PDA

View Full Version : Western Guild <Strength in Honor> is now recruiting!

Barroth
10-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Strength in Honor

-----
Commerce, PvE, Individual and Guild Progression, Anti-Pirate and Other-Faction PvP
-----

Strength in Honor (SiH) is a decade+ old, multigame guild currently building a presence on Inoch. In ArcheAge we're a fairly small guild of around 10 active players but we aim to expand, with the goal of being a significant contender on Inoch by the release of Auroria. We have already accomplished many of our initial goals: having a decent chunk of housing territory, clippers, many farm carts, and a galleon, and have set our sights on further gains - merchant and fishing ship acquisition and runs, guild mansion(s), larger (and more successful) PvP operations, and so on.

For this, however, our ranks will need to grow substantially. And that's where you come in, potential recruit! We at SiH are a mature, anti-griefing, anti-generally-bein'-a-jerk guild with a diverse set of interests, goals, and levels of activity. Apply to SiH if you want to have fun and play a meaningful role in building something bigger in ArcheAge. No getting lost in a giant swamp of members and no resigning yourself to never experiencing the content that larger groups are able to offer.

We are also interested in making sure our individual members can accomplish their goals and have fun. The hustle is all well and good, but we think the best way for one of us to have a good time is for all of us to have a good time. From help getting housing plots, building up resources and vocations, and tackling dungeons and other PvE areas to guarding and assistance in PvP areas and exploring and establishing trade routes - we're there. With a bard providing an ever growing catalogue of songs (I don't think he has a useable inventory for anything else now), an irrepressible punologist, a cow, a Cow, and many more fine folk to meet - it's a good time to be with SiH!

We do not restrict membership to a particular set of players - patrons, f2p, hardcore, casual, etc. - are all welcome. Respectful and decent behavior is expected of all SiH members, with the understanding that this is largely a PvP game and fighting enemies is part of the game. SiH does not participate in random attacks or pirating against Western faction members, but may engage any Eastern faction members, pirates, gankers, or similar at their discretion.

Guild Site: sih.onemadogre.com
How to Join: Visit site, create an account, contact someone in the list below.
Contacts In-Game: Lokoo, Barroth, Beslain, Greenaxiomus, Tanx, Yuun
Communication: Vent, forums, in-game

beslain
10-19-2014, 05:31 AM
Bump.

/10char

Lokoo
10-19-2014, 08:01 AM
Looking for good people to join on guild.

Barroth
10-19-2014, 03:45 PM
That's right! You too can become a member. Simply go to sih.onemadogre.com and fill out an application.

beslain
10-20-2014, 07:31 PM
bump

/10char

beslain
10-21-2014, 09:08 AM
We want YOU!

Guilty
10-21-2014, 11:27 AM
pretty sure the roman phrase was "strength AND honor"

"strength IN honor" just sounds stupid.

SiHJian
10-21-2014, 01:16 PM
pretty sure the roman phrase was "strength AND honor"

"strength IN honor" just sounds stupid.

Just to be clear. This phase is not related to Russell Crowe's loose adaptation of a non-realistic ancient Roman character "Gladiator". As I see the phase 'IN' makes perfect sense. We appreciate the bump, no matter how irrelevant your statement is.

KarDiamond
10-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Pretty cool Guild description. Good luck!

The name doesn't sound stupid, I like it.

beslain
10-23-2014, 06:05 AM
Bump.

/10char

Shirslock
10-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi buddy! I am interested in joining, just registered in your forum! Need activation to make my app!
Regards!

Lokoo
10-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Shirslock, I know Beslain talk with u today. /W me in game tomorrow and I can throw you an invite. Lokoo

Shirslock
10-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Thx a lot i will pm you on sunday as a am not in muy country atm. Thx for taking me into account. Regards

Guilty
10-26-2014, 12:18 AM
Just to be clear. This phase is not related to Russell Crowe's loose adaptation of a non-realistic ancient Roman character "Gladiator". As I see the phase 'IN' makes perfect sense. We appreciate the bump, no matter how irrelevant your statement is.

Didn't mean to hurt your ego there big guy, just saying due to the popularity of "gladiator" it sounds like you tried to copy an awesome phrase and failed.

I laugh at you guys every time I see you in game lol

Lokoo
10-26-2014, 08:30 AM
Guilty, once again thanks for bump; suggest you google "strength in Honor" and note it's use with the military.

For everyone else here is the story behind our name written by a long-term member of our guild.

What's in a name? A name can be anything from a meaningless randomly picked set of letters, to a meaningful badge of honor. So tonight, I give to you the tale of a name. Specifically, a name that started out as a different name but that after all was said and done, ended up in the specific way it was meant to be.

Once upon a time, in a place not too far away, the whispers of a new game spread all through geek land. The news send giddy shivers down the spine of gamers everywhere, who thirsted for every single morsel of information they could gather about this game. This need for information gave origin to forums where like-minded players would gather to discuss the game. One of these forums websites was named Worldofwar.net. It was in this particular setting that a group started to gather. They came from different backgrounds, different races, different languages, even different nations, and yet congregated in one unified group sharing the love of the game. The game itself was still far away from release, yet this group kept coming back to those forums to discuss, not only the game, but each other, their jobs, their families, and with each discussion, sharing things of each other that united them more and more. Their first big argument was over which side they would play... would they be an "Alliance" or a "Horde"? Proving greater than an ordinary group they achieved something rare and amazing... they achieved "COMPROMISE". In this they agreed that they would be both! That they were strong enough to play with and against each other. So before they knew it, the game came out and they all jumped in the adventure and quest for glory and gold. Unlike most Guilds, they did not do recruiting through spams or posts. Most of the recruitment was done by members who were grouping with other random players. Not everyone got invited though. Members of the guild were picky when it came to invites. They would only mention their website to players that, although might not have been the most uber, they were pleasant to group with, did not quit easily and were fair and just with the distribution of loot. In fact you could say they would only invite kindred spirits. As time passed, said Guild split in two yet one (Worldofwar.net-Horde and Worldofwar.Net-Alliance) came to be known across the realm. Their fame not coming from Uberness, elitism or power, but born out of fairness, politeness, justice, friendliness and perseverance. Wherever a member was seen across the land, other players knew they were honorable and trustworthy. Their name became a badge of honor.

Then one day, came an event that would shake the realm. During said event, the Allmighty Game Gods became aware of the Dual Guild's Name. "You can't be a billboard!", they claimed, "you must change your name as we find your current one unacceptable!!!". In fact, to prove their displeasure they named one of the guilds a name that basically called them "fat"..."whale-ish" to be more precise. This prompted another dilemma for the group of friends, what name should we choose? How can we find something that would represent us both?... The argument would be going on and on and on...

As it happens, around that time was a smaller group of friends. This group of friends chose to play Horde and gave themselves the name of Strength in Honor. It was a high standard to maintain, but this group of friends fiercely believed in those words and their meaning. As good as they were, these friends wanted to explore more content, to reach more adventures and they realized they needed to join something bigger to achieve this. Their leader, a Wise Honorable Warlock, sought a meeting with one of the most important figures in the Whale-ish guild, a strange yet lovable Ogre. During this encounter, the Ogre noticed how many things this small group of friends had in common with his larger gaming family. They both valued commitment, they valued perseverance, teamwork, fairness, generosity and honor. After some more conversations, it was decided that they would be a great fit in the guild and decided to merge. At some point, someone voiced what other had been thinking, "hey, they have such a great Guild name. Since they are now with us, wouldn't it be great if we could take over their name?". Many agreed. "one could be Strength in Honor and the other could be Strength in Honour. After all, we do have Canadians here!!!!", someone said with a chuckle. After a vote, it was a win and everyone rejoiced! Including the Gods of the Game who smiled upon the choice and allowed the change. Thus WWN-Horde and WWN-Alliance, became Strength in Honor and Strength in Honour. They always knew it was not just a name. It was a mission statement, it was a goal... but above all, it was a RESPONSIBILITY. Everyone knew their status gained through years of fair play, of generosity, of respect for others was something that could be erased in a second, so they always strove to be their best, do their best and give their best. And even years after these events, the name Strength in Honor is more than a guild name. It's a symbol, it's a vow, a promise and a mantra.

This is our story. This is our Goal. This is our promise and our achievement. And for better or worse, our Most Sacred Responsibility. We do not aim for sainthood, and not claim to be perfect. But we do aim for goodness, fairness and perseverance. Members of our family should keep this words in mind. This is what is expected of you. When you walk around, it is more than your name waving in the wind above your head. Remember that it is also our name that people see when they look at you. The day your accepted membership into our guild, you accepted the responsibility of carrying the burden of such a name. And like members before you, we expect you to respect it, to embrace it and to live through the words..Strength in Honor.

Guilty
10-26-2014, 10:37 PM
Lol you guys are dorks. I don't mind giving you bumps just to troll, I'm the only one bumping your ♥♥♥♥ thread anyway.

KarDiamond
10-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Seems like Guilty is lacking some attention.

Give it to him!

beslain
10-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the bumps.

We now have a Fishing boat!

beslain
10-28-2014, 06:25 PM
To the front!

Barroth
10-31-2014, 06:50 AM
Thank you to all those that have applied. For those who are still looking for a guild we are still recruiting.

beslain
11-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Bump

10chars

beslain
11-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Bump some more

beslain
11-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Some more Bump.

beslain
11-09-2014, 05:15 PM
We would love to hear from you!

Barroth
11-13-2014, 07:01 AM
Come join the fun. Become a member today.

Lokoo
11-13-2014, 02:52 PM
We are now proud members of the NTC. We now have 1 Galleon, 1 Junk, 1 fishing boat and a merchant ship. Fleet is growing. Always looking for folks who like to fight, sail, fish and trade. Lokoo