PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge bug that must be fixed in NA to make sure the game last long

nguyennk91
03-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Here is the stuff i see in Russia server that make the game basically garbage now. Sorry but i must say a lot of questions asked in QnA are not-relevant to what we're want to know (from the people who havent play the game yet basically)

Bot running around like this is Bot server (Savanah - 40+ level map - 80/100 player running around is Bot. Want the market stable so newbie can play? kill this link removed on request

Want to fix bot problem quick? easy, make us a report button (Russia version does not have this) and always have GM available to monitor the report (punish the people who make fail report - this should be easy to make :/ or you can just fire the develop team)

Fix all the stuff that people here can make (Packet injection hack, modify skill into anti-aircraft gun - solo kraken) link removed on request

Make the game packet data encrypted, else people can just unpack the game folder and put on random addon (Extreme FoV, no-fog underwater, etc) after the extract the game folder out

Only allow 25level+ or whatever+ to use world/union/global chat to prevent trash gold seller (dont know why is it so hard to block gold seller - you guy just dont want to, seriously)

Will continue if i can think of anything else :/

And just my opinion ... Why do you need to go through Alpha then CB (phases that required invite / key) ? just do Alpha or CB and then enter OB .... need to address a lot of bug, translation? make it public testing and we can help you to address all of those stuff much faster then your team ... then you can just wipe the server and start the fresh OB ... cant really get what the heck you guy're doing :/

Official Response: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?893-ArcheAge-bug-that-must-be-fixed-in-NA-to-make-sure-the-game-last-long&p=12286&viewfull=1#post12286

aphelion
03-30-2014, 09:15 AM
There seems to be a lot of bad things going on in RU Archeage. How do I know? We keep getting so many repeated threads about it.

Westeller
03-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Questions about the state of things in other servers have already gotten all the answers you're going to get from Trion, I think. Scapes bluntly said that they couldn't talk about it, but were fully aware of anything that was happening on other servers. Personally, I think that acknowledgement is more than enough. I'm sure they'll take all due considerations with the NA/EU release.

Oh, and please remove those links from your post. You're not really hurting anything with them, but there's always a danger that someone who is not currently causing trouble could start after being presented with instructions as to how. Of course, plenty of people will be causing trouble regardless, but if you guide even one more person to by posting an unnecessary link, you're contributing to the problem. Trion's staff is more than capable of finding those websites without the assistance. If you really feel the need to share such links regardless, you could always send them in a PM or something without publicly posting them.

nguyennk91
03-30-2014, 09:18 AM
yup, if you plan to buy sub to play in Ru version, i advice not to ... too many bot running around to the point Questing is impossible

nguyennk91
03-30-2014, 09:23 AM
Done Westeller but i put the link there on purpose ... so if they dont plan to fix it then screw them actually :/

King
03-30-2014, 09:25 AM
The server needs to not get spoofed by client-side changes.

As for the bots, ya- they've been responded on quite a bit.

Scapes
Thanks you for removing the links, nguyennk91. We aim to not have too many rules on these forums but linking to exploits is certainly one of them (full rules coming tomorrow).

Second, we are keenly aware of the vulnerabilities discovered by other publishers and XL Games is working to address them this very moment. Trion Worlds will be vigilant when it comes to maintaining a safe and fair gameplay environment in ArcheAge.

As for the need for a full test phase cycle, we want to make certain that we're ready for launch before getting to that stage. That means incrementally stressing our servers and systems, learning, iterating, and then expanding the test.

Westeller
Haha, thank you. Yea, I'd be a little disappointed, too, if they looked at all the trouble going on elsewhere and just said "Wellp. I'm sure it'll be fine if we just don't worry about it!"

Edit-
Oh, look at that, Scapes turned up. 'n with confirmation they're handling it, no less! Always nice to hear

Disco
03-30-2014, 09:27 AM
The ru version is pretty much a joke anyway. Even calling it f2P is laughable and there is no way I'm giving money to a company that IP blocks customers after cashing the check. All I'm doing in the ru version is making alts to try new classes and getting a feel for the game. They don't even give you enough lp to cut down a tree unless you pay so doing crafting is kind of impossible. The gold spam is crazy, I just shut off all public channels. I'm not much of a fan of Trion but I'm sure they can do a lot better than what mail.ru is doing.

KrayPanda
03-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Gold spammers run wild in most mmo's. The reason why is because they are hackers. They modify game files so you can't report, or delete spam filters, and many other things as well. If it were easy to take care of gold spammers then no mmo would have any period. They aren't going to change the way they want to release the game. If they were to skip CB then many of the bugs that the alpha testers couldn't find will still be there. Many players will quit do to the sheer number of bugs. They aren't asking us because we aren't game designers (most of us). Very few people actually try to help out the team, most would just quit and never come back and XLGames and Trion want to give us the best game possible when it comes time for open beta.

Another reason why they are doing both Alpha and Closed Beta is to stress test their servers. It is a lot harder than you think to keep the servers up and running, just take SWTOR's release for example. GW2 stopped selling the game online for a while to prevent their servers from exploding.

I really want to help them out. It's clear that you really want to help them too, but making 1 post on the forums saying I don't know what the heck you're doing is exactly what not to do if you want to help.

EDIT: I'm so glad that you guys are taking care of the issues that nguyennk91 mentioned above. I may have been a bit defensive and I apologize nguyennk91 if I came across the wrong way.

Nimarhie
03-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Just want to point out that FOV does not aid someone in pvp like the common misconception belives. If this were a top-down or isometric mmo, then it would be a valid reason.

Also why is the text in the quick reply box set at 6pt?? I can't even read it when I am typing...

Scapes
03-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Also why is the text in the quick reply box set at 6pt?? I can't even read it when I am typing...

On our list of forum things to fix.

King
03-30-2014, 09:39 AM
Just want to point out that FOV does not aid someone in pvp like the common misconception belives. If this were a top-down or isometric mmo, then it would be a valid reason.

A massive FoV would probably look funny. The removal of the "fog" effect (massive view distance) shouldn't load in any new players from the server. It would just make you see further. (Should) - Never know with a game that allows the client to trick the server, lol....

.editor_textbox textarea.forum {
font: 0.8em Tahoma,Geneva,sans-serif;
}

nguyennk91
03-30-2014, 09:39 AM
@KrayPanda : Yes i would understand if they just announce it within 2 years and now doing a few testing phase before release. However, it's not ... too long already. Like I said, if they want to stress testing then public testing is the answer, not invite, so they can see how many player then can handle and such. There are a lot of experienced player of AA here willing to help Trion to address all the error faster than their team (and I'm sure of it). What is the point to keep the game to the perfect point, release it and then the community is almost empty?

Anath
03-30-2014, 09:43 AM
@KrayPanda : Yes i would understand if they just announce it within 2 years and now doing a few testing phase before release. However, it's not ... too long already. Like I said, if they want to stress testing then public testing is the answer, not invite, so they can see how many player then can handle and such. There are a lot of experienced player of AA here willing to help Trion to address all the error faster than their team (and I'm sure of it). What is the point to keep the game to the perfect point, release it and then the community is almost empty?
Ru is still in beta FYI and you can read an official reply in the other thread.

nguyennk91
03-30-2014, 09:45 AM
@Nimarhie and @King, Yes the FoV does not help in PvP but it does help in Relic Hunting, Treasure Hunting (same for the remove-fog). How do i know? i'm using it (Yes i admit) You can see like a KM away to spot all the ship, relic (if your pc can handle it) --> boring. You sometimes cant even see if the ship is 5m in front of you before you apply the "hacked" material and it should be that way if you want to make treasure hunting fun.

King
03-30-2014, 09:45 AM

Well. I'm sure they're not delaying it because they want to. Since- they are a company that's spending money on ArcheAge. I don't see that much monetary value coming from friends and family players alone. Therefore, they probably want to get it out even more than we want it out at this point.

However, there's likely things they're doing and/or waiting on that they cannot talk about. It's just how it is. On the subject of bots and hacks though- most definitely needs to get addressed. Not so much in say Alpha due to wipes, NDA and lower press presence- but definitely before opening the game up. (Which, again, they know)

nguyennk91
03-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Ru is still in beta FYI and you can read an official reply in the other thread.

Ya i read it and i think RU is in OB which i dont think there is any wipe after that (maybe i'm wrong)

Westeller
03-30-2014, 09:49 AM
Ya i read it and i think RU is in OB which i dont think there is any wipe after that (maybe i'm wrong)

If things are half as bad as they sound, there might well be.
It'd be a good opportunity to clean everything up in one swoop after addressing the problems.

KrayPanda
03-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Honestly nguyennk91, we have no idea about all the things they had to think of before making these kinds of decisions. Us talking about it is probably similar to what they went through and I think they know what they are doing. Suggestions are always helpful but coming into the forums and making your first post this? It's flat out rude. I'm sure you have plenty of experiences and knowledge to back up what you are saying too. You are here to help and you can report many issues that they may be having right now too, but that's about all you can do. You can post and report and call out issues all day but the people who actually address the problem is Trion. To make that your first post makes you look like you have no experience and are being impatient that the game isn't out yet.

nguyennk91
03-30-2014, 09:59 AM
@KrayPanda: I dont see any problem with making first post about the report of Ru Version :/ so you want me to post my first post in introduction, reply a few other post before making the report about Ru Version?
And yes, i'm impatient ... I dont really post stuff on forum actually but the time Trion put into testing is just ridiculous to me ...
Sorry i'm you think i'm mad or anything but i'm not and really calm right now. I'm still playing Ru Version and will making more report about stuff I see.
I just really dont understand why they need to go through 2 testing phase before OB after years.
I heard a lot of good things about Trion about how they handle Rift (yes I got a lot of faith in them after that) but how they handle the testing phase just kinda odd to me :/

@Scape: Thanks for reply to my thread. But if it's possible, please tell us more description about what you plan to do in Alpha phase and CB phase and how they're different ... like
In Alpha phase : we will bla bla bla while CB is for bla bla bla

Thanks,

KrayPanda
03-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Fair enough then nguyennk91, if you don't normally post in forums what made you think about it this time?

nguyennk91
03-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Decide to post what i see in Russia because i havent see a good post about it yet (maybe i miss out) :/ at least on how to actually counter it.
I did go through the QnA too and love how Trion handle the Labour point but there are still a lot of questions need to be answer.
Yes i'm happy that I got my answer from Scape about their knowledge about this exploit stuff, but still not understand about the invite only testing phase.

Dotti
03-30-2014, 01:20 PM
Guys, everybody here is talking about the russian bots. There are many more bots in the Korean version, some servers seem to be entirely composed of bots and this has been going on for over a year now.

I have no faith wahtsoever, that XLgames is capable of correcting the problem any time soon.

Better get used to it.

PureRogue
03-30-2014, 01:28 PM
They just need good system to report them, not just ignore that such problem exists!
Everyone should know that they can not protect game against bots, they are and will be in every game!
We can only reduce the harm they can do!

reighnman
03-30-2014, 01:52 PM
The game pack is encrypted, it just gets decrypted pretty easily (as does the db).

Snowyamur
03-30-2014, 02:00 PM
You know, I wonder if South Korea made this game only to hack us once it releases into the US. Everyone keeps reporting bugs, bots, glitches, cheats, and so on. It makes me wonder how Trion trusts XL Games and decides to bring this game over to North America. With all these complaints, it sounds like this game should not even go live in North America for the safety of our security.

PureRogue
03-30-2014, 02:04 PM
You know, I wonder if South Korea made this game only to hack us once it releases into the US. Everyone keeps reporting bugs, bots, glitches, cheats, and so on. It makes me wonder how Trion trusts XL Games and decides to bring this game over to North America. With all these complaints, it sounds like this game should not even go live in North America for the safety of our security.
Yes, you better start worrying!! :D

Memerto
12-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Here is the stuff i see in Russia server that make the game basically garbage now. Sorry but i must say a lot of questions asked in QnA are not-relevant to what we're want to know (from the people who havent play the game yet basically)

Bot running around like this is Bot server (Savanah - 40+ level map - 80/100 player running around is Bot. Want the market stable so newbie can play? kill this link removed on request

Want to fix bot problem quick? easy, make us a report button (Russia version does not have this) and always have GM available to monitor the report (punish the people who make fail report - this should be easy to make :/ or you can just fire the develop team)

Fix all the stuff that people here can make (Packet injection hack, modify skill into anti-aircraft gun - solo kraken) link removed on request

Make the game packet data encrypted, else people can just unpack the game folder and put on random addon (Extreme FoV, no-fog underwater, etc) after the extract the game folder out

Only allow 25level+ or whatever+ to use world/union/global chat to prevent trash gold seller (dont know why is it so hard to block gold seller - you guy just dont want to, seriously)

Will continue if i can think of anything else :/

And just my opinion ... Why do you need to go through Alpha then CB (phases that required invite / key) ? just do Alpha or CB and then enter OB .... need to address a lot of bug, translation? make it public testing and we can help you to address all of those stuff much faster then your team ... then you can just wipe the server and start the fresh OB ... cant really get what the heck you guy're doing :/

Official Response: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?893-ArcheAge-bug-that-must-be-fixed-in-NA-to-make-sure-the-game-last-long&p=12286&viewfull=1#post12286

Thanks you for removing the links, nguyennk91. We aim to not have too many rules on these forums but linking to exploits is certainly one of them (full rules coming tomorrow).

Second, we are keenly aware of the vulnerabilities discovered by other publishers and XL Games is working to address them this very moment. Trion Worlds will be vigilant when it comes to maintaining a safe and fair gameplay environment in ArcheAge.

As for the need for a full test phase cycle, we want to make certain that we're ready for launch before getting to that stage. That means incrementally stressing our servers and systems, learning, iterating, and then expanding the test.

16/12/2014

Almost 6 month later.
We are on "released" state.
Same problems.

GG

TranceFox
12-16-2014, 12:08 PM
need ice for that burn scapes?

GenerallyDiscontented
12-16-2014, 12:58 PM
This is why professional game companies purge their beta/alpha posts before going live with a product. Funny enough you can look back and see every single problem of live being predicted 8 months ago.

M3Merto
12-17-2014, 09:28 AM
https://www.ricesigns.com/real_pictures/bump_sign_W8-1_large.jpg

Mordai
12-17-2014, 10:44 AM

Good thing all this was reported in alpha so it could be fixed before release.

Kaosfury
12-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Good thing all this was reported in alpha so it could be fixed before release.

Lol.

I didnt realize they knew of these problems for months. Hmmmm

ShadowDragonXXI
12-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Normally I'd have something to say about a 6+ month necro, but this one is amazingly still relevant. So what's the chance half of these issues they knew about MONTHS ago will be fixed with the 2015 update? Zero? Less than Zero? (Is that even possible? o_O)

I'm trying to stay positive here but when they keep pulling the same crap every week. As Albert Einstein put it: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sinya
12-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Normally I'd have something to say about a 6+ month necro, but this one is amazingly still relevant. So what's the chance half of these issues they knew about MONTHS ago will be fixed with the 2015 update? Zero? Less than Zero? (Is that even possible? o_O)

I'm trying to stay positive here but when they keep pulling the same crap every week. As Albert Einstein put it: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sorry, never.

M3Merto
12-17-2014, 01:03 PM
And here it goes another
http://www.elandroidelibre.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Bump.png

Veight
12-17-2014, 01:06 PM
did they fix flower exploit yet?

Chari
12-24-2014, 11:34 AM
trion worlds will be vigilant when it comes to maintaining a safe and fair gameplay environment in archeage.

BWAAHAHA! HAHAa !!!

danideo
12-24-2014, 02:50 PM

LOL 9 months later...

Kaosfury
12-24-2014, 02:54 PM
LOL 9 months later...

I started to laugh......

Then i realized i play the game....and i felt sad

Inanis
12-24-2014, 02:59 PM
you play the cash grab?

Zero Kelvin
12-24-2014, 03:04 PM
16/12/2014

Almost 6 month later.
We are on "released" state.
Same problems.

GG

You mean 9 months.

You sir, receive a cookie for the best Necro'd thread of the week!

San
12-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Buhahahaha... lets find all threads like this and show how Trion was milking us from the beginning.

At least some fun :)