PDA

View Full Version : Router affected by Arche Age's "Gods."

Kadabra
10-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to prevent my router from shutting down every few minutes, while I am connected to Areche Age of Glyph. After reading many posts on this forum, from reddit, and several gaming forums, I figured out that Arche Age was somehow directly affecting my router.

While I am connected to either Glyph or Arche Age, within less than a minute up to 10 minutes of me being connected, I will receive a notice from the game saying that I have been disconnected via some cruel god's whim. Unlike others, I can make it past the character selection screen. Nothing I do within game or in the real world seems to be specifically triggering the disconnects. As far as I can tell, they are random; I could be idle or active and a disconnect will occur.

I have tried a method which suggesting changing the timeout within Arche Age's .CFG file from 30 to 60, and that seemed to work for awhile. However after manually logging out, after about 6 minutes of play and coming back to the game hours later, I found myself still plagued by disconnects.

My problem does not seem to be as bad as those whose routers no longer work, even if they shut down Arche Age and its launcher; I have no problems doing anything else while I am not connected to either of those. I've confirmed that it's likely not the workload that the router cannot handle, nor is is overheating specifically. I purposely turned on numerous torrents as well as began seeding many more and started running videos concurrently on the machine I am currently using. I had no issues while doing any of this.

I am very sure this is an Arche Age related issue. I occasionally see people saying they wet some mysterious place and solved the issue, but they don't really follow up with what they did in order to solve the issue. I am not depending on Trion to solve this; I have a lot of faith in you guys, as well as myself. If anyone out there has found a solution which goes beyond router resets and the .CFG file change I already mentioned, that would be greatly appreciated by myself and my guild.

Thank you for your time, and I hope someone out there who know what is going on reads this.

Kadabra
10-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Bump this!

EVILDUTCH
10-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Everything that you use on your computer go's true your router/modem, as soon you turn on your computer (and have the cables connected) it sends data from your computer to your router/modem so it's in all cases normal and good that ArcheAge is coming true. However ArcheAge will not effect your router/modem in any case other then connection to their server(s) and/or service(s). What can happen, not just with ArcheAge, is that when you play a game, download, upload, watch a video online your internet can have break down sometimes. This is caused by Sync Floods, UDP Floods, etc, etc, that can lagg and/or turn off your connection long enough that the server(s) and/or service(s) see you timed out and give a automatic kick. As known so far there is no special message saying you timed out so you just get "Disconnected by the Gods.". If you have access to the router/modem logs, you might wanna take a look in there.

Cheers.

Kadabra
10-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Thank you for taking the time to look at and respond to my post. I'm familiar with computer:router relations. My connection to Arche Age is certainly not the only thing being disrupted though. Everything which is connected to the router loses its connection while I am connected to Arche Age or Glyph. Also, the things you described are denial of server attacks. I don't think DoS attacks are the main culprit in this case or any of the cases you just listed.

I must repeat that I am not just timing out in game. My entire router is shutting off, and it only occurs while I am logged into Glyph (idle or otherwise) or if I am playing Arche Age.

Also, while I thank you for your attempted assistance, even if I believed you were heading in the right direction of the problem's solution, you did not offer advice as to what I ought to be specifically looking for while following through with your plan.

Is there anyone else out there who has experienced and overcome this issue?

EVILDUTCH
10-06-2014, 08:21 PM
As said in my last post as you call it 'advice' you might wanna take a look in your router/modem logs, since i had the same issue when launching the game. It also gave me more then just Sync Floods and UPD Loops, also received TCP-SYN with data, TCP Null Scans, Full Spau Scans, Vecna Scan, Nmap Xmas Scan. As soon i stopped the game, all the warnings stopt as well. And if you are familiar with all this. (My guess is not that much since you called it a DDoS attack) you know what to do.

Cheers.

Kadabra
10-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Bump it up.

Senzubean
10-07-2014, 01:35 AM
Bump it up.

Not really contributing but I've had a similiar issue.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?29591-Router-restarts-when-updating-the-800-mb-patch-or-reinstalling-Archeage

The thing I did to make it work was disconnecting my router and connect my pc directly to my modem
That way I was able to download the game, Playing it then I had no problems with.
Even now I hardly have disconnects If i Do its cause im AFK or if the server resets/ maintenance

Solonor
10-07-2014, 01:52 AM
As said in my last post as you call it 'advice' you might wanna take a look in your router/modem logs, since i had the same issue when launching the game. It also gave me more then just Sync Floods and UPD Loops, also received TCP-SYN with data, TCP Null Scans, Full Spau Scans, Vecna Scan, Nmap Xmas Scan. As soon i stopped the game, all the warnings stopt as well. And if you are familiar with all this. (My guess is not that much since you called it a DDoS attack) you know what to do.

Cheers.

I do agree with your post! The best thing to do, is to look into the logs of that specific router, to see what happened. If the router closes all connections and not only the one to the affected computer, it is trying to protect the user as well as the connected devices.

@Kadabra: Please could you provide us with the name and model of your router? This could help everybody who trys to help you with your issue.

Thanks in advance