PDA

View Full Version : Another Archery thread D:< Halp~!

Locket
03-29-2014, 10:30 AM
I've been reading around and playing with the calculator. Just curious from an experienced point of view what goes well with Archery other than Finesse / whatever it's name is now. @_@''

At the moment I'm looking at archery / finesse / will. [Treasure Hunter kekekeke >:3]

Are magical based classes an absolute nono with archery? I would weep with joy if I could add some devotion / conjury. :S

ButteredToast
03-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Well in all honesty you can experiment with magic as an archer but it sounds bad because you would do both physical and magical damage and would need to get gear for both :c but if you're looking for a treasure hunter build i made 1..............but i'm still tweaking it
http://www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=511111100111100117001011100110001030010100 101000000
you could change it around for example bonecage instead of ankle but that's what i have right now.........taking suggestions from my archer friend :P

kiukiu
03-29-2014, 06:58 PM
www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=511010101111100117001011000100000030010100 111010101

late game pvp build
Biggest dilemma in archer builds is skill detection of vulnerabilities. Besides that skill, archer from finesse skill tree needs only 4 skills, so spending additional 3 skill points on 12% critical chance trigger is kinda waste, without skill unbeatable you will lose to ALL meele classes.

Locket
03-30-2014, 01:33 PM
I like both builds! thanks. They are very close to what I've been piecing together myself.

And I hate bone cage. O---O it scares me.

Tobi
03-30-2014, 03:02 PM
Those two build O_o? WHAT? Do you even AA? sorry but those are both ♥♥♥♥ builds. Arrow rain? Why? thats a crappy skill for pvp, bonecage? what? I lost my ♥♥♥♥ when i saw 8 points in Will. No finesse passives? huh?

First of all I play a pathfinder on the russian server. Its Archery/Finesse/will. This is basicly the ranged meta cookiecutter, its overpowered. You can easly kil people above your level even with ♥♥♥♥ gear.
First things first. If you want a ranged class then focus on ranged abilities and stats. Which means stack Agility. Get all the ranged bow abilities you can. Quickshot is a must.. Like srsly a must. Toxic shot is ok.
Ankle. bonecage and arrow rain are bad skills to use in pvp. They are good in instances tho AoE dmg and nice CCs.

Archery/Finesse/devotion is a great build too, not as popular but its a ok build
Archery/finesse/conjury is a sick spec. You will have no defence or stun-breaks and stuff but you will be the most unreachable ranger in all of the lands.

Stealth > Bubble > Arrowbomb > Mudhand > Unload everything > Fear > fire few arrows and his dead.
Its a good 1vs1 build, but not group build.

this is what i currently use and its epicly fun. I can burn 50% hp of most players with Arrow Bomb > Shock arrow > Bleeding arrow

www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=511011100101110117010011101100001130000110 110000000

You can Switch Power of life with the finesse first passive Counterattack for some easy Deadwish stacks.

Also the enemy closes gap to fast go Plunge > Perforation. The stun from Plunge combos with Perforation and you can knock down enemys easy gap opener with some dmg depending on ur Deathwish stacks

PureRogue
03-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Those two build O_o? WHAT? Do you even AA? sorry but those are both ♥♥♥♥ builds. Arrow rain? Why? thats a crappy skill for pvp, bonecage? what? I lost my ♥♥♥♥ when i saw 8 points in Will. No finesse passives? huh?

First of all I play a pathfinder on the russian server. Its Archery/Finesse/will. This is basicly the ranged meta cookiecutter, its overpowered. You can easly kil people above your level even with ♥♥♥♥ gear.
First things first. If you want a ranged class then focus on ranged abilities and stats. Which means stack Agility. Get all the ranged bow abilities you can. Quickshot is a must.. Like srsly a must. Toxic shot is ok.
Ankle. bonecage and arrow rain are bad skills to use in pvp. They are good in instances tho AoE dmg and nice CCs.

Archery/Finesse/devotion is a great build too, not as popular but its a ok build
Archery/finesse/conjury is a sick spec. You will have no defence or stun-breaks and stuff but you will be the most unreachable ranger in all of the lands.

Stealth > Bubble > Arrowbomb > Mudhand > Unload everything > Fear > fire few arrows and his dead.

this is what i currently use and its epicly fun. I can burn 50% hp of most players with Arrow Bomb > Shock arrow > Bleeding arrow

www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=511011100101110117010011101100001130000110 110000000

You can Switch Power of life with the finesse first passive Counterattack for some easy Deadwish stacks.

Also the enemy closes gap to fast go Plunge > Perforation. The stun from Plunge combos with Perforation and you can knock down enemys easy gap opener with some dmg depending on ur Deathwish stacks

Interesting build, but might have problems with using Pereforation in its full potential as you need to be behind player!
You could probably change Will to something else that would make this build more powerful but not judging did not check possibilities

Tobi
03-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Interesting build, but might have problems with using Pereforation in its full potential as you need to be behind player!
You could probably change Will to something else that would make this build more powerful but not judging did not check possibilities

Perforation is not for doing much dmg, but to be able to slip away and gain distance from hard gap closers. Most melee in the game will either lasso you and then stunlock you to death. Plunge > Perfoation combo gives you stun and knock back which will give you a breathing room and help you gain distance. Your main dmg will come from long range attacks and consistent crts. Perforation is a life saver with disarm on it.

You could use hunters mark > plunge to get a knock down, but chances are you missed your 15second window. Thats why having Plunge/perforation ready as a panic button is a must for me. Most melee classes will have combat which has lasso and lasso sucks for a archer. You will get lassoed and then stunned and then stunned for forever more. I always expect lasso when fighting melee thats why i always have my finger on my Plunge/Perforation panic button.Not because it does dmg but because it fast it stuns and it knock downs on top of that it gives Disarm. Yes Meele become useless when you use perforation on them. Perforation is useless without deathwish stacks it is however awesome for gaining control over a fight.

Also no, Will has escape, survivability and CC-breaks. Its exactly what the archery/finesse lines are lacking. It completes them.
Either way Archery/finesse/will is the most popular archery build in the russian servers. 3/4 archers use this build because it works the best

kiukiu
04-02-2014, 02:03 PM

♥♥♥♥ build, for very low gear, when u start stacking attack speed and armor piercing u will only focus on quickshot, arrowbomb and shockarrow. Bleeding arrow is antifinesse skill. I preffer shooting 3 quickshot arrows with all attack speed / critical power passive, than pointless toxic arrow. Point on like the wind is such a waste. I would put it on 14% evasion instead. And when u go to Cuba (middle isle) you will see the power of arrow rain. Bonecage 0-20m instacast, that forces enemy to use glider, waste 2-3s, getting out of it, win for you. Your class is more like meele backstaber with ranged skills. Thats early game poor gear skillbuild the most.

Mustafonte
04-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Arch is, stay away from the enemy, use arrowbomb +shockarrow+ spam quickshot + huntermark+shockarrow+bleending arrow

My build www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=511010100101101117001011000110000030110110 110000101

Or withdraw 14%evasion and put perforation(debuf and great dmg from behind) or plunge(stun and combo it huntermark)

Peter
04-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I think the most popular choices for a third class for Arch/Fin are Will (Stealth+Blink make doing trade runs a breeze), Conjury (lots of CC backflip into the golem hand, bubble, etc), Assault (so much extra damage potential with passives), and Devotion (makes leveling up solo a lot easier). I like t switch between will and assault depending on what I'm doing at the time.

Bakemono
04-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Tested build on EU: Archer Easy-Mode (Do what tho will with the 4 points in Will) (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=511111100101100117011011101100001031000110 100000000)