PDA

View Full Version : Option of going non-combat?

MrHasegawa
03-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new here on this forum, but definitely not new to MMOs! I think I saw the ArcheAge trailer for Korea a WHILE back, and now I'm here drooling over the game and waiting for it to come out for the west <3.

There's one thing I NEED to ask everyone. Is there going to be an option of going non-combat? As an MMO player I normally play support, but I've ALWAYS looked for a game where I can just craft, just trade, just farm, and be just as successful as someone who wants to go combat in the game. Am I going to be able to be the head of a trade caravan with close gaming friends there for protection? Am I going to be able to build a guild castle, and just be the head of it as far as farming and economy goes while my friends and guild defend? Anything along those lines really. I just love the idea of doing non-combat, and this game has given me high hopes for that!

King
03-29-2014, 06:06 PM
If you're not fighting but other people are protecting you- it sounds possible o.o. Although, if you're in a PvP Zone you cannot just make yourself "non-combat."

ButteredToast
03-29-2014, 06:22 PM
there is safe areas in a majority of the map where you start but there is also a couple "War zones" at certain parts of the map usually at around level 30 you see this.
There is also times of truce in those said maps so it's safe to quest/trade there but in the ocean it's always at war same with enemy continents.
If you plan on going "support" you should either go a healer or a bard because you will be forced to fight eventually.

MrHasegawa
03-29-2014, 06:26 PM
It's not that I want to go support. I'd like to go non-combat :). A Merchant, Crafter, Farmer, etc. ^^

ButteredToast
03-29-2014, 06:31 PM
It's not that I want to go support. I'd like to go non-combat :). A Merchant, Crafter, Farmer, etc. ^^Well you can go "Non-combat" if you always stay in safe areas to do your crafting/farming but if you would like to go out at sea there is a chance you will encounter pirates. There is a majority of safe areas in each continent but some areas will be at "war" and every now and then those areas will go into peace time for an hour or two which you can then enter without a worry........but if you are in a war area stay near guards all the time cause they literally 1shot people.

MrHasegawa
03-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Of course. ^^ And I'll have my friends for protection on the seas and such.

Grey
03-29-2014, 08:11 PM
In a recent live feed from Trion, they discuss that they heard if a player that hit max lvl just by crafting, farming, and trading, so it is very much possible. You might have to get you hands dirty everyone in a while or at least hire mercenaries(RP wise or OOCly) to protect your goods but other than that you'd be fine.

MrHasegawa
03-29-2014, 08:37 PM
I should be fine then. :) I have quite a large group of close friends who are willing to go combat to protect me. They know how in love with Life Skills/Non-Combat and are willing to help me, now that we've finally found a game where I can do that. ^^ They're pretty much mercenaries, but will care about me and we'll definitely share profits from everything. :)

KrayPanda
03-29-2014, 08:39 PM
It's not that I want to go support. I'd like to go non-combat :). A Merchant, Crafter, Farmer, etc. ^^

If you simply prefer to craft only I may suggest coming to join Greymoon for these purposes. As a Trade guild, we have an entire division based around Crafting, Merchanting, and building. Another reason is because of what else we offer too. I am the Security division Director here and I can say that you could do everything you want without the worry of falling victim to Pirates, Pker's, or monsters!

If you want to join just come on by our guild website and apply, just to note it's still a work in progress and that we are looking for a Trade division director as well (hint hint) If that sounds like your cup of tea then shoot me a message with questions or you can go directly to our website to sign up @ grey-moon.org

Our forums are not linked there for Security reasons, as we will do our best to protect our traders and farmers we don't want our sensitive information leaking to pirates and the like. Once you sign up then we will give you Teamspeak 3 information so you can talk to us, we are always it feels like lol

MrHasegawa
03-29-2014, 08:43 PM
If you simply prefer to craft only I may suggest coming to join Greymoon for these purposes. As a Trade guild, we have an entire division based around Crafting, Merchanting, and building. Another reason is because of what else we offer too. I am the Security division Director here and I can say that you could do everything you want without the worry of falling victim to Pirates, Pker's, or monsters!

If you want to join just come on by our guild website and apply, just to note it's still a work in progress and that we are looking for a Trade division director as well (hint hint) If that sounds like your cup of tea then shoot me a message with questions or you can go directly to our website to sign up @ grey-moon.org

Our forums are not linked there for Security reasons, as we will do our best to protect our traders and farmers we don't want our sensitive information leaking to pirates and the like. Once you sign up then we will give you Teamspeak 3 information so you can talk to us, we are always it feels like lol

Haha, thank you for the offer but I'm a much better leader than someone who's IN a guild. :) I plan to make my own, and have all of the friends I just mentioned in it. BUT, if one day, there's any way we can help Greymoon, we'd love to. :)

KrayPanda
03-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Haha, thank you for the offer but I'm a much better leader than someone who's IN a guild. :) I plan to make my own, and have all of the friends I just mentioned in it. BUT, if one day, there's any way we can help Greymoon, we'd love to. :)

That would be just fine by us :) See you in game then!