PDA

View Full Version : TANK/DEBUFFER 1st LINE

Booxi
10-12-2014, 07:26 AM
I was trying to play some healer but unfortunately i am less than decent in this game. The other char i rly like to play is tanky debuffer its like tank from Shayia

My character idea is to build the most tanky character ever. I dont care about dps i want to focus on mass pvp where i can push the line, CC and debuff all around.

1. Dreambreaker
http://archeageonline.pl/kalkulatory/kalkulator-skilli.html#2,4,5t20,22,23,24,25,27,32t58,59,60,61 ,62,63,64,67,68,70,72,75,76t172,173,174,175,178,18 0,186,187

Auramancy:
Thwart - aoe debuff
Conversion Shield - frontline requires a lot of survival
Vicious implosion - crush enemy lines
Teleportation - utility
Health Lift - does it stack with refreshment?
Shrug it off - anty cc
Absorb damage - tiny heal

Defense:
Shield slam - CC - stun
Refreshment - same as health lift
Bull Rush - CC - after Shield slam
Boastful Roar - CC - shaken, slow
Toughen - tiny heal
Revitalizing Cheer - selfheal
Redoubt - survival skill
Imprison - CC
Invincibility - While waiting for heal :)
Supplemental block - block
Shield of steel - defa
Bears Vigor - stat increase
Ursine roar - why not?

Witchcraft:

Earthen Grip - CC
Enervate - debuff and EG combo
Bubble trap - CC
Insidious whisper - CC
Courageous Action - Immune to CC
Banshe wail - CC
Magic detection - Magic Def
Mitigation - why not?

thinking about Purge...

2. Skullknight

http://archeageonline.pl/kalkulatory/kalkulator-skilli.html#2,4,9t20,22,23,24,25,27,32,30,28t58,59 ,60,61,62,63,64,67,68,70,72,75,76t135,136,141,142, 144,138

Defense:
Same as before

Auramancy:
here we have also
Protective wings : mdef when stuck in cage
Liberation : Anty debuff

Occultims:
Crippling Mire - CC
Hell Spear - AOE CC
Summon Crows - Debuff
Retribution - def skill
Stillness - anty debutt, disables healers
Summon Wraith - debuff

3. Defiler
http://archeageonline.pl/kalkulatory/kalkulator-skilli.html#5,4,9t172,173,174,175,176,178,180,186, 187t58,59,60,61,62,63,64,67,68,70,72,75,76t135,136 ,141,142,144,138

same as before just witchcraft has purge

Gameplan : initiate team fights, CC&Debuff

Gear:

Here is my biggest porublem i dont play enough to affort 2 sets i have to find something between i play on Kyprosa which doesn't have that many mages.

Here are sets i'v been thinking about:

Basic Illustrious Lake Plate Set:
Defense 2493
Stamina 207
Intelligence 136
Full Set Bonus: Increases max health +477; Increases Magic Attack +8.5.

Basic Illustrious Sunset Plate set:
Defense 2493
Strength 207
Intelligence 136
Full Set Bonus: Increases Magic Defense +255; Increases Critical Rate +2.5%.

Basic Illustrous Stone Cloth Set:
Defense 495
Magic Defense 1440
Stamina 207
Spirit 136
Full Set Bonus: Increases Physical Defense +378; Decreases received damage -2.5%.

stat comparison:

Lake Plate:
Defense: 2493 (Base) + 200 (Shield Passive) + 3% (Plate Passive) = 2773.79
Magic Defense: 500 + 200 (Shield Passive) + 25% (Purge) = 875
HP: 447 + 5% (Plate Passive) = 469.35
CC Resist: Stun and Shackle -20%
Magic Attack: 300 (Base) + 27.2 (Int) + 8.5 (Set) = 335.7

Sunset Plate:
Defense: 2493 (Base) + 200 (Shield Passive) + 3% (Plate Passive) = 2773.79
Magic Defense: 500 + 200 (Shield Passive) + 225 (Passive) + 25% (Purge) = 1156.25
HP: +5% (Plate Passive)
CC Resist: Stun and Shackle -20%
Magic Attack: 300 (Base) + 27.2 (Int) = 327.2
Other: Crit Chance +2.5%

Stone Cloth:
Defense: 495 (Base) + 378 (Stone Passive) +200 (Shield Passive) = 1073
Magic Defense: 1440 (Base) + 200 (Shield Passive) + 136 (Spirit) + 25% (Purge) = 2220
HP: 0
CC Resist: All CC -30%
Magic Attack: 300 (Base) + 5% (Cloth Passive) = 315
Other: All damage reduced by 2.5% około 100-200 def on both stats? ?

Lake Combined Defenses = 3648.79
Sunset Combined Defenses = 3930
Stone Combined Defenses = 3293

Also passives gives me 700 pdef and if i chose witchcraft 500mdef

if i chose plate i can increase mdef with jewelery shield and weapon also lunargems

I'd be greatfull for any kind of help cause i am lost in it badly.

Oshi
10-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Health Lift does not stack with refreshment, revitalizing cheer is bad, remove it and tray to get the pasive argument witchcraft, this passive is good in the case of dreambreaker.

Diktator
10-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Stone cloth set with scepter/club + shield, Tomb warden...that's what I would play.

Snozzallos
10-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I'll contest Revitalizing Cheer being bad.

Assuming a full stack of 3000 meddle, Cheer gives you 293hp + 1500 = 1793.
Shrug it Off from Auramancy gives it a 50% boost (895) to hit for 2686hp.
Bear's Vigor w/Refreshement & Toughen build Meddle like mad.
+100% of whatever healpower you're carrying around.

ON INSTANT CAST.
FOR ONLY 47 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ MANA.

Sorry, but if you spec it right, Revitalizing Cheer is easily the best heal in the game.
Even if you go all in for Defense and drop it down to a 36s cooldown, you will have zero problem building meddle to max with the Bear's Vigor trinity. That's why you pick up Refreshement, not for the 1716hp buff. That's just icing on the cake. Refreshment ultimately tops out over Health Lift, assuming you're going down to Vigor, making it by far the better value since Health Lift only exists for its own sake.

In terms of practical experience, I run a Shadowbane for most of my leveling and barely touch my vitalisim tree anymore for standard pulling. I might throw up some resurgence to keep me from going down too fast, but the moment I hit about 50% hp, I pop RC and bam-- Back to at or near 100%. Without my healing hammer equipped.

IMO, you're failing at Archeage not taking RC if you're specing to any depth in the Defense tree.

Booxi
10-13-2014, 05:32 AM
Well i have changed it a bit now. Probably i will chose defiler. Still i have trouble with gear but probably i will try to get GHA set. IT seems to be fine and lunagem it with somę mdef and get also somę mdef jewelery.

garfield
10-13-2014, 05:56 AM
I don't see lake cloth as possible set, it is the most useful one, even for skullknight.

garfield
10-13-2014, 05:58 AM
I'll contest Revitalizing Cheer being bad.

Assuming a full stack of 3000 meddle, Cheer gives you 293hp + 1500 = 1793.
Shrug it Off from Auramancy gives it a 50% boost (895) to hit for 2686hp.
Bear's Vigor w/Refreshement & Toughen build Meddle like mad.

where does it state that bear vigor increase the mettle rate? it doesn't.

whysoemo
10-13-2014, 07:09 AM
where does it state that bear vigor increase the mettle rate? it doesn't.

It doesn't. But combined Refreshment & Toughen generate Mettle like instantly, try it out for yourself with both and just with one of them.

Booxi
10-13-2014, 07:22 AM
I don't see lake cloth as possible set, it is the most useful one, even for skullknight.

You guys forget that i want to be TANKY i dont care about DPS...

garfield
10-13-2014, 07:28 AM
It doesn't. But combined Refreshment & Toughen generate Mettle like instantly, try it out for yourself with both and just with one of them.
I already know that, I play skullknight and rotate with thaumaturge on naval warfare.
Nonetheless, toughen is really not necessary. It's by itself meaningless and the mettle generation is already fast.
I'd rather spend 1 point elsewhere.
I'd make the same point about bear vigor, which only under specific circumstances is worth the 10 points in defense for under 2k health benefit.
This is even more true if you gear start to be decent (magnificent+ with heroic buff).

Zenhii
10-13-2014, 07:44 AM
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#2.3.4/HZkgSpk1vUU1

Is the build I am currently rolling with. (Imprison can be swapped out for shield slam and the 2 floating point are either put into leech, lassituted or the passive witchcraft "mitigation")

First of, 10 point into witchcraft is mandatory since ennervate + mudhand is your bread and butter, and you absolutely cannot afford a cast time on mudhand. At this point you might as well take the 10 point passive, it's really good but it's really only the 9 point one that I consider completely mandatory. Insidious whisper isn't really bad, it's just that I already run one sleep and one fear in my build (both which I consider superior) and I don't want to be too vulnerable to Courageous action/pvp cloak.
I am seriously considering replacing Dahuta's Breath though, it's pretty important in 1v1 since my damage output is so abyssmal but it feels mildly underwhelming in larger pvp battles.

On to defense tree. Redoubt and Invincibility are no-brainers. They are just extremely good abilities.
I do not see the need to take both refreshment and toughen since Aif I am actively taking damage there is a good chance I will max out on mettle faster then boastful comes of cooldown.
I don't find revitalizing cheer very good. If I boost it with Shrug it off (wich means I won't get a boosted boastful) it can heal for ~2600. That means it would take a full 3 minutes to heal to full if I used it every time it came of cooldown, with a full mettle stack every time as well as using up my stun-break in the proccess. In short, for the two points invested I don't feel like the effect is worth it (it will get a major buff in 1.7 though so might have to reevaluate it then).
For the rest of the tree, shield of steel passive because of all the primevals and darkrunners on my server, bullrush to shut down other mages with witchcraft, imprison for those times when the odds are stacked against you, also messes up archers (Everyone plays Primeval on my server).

And auramancy hardly needs explaining, teleport is awesome for escaping or catching up or just get into position, shrug it off cancels stuns and also boosts Boastful, and 7% less damage taken is alway a nice little bonus.
Thwarth is horrible if you don't utilize the atack speed (3 sec soft cc with 15 sec cooldown?), conversion shield seems nice on paper but most of the time you simply end up getting cc'ed to death, in any other situation where you know you are about to take a crapload of damage, invincibility is straight up better. Viscous implosion... seems lackluster. I hear skullnight make good use of it to combo into hellspears, but Dreambreaker do not have any proper followup, and besides, while we are a front line fighter we still preffer to sit at 10-20m range, leave it to the abolishers and skullknights to get right into the thick of things.

Booxi
10-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Than You for all helpfull ansvers here is the build i am the most about to play atm.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/195790

Zenhii
10-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Looking good. Althoug out of Lassitude, Insidious Whisper and Bubble, whisper is the one I favor the least. Still, use whatever you feel moost comfortable with.

From the defense tree, you have two buffs to build mettle (that is the main reason you pick them up) yet your only mettle dump is on 36 sec cooldown. Pick up boastful roar as well imo.
I would also HIGHLY recommend getting that last witchcraft passive, enervate + mudhand is just that good and it's your main offensive tree either way.. Supplemental block is kinda meh imo, it really only shines during those 20 seconds of redoubt, after that it's mostly luck to ever get the damn thing to procc. Also keep in mind that using both stillness and corageous action gives you redundant anti-fear, you could consider deopping either of them.

Oh and one more thing. Banshee Wail, Hellspears and Stillness all require you to practically be melee range. Your build will most likely wreck most melees or classes to stupid to kite, but anyone who can keep you at a distance will simply stay out of range of half of your abilities. (It all comes down to if you can land the mudhand to close the distance).

Sarevok
10-13-2014, 12:33 PM
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/195982 - My adjustments.

Booxi
10-14-2014, 08:45 AM
Oh and one more thing. Banshee Wail, Hellspears and Stillness all require you to practically be melee range. Your build will most likely wreck most melees or classes to stupid to kite, but anyone who can keep you at a distance will simply stay out of range of half of your abilities. (It all comes down to if you can land the mudhand to close the distance).

I dont care about 1v1 i focus on mass pvp and debuffing enemies.