PDA

View Full Version : So how about that leather.

Farrukon
10-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Im closing in on level 50 with my Shadowblade with about 3 levels to go. So im now starting to worry about what leather armor or set i should be going for? I already know with my daggers crafted is the way to go, so thats already on its way from 34 - 40.

Farrukon
10-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Bump Trump Stump

Vlare
10-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Hold on...

Why is a Shadowblade going for crafted daggers? Could you explain this choice.

I really figured a SB with DW would be running something like Sword/Katana or Sword/Axe Katana/Axe. Maybe a spear ? Daggers. I would have never guessed.

As for leather, ideally you probably want Desert leather.

Farrukon
10-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Alright so i thought it would be similar to the other thread i saw on Darkrunner's gear. But what does the lightning set differ from the Desert set? Tbh i havn't seen either armors so i can't really tell much.

As for the daggers, its a bit of a preference more than the ideal choice for me. How i do with em, they seem to work perfectly fine killing 50's, even at me being only level 45 and the daggers being 34.

RequiemAA
10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
For raw damage Katana/Dagger is the best weapon set to go for - Dagger/Dagger is extremely viable, but using two hasla swords until you can get two Mag daggers is going to be worth your while. Lightning is again the highest DPS leather armor set and what I'm using for Eidolon (an attack speed spec). I would try and get 3pc GHA/4pc Lightning using the Hasla swords before crafting daggers. Your HP will be low and anything with Defense will be an intense fight, but you'll move fast as hell, hit fast as hell, and hit hard too.

The GHA set has superior stats to Illustrious but they are more spread out. The 3pc GHA set is 20% increased physical crit damage, which you combine with the PvP glove enchant increasing your physical crit damage by a total of 36%. Personally I use Helmet, Waist, and Gloves from GHA but that's more because that is what dropped for me at the highest quality.

Vlare
10-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Actually 2 hasla swords is not smart. The increase you gain from a 2nd hasla sword Is definitely not worth the work, and those 150 tokens can better be used to work towards the 2nd tier of Hasla once we get it.

You would be better off using a Weapon type for preferred Proc/Stats.

RequiemAA
10-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Off-hand damage matters. It is better to have an Illust+ off-hand of your preferred weapon type for the proc but 150 tokens is easy to farm.

Vlare
10-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Off-hand damage matters. It is better to have an Illust+ off-hand of your preferred weapon type for the proc but 150 tokens is easy to farm.

it actually makes a negligible difference in damage.

What is most important in OH is stats+Proc. Obviously a better quality OH will perform better. But, the amount you gain vs what you invest is what should really be taken into account. As for 150 tokens is easy, that entirely depends on your server.

I would NEVER tell someone to farm 2x Hasla sword. This is such a waste it's not even funny.