PDA

View Full Version : Auction house BOTS

Alzi
10-13-2014, 04:40 AM
Hi,
I would like Trion to solve the issue of Auction House BOTS.
There are bots that post 1 common item on the auction house (such as raw stone) exactly every 1 minute with a price that is 50% lower than the actual current price on the auction house.
This way the users of these BOTS hope sellers will sell their stuff for less than its worth. They then refresh the auction house and buy up immediately the cheaper goods.
Why do we need to care about this? Because the economy is the driving force behind any MMO and we need to safeguard correct pricing to have a fair and fun gaming environment.

A way for us players to deal with this is to always check the actual prices before posting something on the AH instead of just going to the posting tab immediately.

Still I think it if fairly easy to bann BOTS that auto refresh the auction house exactly every 1 minute.
I have tested this with a timer. For 10 minutes every exact 1 minute a new raw stone gets placed on the AH.

I sincerely hope Trion is willing to solve this problem, at the very least I hope some of you will now check the actual prices before posting your goods. It can save you 50% income.

Have a nice day!

Alzi

Kalaor
10-13-2014, 05:32 AM
I always do this manually, no need in bots.

Jestunhi
10-13-2014, 05:34 AM
I always do this manually, no need in bots.

Careful... I regularly get called a white knight for not agreeing that every whine thread where someone assumes that someone else is hacking / botting / exploiting is accurate.

Moosegun
10-13-2014, 05:35 AM
Yep, I do this to, if people are stupid enough to just list their goods at much lower than they are worth then that is their problem. You dont need a BOT to auto refresh, I find my left mouse button does the same thing when I click the refresh icon.

Vibe
10-13-2014, 05:36 AM
I always check the AH prices manually before posting.

Coldshadow
10-13-2014, 05:49 AM
Pretty sure there is a thread about this already.

Kalaor
10-13-2014, 05:49 AM
I find my left mouse button does the same thing when I click the refresh icon

I'm pretty sure someone will find this illegal, lol.

Creslin321
10-13-2014, 06:26 AM
It's not bots. AA is a PvP game, the Auction House in it is no exception.

Kytchi
10-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Research, research, research. Never sell at a price you know to be lower than the standard. If you see an item for sale that is going for more than 20% of the market value, buy it and resell it. You will make a profit.

For instance, on Naima-Haranya, if I am selling raw stone (averaging about 5s each) and some bot posts some for 2.5s, I am going to snap them up and repost them with my current lot. If bots want to play games, it can only benefit you.

Remember that some people make their money by simply starting out with a small cache of gold and manipulating the market to their advantage. Bots are no exception to this (remember, they are gold farmers). Be careful, especially when it comes to the price of Thunderstruck, as I have had my suspicions that this is the reason for the price increase since launch.

Paddywagon
10-13-2014, 06:56 AM
Not bots. I do this all the time. If I got 30-40 mins it's easily worth hundreds of gold.

Stop blaming bots for every damn thing.

Ryuuko
10-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Not bots. I do this all the time. If I got 30-40 mins it's easily worth hundreds of gold.

Stop blaming bots for every damn thing.
By chance is your character named Adssffffd ? :p

Paddywagon
10-13-2014, 07:34 AM
By chance is your character named Adssffffd ? :p

Hahahahaha

jackyyyy
10-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Bots and hackers have been ruining many games. Unfortunately this is a game where its very easy to exploit and bot stuff, so no wonder the AH is infected with these parasites too. I noticed it the last 2-3 days too that big deals on the AH are currently impossible to get, even if you have a clock right next to you and put a random bet in, the bots will bid everytime 1gold 1silver 1copper more. I had it more than 10 times now alrdy that on a bid with lot of profit the bots bid exactly that 1g 1s 1c over my current bid. No person can be that fast, its a shame, but it was so in alpha and beta, why should there be a difference now.

Znick
10-13-2014, 08:35 AM
I hadn't heard of this, but I'll be doing it now... thanks OP! (not with a bot, but manually)

There are still good deals to be found. I bought an item for 200g and sold it yesterday for 575g.... :)

Z

Memerto
10-13-2014, 08:39 AM
Welcome to Archebot

Laedar
10-18-2014, 11:35 PM
I think it is ok to trick players this way, what is not OK that BOTs are being used in this case. There is no player behind this, there is a machine, that lists an item at 30% of market price every minute (if someone buys it) and insta buys if someone sells a stack at that price.

Anyway, I don't think Trion needs to fight this (there are many more other issues that I believe need attention) but it would be good to put Sticky message on the forums "Always check AH prices before listing your item". Yes, sadly common sense is not that common.

P.S. Trion, please fix Teleport and Speed hacks. Really annoying, can't even bloody target a person to "Report" due to the speed they move at with Trade Packs.

Jormie
10-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Welcome to Archebot

I believe it's SilkAge in honor of Silkroad...

Seabhac
11-17-2014, 04:36 AM
There is still bots being employed at the auction houses and its making my game time a hell of a lot less enjoyable.

Please find a way to get rid of these.

To those using these, Fuuuuuck yoouuuu

Shakkara
11-17-2014, 04:41 AM
I noticed this yesterday on Kyprosa.

I was selling eggs and saw it was like 30% of the normal price.

I offered 10 eggs for a lower price and before my UI even updated with the listed auction, I already had a mail that someone bought them. Did it several times, same thing, the item was bought the instant I listed it.

So someone was clearly using a bot, as you can't refresh the AH, click on the new item, click the buy button and click the confirm button in 0.00000001 second.

In my opinion, we need an auction house with buy and sell orders, similar to Guild Wars 2 or EVE Online. Much fairer for everyone and so much more user-friendly.

Seabhac
11-17-2014, 04:50 AM
I noticed this yesterday on Kyprosa.

I was selling eggs and saw it was like 30% of the normal price.

I offered 10 eggs for a lower price and before my UI even updated with the listed auction, I already had a mail that someone bought them. Did it several times, same thing, the item was bought the instant I listed it.

So someone was clearly using a bot, as you can't refresh the AH, click on the new item, click the buy button and click the confirm button in 0.00000001 second.

In my opinion, we need an auction house with buy and sell orders, similar to Guild Wars 2 or EVE Online. Much fairer for everyone and so much more user-friendly.

Exactly for me it is making bids on items, and getting out bidded not even 1 second after every single time.

This happens alson on items that are way out on the time also like 36 hours it only happens on items with a bid on it already, the result was exactly the same out bidded immediately after placing one.

Pretty much giving up on the AH thanks to this.

Predaeus
11-17-2014, 04:58 AM
Open AH > Shift+Left Click item > Search > List item > Profit

Seabhac
11-17-2014, 05:11 AM
Open AH > Shift+Left Click item > Search > List item > Bid > Outbid in less than one second every time > Give up

Fixed10char

Solecist
11-17-2014, 05:15 AM
Yeah no, no need for bots on this one.

Market PvP, best PvP.

Killroth
12-15-2014, 11:30 AM
judging by the number of people saying it has nothing to do with Bots i would say AHbot are being used by many... especially since trion said they cant detect them very well

Lfan
12-15-2014, 12:06 PM
I always buy the scammers one item posted...anything I can do to cut into a crooks margins :)

Lfan
12-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Oh and by the way....this is a prefect example of what is defined in the TOS as using an in game mechanic for the purpose of defrauding a player of gold. This is an abuse of an in game mechanic for something other than it's intended purpose. Is it as shady as abusing the trade button? Hmmmm probably not outright theft but certainly fraud.

Franciscothefab
12-29-2014, 09:08 AM
This is definitely botting. I've timed the low price item. You can set your watch by the time it takes to relist the cheap item after you've purchased it. 60 seconds. Every time. That is not a coincidence. And the bots are buying up the items being listed at a price equal to or lower than the single cheap item. It is very easy to tell just as someone mentioned earlier. As fast as you can click the button to list the item you've already received the email that it has been sold. That is faster than a human could refresh the listing page and make the necessary clicks to complete the purchase. You see the same cheating going on with bidding on items. It is a shame that some people just stink so bad at gaming that they have to resort to cheating to feel better about themselves.