PDA

View Full Version : Eidolon - Archer's Achilles Heel.

Demonologist
10-15-2014, 12:26 PM
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#8.4.2/JPaGk0s1TSE - dps focused
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#8.4.2/H0a1k0EJSvl - cc focused

It counters Archery extremely hard.
Reason is that it has so much cc and so much mobility to match even a primeval has up to 3 gap closers. Shadow step, Back flip and teleport, then has plenty of cc to follow up Banshee wail insidious fear earthen grip and lassitude. you also have anti cc against mages (the sleep and impale) and if you go cc heavy you can have the +500 Magic defense
you also have anti stun anti silence and shackle, you will be nearly cc immune except for a fear, snare and trips. you will still be doing a lot of damage against your opponents because you can stack up your bloodlust easily while their stunned and follow up with a Shadowsmite stealth if you need to wait for the next shadowsmite

Talathion
10-15-2014, 12:30 PM
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#8.4.2/JPaGk0s1TSE - dps focused
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#8.4.2/H0a1k0EJSvl - cc focused

It counters Archery extremely hard.
Reason is that it has so much cc and so much mobility to match even a primeval has up to 3 gap closers. Shadow step, Back flip and teleport, then has plenty of cc to follow up Banshee wail insidious fear earthen grip and lassitude. you also have anti cc against mages (the sleep and impale) and if you go cc heavy you can have the +500 Magic defense
you also have anti stun anti silence and shackle, you will be nearly cc immune except for a fear, snare and trips. you will still be doing a lot of damage against your opponents because you can stack up your bloodlust easily while their stunned and follow up with a Shadowsmite stealth if you need to wait for the next shadowsmite

How can you counter an archer, when hes kiting you?

I don't see a single move over 25m. He will be at 33m!

You also don't seem to have a single move that blocks his attacks. Meaning you need to kill him "VERY" "VERY" fast before he bursts and destroys you.

360NoScope
10-15-2014, 12:52 PM
As I main a trickster....I would laugh at you, you have no way to remove my sleep and fear immunity, congrats you can mud hand snare me, so? I'll just keep pew pew'ing you into oblivion, and since I assume you're wearing cloth since Lake plate is so expensive, I'll crit you to death before you even think about dealing any decent damage.

RequiemAA
10-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Oh crap, someone posted my super-secret build. Oh but they built it wrong and everyone is making fun of the spec. /phew

Killing people with auto attacks since headstart baby.

Aeryan
10-15-2014, 01:45 PM
I played a build that is nearly the same as the cc heavy build here. (just a few points different)
With Leather Armor and the Hasla Staff. It works extremely well. Stealth, a ton of ccs, selfheal, mobility and you can Purge/Focal Concussion the anti fear just away. Only class I had problems with was Daggerspell since they can do the same with purging my anti sleep buff :D

But I won most of my duels with this class and totaly love it. This class definetly has great potential, even if you mix magic damage and physical damage. I wouldn't say that they are especially good counters for archers. But it seems some people do overestimate their archer builds :P

Dreadknight
10-15-2014, 03:19 PM
How can you counter an archer, when hes kiting you?

I don't see a single move over 25m. He will be at 33m!

You also don't seem to have a single move that blocks his attacks. Meaning you need to kill him "VERY" "VERY" fast before he bursts and destroys you.

Currently, there is only 1 ability that has 33m range, aka Stalker's mark and it is in Shadowplay tree not Archery tree. The rest are 28m. Mage classes with sorcery can have the almost same attack range as Archery (25m vs 28m) which is merely 2-3 steps.

This Eidolon build gives you two 20m teleports (teleport forward then teleport to the target's back) which means you can pretty much instantly close the gap of any target. Then follow by Sleep or Fear then Grip, any mediocre Primeval would die in matter of seconds after this combo...

Demonologist
10-15-2014, 04:59 PM
I see so this class is best when focused as Witchcraft as main damage source?

RequiemAA
10-15-2014, 08:15 PM
I see so this class is best when focused as Witchcraft as main damage source?

Yes, yes. Keep believing this.

Aeryan
10-16-2014, 12:19 AM
@RequiemAA: You couldn't be less helpfull ;)

Best? No. It is a mix between Witchcraft damage and Shadowplay damage since the damage from Witchcraft is quite nice but there aren't that many damaging spells and you will have gaps between the few damage skills. For me personaly it worked well with a staff and about 50/50 damage distribution wich made me normaly more flexible. High magic def results in more damage from Shadowplay where high physical def takes more damage from Witchcraft. But it can also be played more physical with non-magic-attack-weapons. There are some builds I could imagine.
But for me Staff and half damage from Witchcraft and half from Shadowplay worked super well in pvp and pve. That made this build a bit like ninja-classes in other games (magic using melee characters).

RequiemAA
10-16-2014, 02:57 AM
@RequiemAA: You couldn't be less helpfull ;)

Shhhh. I'm making YouTube guides for all my troll specs, this one happens to be the best :)

Reav
10-16-2014, 04:12 AM
Yes, yes. Keep believing this.
I think you must be running the same build as me >_>....
I also agree with your sentiment of keeping it under wraps.