PDA

View Full Version : Glow system/Glow effects

MrsGhostie
03-30-2014, 04:39 AM
Hey guys!

I don't know if this question has popped up somewhere yet, if so I'm really sorry to post it again. This might seem really weird or irrelevant to the game too but I have a question.

Will ArcheAge have any glows on weapons or armors? Because I really miss that in games. When I started playing MMOs when I was little, all those games had glows if you had like +10 weapons or so, it like represented your power and I found that really awesome. I just love glows :D

And nowadays it's really rare to find a game that has glows, and even if a game has that, there are some people that 'whine' about the bright effects or whatever.. Even though it's also a setting you can just turn down if you dont like glowy stuff.

I just found this picture and I had to ask. Because I don't know if this is a glow because of some skill effect or something else.

http://board.archeage.com/attachments/ff8080814304607501432d34f34601c8

So yeah, my question, will ArcheAge have such a glorious glow system? :D

KeksX
03-30-2014, 04:40 AM
You get glow for weapon upgrades(not +x, but actual upgrade stones). The bigger and rarer the stone, the bigger the glow!

|| Nerf ||
03-30-2014, 04:42 AM
One day we will get a profession in a mmo called light weaver that makes dyes and glow effects for gear..

MrsGhostie
03-30-2014, 04:42 AM
You get glow for weapon upgrades(not +x, but actual upgrade stones). The bigger and rarer the stone, the bigger the glow!

Oh!! That is so awesome! :D Exactly what I want :D
In Aion you also have such a system, if you apply a silent stone to it, the glow is white. Bleeding stone is another color etc.

Thank you for the fast reply. That made me so happy :D

And is there any other way to get a glow or just those stones? And the upgrade stones, the very good ones are those crafted and the normal ones maybe drops?
Sorry for all the questions.. xD

Westeller
03-30-2014, 04:44 AM
Mmmm.. personally I've always thought games that had ridiculously shiny and glowing equipment were, well, ridiculous. I'm a big fan of simplistic but stylish, y'know? Swords that look like real swords, not some fantastical piece of abstract art that glows in the dark. The same for armor and stuff. I mean, I guess I just frown at overly showy and unrealistic displays. Well.. that isn't to say I totally dislike visual effects. I'm all for small, tasteful displays of power.. it's just all about how it's presented. Just my sense of aesthetics.

KeksX
03-30-2014, 04:45 AM
There are two really good ways to get those upgrade stones:
Crafting and Honor Points, both with respective effects. I'm pretty sure you can get them from PvE as well, not sure how though as I never got one that way.

MrsGhostie
03-30-2014, 04:52 AM
Mmmm.. personally I've always thought games that had ridiculously shiny and glowing equipment were, well, ridiculous. I'm a big fan of simplistic but stylish, y'know? Swords that look like real swords, not some fantastical piece of abstract art that glows in the dark. The same for armor and stuff. I mean, I guess I just frown at overly showy and unrealistic displays. Well.. that isn't to say I totally dislike visual effects. I'm all for small, tasteful displays of power.. it's just all about how it's presented. Just my sense of aesthetics.

Yeah I understand what you mean. Of course I don't want a glow either that makes your character fully disappear in the glow. But somehow I always liked a subtle hint to a weapon or an armor, like a little glow. And the most simplistic armors are mostly the most stylish ones too, I have to agree :) But I do like it if there is some weird, abstract stuff in it too. Even though I might never use it, I just like that the option is there ;) And if I see someone running around with something weird or even 'ugly' then it just gives me a good laugh, because you know, you always have those kind people :D

There are two really good ways to get those upgrade stones:
Crafting and Honor Points, both with respective effects. I'm pretty sure you can get them from PvE as well, not sure how though as I never got one that way.

Thank you so much for all the information! ^_^

yuyu
03-30-2014, 09:11 AM
Can we turn it off?

MrsGhostie
03-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Can we turn it off?

There's always an option to turn off effects.

God
03-30-2014, 10:12 AM

http://imageshack.com/a/img853/30/8jg0.jpg

how rare is this stone?

nguyennk91
03-30-2014, 10:14 AM
you can buy the stone using honor, the cheapest one cost 2.8k of honor i remember

Westeller
03-30-2014, 10:16 AM

how rare is this stone?

God, stop bragging about your Sun already.

Principe
03-30-2014, 10:26 AM
God, stop bragging about your Sun already.

100m gold! :P

Path
03-30-2014, 10:35 AM
you can buy the stone using honor, the cheapest one cost 2.8k of honor i remember
I'm not sure, but how do you get honor? I heard it's through PvP duels.

how rare is this stone?
This...this is actually hurting my eyes.