PDA

View Full Version : Poll..Should trion bring dailies to the NA servers..?

PaCO
03-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Lets vote SHOULD DAILIES BE THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE COINS???

In the 1.0 update they made players do dailies quest which ranged from 2.5-5 hrs (depending on player level & quest) To get 5 delphine coins a day. (delphine being used to buy blueprints for homes ships etc.)*

Please Do NOT add dallies for Archeage in this said 1.0 update; Please keep it to where you HAVE to do trade packs (aka Commerce) to get delphine coins.. I don't want this game to become a themepark..I wanna run around free, not be stuck doin dailies

JLC6290
03-29-2014, 05:36 PM
No, keep the element of RISK.

They're going to turn this into just another theme park game people burn out on in 2 months.

Simsu
03-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Dailies are fine imho.. Dailies being the _only_ option to gain coins is f'ing terrible.

Voldrax
03-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Having open world dailies for those who have no imagination or are too tired to think and just want to get into the game anyway absolutely makes sense. The "only dailies for Delphi coins" system is just one of the things convincing me that someone in XL really wants this game to fall on it's face. That being said, I voted no. :p

Strana
03-29-2014, 08:12 PM
There are some dailies in the game pre 1.0. Just 1.0 made them only way to get DS.

Ganondark
03-29-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't mind dailies if they keep some other ways to get that coin thing.

Palinore
03-29-2014, 08:29 PM
If they bring in dailies, I only hope that these dailies are for gold, crafting materials or something other than forcing me to do them for Stars..

Krogger
03-29-2014, 08:46 PM
If they bring in dailies, I only hope that these dailies are for gold, crafting materials or something other than forcing me to do them for Stars..

the ones on kr is for delphie coins which SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...p s : there should be a HELL NO vote button on that poll ijs

|| Nerf ||
03-29-2014, 08:56 PM
From the other thread

Westeller
03-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Mmmm.. I think 'Dailies might not be a bad thing, but HELLNO to dailies being the only way to get coins' pretty much sums up public opinion.

Jamja
03-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Anything that forces a player into a certain action, totally goes against the sandbox ethos. Sandbox to me is freedom

Toy Fuzion
03-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Anything that forces a player into a certain action, totally goes against the sandbox ethos. Sandbox to me is freedom

This is my stance as well. I don't want to see dailies, and if they're already in place, don't make them the only way to obtain anything, or the best way to obtain things.

PaCO
03-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Yeah I kinda screwed up the poll.. should be should dailies be the only way to make coin..

Wiseman
03-29-2014, 11:27 PM
Yeah I kinda screwed up the poll.. should be should dailies be the only way to make coin..

It's cool. I think your first post says it all.:cool:

Piko
03-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Dailies are NEVER interesting nor do they bring anything good to an MMORPG in my opinion. No matter how ''cool'' they are supposed to be.

GW2 tried in implement supposedly cool dailies that you needed to do in order to get ascended accessories. They were other ways to get them such as grinding dungeons for ages but overall it was still lame and boring. Instead of doing whatever you felt like you were kinda stuck in another mindless grind once agaaaain.:mad:

yuyu
03-29-2014, 11:29 PM

I agree.

Valdur
03-29-2014, 11:48 PM
If this game really promotes do whatever,be whoever you wanna be at anytime then dailies has no place in the world of Archeage because it defeats the sole purpose of freedom in the game.

PaCO
03-30-2014, 01:25 AM
I hope trion see how many of us are against this themepark element.. we need to keep this post on top..

Mavol
03-30-2014, 01:41 AM
haha overwhelming Hell No!

PaCO
03-30-2014, 02:43 AM
I knew there would be a big gap between no n yes votes.. but wow this is kinda blowin my mind haha.

Leonidar
03-30-2014, 02:59 AM
Sure I like dailys, but as said over and over dailys that you have to do to get certain coins and you cant get them anywere else is gonna be very boring in the end.

Btw will not vote on the poll as its missing the option that many here whant.

LlexX
03-30-2014, 03:09 AM
Absolutely, NO.

Gothils
03-30-2014, 03:11 AM
Dailes on NA servers? NO! No risk no fun

Silvow
03-30-2014, 03:12 AM
Ill say add Both, Dailies, and the trade runs

PaCO
03-30-2014, 05:37 AM
Can't you even fine delp coins while treasure hunting or takin down a boss?

Grey
03-30-2014, 05:51 AM
Doing dailies over and over Doesn't seem worth it, sorta takes away the sandbox feeling if you just keep doing the same quest over and over, I say no.

MrsGhostie
03-30-2014, 06:05 AM
In my opinion dailies aren't bad. But nowadays in games, when a game has the daily system, it kinda forces you to do them. And that is what I hate about dailies in a game. Like with the 1.0 patch, it forces you to do the dailies to get the delphine coins and that is what I hate. You should have the option whether you want to do your dailies or not, not be forced to do them so you have the coins to get the 'good' stuff.

Seahorse Captain
03-30-2014, 06:08 AM
The ONLY way I could see a daily being enjoyable and worth it is if I was planning on doing what the daily entailed anyways.

Have the option to do certain types of dailies, say, for Trade runs. You have the option to turn in specific trade items to specific merchants all over the world. For instance, have the option to pick from any of the trade items (as to not punish a player for not growing a certain item) and then have randomized locations after selecting the item. This way if you were going to trade run that day anyways, this would be a good way to tack on an extra boost without forcing you or making you feel obligated to do it. After one or two dailies completed, lock the player out of dailies for the day for all types; It still caters to those that like dailies without it being too big of a disadvantage for not doing them so to not force those that hate dailies into feeling the need to complete the.

This way it lets you pick what you want to do for the day, while having the option to still do what you want.

For the PvP focused dailies, have the option to go kill players in specific zones, or steal a trade package and turn it in, etc. Options as to what activity you want to do while still not limiting or forcing the player into just one thing every day. And voila, you still have dailies that will keep it somewhat sandbox-y.

/shrug It might be great, it might be awful, it might be super hard to implement technical wise. But its a suggestion rather than JUST simple criticism.

MrsGhostie
03-30-2014, 06:17 AM
Not only on NA servers but also no forced dailies like that on EU servers... :D
So yeah, I agree.

xReorks
03-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Absolutely, NO.

100% Llex.

Not even worth discussing such matters,leave dailies to w-w and other trashcan games,please.

ColdQuasar
03-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Options are always good, especially in a sandbox environment like ArcheAge. So there should definately be other ways to get delphine coins. Daily quests as the only option would drive me out of the game soon.

Path
03-30-2014, 09:48 AM
I voted no, based on the current Dailies system. I would be extremely disappointed (as would many others) if the current dailies system was carried over. Now, if there were dailies along with trade routes, and both gave Delphi coins, then I'm pretty sure no one/very few people would have any complaints.

Carrera
03-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Just say no to dailies. I hate Dailies.

Simsu
03-30-2014, 01:19 PM
In my opinion dailies aren't bad. But nowadays in games, when a game has the daily system, it kinda forces you to do them. And that is what I hate about dailies in a game. Like with the 1.0 patch, it forces you to do the dailies to get the delphine coins and that is what I hate. You should have the option whether you want to do your dailies or not, not be forced to do them so you have the coins to get the 'good' stuff.

I posted the same feeling, but you posted it in a much better way. If dailies are the only way to progress (get coins) then they're not really optional anymore and that kind of system stinks. If the root cause of the change is to limit how many coins people can earn per day (which I wouldn't agree with) then please just put a cap on trade routes and don't force people into doing dailies.

Locket
03-30-2014, 02:03 PM
LOL All those no votes.

Most games I quit were when the dailies got too much of a job and voided my enjoyment in the game. D:

PaCO
03-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Ive only ever played sandbox games.. so I wanna know how do other games handle dailies

Roda
03-30-2014, 03:27 PM
I voted no, based on the current Dailies system. I would be extremely disappointed (as would many others) if the current dailies system was carried over. Now, if there were dailies along with trade routes, and both gave Delphi coins, then I'm pretty sure no one/very few people would have any complaints.

I'm gonna go ahead and second this^
Options are always wonderful!

Senpai noticed
03-30-2014, 03:29 PM
Now you can see who voted what... D:

https://24.media.tumblr.com/064af9f409b11a5db84a11fec0424e4b/tumblr_n1mnborkPh1t04pero1_500.gif

Strana
03-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Found this in a recent Massively article about WoW

"Dailies were such a home run that Blizzard began to lean on them as their go-to content for anything and everything. It worked, for the most part, until Mists of Pandaria went way over the top with daily content at level 90.

But in Warlords... Blizzard has heard our complaints about dailies receiving too much focus at endgame. Warlords will still have dailies, but dailies won't be as all-consuming as in past expansions. They won't be the "primary focus," according to Bashiok. "

So I guess even WoW fans are complaining about dailies.

PaCO
03-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Eww wow the game the ruined an entire gamer generation..

Ezenkrul
03-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Turning the game into one big daily grind will kill it for me to be honest. I have mentioned in a previous thread to possibly add both daily and keep the normal trade routes as a way to appease to those who may not like the trade runs. There are already honor point dailies in the game.

NeterP
03-31-2014, 01:30 AM
Dailies are NEVER interesting nor do they bring anything good to an MMORPG in my opinion. No matter how ''cool'' they are supposed to be.

GW2 tried in implement supposedly cool dailies that you needed to do in order to get ascended accessories. They were other ways to get them such as grinding dungeons for ages but overall it was still lame and boring. Instead of doing whatever you felt like you were kinda stuck in another mindless grind once agaaaain.:mad:

GW2 dailies dont give Ascended accessories, they give laurels!

AeonAuron
03-31-2014, 01:41 AM
There are 2 questions and 1 poll in your thread, mate.

1: "Should trion bring dailies to the NA servers..?"
- Yes, as an optional Delphic Coin source. When i am alone and can't do trading, i would honestly like to do some dailies to get coins but:

2: "SHOULD DAILIES BE THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE COINS???"
- No. They should NOT be the only way to get the Delphic Coins.

JoeDragon
03-31-2014, 02:08 AM
Trade runs are the thing I'm looking forward to most. I plan on spending a ton of time on the open sea and frankly I think there should be MORE rewards for doing cross continental trade runs. I imagine Trion will have them keep delphic coins for both, to appeal to as many people a possible.

Ezenkrul
03-31-2014, 02:17 AM
The reason why I say both should be placed is to give the game more options and to cater to a larger group of players. Even though the amount of coins acquired by dailies will be much less, it will still give players who do not like pvp, who find the trading to be boring or whatever reason there, can be a different choice.
I think trade quests are fun, they can take a long time, but they can be done solo, they can make groups of people work together and they can be dangerous and unknown. I think that dailies are nothing new, the same thing over and over again...maybe if they put dailies in the PvP zones there'd be risk, but I couldn't imagine doing the same quest over and over again.

Trade quests, I can at least change my routes up a bit.

Kuro1n
03-31-2014, 04:20 AM
No ♥♥♥♥ing dailies kkthx.

jinkoda
03-31-2014, 04:48 AM
nope no need

ssxtriki
03-31-2014, 05:50 AM
There are 2 questions and 1 poll in your thread, mate.

1: "Should trion bring dailies to the NA servers..?"
- Yes, as an optional Delphic Coin source. When i am alone and can't do trading, i would honestly like to do some dailies to get coins but:

2: "SHOULD DAILIES BE THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE COINS???"

- No. They should NOT be the only way to get the Delphic Coins.

you can get Delphic coins by trading alone

KeksX
03-31-2014, 05:51 AM

Not in 1.0(which is the whole point)

AeonAuron
03-31-2014, 05:55 AM

If we are talking about in a game where 1.0 doesn't exist, yes i can. But consider how risky it is, doing the trade alone. I can take the safe way, right. But i don't want to waste my 20 mins for 2 Delphic Coins. I can get 10 times more coins in same amount of time with a group.

ssxtriki
03-31-2014, 05:56 AM
Not in 1.0(which is the whole point)

oh 1.0? lol

im not gona play if there will be 1.0 patch

Westeller
03-31-2014, 05:57 AM
oh 1.0? lol

Err, well, sorry, but there will be.
Just not the same 1.0 - different.

AeonAuron
03-31-2014, 05:58 AM
oh 1.0? lol

Hopefully better 1.0*

ssxtriki
03-31-2014, 05:59 AM

different how? they can do minor changes, but not major changes. Stop making up false hope that 1.0 will be different here

Westeller
03-31-2014, 06:12 AM
different how? they can do minor changes, but not major changes. Stop making up false hope that 1.0 will be different here

Sure. Minor changes such as not removing coin rewards for trade runs, and so on.
Minor changes can have a major impact on the quality of the patch, dood.

Trion's fully aware that patch 1.0 simply does not sit well with the community as-is, no doubt, and that some adjustments will absolutely have to be made before releasing it here. In fact, it is already their stated intention to make such adjustments.

Don't be such a downer, maaan.
http://mabination.com/images/smilies/llama/llama_cheekpull.gif

FruitPunch
03-31-2014, 06:16 AM
Dailies will never disappear from kinda any game, they can be considered things for people to do when they are bored or something and as such continue playing.
The poll question is a bit vague in that sense, as far as i read everyone is ok with dailies if they don't affect the gameplay( like do dailies some days in a row and you can buy the latest gear or something like that) and i highly doubt anyone would like them to be removed all together.

Do note that there could be some dailies for factions in an attempt to get a better reputation with them and to get slightly better gear from them , to help you survive the mobs better, in which case some of you probably would like the dailies.

P.s: A possible idea for dailies would be to add a requirement for them to have a party of X people in order to do it.(preferably if there is something to even sabotage your teammates :)) )

ssxtriki
03-31-2014, 06:27 AM
Sure. Minor changes such as not removing coin rewards for trade runs, and so on.
Minor changes can have a major impact on the quality of the patch, dood.

Trion's fully aware that patch 1.0 simply does not sit well with the community as-is, no doubt, and that some adjustments will absolutely have to be made before releasing it here. In fact, it is already their stated intention to make such adjustments.

Don't be such a downer, maaan.
http://mabination.com/images/smilies/llama/llama_cheekpull.gif

Well Trion is one of those companys that indeed are aleast listening and not moneygrabing fools like the rest, but still to many dissapointed game companys have yet to prove me wrong that they will do is better for the players not for the company to get magicly rich.

KeksX
03-31-2014, 06:29 AM
Just look at ArcheAge Kr, it's still only 3 ranks above their all-time low and currently sinking again... 1.0 is not what anyone wants

Westeller
03-31-2014, 06:29 AM
Well, they seem to be kinda playing the game themselves, too, y'know? I can't imagine they could just ignore any glaring problems.

Quifer
03-31-2014, 07:47 AM
Not just NA servers, don't be selfish. EU servers too, keep that ♥♥♥♥ away from us.

Ryuna
03-31-2014, 07:48 AM
Lets vote SHOULD DAILIES BE THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE COINS???

In the 1.0 update they made players do dailies quest which ranged from 2.5-5 hrs (depending on player level & quest) To get 5 delphine coins a day. (delphine being used to buy blueprints for homes ships etc.)*

Please Do NOT add dallies for Archeage in this said 1.0 update; Please keep it to where you HAVE to do trade packs (aka Commerce) to get delphine coins.. I don't want this game to become a themepark..I wanna run around free, not be stuck doin dailies

No, keep the element of RISK.

They're going to turn this into just another theme park game people burn out on in 2 months.

Well, why can't the game have both dailies and commerce to get the coins?

JLC6290
03-31-2014, 08:59 AM
Let's be clear on what "Dailies" are:

Patch 1.0 simply brought restrictions on what you could do. The "Sandbox" element is being destroyed, and you're now funneled into a very static pattern of events. Get daily quest, complete instance or kill/retrieve something, turn it in. You don't have an option here, that's the only way to acquire blueprints.

The creativity of this game is being REMOVED.

Seilky
03-31-2014, 09:55 AM
Let's be clear on what "Dailies" are:

Patch 1.0 simply brought restrictions on what you could do. The "Sandbox" element is being destroyed, and you're now funneled into a very static pattern of events. Get daily quest, complete instance or kill/retrieve something, turn it in. You don't have an option here, that's the only way to acquire blueprints.

The creativity of this game is being REMOVED.

R.I.P Creativity - killed by Patch 1.0

Maan
04-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Short answer :

No, if they do, Trion's version of the game wouldn't be worth it, being free to choose what you want to farm first is part of the sandbox element.

Artemisia
04-01-2014, 07:15 AM
Bring some dailies? Yes, why not, one choice more on how to spend your time. Them being the only way to get coins? Rather not <.< Not even the most profitable. Just an alternative for when you're bored with the normal ways, not a daily farm.

Maan
04-01-2014, 07:48 AM
I agree with some of the other statements, The game "should" have shorter dailies that allows casual people that can't dedicate a lot of time in the game to get at least 5 delphic coins per day, and let other people able to dedicate more time per day to still be able to do as they wish too.

Rinera
04-01-2014, 08:21 AM
I am totally against any kind of mandatory dailies. If there are any dailies, any of them, I would expect that they would at least have multiple ways of finishing them.

Vague Examples: Like some short of crafting daily to show your work. Just craft whatever (from a specific crafting level pool, like 40-50 or something) and get it done. Or some short of training quest for your skills. "Do X amount of damage to enemies or training dummies between level Y-S".

If not that, at least be able to pick out of a pool of dailies per day. Like, a specific NPC or a specific area having 6 dailies but you can only chose 2 per day, therefore having a bit of variety. Maybe you are not in the mood to kill stuff today but you want to help an elder walk pass the street, so you will pick that daily up instead.

A random daily quest change per day is not good either ( see TERA ). That is not really making things better and it could potentially annoy people even more than simply doing the same exact stuff every day.

JLC6290
04-01-2014, 08:26 AM
I have no issue with dailies if they are ONLY put in place as a (less profitable) alternative to trading. Carebearing around your safe zone is fine, just don't force other players to join you, and it certainly shouldn't yield equal profit/gear/content.

Dynamic, player generated content is dependent upon player control over resources, production, and trading. Restricting any of these will bottleneck the content, and players will burnout trying to get through it.

PaCO
04-01-2014, 09:29 AM
They can keep dailies for the pver buy give everyone else other ways to make some coin.

Westeller
04-01-2014, 09:31 AM
They can keep dailies for the pver buy give everyone else other ways to make some coin.

One coin per PvP kill? :rolleyes:

PaCO
04-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Hmm id love that cuz being the skilled pvper I am id be rich..but I also see people takin turns kiling each other to become rich.

JLC6290
04-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Hmm id love that cuz being the skilled pvper I am id be rich..but I also see people takin turns kiling each other to become rich.

You mean just giving each other the kill over and over?

I'm sure there are diminishing returns that would eventually reach 0 to stop that sort of abuse, as in many similar PvP MMOs.

PaCO
04-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Yes I agree.. I love the idea.. but it would never work.

Principe
04-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes I agree.. I love the idea.. but it would never work.

Your response.. I can't even o.o"
You just admitted that you WOULD WANT exploiting the game right? Essentially cheating.
Gamers nowadays lol, especially those gamers driven by pvp...

PaCO
04-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Nooo dude I admit that it would be exploited.. I love the idea that you could get coin doing something other the pve...witch is how this convo started...

PaCO
04-01-2014, 06:16 PM
How did I admit I want cheating when I clearly said " i could see people taking turns killing eachother though it would never work.. or did u not read anymore then the one post?

Final272
04-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Making a pole.. good idea i got 20 pages of signatures as well here to say NO to dailies..

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?185-To-Trion-s-team&p=9928&posted=1#post9928

PaCO
04-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Count 90 percent of us in lol..trion knows this is a problem there gamers also..I just hope XL lets em change it.

Maan
04-02-2014, 02:52 AM
I think they were just hoping players not noticing this through other versions, still, russian version is the best by not allowing this kind of things and still patching "bits" of 1.0 to the game, evading the daily / restrictive system, as for now.

I may say that, but also hope, and cross my fingers, that the Trion's version will not have to swallow their words with the fishing system of the game, and the cash shop, i hope the whole "no tricks, no traps" is true, and won't sell packages of ships, rods, and other items that gives significant advantages while "being" cosmetic they have pay to win statistic, and long term bonuses, but we'll see about that.

Valadhiel
04-02-2014, 04:30 AM
I said "Yes" only because I don't mind doing dailies as long as it's not for something as important as Delphi Coins. Now if you're referring to doing dailies for Delphi Coins, then my answer would be "No". You should probably specify that in the poll or expand the poll to include ALL options.

Vilemouse
04-02-2014, 09:23 AM
I do not think daily's should be the only way to earn coins but it would be nice if it was a way, like both both daily's and trade runs that would cater to both sides of the issue