PDA

View Full Version : Glyph Client Now In Beta!

Scapes
05-16-2014, 10:18 AM
We're proud to announce that the Glyph client is now in Beta! Use Glyph to download and update your favorite Trion games including RIFT, Defiance, Trove, and ArcheAge. Glyph is a better, cleaner, and more uniform launching experience that makes connecting to your favorite games easier than ever before. Now that we’re in Beta, we're inviting you to download Glyph today and provide feedback on the overall user experience and functionality of the client.

Download Glyph now (http://glyph.net/download), and let us know what you think!

Greg the Mad
05-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Sounds interesting. Is there anything to consider when I already have Rift installed?

[Edit] Tried it out. Installed Glyph in the same folder where Rift is, and Glyph found Rift without me doing anything. Really neat. :)

Kenshinh
05-16-2014, 12:17 PM
So i suppose that we are going to have our beta client ready for download throught this new tool?
And, Could we download the beta client previusly to the start of the beta events?

Thank you!

vesturiel
05-16-2014, 01:53 PM
good app thanks

rForce
05-16-2014, 02:16 PM
do we have to redownload archeage when the beta starts? or can we use the client and just login to a different server then? :)

Fallon
05-16-2014, 02:49 PM
I hope this also fixes the patching problems I had :)

XxAlucardxX
05-16-2014, 03:01 PM
thats cool scapes :D

Josileudo
05-16-2014, 05:18 PM
I'll test this.

Zero Kelvin
05-16-2014, 05:35 PM
We're proud to announce that the Glyph client is now in Beta! Use Glyph to download and update your favorite Trion games including RIFT, Defiance, Trove, and ArcheAge. Glyph is a better, cleaner, and more uniform launching experience that makes connecting to your favorite games easier than ever before. Now that we’re in Beta, we're inviting you to download Glyph today and provide feedback on the overall user experience and functionality of the client.

Would be nice if the thing closed out after a game is launched.

Sarious
05-16-2014, 06:24 PM
I can´t log in.It says error 2024.Tried running as admin a few times.Doesnt work

Trodas
05-16-2014, 08:58 PM

or closed when the game is closed, which it hasn't been for me when playing the Archeage alpha.

Blazzin
05-17-2014, 08:45 AM
Well, it's beta so let it close, let it close O_o i gues

Darth Futuza
05-17-2014, 09:11 AM
I like that you guys use Qt. I approve.

Katt2501
05-17-2014, 10:01 AM
It looks pretty good! I'm sure I'll use it to download and launch ArcheAge when that becomes available :)

Mighty Platypus
05-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Glad to see this, now to see if Trion does like SOE and have a premium membership that pays for all their games. Hopefully premium credits across all games as well, might help to increase revenue/interest across all Trion games.

Brewskie
05-18-2014, 09:54 AM

ive had glyph since i started Alpha, and now that Beta is out as well. The first use of Glyph was unsuccessful as i had multiple log in issues. I did what was offered in the help me files and finally got the game to launch. Now that Beta is out, once again im having issues launching the game. The game shows the credits, and one time i was able to see the new trailer. But now it does not load or lauch the game at all. The shield is updated, and all the files in Windows are updated, yet it will not launch to the server list or character creator.

this time i will uninstall the game and glyph, and re install than go thru the help files again, and see what happens. But there is definitely an issue with launching the game.

Hope this helps, will follow up with other updates as i progress this difficulty in launch.

Dublux
05-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Today morning I logged in did some farming logged out. After couple hours I try log in and I get error 2024. Didn't change a thing with game or what so ever. Could someone please help me with this issue? I tried reinstall Glyph multiple times "run as administrator" nothing helped. Any help would be nice. Thx.

Kiana
05-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Yikes i hope we don't have to download the game again.............or they give a week of just download time.
It took me 5 days and an extra $45 for data overage :)

Azuc
05-18-2014, 10:00 PM
I have installed it not in a default folder and I did not have any problem using it. Besides, I would like to see these improvements:
1.- Auto-closing it after game launches (and killing its own processes if any).
2.- Showing server status of selected game.

I do not like this kind of launchers, but I guess It is something I have to deal with. Because every company that has more than 1 game uses a different launcher program, I consider them "bloat" programs.

Cheers,

Dublux
05-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Yikes i hope we don't have to download the game again.............or they give a week of just download time.
It took me 5 days and an extra $45 for data overage :)

Hi you don't need to re-download game cuz everything is ok with game. The problem is ghyph launcher that doesn't work. Try write wrong password and still u get same error.

Kealthas
05-20-2014, 08:05 AM
I downloadet and playing ArcheAge alpha with it without any problems, very good!

StealthCat
05-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Seems nice, I'm installing it for Rift and hopefully for AA :3

offroadguy56
05-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Super simple interface. Very easy to find what you want. The options however are lacking. I go into the options and all there is are file paths for the games. Would be nice if there were options like limiting the download speed. As well as options like upload speed if the downloader uses a torrent. If it does would be nice if we could turn that off as some don't like to use torrents.

Fubles
05-21-2014, 07:00 AM
Very nice, nice marketplace/launcher app as soon I'll be juggling Rift and ArcheAge time!

Captain Levi
05-21-2014, 07:57 AM
does that mean that archeage will come sooner than expected?

Roghlinn
05-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Pretty cool! :D

Palony
05-22-2014, 03:23 AM
I can´t log in.It says error 2024.Tried running as admin a few times.Doesnt work

I played ok yesterday but today it loads glyph and launches the hackshield but then launches a website for information about hackshield. Tried all suggestions on that web page but I cant play the game any more

nito99
05-22-2014, 03:58 AM
I played ok yesterday but today it loads glyph and launches the hackshield but then launches a website for information about hackshield. Tried all suggestions on that web page but I cant play the game any more

same for me

touristbear
05-22-2014, 04:07 AM

same problem.
paid $150 for founder but can't play game. wow.
i suggest to everyone reading this NOT to purchase anything until trion/glyph sort out this issue.

Revengra
05-22-2014, 04:18 AM
Same problem here. Played it fine yesterday, now getting this page. All steps didn't work. Hoping maybe it just means the Alpha server is down for maintenance or something. If we could get some sort of confirmation on this issue that would be great

byrdeen45
05-22-2014, 04:22 AM
Im haveing he same problem as the few above had no problem yesterday or any time befor and tried all there fixes.

Bilaria
05-22-2014, 04:43 AM
Same issue here as well...

Palony
05-22-2014, 04:53 AM
Just saw on another forum post that is is alpha launcher that is affected and they are trying to sort it now

Palony
05-22-2014, 05:05 AM
The issue has now been resolved, here is a link to their post on how to fix the issue http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?9442-Hackshield-Error-Resolved-Alpha-Status-AVAILABLE-5-22-2014-Updated&p=121217&posted=1#post121217

Vray
05-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Guys, I bought Beta key. Anyone know when and where I can download the Beta client?? I didn't see any option for the beta client on the Glyph.

Tharsonius
05-22-2014, 11:51 PM
If i try to start the Glyph Launcher the update bar load to 100% and nothing happens then. Any solution?

http://abload.de/img/glyphbarmfu8e.jpg

Update: Ok, i had again to setup "Run as administrator". It was configured befors like this and i dont know why this was removed. Works now.

GamerGal
05-25-2014, 04:43 PM

take it u've nvr had a launcher system like this for ur games b4 lol...try steam or arc games...both require a launcher like this. keeps all the games they provide in a nice neat easy to access location instead of having a million and 1 shortcuts on ur computer

Toshi1990
05-26-2014, 01:28 AM
Guys, I bought Beta key. Anyone know when and where I can download the Beta client?? I didn't see any option for the beta client on the Glyph.

The game is currently in Alpha, so if you don't buy into the alpha (150$) you can't download it. Wait for the Beta announcement, im sure they will reveal it soon.

Mandarinduck
05-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Wait for the Beta announcement, im sure they will reveal it soon.

Y-yeah, very soon.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/9877iE7079E5C7187B2FC/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Meanwhile people are spending $150 to play an alpha.

SatanSanta
05-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Sooooo.. A beta key for ArcheAge would really help me test this new Glyph client if ya know what I mean

(>'_')>(>'_')>(>'_')> ArcheAge Beta Key<('_'<) <('_'<)<('_'<) ever so sought after..

Blaqksmith
05-30-2014, 06:33 AM
very useful I like it.

Paridas
05-30-2014, 11:48 AM
It's a pretty good client!!!I just miss a repair button.The first time I downloaded ArcheAge some files were corrupted and I had to download it all again.Well, it wasn't that bad, but I hope it doens't happen everytime I need to patch the game.A repair button would help a lot!Thank you!

Ryzora
05-31-2014, 03:31 PM
Just downloaded the client today! Extremely impressed with the UI overall. Definitely the future of setups for startup menu games!

Fugimo
05-31-2014, 04:25 PM
Is it to late to do beta? I would like to be a beta?

Lovelocke
06-01-2014, 02:14 AM
I'm not overly fond of these types of clients which host several games - they all try to be steam, but end up being laggy and resource intensive.

Gylph however seems to be different. It doesn't take up many system resources, it's fast and responsive, and it also looks decent too. Good job!

Araphel
06-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Simple and easy to use I like it well enough; however, I would enjoy the option to pick a different color scheme...not really a fan of the current one grey and black is just kinda dreary. If there is already a way please let me know ^^

Harelori
06-01-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm a Rift player, and since I already have rift installed, uninstalling it then installing in through Glype seems rather un-necessary.
I'd be more than happy if an option to somehow link an installed Trion game to Glype would be added!

Lovelocke
06-02-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm a Rift player, and since I already have rift installed, uninstalling it then installing in through Glype seems rather un-necessary.
I'd be more than happy if an option to somehow link an installed Trion game to Glype would be added!

Glyph picked up my Rift installation fine; sounds like you've got a bug there.

Allwynd
06-02-2014, 02:10 AM
i found out i cant resize the client's window and i find this to be quite bothersome

98.6°
06-02-2014, 06:25 AM
I definitely like the Glyph client better for launching RIFT.

98.6°
06-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Glyph didn't recognize where I had the game installed either.

I have it on E:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT Game instead of C:\ drive, so maybe that's why. I just went into Glyph's settings and changed "Install folder" location to where my game was, restarted Glyph, and it didn't try to reinstall the game.

dragonmi0
06-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Is it to late to do beta? I would like to be a beta?

No it isn't. Beta will release somewhere this month (closed beta).
At the moment it's still alpha that is in progress.

Katif
06-03-2014, 02:27 PM
ok... the launcher wanted to update but i get an error that says application is already running please close app and launch again... I tried the "fix" this time and it doesn't work.. the first time this happened (like 3 days ago) i had to completely re-install the game... is there an easier way? I mean the game ran for me last night... what happened between last night and now?

Digressio
06-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Those kinda Apps are more of a hussle than anything else.

Evangelion
06-04-2014, 02:45 PM
give options to change resolution to 1280*720

huntedjohan
07-29-2014, 05:25 AM
i used to start up rift by the normal launcher, but now with glyph its verry easy to start rift with glyph launcher. now i only cant get my social media up if using glyph. is it possible to keep using only glyph as rift launcher, and setup social media?

Staparu
08-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Glyph so good so far.