make this WoW. Go away. WoD comes out soon, go play there.

Mered4
10-16-2014, 01:41 AM
Adding a ranked PVP system would satisfy MANY players desire to achieve success in a ranked system. PLEASE work on this. Note: For the short term please provide the option to join as group and implement 2v2 and 3v3 for more complex team compositions. THIS IS NECESSARY for the longevity of the title. Thank you

I'm confused - this is an OWPvP Sandbox. Since when has the arena ever been a serious part of the game ever? This isn't necessary at all. I agree there should be some sort of leaderboard (most OW enemy/friendly faction kills, most trade packs stolen, most trade packs turned in), but not for arena stuff. That's like the Planetside 2 MLG pro players who wanted the game to play like COD. WTF. No.

Hannibal
10-16-2014, 02:51 AM

This is not even in the Korean version today. Don't expect it. but i'd love it.

Tristerin
10-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Id like to see this number in a month :)

Empereur
10-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Fix your crappy servers first ... couldn't stay online on Aier (EU) for 5 mins this morning.

Kiffa
11-16-2014, 04:09 PM
What happened to a Bright Future of Updates?

Kiffa
11-16-2014, 04:10 PM
You still care about this game or its players, scotty? Or now that the initial cash-in is over and it's a total gongshow, you gonna move on?

saveman
11-17-2014, 01:14 PM
updates ... pfff
I cant download all game files for install ... you say Updates... fix that download problem damn...

Shadowwind
11-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Can you ask XL to consider a Clock for the game, of course like WOW'z. Could you ask them to consider a map zoom re-vision, and maybe move the seats to where the coach stops? could you ask XL Games to make a Calander for the in-game experience, of course like Wow again, ...duh.
And most of all, could you ask XL Games to make the AH list "item for sale" experience a better experience for players?

KageSaya
11-17-2014, 02:16 PM
To remove the timer on worker's and limit them to 2 per character per 24h instead. And so we could get some more labor points when we actually need some.

Trixologist
11-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Can you ask XL to consider a Clock for the game, of course like WOW'z. Could you ask them to consider a map zoom re-vision, and maybe move the seats to where the coach stops? could you ask XL Games to make a Calander for the in-game experience, of course like Wow again, ...duh.
And most of all, could you ask XL Games to make the AH list "item for sale" experience a better experience for players?

Not that suggestions aren't welcome or that some of these wouldn't make sense but really - if u want WoW go play it.

jnicholas
11-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Whoever posted about limiting the amount of land that can be owned, I have to agree with that. It's BS that we have a limit to the number of slots in our bag, but not to the amount of land. And, I still see people who have the land grab script (bypasses the confirmation dialogue) taking up all the land (if any ever opens up).
But, it is like Korea. Very little land left

Clawss
11-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Bright future indeed. You guys killing the game. Actually, i think you killed it already.

kaoti
11-18-2014, 03:13 PM
the future is bright because it is on fire.

Moessus
11-18-2014, 04:31 PM
How about you guys actually fix the problems rather than making empty promises. I cannot use my APEX and my patron status is about to run out... I have a ticket, but will that do anything? No, my last 5 tickets all ended with poor responses.

jm01
11-18-2014, 07:49 PM
How about you guys actually fix the problems rather than making empty promises. I cannot use my APEX and my patron status is about to run out... I have a ticket, but will that do anything? No, my last 5 tickets all ended with poor responses.

As far as using APEX goes, APEX has been disabled in the game and has been taken out of the Glyph store due to the recent exploit so you will not be able to use it until they enable APEX again. If you wanted to use apex to buy patron you are going to have to buy patron with real money until they fix APEX.

OffySmash
11-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Im sure half of the 2mil registered users are banned accounts whos paid time hasnt run out yet.

SirEverette
11-19-2014, 04:31 PM
As far as using APEX goes, APEX has been disabled in the game and has been taken out of the Glyph store due to the recent exploit so you will not be able to use it until they enable APEX again. If you wanted to use apex to buy patron you are going to have to buy patron with real money until they fix APEX.

Fix the Apex? How about PermaBan the players that were exploiting the Apex that caused them to take it away from the rest of us that want it! And, while Trion/XL games are doing the PermaBans, how about IP Tracking / Logging of the Bots ingame, and PermaBan the IP addresses associated with the bots. Hell, the Bots are probably the thing that caused the APEX Exploit in the first place.

[QUOTE=Hartsman;749395]

A MASSIVE NEW AGE

SERVERS

BOTS-N-SPAM

AND WHATS NEXT?

- Scott

Hey Scott... do you remember that you said this back in MARCH of this year?? Why have there only been MINOR updates that only ♥♥♥♥ up the servers, not allow players to get on, take APEX away, allow more bots to enter the game than your SIX Figures took out?? I see a lot of promises from the "CEO" but very few people (your staff) only see the good that is actually being done (most notably in their paychecks that we keep paying).. Because your deadbeat developer team sucks at coding and has not produced anything of real worth to the game (other than AURORIA) since F2P Launch.
When are the Bright Future of Updates going to start?? As a paying customer, I would love to be able to file a Formal Complaint to your Board of Directors and Direct Share Holders. I would like to have a viable STREET address (not a PO BOX) to send my correspondence.

katerinha
11-20-2014, 06:11 PM
what about a transfer character?

KoolAid the RED
11-21-2014, 03:44 PM
I want my timber coupe, and I sware if you change it from vocation badges to something else I, my incredible spending habit, will leave this game.

ArrowHead1236
11-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks, I was wondering why it wouldn't let me.