PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Press Demo at GDC 2014

Scapes
03-28-2014, 06:44 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/GDC2014_Demo_Scapes_FireCait_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/03/archeage-press-demo-gdc-2014/‎)

Has it already been a week since we brought ArcheAge to Game Developer Conference 2014? Time flies when you launch the official forums the day after getting back!

Producer Victoria "FireCait" Voss and Community Manager Evan "Scapes" Berman presented an introductory demo of the game to members of the press, showing off ArcheAge's striking visual beauty, deep sandbox MMO design, and, naturally, the baby lion cub that we grew into our own mount. After a week of demonstrating to media, we were thrilled to bring the show home to our Twitch channel and run through it for the ArcheAge community!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/03/archeage-press-demo-gdc-2014/)

Cherish
03-28-2014, 07:28 PM
LOL did FireCait get in strife for killing that poor ducky :D And yeah it was awesome to watch and Im so in love with mounts that can carry two people. Hopefully its not just one of each sex though as some games make it. Can't wait to see if this game has what it takes to keep us interested for years instead of months Im so over games being released and done and dusted in a few months :(

Apologies for doing this here Scapes but I had a question I would have liked answered on the give away thread that I slept through and was wondering if maybe you have an answer for it please.

I know AA is having a marriage system and was wondering if it is going to be gendre locked? Its pretty common knowledge that a huge percentage of males like to play female chars.

SilentPrayers
03-28-2014, 11:32 PM
I liked the Demo, I hope maybe there will be another for next friday? I was really sad I didn't see you guys today... :(

Meowsiku
03-29-2014, 08:04 AM
Like Cherish asked, I was asleep during the give away thread and I had a few questions that I neither saw or had the chance to ask. I was wondering if I could ask a few here so hopefully I can ask them in this one...I have 3 in particular.

I loved the demo, it made me fall even more in love with AA (if possible). I was wondering, though, if there's a certain crafting level you have to be to make the house that suits the player the best. Most game's require that the player be an extraordinary high crafting level in order to even start to make good looking things, and I was curious if that would be implemented in this case as well.

I realize there are limited cannons and various other things on the ship for people to use, but I watched a YouTube video that showed a speedboat with what seemed to be enough players on it to sink a battle ship. Also In the case of open sea battles, is there a limit to how many people can ride one ship at a time?

My last question (sorry if I'm being persistent), will there be holiday events for the environments of this game? In a few other MMO's I've player I noticed that around winter holidays snow could fall or holiday music would play near shops and npc's, also in the case of summer holiday's, small fireworks could be seen in the skies above towns. In one particular MMO (the one I'm actually quitting to join AA) during certain holidays, if you played your player would get small free items that were used for cosmetic; costumes, small foods that showed effects, or snowballs you could have playful fights with...I'm personally hoping AA has holiday events to enjoy with friends.

P.S. I like the beard in your picture, Scapes...

Haiakos
03-31-2014, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the demo and updates, i can't wait to play it with my friend!

Try to make more streams about the specifics features of the game...

Slyndria
03-31-2014, 04:40 PM
One of the best articles I have seen on the game so far, we need more of this!

Hawking
03-31-2014, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the update. My kitty.

CyklonDX
03-31-2014, 06:39 PM
So far looks good; Interesting mechanics ~ thanks for update.

john
03-31-2014, 07:51 PM
I'm extremely excited! This looks like the best game out there so far. The one problem is that it will draw away from RIFT. It offers everything for everyone. It even offers flight!

Kome
03-31-2014, 08:15 PM
I can't wait to see more about how crafting works. Its been a long time since I played a game with an Artisan driven-economy. I am very eager to see how that all works! Thanks for the video, looking forward to more xD

Meowsiku
03-31-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm extremely excited! This looks like the best game out there so far. The one problem is that it will draw away from RIFT. It offers everything for everyone. It even offers flight!
It's not really that much of a problem though...I played Aion for I used to love NCsoft, but their last update in Aion COMPLETELY changed that basis of parties and the entire idea of class stacking. As soon as I saw just 1 trailer from AA i decided to drop Aion, and I've already recruited a few guilds to follow me. Since Trion does works with both Rift and AA, they'll just be switching from one player fanbase to another, not really losing that much profit :p

Science the Pony
03-31-2014, 09:40 PM
Well seeing the email which lead me to the video reminded me that this game is still being brought over =P and also made me sort my account out! Also you guys should do a video every Friday of you guys just messing around for half an hour to an hour, gives us hope that one of these titles that some people have been waiting 4-6 years for are coming out soon!

Scotty
04-01-2014, 12:10 AM
Looking good can't wait to play the Beta ;-)

Alpinis182
04-01-2014, 02:50 AM
It's looking great and i love it. But still wondering around the release date in Europe and how to be part of the Beta. I searched all the stuff in here but still confused of that...

Greets from Czech ! :)

Chilias
04-01-2014, 04:04 AM
Looks good, cant wait to see more crafting showed ;) Can't wait for Betaaaaa

fido9dido
04-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Any idea if Alpha test phase Started or not? ... yet!

Mokwhy
04-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Yes looks great can wait to try it out i mind even drop ESO to play this game i bine
looking add this game for a wile now.

any idea close release a date?

Meowsiku
04-01-2014, 07:03 PM
they're in friends and family now, they've talked about beta a few times but no known dates yet

centersolace
04-01-2014, 07:31 PM
This is looking better every time. Hope to hear more soon.

Ryuna
04-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Recently watched this! Makes me even more excited for the game to come out! :) CAN'T WAIT!

GargaxBR
04-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Thx for update. I will see the video. Im can get play beta.

Xuefeng
04-02-2014, 09:21 AM
I loved the video and can't wait to start playing. ^^

Wolfman
04-03-2014, 01:55 AM
Can't wait for this game. Iv'e been waiting since 2011, and i'm still so pumped to play.

Kit7ycat
04-04-2014, 04:25 AM
The vid was Amazing! very excited!

=D

Yangire
04-04-2014, 08:44 AM
I cannot wait.......I'm like so excited that I can't stop talking about it gahhhhh

Noah
04-04-2014, 08:49 AM
I can't wait ! I wanna play it so bad.

BTW will they talk about Archeage in today's stream ?

Arzetlam
04-05-2014, 05:04 AM
The video was a fine draft to understand what AA is about.
Let's hope to see more.

fearNuke
04-07-2014, 11:29 AM
castle siege looks awesome, and growing your own mount is sooooooooo cool :D

Senichiro
04-07-2014, 11:33 AM
nice video o.o i cant wait

Vray
04-08-2014, 05:30 AM
Alpha - Closed Beta - Open Beta - Launch
And when will be the alpha?? I can't stand it >.<
Watch the video makes me more suffer.. XD

MoSa
04-09-2014, 06:31 AM
Eu version will be better than RU. I was on CBT of russian version, and there were a lot of bugs about premium, quests and servers. Hope all of this will be fixed here, even publisher is TRION, not mail.ru. Also please make support on website 24/7.

mayhem
04-15-2014, 07:34 PM
I can't wait to see more about how crafting works too.

Candron
04-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Great overview! Player interaction should be very interesting as people get higher in level!

nintesu
04-28-2014, 07:46 PM
I love how there is no limits on how you as the player and choose to play this game. Im a big PvE player but I also love farming and crafting, but now we can compose music, practice compositions? I really hope people give this game a chance and actually play for a while and not judge it based off the first 10.20 levels then quit. "Though if they own a piece I want then good riddance :D". I can't wait to see some raiding content.